Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Today, Amanda and Nikki were talking and Amanda said that she thinks "Cal is running a scam on all of us." Nikki seems to be finally waking up to Cal - she and Amanda have been talking about how Cal has a matriarchal system in his commune, but he demeans women all the time. Nikki said she said to Cal, "I have a question for you" in the course of conversation and he replied, "It's 9 inches."

• Love 4

The dalliances by Mike and Josh last night reminded me just how sleazy the "Utopia" guys are. Please don't shatter my belief that Ernesto is the only gentleman there.

Minus Ernesto, the rest of the guys can be the 7 Dopes: Sleazy, Angry, Dummy, Creepy, Shorty, Douchey, and Extra Sleazy.

I don't thing it's fair to malign Josh for hooking up. Having not seen the feeds, he may have been a bit icky if he was engaging in some post-coital bragging with the guys, which isn't great but rates maybe a 2 on the scale from 1 to Aaron. He's a single guy who's been cooped up with the same few diagnosable head cases for two months, it's not sleazy to accept a blowjob from two women, or to hit on Katie. They're all consenting adults and sounds like one of those woman is known for hooking up with D-list celebs and blogging about it; reverse the genders, and some folks would rightly call it "slut-shaming" to suggest an adult who isn't in a committed relationship shouldn't engage in a bit of consensual sex with other willing adults because our delicate Victorian-era morals find it distasteful.

Now Mike, with his running "Man Show" commentary, his utter dismissiveness towards his (presumably now ex) girlfriend, his double standards on polyamory with a woman who made it clear from the start she was polyamorous, his belief he's a sex symbol who bags supermodels... THAT dude is extra sleazy with side order of venereal disease.

As for mmal's seven dwarves... I like your names, but I'm struggling to match the Dope with the Dwarf. So many of those would each apply to any of the guys! Is Rob Angry, Dummy, Douchey, or Shorty? Is Aaron- or Mike, for that matter- Angry, Dummy, Douchey, Sleazy, Creepy, or Extra Sleazy?

• Love 1

Well if Mike is faking, the others don't seem to realize it.  Almost everybody cried when he left.  The only thing I'm skeptical about, is Mike said he didn't know if she'd been in an accident or not.  That seems a basic fact.  I now believe he faked the whole rage attack with Jake (since he immediately broke out laughing when he walked away with Hex), but I'll wait for more details to judge.

• Love 1

I don't have a problem with slut-shaming someone who engages in risky or irresponsible behavior.

The guy who posts most of the lascivious Utopia videos online re-tweeted that "...every1 got BJ's Jake,Josh,Mike,Taylor, CHris got a handy & Aaron got rubbed up on." I would have no problem with that behavior if they were all wearing hazmat suits, but most of them likely didn't even wear condoms, which Mike and some others have previously expressed their aversion to.

Most of this happened with random groupies from the outside, and I still remember reading first-week reports where Josh reportedly said that his whole family has cold sores, while he was talking to Mike about Nikki's cold sore.

• Love 2
The only thing I'm skeptical about, is Mike said he didn't know if she'd been in an accident or not.  That seems a basic fact.

That part does seem odd.   If someone gets a phone call saying, "Something happened to Mike's mom and we need him to come home right away,"  it seems like the inclination would be to ask, "What happened?"    It doesn't need specific details, but a general, "There's been an accident," or, "She got sick," or whatever would be natural.  And if Production didn't want to pry, then it seems likely they would have let Mike call his father to get a few details while the flight home was being arranged.   I'm not quite willing to call it out as a fake, but I wouldn't be surprised, either.

• Love 3

I just re-read the Jokers update.  It says Mike spoke to his dad.  But then Mike says, "It might have been an accident or something.  I just hope she's alive", which would be odd if he just got off the phone with his dad.  I know Mike's a big jokester, but it seems too easy to check if he's lying.

• Love 3

Wow -  I saw a clip on Utopia Madness of the Halloween kid party.  First of all - don't people have some place to take their kids?  A pumpkin farm or something?  They had potato sack races, kids against the Utopians, that was cute. 

then Rob decides to get two of the boys to go up to the porch and watch him throw a pumpkin as far as he can and smash it. (Yeah, kids are so entertained by adults acting like asses).  THEN - Rob tells the kids to take pieces of the pumpkin up to Bella, and say "this is what we think of organics!"  and then throw it.   The kids have no clue, they have to ask him which one is Bella.  Rob keeps repeating it, he's roaring with laughter at his own "prank".  Rob thinks Rob is so clever!

So, the one boy does it.  Only he misunderstood (?)  and after saying something about organics, throws a hunk of pumpkin AT Bella.   (this wasnt shown)  Rob starts saying "No, I didn't mean throw it AT her", laughing his ass off.  Rob goes up to some adults, (presumably the boy's parents)  and says "it was all his idea, I didn't tell him to do it, it was his idea".   WHAT???   He coerces a child to participate in a prank, then absolves himsefl from responsibility. 

• Love 9

Minus Ernesto, the rest of the guys can be the 7 Dopes: Sleazy, Angry, Dummy, Creepy, Shorty, Douchey, and Extra Sleazy.

I can't stop laughing at this!  What fun........I'm thinking it could be as follows:

Sleazy--Chris

Angry--Aaron

Dummy--Taylor

Creepy--Cal

Shorty--Rob

Douchey--Josh

Extra Sleazy--Mike

*Rob could actually be Angry OR Shorty (or Creepy or Douchey or....or....)

• Love 3

According to the Twitter updates, Hex told Chris that they were told by production that Mike's mother's situation isn't even life-threatening.  And Chris asks the questions everyone else is asking: "So why did he have to leave ?"

ETA: ShadyChef is now asking to be voted out.  4 days ago Ernesto wanted to be voted out.  3 days ago Rob took an 18 hour sabbatical from the compound (but he didn't leave) and then came back and was asking to be voted out.

Since Rob has already given away his personal money to others, I would love it it Aaron was voted out and then Rob lost it when people wouldn't give him his money back, and then he walked straight out the front gate.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

One part of me is excited that the CKC are leaving in droves.  I have my fingers crossed that they don't let either Bri or Mike come back.  But then I remember that production gave us wonderful "pioneers" like Kristen, Katie and Cal as replacement utopians.  What hope do we have that they will recruit anyone better?  I don't know how Ernesto got recruited; so far I'm not aware of him doing anything cruel or sleazy (don't disappoint me, Ernesto).

• Love 5

I don't thing it's fair to malign Josh for hooking up. Having not seen the feeds, he may have been a bit icky if he was engaging in some post-coital bragging with the guys, which isn't great but rates maybe a 2 on the scale from 1 to Aaron. He's a single guy who's been cooped up with the same few diagnosable head cases for two months, it's not sleazy to accept a blowjob from two women, or to hit on Katie. They're all consenting adults and sounds like one of those woman is known for hooking up with D-list celebs and blogging about it; reverse the genders, and some folks would rightly call it "slut-shaming" to suggest an adult who isn't in a committed relationship shouldn't engage in a bit of consensual sex with other willing adults because our delicate Victorian-era morals find it distasteful.

Hold the phone there on that Victorian mindset stuff.  I haven't seen anyone, anywhere, suggest that Josh was wrong for getting his rocks off--the guy's not in a committed relationship and he's not wearing a purity ring. 

He lost my respect when he bragged in public about all the salacious details  (having his fingers inside one woman while shooting his load into another woman's mouth? TMI, FFS) to his friends in front of the cameras and THEN acted contemptuous about the women who serviced him, sneering at them and calling them "old heaters," among other things.  I mean, there's really no world in the universe where that's a class act.

But, as you say, consenting adults behaving with full knowledge of live cameras, so don't be crying if your blowjob-ee is less than chivalrous afterward.

There was lots of chatter about how the women's boyfriend/husband were going to be embarrassed, as was Josh's teenage daughter.  Same-same.

Josh wasn't discreet and neither was the "Guiltypleasure" woman who was blogging about it.  Again, same-same, no double standard there.

BUT, in the forums, Josh got hefted onto virtual shoulders and carried around like some conquering hero and the women got called whores, skanks and bitches.  Three people scrabbled around in the bushes--why does the man get praise and the women get scorn?

If Hex had been under the pomegranates with a couple of guys giving her an extra happy Halloween, would the concensus be rock star or tramp?

Edited by candall
  • Love 13

@candall -  I couldn't agree more with your post about Josh.  

He can have all the consensual sex he wants.   But bragging about his conquests immediately afterwards, AND putting down the women he was with, puts him in the category of asshole.  

And I liked him until this crap happened. 

• Love 8

Wow -  I saw a clip on Utopia Madness of the Halloween kid party.  First of all - don't people have some place to take their kids?  A pumpkin farm or something?

I figure that it would be cheaper than a day at the zoo, but they still get to see the animals.

• Love 3

Deleted, because I don't need to pick fights on the internet.  I'd just ask that we extend to fellow forum posters the assumption of good faith, and I'll try to do so myself.

Edited by hincandenza
  • Love 3

I will be shocked if Mike returns. He is going to find out what the internet has been saying about him and he is gone for good. He was able to find a way to get out while keeping his stipend and making it appear sympathetic for the TV show. That is all.

I am thrilled that Bri is gone and with how she went. I love that she realized that something she was doing was pissing off America and that she simply left. It sounds like it wasn't dramatic or anything, she simply left. That is great. Hopefully she realizes that her dream of working with animals is dead and tries to figure out what she wants to do with her life. I will say this, her behavior improved after she was first selected and she lost responsibility for the barn. That does not wipe away the crap she said or did before the first vote but it does indicate that she might be able to grow and change. Hopefully she finds a good therapist to help her work through the issues that she does have.

I would love for Aaron to be voted out and Rob to then leave. I can't see Aaron walking out on his own, I think he needs to stipend money, but I can see Rob walking out. It would be wonderful if they managed to clear out four of the assholes in a one week period with only one vote. That would be bliss.

I am also guessing that they have figured out that the casting they had been doing has totally backfired and that they need to bring in interesting people who are not assholes. Which means, I think that we are not going to get another Kristen or Cal. I don't think we will get another Ernesto, he has been far to quiet for their liking , but we might get someone else like Josh or Hex or even Taylor. And maybe Ernesto will become more outgoing with the mass departure of the assholes with bad energy.

Thrilled to hear that Nikki is on to Cal and his BS. If Aaron is voted out and Rob walks out, maybe the internet can target Cal and his awful cult like behavior. Kristen is going to change her behavior based on the negative comments she got on her blog, the vote from America targeting her friends, and her overall desire to be seen in a specific light. She is totally going to change because she is a follower and the people she has to follow are going to be very different. So get rid of Cal who is a cult leader wanna be.

• Love 7

When I heard Mikes mom had some medical emergency I went to WebMD.com to see if "dying from shame/embarrassment" was a possibility.

I seriously wonder if the production people will continue with this farce as each one of the Dopes threaten to or really do quit. Viewership is way down, and I can't imagine them continuing to add more rats into the Utopia Maze of filth and STD's.

I'm glad Nikki is cluing in on Cal's uber-creepiness. When this show ends I hope Cal moves on to another commune and stays away from society. There's no proof of it but his attitudes and behaviors scream "registered sex offender" to me.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 5

I agree with everything you said ProfCrash... except now that I see it all written out like that, it almost seems too obviously a scripted resolution.  In the span of 3 days Bri quits, Mike quits, Aaron and Rob are on the chopping block and possibly whoever isn't voted off of those two quits as well..

I have zero proof of this, but I would not be surprised if the producers said to them in one of their dead feed moments, "Look, you guys in particular are tanking our show, so we'll pay you the bribe of giving you the rest of your one year stipend to just walk away based on these scenarios we've drawn up, so we can recast your slots and cross our fingers".  Heck, that money is a drop in the bucket; and if replacing the 3 or 4 worst members means even a couple of tenths of a point uptick in their ratings on their $50M investment, it's a no-brainer choice if you're Kroll & Co.

But that said, I also realize I don't even care if it's all shenanigans.  The bastards are leaving without their expected fame and riches, and maybe a few decent cast members added will mellow things out and get the show on track.  I promised to watch at least one more episode, and that'll be the one that recaps the departure of Utopia's most hated members.

Edited by hincandenza
  • Love 5
(edited)

Josh won the vote for the Biggest Contributor!

http://www.utopiatv.com/news/detail/1992/help-decide-josh-s-reward-vote

Now we get to vote on his reward.  Does he get a clambake, a real bed, or a table saw?

Josh is missing seafood, and with a clambake all the Utopians could have a night of clams, lobsters, and shrimp with all the fixings.

If he gets the bed, he could try to keep it and have everyone jealous of him, or give it away.  Of course he'd give it to Amanda because now that she's in her eighth month of pregnancy she's getting a lot more uncomfortable sleeping on the floor.

If he gets a table saw, he'd be able to work a lot faster.  He'd get the spare room built faster and have more time for his own projects that could bring in more money for the group.

Voters must have a Utopia passport to vote, but the passport is free, so feel free to sign up and vote.

Voting closes Tuesday morning (10/28/14) at 6 AM Pacific time, so act fast if you want to vote.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 3

When I heard Mikes mom had some medical emergency I went to WebMD.com to see if "dying from shame/embarrassment" was a possibility.

There's been an outbreak of that among several members of the Dopes family. 

If Mike's Mom is legitimately undergoing a medical emergency, I do hope she is ok.  I would not be surprised though if it is Production hijinks.

ProfCrash - I agree with your post except this:  Hopefully she realizes that her dream of working with animals is dead and tries to figure out what she wants to do with her life. I will say this, her behavior improved after she was first selected and she lost responsibility for the barn.

I think she was shielded from the cameras and told to keep a low profile after the initial vote.  And I misread the first sentence as "her dream of working with dead animals".  That amused me greatly until I re-read it properly this morning.  No more late night perusing on the tablet for me!

hincandenza - the premise for the show had potential.  They killed that potential out the gate, but maybe with some retooling (ha!  see what I did there?) it can actual be interesting.  Assuming they don't re-populate the Topes with New and Disproved versions of the old.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 6

Table Saw. The clam bake would be nice but it is a one time deal. He is one of the few people who would use the table saw and it would make his life a whole lot easier. I can't wait until the others find out he won biggest contributor. Given that a few of them thought he might be up for elimination, they are in for a rude surprise.

• Love 6

Table Saw. The clam bake would be nice but it is a one time deal. He is one of the few people who would use the table saw and it would make his life a whole lot easier. I can't wait until the others find out he won biggest contributor. Given that a few of them thought he might be up for elimination, they are in for a rude surprise.

The only thing that would have been better is if Bella won .... I would love to see Rob's head explode.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think I'll vote for the saw.  Josh has one there, but it's an old used one and he's complained many times that it's not up to the task.  He's waiting on plans and materials to build the spare room that Amanda is supposed to use, but in the meantime he can build her a bed with the materials that someone will magically find in some 'forgotten' corner of the compound.  Not that I'm accusing Production of interfering or anything.

As much as Josh would like the clambake, it'd only be for one night and I'm sure that Aaron (if he's still there at the time) would insist on doing the cooking and mess it all up.  Amanda would refuse to eat it because Aaron cooked it (smart move), Bella would worry that the food wasn't organic (but she'd probably eat it anyway because that's what she always does), and a few random others would be unhappy because they don't like seafood but they'd eat it anyway and be miffed over it.  They'd be all "Well because of JOSH, we have to eat this crap instead of ramen noodles."  And Aaron would either not provide anything else for the seafood haters to eat or he'd claim Nikki used up all the food so this is all there is.  Then when everyone was suffering from eating the improperly cooked shellfish the show would be cancelled because the majority of the Utopians are in the hospital being treated for food poisoning.

Having a real bed would be interesting, but Josh is well over 6' tall.  Would the bed fit him?  If he used it, the others would constantly be laying in it and resent him when they bedded down at night on the floor.  If he gave it to Amanda, she'd become their new target because a lot of them are already not happy that she's going to bring a baby into their already messed up Utopia.

If Josh got a shiny new table saw he could make beds for all of them (with the magically appearing lumber), and they can then figure out ways to buy mattresses and box springs.  He's given them beds, at least they'd be off the floor and away from the cockroaches, spiders, and mice.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 6

I would love for Aaron to be voted out and Rob to then leave. I can't see Aaron walking out on his own, I think he needs to stipend money, but I can see Rob walking out. It would be wonderful if they managed to clear out four of the assholes in a one week period with only one vote. That would be bliss.

I like your optomism.  I'd love to see all that dead weight cleared out as well.

But, I wonder if they've been given instructions that they cannot vote for Bri, even though she left.

If not, if they're smart (and Aaron and Rob want to stay) and no one builds a case against them because of the unity they seem to be feeling lately, they'll just get a majority to vote for Bri.

• Love 1

If Josh got a shiny new table saw he could make beds for all of them (with the magically appearing lumber), and they can then figure out ways to buy mattresses and box springs.  He's given them beds, at least they'd be off the floor and away from the cockroaches, spiders, and mice.

I wonder why the inmates never thought to build a separate sleeping area -- once the electricity was hooked up I know I would have made that a priority (along with a working garden).  I find it pretty gross that they are cooking, eating, and sleeping in the same space (especially since some of those people are disgusting concerning their lack of hygiene and general cleanliness - did they never learn to pick up after themselves?).

I like your optomism.  I'd love to see all that dead weight cleared out as well.

But, I wonder if they've been given instructions that they cannot vote for Bri, even though she left.

If not, if they're smart (and Aaron and Rob want to stay) and no one builds a case against them because of the unity they seem to be feeling lately, they'll just get a majority to vote for Bri.

That better be the case - I would be majorly be pissed off if Bri was still "up for elimination" ---- what a cop-out.

• Love 1

I wonder why the inmates never thought to build a separate sleeping area -- once the electricity was hooked up I know I would have made that a priority (along with a working garden).  I find it pretty gross that they are cooking, eating, and sleeping in the same space (especially since some of those people are disgusting concerning their lack of hygiene and general cleanliness - did they never learn to pick up after themselves?).

I think you hit the nail on the head. Their lack of concern for hygiene and general cleanliness means they have little motivation to do the work to create a better situation. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm pretty sure that Bri has been removed from the vote list, but what you suggested fills me with dread.

Right now Rob is thinking he'd like to stay until the next vote, and Aaron has started to say he thinks that now he's fulfilled his mission of teaching the others to cook and would be happy to be voted out, but I think both are lying.

I think Rob would love to be voted out, so he could rage and complain that he's leaving and go home to Jess and insist he didn't quit.  (Note to Jess: if you have to wait for your man to leave so you can buy the car he didn't want you to buy, and you have to remind him on your way out the door that he shouldn't quit, maybe you should rethink this whole marriage thing.  I'm wondering if Jess is enjoying their time apart.)

IMO, Aaron really doesn't want to leave, but he's setting up an exit strategy in case that happens.  He says he's going to stay in LA for six months and build a resume working for high end restaurants, then go back home and open his own fine dining establishment.  Yeah, I don't think that will happen, he can't cook worth a damn, and has no idea of how to plan a menu, budget, cook, or size portions.  At this point I wouldn't even frequent a McDonalds that would hire him.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 5

what will Aaron think when he sees that production was snarking about his cake?

----------------------------------------

over the weekend I was watching a feed when the wedding dress was mentioned.   it sounded like Cal was saying he wanted it (sounded like a joke), but Rob said no.

maybe I misunderstood.     is the dress still there?     why?      

• Love 1

over the weekend I was watching a feed when the wedding dress was mentioned.   it sounded like Cal was saying he wanted it (sounded like a joke), but Rob said no.

maybe I misunderstood.     is the dress still there?     why?

I think at the wedding, Cal told Jess one of his girlfriends is about her size and he thought the wedding dress would fit her, and he asked if he could have it.  I think (not sure) that Jess told him no. 

• Love 1

Per the live feed updates, Aaron just spoke to Production in the TR and told Taylor that Mike is not coming back.   Huzzah !!!  He's gone.

ETA: Now that Mike is gone maybe they can get rid of the Chonkins/Tina CC nonsense.

Quite honestly, I'm glad that Mike the lazy, lying, conniving, gossiping sack of shit is gone -- he was a negative influence on the show across all levels and needed to go long before this weekend.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 12

Cal just announced that he is going to leave Utopia with whomever is voted out today!

Four Dopes out!  This is too good!!!

WHAT? No friggin' way!? :)    Just took some more blood pressure medication!  Who could have predicted the mass amount of quitters on one show alone? Even Survivor hasn't had this many people quit in a single season. Wow, unbelievable. All those who said that Cal had an agenda, was right. 

• Love 5

Wow this is awesome. Mike and Bri gone. Aaron or Rob leaving. Cal leaving with whoever else goes. Beautiful!

Looking at Jokers: I wonder if Cal's decision to leave is over the peas incident, he has been trying to bring Aaron up on charges for that since it happened, or the fact that he has been outed as a cult leader or both. Cal has made no headway on converting Nikki and is well aware that others have intervened to prevent Cal from manipulating Nikki. Aaron and others stopped him from trying to recruit Bri to his farm. And no one wants to try Aaron over the pea throwing incident. Cal is right on that one, Aaron did it intentionally and was an asshole but I am not certain that anyone cares about peas being thrown out especially after most people didn't care that he threatened and shoved Josh.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 5

I think I may have accidentally ingested a hallucinogen because I'm believing I read somewhere that Cal is leaving, but I can see by the other posts that this must be some wide spread malady.

It really is like Christmas!  Who do I see about ordering that unicorn I always wanted? 

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 7

I feel giddy with excitement!  This is the most I've ever enjoyed this show.  I think production has hit on a winning formula:  figure out who the viewers hate the most, then arrange for them to walk out the gate.

• Love 8

figure out who the viewers hate the most, then arrange for them to walk out the gate.

To a̶ ̶r̶a̶v̶e̶n̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶i̶o̶n̶s̶  feedsters with paintball guns.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 8