Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Art is a matter of taste but I find Bella's piece boring and pretty amateurish. (shrugs)

Yup, ProfCrash, I knew I knew nada about art!  lol. I like the stuff that is not good, and don't get the art that is acclaimed by the critics! I figured it was probably not very good, but compared in my feeble attempts, Bella is Picasso! 

• Love 4

Bella is not stable or mature. She is a 2 year old in an adult body who wants her way all the time and will throw tantrums until she gets what she wants.

ProfCrash - On behalf of 2 yos, please be advised that this remark is objectionable, hurtful and grossly erroneous.  Further comments will result in a slander suit.  So there.

I like "The Gate" because it sets the scene for the show, but also because it could be a thought-provoking painting all by itself (even if the show did not exist).

It makes me think of the Gates of Hell and Heaven's Gate. 

• Love 5

Mike and Taylor are with the Cows this morning and, after trying to create some sort of weird comedy routine which had Taylor playing some kind of hick that took a cow to Prom, Mike makes sure to point out that Honey "really slimmed down" after having the calf. Nevermind the fact that Bri and others were completely under feeding the cows anyway and were told as much by the Vets. If Honey still managed to "slim down" after being starved that says even more about their lack of care regarding the animals.

Taylor then goes on to mention that its hard to be in bed with one "chick" when you're dreaming about being in bed with "another chick." He tells Mike that he wants to break up with Hex (I thought they already had broken up?) as he doesn't really want to be in a relationship while in Utopia.

These guys need to realize that they are no prize - they should be grateful that any woman would want to  have anything to do with them. Unfortunately, even though the options in Utopia are limited, most of them don't appear to have very good judgment when it comes to deciding who to partner with.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 7
(edited)

A lot of stuff happened yesterday, and I had the time so I thought I'd make a recap. It actually starts just after midnight and a lot of what I've written has been talked about here already, but here goes:

It's just after midnight, and most of the Utopians are in bed. Cal, Nikki, and Bella are sleeping outside. Chris is on the computer, Taylor and Rob are outside complaining about Josh telling drunk Taylor to stop trying to wake everyone up because he wanted someone to talk to and no one would. Taylor's a mean drunk and the resulting argument culminated in Taylor calling Josh a douche and Josh telling Taylor that he is a douche, and an immature one at that. After that Josh went back to bed, and Rob stayed up to smack talk Josh with Taylor. It's been probably an hour since that argument but Rob and Taylor are nothing if not persistant when they decide they don't like someone.

Coyotes start howling. It's obvious there are a lot of them and they're quite close to the house and barn. Enrique the rooster is really making a lot of noise.

Chris runs out, followed by Hex with her bow. They, Rob, and Taylor run toward the noise. It appears that the coyotes are still on the other side of the fence outside the compound, and they disappear into the night when all the mean humans crash their party. No veal or chicken tartar for them. Situation handled! (There has since been discussion about whether or not Hex could legally shoot at the coyotes. Where I live a person can shoot an animal who is threatening a person or livestock, don't know what the law is in Santa Clarita.)

Bella rushes up to the group in a panic. She's not sure if it's safe to sleep outside now, and is quite agitated. She wants everyone to know that she was that she was OUTSIDE! when the pack came calling and is terrified that they'll come back for her. I don't think the reassurances of mere humans is going to be enough for her.

Bella is looking for God's voice to tell her it's going to be OK, or maybe the Great Gazoo to make an appearance. (Privately, I think a part of Bella is actually excited to have a scary thing like this happen. It's a chance to tell everyone about her fear, show off her goosebumps, seek reassurance, and either get comforted or rejected. Either way is good for her. Being comforted is nice, and being rejected is another chance to be a Victim.) Bella gets both. Rob's done and he says he's going to bed, tells Bella to sleep well and leaves. There's a bit of nervous chuckling, then Chris offers to help Bella move her bedding into the house.

Bella wakes up Cal and Nikki, who slept through the whole thing, and encourages them to come inside with her. Cal tells Nikki she's safe and rolls over to go back to sleep. Nikki decides to spend the rest of the night indoors and gathers her things. Now everyone heads for bed for good.

Nikki gets up before 7 and it's still dark when she starts her meditation on the dock. It's her first day as the new cook!

Dede and Kristen are milking the cows, then Mike and Rob start cleaning the barn.

It's after 8 before Nikki gets into the kitchen to prepare breakfast, and she's having a hard time concentrating. Cal is helping her and they get ready to make breakfast tacos. Cal's frying the eggs for the B-taco's, and he's doing it one egg at a time! Those eggs will be stone cold when consumed, but it's food, so it'll probably be OK.

Bella's on the computer, Kristen and Rob are off and talking about Ernesto passing around a note asking to be voted out. Rob wants to leave, too, but he's happy to bash Ernesto for wanting the same thing. But he'd really like to get Bella out first, or at least set up the conditions for the group to vote her out ASAP.

Kristen shows how she views Utopia when she says it's like a mix of Survivor and The Apprentice.

Aaron gets up and walks past the kitchen, giving Nikki and Cal a hard stare as he passes. They don't notice. Aaron then goes to his bed and writes in his journal while keeping a close eye on the kitchen crew.

Josh appears and brings some fruit he picked off one of the trees. He starts cutting it up for breakfast.

Kristen and Rob are joined by Hex and Taylor. Hex is tired of people wanting to leave and wishes they'd just shut up and walk out the gate already. Taylor is hung over and also in a surly mood. They're all annoyed about Ernesto complicating their vote Bella out plan by asking that he be voted out instead.

They're also mad that Bella seems to be bringing in more money than anyone now and are worried that she'll be kept around as a result. They all seem to be fine with getting rid of Bella even if that means far less money coming in.

Breakfast is served and everyone sits down to eat. There are the breakfast taco's with egg, Italian sausage, and spinach, plus creamy oatmeal and orange sections for a side. Everyone is eating like there's no tomorrow. There are lots of compliments on the breakfast, causing Rob to look angry. Aaron is hilarious, because he goes from just sitting and staring around angrily to scarfing down food like he's starving, then he remembers himself and starts staring around again. Eventually he just stares at his lap.

Rob and Taylor have been talking about Bella even though she's sitting right there at the table. As the meal nears it's end, Bella pipes up and says that she needs more money for food.

Even though she went over budget on her food order, a lot of that was from other people asking her to add items to her list for them. I suspect they all know this, but the Bella-hate is strong and most of them are willing to overlook it. Bella knows this, Ernesto and Josh have been talking to her for the past couple of days about just staying under the radar and asking other people to add any additional items she needs to their lists, starting with them.

Bella just can't do that, however. She admits that she went over budget, but doesn't add that some of that was her ordering for other people. Then she starts saying "We need to order more food." Rob keeps interrupting her every time she says "we" and says "you".

Bella points out that she's brought money in, and Kristen is forced to confirm that just in the last 24 hours $500 has been added to their account because of Bella.

Rob says that they're not going to vote to give Bella more money for food because she can't prove that a doctor told her she must eat organic food. (Dammit, he's right about that part, but I don't like either of them so I get no pleasure from any of this.) Bella finally asks Rob "How much money have you made for us?" and the fight is on. There's lots of people being shocked that Bella would ask such a thing while most of them clear out.

Rob gets loud and tells Bella she's being voted out next. Hex jumps in and wants to know why Bella bought two expensive chocolate bars. How dare she!

Chocolate isn't on the food pyramid so Bella shouldn't have it. (I guess cigarettes, alcohol, and Sour Patch Kids candies are on there somewhere. Why else would anyone get upset over Bella buying candy bars, even if they were expensive ones?) Bella keeps eating while she argues, and eventually Rob tells everyone not to argue anymore and Hex finishes off by telling Bella "F--- you!"

At some point in this mess, Rob grabs one of Bella's candy bars and smashes it up, throwing it into the garbage. Later on, Bri and Chris pick up pieces of the chocolate from the trash and eat them while Bri says that she can't belive that Bella spent so much money on it! Enjoy Bri, and when you leave Utopia I hope someone points out to you that Bella was also reduced at one point to eat out of the garbage, except that she only got potato peelings.

Aaron approaches Nikki and hugs her while telling her she made a good breakfast. Hell has officially frozen over. Oh, not so fast. Aaron then tells his buddies that "It's not gonna be me!" He can afford to be generous because Bella has now made herself the biggest target for eviction.

Bella tries to get on the computer again and Rob cuts off all the electric to the house. I don't know why. He could be trying to remind people that back in the

beginning he helped dig the trench to bring in the power line, or he could just be being an ass. Your call.

Mike was called to Production and returns quickly to tell Josh that they can't sit around anymore, they have to start working together on projects as a group. (Why is he telling Josh this? Josh is constantly working. Rob worked in the beginning, then decided it was more fun to lay about and trash talk other people. Since the wedding, he's done a minimum amount of work.)

The group is told of the new regime and their choices are to build Amanda's room for her and the baby or working in the garden. (Are they really going to have a newborn here? I can't imagine purposely putting an infant in this situation.) Cal immediately refuses to work on Amanda's room because he says that would be

segregating Amanda and he's not down for that. (I think that Cal's real objection is that he wants Amanda out because she's interfering with his campaign to get Nikki to join his cult. And just maybe his earlier neo nazi roots are surfacing.)

So now Cal, Dede, Hex, Kristen, Mike, and Taylor report to the garden so Cal put them to work. Hex is supposed to be in charge of gardening, but since she started making jewelry, she's only wandered over to water occasionally and get reports from Cal about how things are going.

While they work, Taylor and Hex talk about how much better and cheaper Nikki's breakfast was over what Bella would serve. Hex says she hopes Bella gets kicked out and has to go live in a homeless shelter and hopes that people there spit in Bella's face. So classy.

Bella is off talking to herself and having a pretend conversation where she laments about no one understanding what she's trying to do for everyone.

Aaron doesn't want to work in the garden so he goes to the kitchen and starts chopping up oranges. Then he takes them out to the gardening crew as a snack.

Taylor tells Aaron about the argument last night with Josh and says that he wants to get Josh alone, cover up his mic, and threaten Josh. I guess he figures that Josh will helpfully cover his own mic also. Aaron seems to think this is a fine idea. He says that Josh will respond by taking Taylor to court and nothing will happen. Aaron should know, having successfully skirted out of his own punishment for threatening Josh. Aren't some of these people so nice?

Aaron has successfully avoided working in the garden because he has a single person showing up to his bootcamp. He goes off to put some poor idiot through hell and leaves the garden crew to their own devices.

Bella has gone on an eating spree, eating her remaining chocolate bar, and then wandering around asking various people if they know where all her chocolate went. Eventually she nabs Ernesto and he's too nice to push her off, so he's stuck listening to her cry about how bad things are for her.

Josh is off trying to fulfill the crate orders that have been piling up, but he's having problems with the saw. It's not cutting well and needs a new blade. I don't know what happened with making used pallets into the crates, because they're made with rough pine, but now it seems the crates are being made with oak and the saw blade is having a hard time ripping the lumber. He says that crates made with oak should be priced higher than what he's selling them for, as working with oak is more difficult than working with pine. Eventually the decision is made to fulfill the existing orders and then he's going to stop making the crates and focus on making smaller wood boxes.

It's now around 4 PM and Amanda has called a meeting. She starts out saying that there have been a lot of complaints about Bella and she wants everyone to work together to figure out how to get along. Then she says that the Halloween party she was supposed to throw for kids during Halloween Day has not been publicized at all. Kristen was supposed to do that, and now everyone knows that she didn't do it. I can't belive this is news to anyone. Then Amanda announces that there will be no blogging from Utopia, so Kristen and Bri's blogs will not be happening.

They have a discussion about how many things that some people have to sell have still not made it onto the website. Kristen was saying that Production was slowing the process down, but Chris has managed to put things up very quickly, it's becoming apparent that Kristen is not only bad at her job, she's actively sabotaging some people. Amanda has been making hair bows for children and Kristen has failed to put any of them on the site. Chris offers to load them for her. Kristen is probably trying not to wet her pants right now. Meeting is over.

There's some kind of issue with a painting that Bella thought Kristen had mailed and Kristen said she told Bella to mail it. I think that they're actually talking about two different paintings. The UPS man is on his way and Bella's getting frantic trying to get the painting in the mail. She's looking around, trying to both justify the mistake and seeking help. Rob starts in and calls her a crazy skank. No one sticks up for Bella, so she's on her own here.

Bella goes to Josh for comfort, and he tries, but it's not working out too well. Bella is too wound up by the horrible day she's been having. Bella has worked herself up to the point where she wants to quit.

She starts crying, Josh is trying to get her to understand the things she has done wrong while also agreeing that there are other things that other people have done wrong. Bella won't listen.

Bella has decided to move outside, I guess she forgot her fear of coyotes. Since Josh is not helping as much as she'd hoped, she turns to Cal. He's moved to the kitchen to start prepping dinner and he won't help. Bella's day is just getting worse.

Kristen is mad that Chris made her look bad by showing that he's better able to manage the website than she is. Her little gang is surrounding her, telling her that Bella is bullying her because of the mixup with the paintings. They still consider Chris a part of their group, so they aren't complaining about him yet, instead they focus on Bella. (In truth, Kristen did actually tell Bella that the painting in question needed to be sent out today, but for some reason Bella didn't absorb the information. So many of the Utopians are really reactionary, the slightest thing causes them to shut down their higher reasoning functions and just start pointing fingers and yelling. On top of that, many of them insecure and don't want to accept any blame or consequences for their actions. Is it any wonder that this whole thing is imploding?)

The guy from the hardware store (Craig) has arrived to deliver Josh his new saw blade. They seem to have a good rapport and chat amaibly with each other, then they go to find Dede because she's getting her soap making supplies from the same store. Dede gives Craig a sample of her soap and they chat a bit about soapmaking. Josh then walks Craig out to the gate and tells him that things are so stressful in Utopia that Josh finds things to work on away from the group just to get away from them.

Bella is jogging around the compound to work off some of her steam. She stops to share kind words and kiss noises with the plants in the garden and the animals. (This woman truly can't get along with people and has substituted plants and animals as something to connect with. I don't like her, she annoys the crap out of me, but I feel sad for her. I find it very upsetting that there are so many feedsters who gleefully look forward to her meltdowns and say that she should stay in Utopia until the bitter end so they can laugh at her.)

Meanwhile, several of the Utopians are checking up on the status of Bella's paintings. The eBay action is going well but they decide not to let her know that because, as Kristen says, "Bella can't handle this right now." Chris is there and his only response is to say "crazy". He's fine with not telling Bella how much money her paintings are making.

Hex is on a tear. She's spouting off on how religion is crap, it's destroying the world. Money is crap, and people with money are crap. Bella came from a wealthy family and that's why she's stupid and insane. She saw a documentary about how eating organic food is stupid, and it's Big Business fueling all the organic craze, so anyone who wants to eat organic is stupid and crazy. (Everyone, please take note that this young unemployed 25 year old has figured everything out. Abandon everything you've ever thought or learned and only listen to the wise pronouncements of Hex. Don't pay any attention to the fact that she still lives with her parents, she only learned to shoot a bow 6 months ago so she could be on the show, bears a slight resembelance to the girl from The Hunger Games, and is shacking up with a guy who admits he's spent his entire school life in special ed and says he'd never be with her in real life because she's not pretty enough for him and he doesn't like that she's smarter than him. Just ignore all that and comfort yourself that Hex has everything figured out and YOU'RE ALL WRONG! She holds herself to a higher 'precedence' [her words] and she knows all.)

Dinner is served family style. Bella doesn't attend, preferring to eat beans out of a can on the dock and talking to the fish. Everyone else is thrilled with the meal. They eat like demons and keep talking about how good the food is. Aaron eats and remains quiet. Josh takes several portions and then sits looking sad, but when the remaining food is being removed he grabs another portion for himself. Kristen has to get up to replace her batteries on her mic, and when she gets up it's obvious that the former overweight person who says she hates fat people is actually starting to gain a little weight herself. Nikki is once again complemented on providing a great meal, and she's thrilled with the comments and the fact that she managed to provide enough different foods that everyone at the table has things that they can eat, even the people that have specialized diets.

Amanda is once again eating with the group. She's not waiting to cook her own food like before when Aaron was cooking. For some reason Kristen has a large jar of peanut butter and keeps eating out of it, although I think that she also ate some of the other food as well.

After dinner, Josh goes to Bella to make sure she's OK. They agree to both nominate Rob for eviction because they think that Rob is the one who has too much sway over people and is the one who is currently causing too many problems.

Bella goes to Nikki and asks if there are any leftovers she can eat. Nikki says no problem.

The Utopians get together to make a 'show' where they pretend to interview each other. It's stupid, and since I didn't watch it, all I can say from reading Jokers is that Aaron made some comments about growing up in the south and some things were said that made Josh look stunned.

Nikki feels bad about Bella and tells Cal she wants to cuddle with her. Cal tells her she shouldn't because he thinks that Bella can't handle it. Nikki disagrees, but doesn't go to Bella. Rob tells Nikki that 'some people' wanted her to fail when she cooked for the group, forgetting to mention that it was his idea and he was the one who most wanted her to fail. Mike is telling Aaron, Chris, Dede, and Kristen that he thinks something big is going to happen tomorrow. He's probably been tipped off that Production is supposed to make some big announcement around noon on Wednesday. Kristen is trying to get physical with Aaron, but he's not biting. Mike and Dede have a chat about how they're not used to not being part of a couple and how hard it is to be a singleton. Mike tells Dede he misses her. Whatever.

People start going to bed as Chris stays up late to cut paper up to wrap up Dede's soap in pretty packages. He's trying to make each bar look pretty. He finishes and goes to bed, ending another day at Utopia.

Just a head's up, Production has started a fresh round of searching for people who want to join the fun and games. Interesting.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 21

These guys need to realize that they are no prize - they should be grateful that any woman would want to  have anything to do with them. Unfortunately, even though the options in Utopia are limited, most of them don't appear to have very good judgment when it comes to deciding who to partner with.

I've wondered for a while what they were looking for when they cast the women on this show. Besides Amanda, it seems like the women were all thinking that hooking up with one of the men was part of the "game".

Please don't misconstrue my comments as any sort of "slut shaming", that's not what I'm saying. From the start, it seemed like the women had a different mindset about the whole experience than the men. The nudity and casual sex right from the start is different than other reality shows I've seen. (Admittedly, I don't watch that many) it just seems like they didn't want any women on the show who might be more interested in "building a society" than in finding a man.

Wow. Reading my comment, I think I just did the Bachelor thing of questioning who is "here for the right reasons".

• Love 6
Coyotes start howling. It's obvious there are a lot of them and they're quite close to the house and barn.

Hmmm - any chance this was all faked up, Zahdii?  I've lived in coyote areas and there's several things here that ring false.  First, I've seen them congregate but never 'hunt in packs'.  Second, on the hunt they're usually quiet as quiet, and vanish when they run up against people.  It's hard to know they're even there till your cat disappears.  Third, I've never heard of them howling while 'attacking' - my understanding is that they howl to call to each other over distance (for several reasons), not to announce their presence before raiding a human area. 

Sounds fishy to me.  Like a staged event by producers who don't know much about coyotes.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 10

Oh my - thank you for such a thorough narrative recap of the day Zahdii!

Seriously, the folks who provide the recaps here do such a great job that I am spoiled when I go to other sites.

I was trying to watch some video of Cal and Nikki making breakfast yesterday, but it was all in real time so took forever.  I do think I saw where they were plating up the food and covering it was bowls or dishes which would have kept the flies away, so I was thrilled just on that basis.

ETA:  Coyotes

Hadn't occurred to me it might be Production hijinks, but that sounds like a 50-50 bet.  Just did a quick google on them and coyotes hunt both singularly and in packs (although this doesn't usually happen until fall/winter).  Coyote attacks on humans are pretty uncommon but apparently have been increasing.  I lived in So Cal for about 10 years (foothills of San Gabriel Mountains), so coyote sightings were not uncommon in residential neighborhoods built on their natural habitats.  Plus, humans provided a ton of handy dandy food - poorly disposed of garbage, compost piles, pets....

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 4

I think they choose women who fall more into the counter culture stereotype, yoga, meditation, granola loving, commune personalities and they seem to fall into the perfect stereotype, enjoying companionship of almost any sort. You have the cuddling with the men and a desire to be physical with a man but you have the community element of the goddess circle. I don't think Nikki, Bella or Dede went wanting to find love or a relationship but that all three went open to meeting someone or sharing something short term. Hex and Bri are early 20's and probably interested in finding a relationship because it is pretty common for people that age to be dating and the like. Bri is so insecure and damaged that I think she has to have a relationship to feel ok.

I don't think I know of any man who is running around talking about how he needs to be in a relationship. Maybe it is the men I know but most of them seem to be fine without one and it is not as much a part of their identity as it is for a woman. I think this just gets back to Utopia pretty clearly showing something that is common in society, women feeling like they need the security of relationships and men being less worried about that. (shrugs)

And I don't see the fact that there were women comfortable running around nude as slut shaming or an attempt to get men but more hippies who feel like we need to get over our body image issues in this company and just chill when it comes to the human form.

• Love 4

So, they're making noises about a big shake-up today... and last week's TV show eluded to something big that happens (but the show won't be back again until next week).

Do you think the comment in the show about something big that happens is a preview of something that hasn't happened yet (meaning whatever happens today (if it happens at all)).

And do you think they'll show what happens on the live feeds?  Or will we be looking at cows during a big shake up?

• Love 2

I figure if anything happens at Noon today that is noon west coast time so three east coast time. If the Topes are discussing something happening then I suspect something is happening. This is the best time to seriously change the cast due to the break because of the World Series. A serious shake up is needed, Production knows that, but who knows how they will handle it if they do anything.

I fear that their big idea will be to get rid of Bella, Josh, Nikki, Amanda, and Dede

Funny and ironic quotes from Aaron regarding Nikki's breakfast this A.M:

"I just don't like how late she serves it."

"She doesn't give us options."

"Her oatmeal tastes like snot."

"The kitchen is always a mess." 

Yes, he said these things, I kid you not.  I can't stop laughing.

• Love 11

Zounds!  Thanks, Zahdii--that filled in tons of blanks for me and I didn't know about half that stuff at all. 

I've been very interested in Ernesto because he didn't seem to have the requisite whack factor, but--ha--now we know he's just praying to make it out of there alive, as soon as possible, with his stipend intact.  Passing around HELP ME! notes is pretty funny. 

And Amanda's still acting as though she's going to be in Utopia with her baby?  Well, that just cannot possibly be true.  She was smart enough and motivated enough to stay away from Aaron's food, she's smart/motivated enough to have a plan.

Standing O for Chef Nikki!!!  Take that, you fly-blown boogery biohazard.  And there's fruit?  On trees?  Why isn't everyone munching on a piece of fruit in every single photo?

Who said Hex wouldn't be pretty enough for him, on the outside?  Cal, I presume.  Yeah, brush that Hustler model dross off your buckskin on the way back home to your brainwashed bevy of beauties.

Bella continues to be the perfect storm of insufferable and suffering.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to file a 24-hour report, Z.  I'm grateful for any live feed incident that anyone is gracious enough to share, but I was hungry for a big 'n tasty fried egg breakfast burrito like that.

• Love 6

Z I love the recaps and appreciate them.

Bella suffers because she is insufferable. I think the Topes could give Bella everything that she wants and she would keep trying to find something that would make her the victim. She strikes me as the person who cannot be happy unless they are unhappy and the victim.

It is amazing how Bri has pretty much disappeared from the feeds and the show. I guess her smack down from America was enough that she changed her behavior a bit.

• Love 1

Bri's "government" is to keep it basically the same but to "change the energy."  She stood before the group reading from a typed list that her rules will incorporate "love, unity and community" and will consist of the new mantra, "choose love" which she wrote on her "wrisk" with a pen and encouraged all to do the same.  They will put individuals into a "soul circle" and tell that person what they love about them and then what needs to be improved.  They will also find someone they do not usually speak to and tell that person what they love about them.  They will do their chores as a group (yes, milking and gardening and building) instead of just 1 or 2 people.  They will have a sleep over in her "apartment" and they will cook s'mores again sometime this week.  She also wants everyone to have dinner at the rocks again like they did their first night there.  She then said in a cheerleader fashion, "we can do this! We can choose love!" and presented the group with a painted sign that said "Project Love" although she admitted that she initially forgot to put the letters c and t in the word project and had to change the letter j from a t.  She then ended the meeting by asking everyone to hug one another.  And if we believe Bri wrote this (I mean typed this) with no help from production, then there is no hope for us as viewers of this mess.

I just hope this wasn't the big crapper of a surprise.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 6

ShadyChef threw out the pot of split peas that Nikki/Cal were soaking to make soup for supper -- and he didn't just toss them in the garbage can "accidentally", he maliciously tossed them on the ground outside the building, because he claims he thought it was old oatmeal. Umm, since when have they been tossing garbage on the lawn -- how about never ?  He was looking to stir shit up and Nikki and Cal didn't fall for it.

It was a purposeful spiteful act by a petty jealous asshole man-child.  Fuck you Shadychef !!

ETA: Utopiamadness has photos

http://www.utopiamadness.com/2014/10/aaron-tosses-dinner.html

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 8

ShadyChef threw out the pot of split peas that Nikki/Cal were soaking to make soup for supper -- and he didn't just toss them in the garbage can "accidentally", he maliciously tossed them on the ground outside the building, because he claims he thought it was old oatmeal.

I saw that pot of peas when Nikki was making breakfast--she drained it in the sink and the pot was turned toward the camera.  Those peas were bright green and not at all mushy--how about a "chef" who thinks old oatmeal is green and looks like small individual little pebbles?  Haha, nice try Aaron.

• Love 4

Funny and ironic quotes from Aaron regarding Nikki's breakfast this A.M:

"I just don't like how late she serves it."

"She doesn't give us options."

"Her oatmeal tastes like snot."

"The kitchen is always a mess." 

Yes, he said these things, I kid you not.  I can't stop laughing.

Is Aaron a connoisseur of snot that he can compare it to Niki's oatmeal?

• Love 5

Holy butthurt manpain, Batman! That's low even for ShadyChef.

Is he trying to put a bullseye on his back? Seems like throwing away perfectly good food that was intended for the entire group would be a fantastic way to do that.

Also, what chef would even try to use the excuse that they can't tell old oatmeal from soaking split peas? Either way is damning and should result in him being evicted from the kitchen at the very least.

• Love 10

Bri's "government" is to keep it basically the same but to "change the energy."  She stood before the group reading from a typed list that her rules will incorporate "love, unity and community" and will consist of the new mantra, "choose love" which she wrote on her "wrisk" with a pen and encouraged all to do the same.  They will put individuals into a "soul circle" and tell that person what they love about them and then what needs to be improved.  They will also find someone they do not usually speak to and tell that person what they love about them.  They will do their chores as a group (yes, milking and gardening and building) instead of just 1 or 2 people.  They will have a sleep over in her "apartment" and they will cook s'mores again sometime this week.  She also wants everyone to have dinner at the rocks again like they did their first night there.  She then said in a cheerleader fashion, "we can do this! We can choose love!" and presented the group with a painted sign that said "Project Love" although she admitted that she initially forgot to put the letters c and t in the word project and had to change the letter j from a t.  She then ended the meeting by asking everyone to hug one another.  And if we believe Bri wrote this (I mean typed this) with no help from production, then there is no hope for us as viewers of this mess.

I just hope this wasn't the big crapper of a surprise.

Can I just go ahead and vomit now?

• Love 9
Bri's "government" is to keep it basically the same but to "change the energy."  She stood before the group reading from a typed list that her rules will incorporate "love, unity and community" and will consist of the new mantra, "choose love" which she wrote on her "wrisk" with a pen and encouraged all to do the same.

I guess Production nixed the genocide she originally planned. 

because he claims he thought it was old oatmeal.

Because oatmeal and peas look so much alike that even trained chefs can't differentiate between them.  He can't really think they'll believe that.  What an ass he is.  I hope they call him out for being petty and vile, and then call him out again for being even more stupid than the second-dumbest tope.

• Love 7

WWWHHHAAATTT??? He tossed out the soup and just doesn't even ask before doing it?  So passive aggressive. That's really too bad. Because if you eat split pea soup and it is made with milk and some ham, can be very filling and hearty. He is no chef. I'm no "chef" and even I know what they look like and have made them myself. What a total, massive, jerk.  Controlling people's food is definitely a way to control their behavior. I can almost imagine what he would do to a GF or wife that is acting in ways that he doesn't approve of. 

• Love 7

he was mad that Bella was given some oatmeal.    then says he was really intending to throw out leftover oatmeal?

btw, it's not his kitchen this week. he should stay out of it.

• Love 6

Huge Recap

I just wanted to give a shout out to Zahdii for the comprehensive recap.

I like following along with what's going on with the live feeds, but I don't pay for the 24 hour access.

So, I just wanted to express my appreciation for writing that huge running recap filling me in on what I missed.

• Love 5

Bri just told Nikki and Cal that "they" (production?) have a big project planned for the group that merges with her ideas on government.  I knew this was production-fueled.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 3

Sounds like they changed the rules again.  Per the link that @wirebitersm posted:

The three Utopians who accumulate the most votes will be announced as the three “ONLINE OUTCASTS,” and will be shortlisted for replacement.

Later in the week, the 12 Utopians who have not been shortlisted will vote and select the shortlisted Utopian to be replaced and sent home. In the event of a tie-vote among the 12 Utopians, the results of the Passport Holder “Online Outcasts” vote will be used as the tie-breaker and determine which Utopian will be replaced and sent home.

Also, this: 

The first online voting window for the Biggest Contributor opens at 12:00PM PT Saturday, October 25th and closes at 10:00pm PT Sunday, October 26th. During this online voting window, also referred to as the vote for the "BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR," Passport Holders have the opportunity to vote for which of the current Utopians they would like to reward, based on who they feel has contributed the most in UTOPIA.  All current Utopians are eligible for this reward. Only one vote can be made per Passport! The Utopian who accumulates the most votes will be announced as the “BIGGEST CONTRIBUTOR” and will receive an award that is determined by the Passport Holders. Additionally, the Biggest Contributor will be exempt from being replaced in the next voting window. Passport Holders will not be able to vote against the Biggest Contributor in the next vote for the “Online Outcasts.”

Sounds almost like they're borrowing a page from Opposite Worlds, letting viewers choose someone to win a reward, and also allowing voters to vote on what that reward is.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 2

I would like to add Kristen to that list of non-contributors (although I admit removing her is not as paramount as say, Aaron or Rob at this point).

ETA:  I am torn at this point, between voting for Aaron and voting for Rob.  If anyone has input that will help me decide, it would be greatly appreciated.  The general consensus on the live feed chats is that Rob will walk, but I'm not so sure he will make it that easy for us.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 3

She then said in a cheerleader fashion, "we can do this! We can choose love!" and presented the group with a painted sign that said "Project Love" 

First thought in my head was how sad it is that the late ABC network staff announcer extraordinaire (and father of film director Paul Thomas Anderson) Ernie Anderson isn't available to lend his talents to promote "Project Luuuuuuuv".

It worked wonders for the boat.

Edited by kib
The three Utopians who accumulate the most votes will be announced as the three “ONLINE OUTCASTS,” and will be shortlisted for replacement.

Later in the week, the 12 Utopians who have not been shortlisted will vote and select the shortlisted Utopian to be replaced and sent home. In the event of a tie-vote among the 12 Utopians, the results of the Passport Holder “Online Outcasts” vote will be used as the tie-breaker and determine which Utopian will be replaced and sent home.

I'm surprised only one Tope is leaving after the big change in the rules -- the top 3 vote getters should all be gone and they should bring in 3 new people to replace them immediately (and no voting to decide who stays).

ETA: This really isn't a pants-shitting level change, it's a minor change at best.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5

ETA: This really isn't a pants-shitting level change, it's a minor change at best.

Depends on the pants (Oh my, an adult diaper pun)

Yes candell, that was mostly for you...

• Love 2

Awwww......the Mean Kids Club (AKA the Cool Kids Club) members are sooooo pissed off!  Bris says "this isn't what I signed up for."  I guess laying around and eating all day was what she signed up for.  Aaron and Mike are saying that America "doesn't see us 24/7, they don't know what we know. They only see an edited version of what's going on. This will become a popularity contest."  Really?  Did production not explain the live feeds to you?  Mike, we even know you can't get an erection if you're wearing a condom!  Hex is crying because "America won't like an Atheist, hunter, anarchist."  Well, apparently we were willing to overlook your shortcomings until you became a bully and a cutthroat.  Dedeker says "the Utopia experience just took a shit."  And Amanda says "Pastor Jon told us when he came back that what we do, America sees. And that was enough for me.  He wouldn't lie."  Kristen thinks this will make them do more "grandstanding" for the cameras and become more competitive.  Rob says "for the first time, I feel like I'm on a television show."   Taylor says "duh....."  (I'm paraphrasing here) and Josh (who must've had a long talk with production) says that something must have happened to make this turnabout occur, and its likely without a change the experience will be canceled and they'll all be at home next month.  Chris and Ernesto see this as a good thing and Nikki says if you remain true to yourself, you have nothing to worry about.  Now production is there to answer their questions and the feeds are down.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 9

And every 2 weeks. They can change it back to once a month once we get Aaron, Mike, Kristin, Bri, Taylor, Hex, and Dede off. That's about 3.5 months. Maybe get rid of Bella but need to see how things go with her 1. Getting enough food and 2. Getting rid of the "rattlers"

• Love 4

Wow, that was great. I watched the meeting live and although it made me want to throw things at the screen, it was also very satisfying.

They (the jackass contingent) largely seem unable to understand the "live" and "24/7" part of the feeds. They keep insisting they're being edited. Look, I know we don't get to see footage all the time from all the cams, and there are undoubtedly conversations that happen that we don't hear or see, but it's not like they're busy saving kittens from burning buildings while we're not watching.

• Love 13

I've been trying to decide who to vote for as my choice for elimination.  I wish I could vote for about nine of them.

Aaron - he's a petty, malicious, sneaky, thoroughly vile human being.  He lies, steals, tampers with people's emails, and disrespects the uniform by wearing it while being the kind of person he is.  He uses food to control people, wastes food and money that the entire group needs, and plotted to put maggots in someone's food in order to drive her to leave. He also is the worst excuse for a cook I've ever seen - in both quality and cleanliness - and I've watched Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares.

Rob - He's a sneaky liar who plans to sabotage people behind their backs while encouraging them to their faces and then laughs about how clever he is. Also, he thought it was a "win-win" if Honey's udder infection resulted in her dying.  And he's a hothead and a hypocrite.  But it sounds like he wants to go home, and I don't want to help him leave with his stipend intact by giving him a chance to be voted out.  Still, I want him to see that he's disliked for being part of the bully squad and an all-around ass.  

Mike -  He's a thief and a manipulator, and as part of the CKC he's a bully and general douche. Wanted (along with Rob) to implement a Ponzi scheme that wasn't a Ponzi scheme. Talks with Taylor about using women for maintenance sex, and sounds borderline misogynistic. He's hypocritical regarding what he thinks he can do vs. what he thinks Dede can do regarding kissing visitors.  When he broke up with Dede he considered trying to get her to leave Utopia. He's also an idiot with not even a minimal understanding of the importance of wearing a condom when engaging in casual sex.  And he's a shit-stirring instigator who tried to play his own variation of a race card at least once.  

Bri - because the Mootopians deserve justice.  And food.  And even if her 'Lil Dictator Reign of Terror was limited to the animal barn, she's still the girl who wanted to "break" another tope in order to get rid of her.  Her lack of empathy towards others borders on sociopathic.

Kristen - another one who thinks it's fine to bully, badmouth, and steal from people, as long as she's not on the receiving end of it.  She participates in behaviors like messing with other people's emails and possibly sabotaging people's chances to make money via the website.  She's hypocritical, untrustworthy, and incompetent, and her grasp of economic policy is laughable.  

Taylor - another member of the CKC, so is complicit in their tactics.  Is part of the Repos sub-club.  Participated in the chicken prank. And wants to threaten another tope when the mics are off.  Also he, along with Rob, once complained that Amanda should be washing their laundry for free.  He's also a general douche, especially when drunk or recovering from having been drunk.  Does seem to do some work, and is reasonably good with the mootopians.

Hex - going downhill fast.  Part of the CKC and all that entails.  Has said some really nasty things lately, including wishing for another tope to get kicked out, have to live in a homeless shelter, and be spat on.  Works in the barn and seems to handle the animals with reasonable care.

Cal - seems to have cult-leader tendencies.  Also a bizarre attitude towards gifts from his mother.  

Dede - member of the CKC, may be helping Mike cover some of his shady accounting (though it's not quite clear how much she's aware of), and as a member of the Repos may or may not have taken a bite of Bella's apple and then put it back (uh, that's not a metaphor).

Bella - she definitely has some issues that make her presence in Utopia difficult for herself and others.  She's unstable, unable to rein herself in, and has self-imposed food requirements that don't mesh with living in a fake society populated by famewhores.

Chris - can be immature, and has treated Bri disrespectfully, i..e. lifting her dress in front of others.  Other than at the beginning, he seems to do well with the moos, especially Cash.

Amanda - mostly a stable presence, but Utopia is no place for a baby.

Ernesto - seems sane, so really shouldn't be there.  Also, it seems like he wants out of that place, which is further evidence of sanity.

Nikki - also seems mostly sane.  A vote for her would only be to rescue her from that place before she's either poisoned by Aaron or indoctrinated by Cal.

Josh - also mostly sane.  Cannot hold his liquor and may have crossed some lines while drunk on the first night.  Seems to work hard, doesn't bitch about it, and tries to handle conflict in a rational manner.

I'll be especially happy if the three that are "shortlisted" are Aaron and Mike, along with either Rob, Bri, or Kristen.  

I guess my vote with go to either Aaron or Mike. I keep thinking that I'll vote Mike, and then I remember Aaron and the maggots.  And anyone who would have put maggots in someone's food if he hadn't been stopped by Production just shouldn't be there.   I'll need to decide by Friday morning.  If anyone remembers something major from the live feeds that I've forgotten but should take into consideration, let me know.

Edited by ElleryAnne
  • Love 8
Plus, humans provided a ton of handy dandy food - poorly disposed of garbage, compost piles, pets....

Oh I don't doubt that coyotes are around, but it's just that we're given to believe that they were attacking en mass and were only shown off by prompt intervention.  This doesn't sound like coyotes so much as a western about frontier life, which is kinda what the producers are ostensibly going for.  If it wasn't a set-up, they probably just heard coyotes gabbing away, not the start of a coordinated attack.  If it were any other show I wouldn't be so suspicious, but here we are.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 2

@ElleryAnne--I absolutely agree with everything you just posted.  I think, though, I'll do what has been suggested on the live chat feeds......to wait as long as possible before voting, thus watching to see if anyone will walk away first, possibly saving my vote.  I'm torn between Aaron and Rob with Mike pulling a very close third only because I think he holds slightly less power over the Udopians than the other 2.  

For the one who contributes the most, I will vote for Josh first (because he was there a little longer than Ernesto and he was able to build a few more things on his own), then Ernesto, then Bella, then Nikki or Chris.

I welcome any suggestions or opposing views!

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 4

Personally, with all the whining Rob has been doing about being done, and wanting to leave, and all of that, I'm in favor of keeping his name out of the running. Let him be forced to quit if he really wants to go. I know he's toxic in a lot of ways, but he can wait at least 2 weeks.

I think I'm voting for Mike. I'd like him to get out in the real world and see that people really do dislike him for exactly who he is. Get out there on youtube and look at your unedited self, Mike!

• Love 7

This is great!  Taylor just said to Hex that he knows they had to do something to boost the ratings but why this?  So, apparently now they realize they're not the huge TV stars they thought they were!  Haha!  Love this!

• Love 7

As someone who's fully supported the evisceration of Kroll & Co., I have to give them credit for letting the viewers be the warden of the Utopia Asylum. The lunatics have had more than enough time running it into the ground.

I'm going to try to get a one sentence e-mail through to the douchebags, "It's payback time, bitches!"

• Love 6
.what has been suggested on the live chat feeds......to wait as long as possible before voting, thus watching to see if anyone will walk away first, possibly saving my vote.

I'm wondering if any of the topes will be deliberately awful between now and Friday, instead of quitting.  If walking away before the vote would cost them any part of their weekly stipend, then I can imagine one or two of them (especially someone like Rob) being worse than usual just so they can later claim that they manipulated the viewers into voting them out.  That way they keep their money and try to save face by saying that everything went the way they planned.  But I could be giving them credit for more intelligence than they've actually demonstrated.

• Love 1

@ElleryAnne--good point.  But I remember the look on Rob's face during the discussion (and the fact that the meeting head was Josh, not Rob) and he definitely had an "Oh Shit" look on his face.  I think right now, most of them are just trying to grasp that A) they're not the superstars they thought they were and B) that America just grabbed the joystick right out of their grubby little hands.  

Aaron just said he thinks those up for the first vote will be him, Bella and Josh.  He really cannot see how much Bella and Josh contribute???  He's delusional.

ETA:  Rob is sulking because "Bella was supposed to be the next one to go."  He's thinking about staying in his pajamas until the vote is over. Hex is convinced that she will be voted off because of her beliefs and that "only the boring ones will vote,"  Dedeker thinks she'll be voted off because she is polyamorous, Bri because she is "not the most comical one here."  Aaron is coming dangerously close to saying out loud that he will be voted off because of you-know-what (race).  These people completely miss the fact that we have seen them connive, plot, backstab and bully their co-Udopes but we're going to base our votes solely on their beliefs and views.  I really resent being portrayed in such a matter.  They have no respect.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 10