Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

If they want to get this back on track, Production should come up with goals for the folks to meet. Something that would force them to work together and accomplish a task. Like "Hey, we are going to take away your electricity. Here is a kit to build a solar station or two with instructions. Get to work. You have two weeks before the power goes off." Or "The group needs to not be sleeping on the floor. Figure out how to build beds or hammocks for everyone. You have two weeks" If they fail, then there is a penalty.

I am sorry, but this group of losers is unable to motivate to do any real work. There are a few working but not all that consistently. I am reading about the cows being milked into the ground and not collecting all the milk. What a waste. How about "Here is what you need to get your hydroponics going. Done properly, you should be growing enough food to feed everyone in X number of days. Seven days after that time you cannot order food from the grocery store."

Had they cast this properly, they wouldn't have to do this type of stuff but they didn't. So you have people hanging out and doing nothing because they don't have to do anything. A few boot camps, yoga, belly dancing, braids, and an open house and they make enough money to get buy. But they are not building anything because they don't have to. So take away the money and make them build something.

Hell, offer a buy out "We are changing the rules. Here is the new deal. You can leave with your stipend intact if you want but if you stay there is no calling for groceries, no raising money in any way, you are on your own. We will make sure you have everything you need to make the hydroponics work but that is it. Have fun."

• Love 5

maybe they will do a zappo's move, and offer the Utes some cash if they will leave.

theory being that production would prefer to have Utes that want to be there.   and those who turn down the cash and stay will be the ones who really want Utopia to work.

Great concept but far too logical for this production company, not to mention the wackadoodles within the compound. I think we're about two or three weeks away from this thing evaporating, not with a bang but a whimper. Sweeps start 10/30 - 11/26, followed by tried and true holiday programming. Dreck, but profitable dreck. I really believe unless there's a homicide (I wish I were joking) to jack the numbers there's very little more anyone can do to prevent the business side of the network to go into 'stop-loss' mode.

(BTW - Love the 'Zappo's move' shorthand, very concise. Props)

Edited by kib
  • Love 1
But they are not building anything because they don't have to.

When Production cast this show, they should have asked the applicants, "Do you know the difference between a pioneer and a squatter?  And if so, will you try to be a pioneer?"   And then taken only those who answered yes to both questions.

It amazes me that they're not putting more of an attempt into fixing up their living quarters.  They've been there for what - seven weeks now? - and they're still content with messy living and sleeping areas.  Even if money's tight, they could figure out how to clean and organize things better.  Put up a few walls or even shelving to create separate sleeping space.   I'm surprised they didn't do that before starting on the workshop/love-shack.  Then again, it sounds like they're not big on keeping themselves or their home clean and sanitary, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  But every time I see something on the live feeds, it looks like the topes are unfamiliar with the concept of housekeeping.  If they didn't have so many arguments over food ownership, they'd probably be eating out of a trough by now.

I like her painting, "The Gate"

"Honey Kisses" is nice, too.   The bidding on "The Gate" has topped five grand now, so either someone really likes it or someone's going to be surprised by Ebay's terms regarding bidding.

Well, there's a new "spin off" group of the Cage Rattlers--they call themselves the "Repos" and the group consists of Rob, Taylor, Hex, Kristen and Dedeker.  They are pissed that Bella spent so much on her own food, so they've taken it upon themselves to repossess her apples and chocolate that came in the delivery last night.  They went through Bella's things while she was asleep outside and found her chocolate but I don't know if anyone actually took it since it was dark and I couldn't see much.  Bella had about 8 apples on a table, and it looked like Dedeker picked one apple up and took a bite out of it, then put the apple back.  Have I mentioned this group has officially reached an all-time low on the down-and-dirty-roommates chart?  BTW, Chris was invited to help them "repo" but he declined the invitation although he did say he would help them eat her chocolate.

And of course they won't see any of that as wrong, the way they think it's wrong that people posted comments about Kristen.   Because it's not wrong to do bad things - it's only wrong to make them feel bad when they do.   I hope these people stay in Utopia forever, because it spares the rest of the world from having to interact with them.  At this point, the best possible thing that could happen is that Production leaves most of them there after the cameras eventually go off and rescues only Nikki, Josh, Ernesto, Bella, the cows and the chickens.  

• Love 5

Anyone remember Kim, the woman who visited Utopia for a yoga session with Nikki, was told she was banned because she whispered to Amanda to not trust Aaron or Kristen when giving Amanda a hug goodbye?  Then she said a reporter contacted her for an interview.  I don't know if the interview ever was published.  Anyway, Kim contacted Production to ask if they gave out her contact information, and they told her that they didn't ban her, she was welcome to return at any time. 

Kim also said that she saw her email being deleted by Aaron when she tried to set up another yoga class with Nikki.  I can't remember when this all happened, but Kim was finally able to connect with Nikki and make another visit to Utopia.  When she arrived she was met with several of the Utopians and hugged them, until Mike approached her for a hug and she said something to the effect of "I don't think so." and just walked past him and continued with her visit.  (She was pretty upset because she saw footage of Mike making fun of her after her last visit, and she didn't like Mike even before that.)

Mike pretended he thought Kim's reaction to him was funny, but it was obvious that he was upset by it.  He couldn't stop talking about it, sometimes acting like it was funny, but a lot of the time being upset about it.  In true Mike fashion, this was one of the MANY things that he said led him to break up with Dede.  (This is the guy who still pretends he's going to run for DA sometime, and had no problem kissing on a visitor for one of the Utopian Experiences, but when Dede seemed interested in the Bee Guy he freaked out and cut ties with Dede.  At one point he actually admitted that it was OK for him to sleep around, but he expected Dede to stay faithful to him in Utopia.  What a prize.) 

Mike has been acting out more and more, and probably will not be getting any votes for DA thanks to his exposure on Utopia.  He's so stupid about this stuff, he's still trying to figure out why the girlfriend he left behind hasn't written him any letters.

Moving on...Kim reported last night around midnight that she tried to arrange another visit to Utopia and was told "...they could no longer accommodate me at Utopia."  She thinks it's because of Mike's reaction to her refusing to hug him.

This stuff is all so junior high.

• Love 9

Kristen already realized (and pitied herself) that the high bids on her and Aaron are probably fake.

I meant that I think Kristen and Aaron bid on themselves so that it would appear that they are more popular than they are ..... what is the policy regarding bidding anyway?  Are you bound to your bid?

Well, there's a new "spin off" group of the Cage Rattlers--they call themselves the "Repos" and the group consists of Rob, Taylor, Hex, Kristen and Dedeker.  They are pissed that Bella spent so much on her own food, so they've taken it upon themselves to repossess her apples and chocolate that came in the delivery last night.  They went through Bella's things while she was asleep outside and found her chocolate but I don't know if anyone actually took it since it was dark and I couldn't see much.  Bella had about 8 apples on a table, and it looked like Dedeker picked one apple up and took a bite out of it, then put the apple back.  Have I mentioned this group has officially reached an all-time low on the down-and-dirty-roommates chart?  BTW, Chris was invited to help them "repo" but he declined the invitation although he did say he would help them eat her chocolate.  

ETA:  Thanks EverCat--I found "The Gate" but I couldn't find the other 2 paintings.  Can you believe they are charging $20 to mail a piece of painted paper to the buyers?  

Gosh, are there any decent people in there?  Josh, Nikki, and Amanda seem the closet thing that Utopia has to "decent" individuals.

I'm on the fence with Chris ..... he's done some pretty awful things, then he goes and does something sweet with the animals or refuses to bully Bella and I think "well, there might be a decent human being in there" 

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 3

I'm on the fence with Chris ...

It's such a teeter-totter watching the Topes.  One minute they can be vile, but occassionally they do something that seems unscripted and not for the benefit of the camera which makes them seem redeemable.  Except Mike.  He always seems aware of the camera, is usually awful and when he is not, it seems that it is intentionally done to manipulate either the other Topes or the feedsters.  And Aaron cause I don't believe anything he has done here that would fall close to the "not awful" category was done in a genuine manner.  I do believe his behavior that falls under "awful" is genuine.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 4

It's such a teeter-tooter watching the Topes.  One minute they can be vile, but occassionally they do something that seems unscripted and not for the benefit of the camera which makes them seem redeemable.  Except Mike.  He always seems aware of the camera, is usually awful and when he is not, it seems that it is intentionally done to manipulate either the other Topes or the feedsters.  And Aaron cause I don't believe anything he has done here that would fall close to the "not awful" category was done in a genuine manner.  I do believe his behavior that falls under "awful" is genuine.

Yeah, I tend to agree about Mike's behavior. Mike is a complete embarrassment to my profession. If he ever does decide to try to stay in CA and run for DA somewhere in this state, I would be tempted to try to run against him (even though I have absolutely zero political aspirations and am very happy where I am and with the type of law I practice) just to rain on his parade and try to knock him out early on. Anyone running against him anywhere could use clips showing his shenanigans in Utopia and the fact that he pretty much has no desire to separate right from wrong and actually encourages, facilitates and participates in, what would pretty much be considered in the outside world as, criminal behavior.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5

Moving on...Kim reported last night around midnight that she tried to arrange another visit to Utopia and was told "...they could no longer accommodate me at Utopia."  She thinks it's because of Mike's reaction to her refusing to hug him.

that sounds right.   I doubt production wants their Utes aggravated or disrupted by a random visitor.  

also, probably don't want visitors with an agenda.

(farmer lefty and beekeeper are not random visitors.)

• Love 1

Just watched the clip. No one is the right on that clip and it simply goes to show what problems the format of the show brings to the group and how it undermines the entire premise of the show.

Bella is harping on the fact that she has to have organic food to be healthy. The reality is that she does not have to have organic food to be healthy. She might need more fruit and veg and no gluten but that has nothing to do with organic. Study after study has shown that there are some select foods that are really bad in terms of pesticide retention but that most foods are fine in the non-organic form. Organic does not mean more nutrients and it is not inherently better for you. Nikki has told Bella this and has flat out told Bella that no reputable doctor would tell her she has to eat only organic food. Yet Bella persists with the organic thing and if she doesn't eat organic she will end up in the hospital/ It is BS and everyone knows that.

The group still gave her $70 to buy organic food and she spent $120. She keeps trying to say that "we" need more organic food and Rob and Hex insist that she use "I" instead of we. I am fine with that because she is the person really pushing this and no one else is buying it.

Bella insists that she needs more organic food when she spent part of the money the group gave her (and then over spent) on chocolate and food that really is not essential.

Rob is hasty and says no but really hasn't been that bad about it. Bella is talking BS, the group knows it, and Bella over spent already. So I can get Rob's attitude.

Bella mentions bargaining and using money from her paintings to buy her food. The group got rid of the 80/20 scheme so that the group would remain equal in their spending. The idea was that labors were suppose to support the group and not the individual. Yet Bella is suggesting a change to that so she can buy food that she really doesn't need, that is more expensive, and that includes non-staples.

Then to make matters worse, she asks others how much they have made for the group. Now, her point is valid but not really. Rob doesn't have a business that brings in money but he has helped with the plumbing, electric, workshop and other group projects. Bella did nothing with those ventures but benefits from them. So Rob should benefit from the sale of her paintings in the same way that she benefits from the plumbing. Rob is a lazy tool, as are most of them, but that includes Bella. She wants to paint, meditate, and garden in a weird way. She is not exactly out there busting her ass all day.

So the others flip out and I think they had the right to. They have gone along with her insane behavior for almost 2 months now. It has not been easy for Bella and her treatment has not been deserved but to ask people who are trying to accommodate you what money they have brought in is insulting.

Seriously, the entire premise is bullshit and they put in nut jobs so this was inevitable but damn.

• Love 10

I don't agree with the "Cool Kids Club" bullying by any means. But having said that, I could not put up living with Bella. Josh has been trying on numerous occasions over the past couple of days to warn Bella to lay low with her food complaints and arguing so that the group can focus on Aaron and voting him out. But she just cannot keep her mouth shut. Matter of fact, Josh and Ernesto called it a couple of days ago when they said to her if you get voted out it will be because of your mouth. She just can't take little wins when she gets them from the group. Breaking away from the communal cooking has been such a sore topic with this group she should have been happy with the compromise of $50-75. Which also I have a hard time following what the initial allowed amount was versus what Bella wants because every time she brings it up she keeps slightly increasing the weekly dollar amount. Also $120 per week for 1 person to eat is absolutely ridiculous! Even if it is all organic. You should be able to get by with a few pantry staples that would make the initial purchase fairly high but your continued costs shouldn't be as high each week as you're only replacing perishable items. This would frustrate me beyond belief and could quite honestly push me to the edge that Rob and Hex are at. I don't think I would have the patience for Bella and more power to people like Josh and Cal who honestly try with her because as much advice as they give her she turns around and does the exact opposite and then can't seem to understand why everyone is so mean to her. I don't agree with some of the things these people say they will do to her but I'm also a firm believer that a grown adult cannot be bullied. She's choosing to be abrasive with the group and then claims she is being victimized. There is a reason Bella lives alone with her cats and hasn't had a relationship in 6 years, she is in a very fragile state of mind and being in Utopia is only making it worse. If the producers leave it in the hands of the Utopians this month, I believe she will be voted out unanimously.

Edited by Mediocrates
  • Love 7

Seriously, the entire premise is bullshit and they put in nut jobs so this was inevitable but damn.

My thoughts exactly. A lot of us have called out how very different this show is from how it was advertised, though given that they've brought in at least 4 new people (Taylor, Ernesto, Kristen, Cal - I feel like I may be missing someone?) that weren't  in the original "start-up" group, Production has had a chance to shift the direction the show has been headed in (which currently is straight down the toilet). Ernesto is the only one that was brought in that seems to be a decent person.

Production has opted not to bring in people who could possibly shift things to be more in line with what the majority of us were expecting before any episodes had aired or to do a kind of "purge" as has been suggested by others here and offer retention of their stipend or some other kind of incentive for some to leave and then keep those who really wanted to stay and to do something along the lines of what was supposed to be the original premise of the show.

If TPTB really wanted something different than what we've been given, they've had several opportunities to change the dynamic. I can't help but feel that we were all mislead and that they really intended to have a kind of "out door Big Brother" all along. If this wasn't their intent, they could have shifted things. They still could change things if they wanted to, but they seem happy with the bunch of psychotic narcissists that they currently have, saving a few that appear to be at least mostly decent (Josh, Amanda, Nikki, Ernesto...).

• Love 4

She is not fragile, she is willing to fight for everything that she wants and she seems to get what she wants. She wanted a water filter, she got her water filter. She wants organic food, she gets organic food. She wants to milk without Amanda, she gets up early to milk without Amanda. She wants to paint, she gets to paint.

She is living by herself and has not had a relationship because she has to 100% in control and will not listen when people talk to her in any manner. Ernesto, Cal, and Josh have been trying to tell her to shut up. The have done so politely and consistently. They have framed it in terms of how her being quite for a bit longer will help her and her desire to eat organic. But she can't stop pushing for what she wants. She is worse then my 2 year old. She wants, wants, wants, wants and bitches when she gets what she wants. Then she blames others. She is a intolerable.

She should not be bullied or mistreated but this group cannot do what it sounds like the rest of society has done which is to walk away and let her live in her fantasy world. At home he can grow her keyhole gardens because they produce enough food for her. She can drink her non-fluoridated water. She can eat all organic. She can do whatever she wants and no one is obligated to be with her, near her, or support her. Not so in Utopia. And when the group gives her an inch she takes a mile and asks for 25 more.

• Love 9

Taylor says he wants to get Josh alone, cover his mic and threaten him.

Seriously, did they try and hire the biggest doucebags they could find?

How is this acceptable?

And what's with all the Josh hate lately (not just from Taylor, but from nearly everyone)?

• Love 2

This was precisely my point. She had viewers feeling bad for her and was really in the perfect situation to sit back and continue to get what she wants and just can't let it go. By fragile, I'm referring to her mind. She is not on the same wave length as the rest of us and she should not be in this environment. I just know I wouldn't have the patience to deal with her and how manipulative she is being right now.

• Love 5

Bella really is her own worst enemy.   Her views are so intransigent, and she doesn't allow anyone to even think she could be wrong.  Disclaimer - we shop almost entirely organic in my family. So if anyone was going to be on Bella's side in that argument, it would be me.  But I can't be, because there are two points she refuses to consider:  1) the others have just as much right to their thoughts about whether or not organic is better, and they shouldn't be involuntarily dragged into her purchase plan via the royal "we"; and 2) they simply don't have the money to accommodate her.  She would do herself such a favor by yielding even a little bit - ask them if they'd consider going organic for just certain products, for instance.  Odds are, at least some of them would support her in that, if only to shut her up.  But she tries to force her choices (and they are choices as a rule, not requirements) on everyone else, and she's just wrong in that.   And if her health really is fragile enough that she needs only organic foods, then she should either opt out of Utopia or work out something with Production (because at this point, why not?)

she is in a very fragile state of mind and being in utopia is only making it worse

Something about her concerns me, because I think she really might have something going on that could possibly be helped with medication or therapy.  It bothers me that Production cleared her to be part of their little social experiment.  

Rob doesn't have a business that brings in money but he has helped with the plumbing, electric, workshop and other group projects. Bella did nothing with those ventures but benefits from them. So Rob should benefit from the sale of her paintings in the same way that she benefits from the plumbing.

Exactly. That's part of what was wrong with Kristen's "government", too.  Either they work as a united group with equal shares in the profits, or they get paid dependent upon what they do/make/contribute, but in that case the infrastructure work needs to be acknowledged for the value it actually has.  I can't stand Rob, and I think he was out of line in getting up and switching off the power to the computer or whatever it is that he actually did, but he had a point on the principle.

Taylor says he wants to get Josh alone, cover his mic and threaten him.

And this doesn't even surprise me any more.   Does Taylor even have a reason for hating Josh?

• Love 10

I'm fascinated to see what happens if they do go through with kicking Bella out.

What happens with all the painting that she's done that haven't sold yet?  Will someone steal them before Bella is able to pack them up and take them with her?  Will she absentmindedly leave them behind on her way out the door because she is so distraught over the vote against her?   Will she approach the wall to take them down and be stopped by someone.

One of them is allegedly selling on Ebay for thousands of dollars.   Its a pretty well done painting of the front gate, but I'm not sure the bid is legitimate.  But who knows.

I'm going to give even odds that there is a fight over any existing artwork if they boot Bella.  If I was her, and I got booted with thousands of dollars in paintings up for bid, and they tried to keep  them, (and I were as loopy as Bella) I'd call 911.

Also, seeing how these people behave, I'll give 3 to 1 odds that someone vandalizes one or more of Bella's paintings within the next week.

And this doesn't even surprise me any more.   Does Taylor even have a reason for hating Josh?

Josh told Taylor to quiet down when he was being boisterously drunk.

So now Taylor (in typical Utopian child-like fashion) is obsessed with teaching him what's what.

• Love 3

I really want to know what is happening with these auctions. Kristen did say that one of Bella's paintings sold for $500 and the money was in their account so some of those are legit bids. I cannot believe that the bids for the dates are real but I guess we will find out.

I just checked the web site and the high date bids have been taken down. Aaron and Kristen are at 0 and Bella is at $50 so I think thye figured out the bids were BS

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 1

I really want to know what is happening with these auctions. Kristen did say that one of Bella's paintings sold for $500 and the money was in their account so some of those are legit bids. I cannot believe that the bids for the dates are real but I guess we will find out.

I just checked the web site and the high date bids have been taken down. Aaron and Kristen are at 0 and Bella is at $50 so I think thye figured out the bids were BS

The bids for the dates that I last saw up there were somewhere between $50 - 200.  I believe those are really.

I think they took down the ridiculous ones that couldn't have possibly been real.   They should make you give payment information in order to bid.  That would weed out some of the pranksters.

• Love 1

For some reason, there seems to have been a good amount of Josh hate within the group, even after his first night drunken faux pas (which he apologized for and accepted the 'probation' that they instilled upon him without any objection) which the parties involved, as well as the rest of the group, have stated that they have forgiven him for. There have been far greater offenses committed by other Udopians, none of which have been called to account.   A lot of the Dopes have been discussing when they should get rid of him and it sounds like he would be much closer to the top of the list except for the fact that they still need him to build things.

I would be curious to see what would happen if they changed the rules yet again (they seem to be pretty fluid as to what the "rules" are and TPTB do whatever seems to suit them at the time) so that when someone was voted out, anything that they contributed would go with them. I would love to see them struggle to get electricity and plumbing back in place if Josh weren't around.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

There is a note that you had to be a member before August 2014 and have made 15 purchases to be able to bid.

That's on th eBay auctions, the dates are bid through the Utopia Pioneers website.

(and just because you had an account before August 2014 and have made 15 successful purchases, doesn't mean you won't try to f with them).

• Love 1

There is a note that you had to be a member before August 2014 and have made 15 purchases to be able to bid.

I've been a member since 1999 and have over 15 transactions.     I want "The Gate" !

----------------------------

someone found a large bone, and it fascinates the Utes.  especially the fact that it still has hair on it.

most likely a cow bone, but they prefer to think of it as being from a bear.

it passed the smell test.        don't waste it - it's a soup bone!

6bRBdIt.png

oh, yeah.   some minor twerking took place

iwlYRFp.png

• Love 2

For some reason, there seems to have been a good amount of Josh hate within the group, even after his first night drunken faux pas (which he apologized for and accepted the 'probation' that they instilled upon him without any objection) which the parties involved, as well as the rest of the group, have stated that they have forgiven him for. There have been far greater offenses committed by other Udopians, none of which have been called to account.   A lot of the Dopes have been discussing when they should get rid of him and it sounds like he would be much closer to the top of the list except for the fact that they still need him to build things.

I would be curious to see what would happen if they changed the rules yet again (they seem to be pretty fluid as to what the "rules" are and TPTB do whatever seems to suit them at the time) so that when someone was voted out, anything that they contributed would go with them. I would love to see them struggle to get electricity and plumbing back in place if Josh weren't around.

I'd like to see someone stratigically sabotage the electric in the dead of the night, before a vote, and hold the camp hostage at the vote.

That would make for some entertaining debate.

I mean, if you're going to herd a gaggle of societies worst examples, they might as well go full supervillian and just start plotting to overthrow the whole place.

What would happen if Josh just went Dr. Evil on the camp and sabotaged the eletricity and/or the gas lines until they agreed that he was the Utopia Czar?  

Do we know whether the Utopians can kick someone out even if its not time for a production vote?

What if someone destroys all the food (a la Survivor)?   What happens if someone sits on the kitchen counter and plays the cymbals all night?   What happens if instead of constructing stuff with Josh, someone just starts de-structing stuff around the compound?    Taking down the barn, killing the chickens for food, taking apart the fences keeping in the cows, peeing in people's beds....

Let's go Utopians.  You're horrible already, step it up a notch and give us some entertainment.   I guarantee you'll be remembered if you start a reign of terror.

• Love 6

There is a reason Bella lives alone with her cats and hasn't had a relationship in 6 years, she is in a very fragile state of mind and being in Utopia is only making it worse.

Hey, watch it! I resemble that remark! Well, with the exception of being fragile and having overly dramatic, occasional rage-aholic tendencies. 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 5

Even agreeing with your characterization of Bella, should the response to her be so beligerent, screaming violent?

Rob is now Red 2.0 -- when he doesn't get his way he throws a tantrum and throws things and smashes things.  All the reasons that he used to target Red for eviction (even though we all know that Red's eviction was preplanned and the vote was just going through the motions to make it look legit).

I'm curious about the brouhaha over Bella's chocolate bar because you don't hear Bella bitching about them buying cigarettes, booze and sour patch kids from the community money (none of which she uses).  Someone should tell Hex that cigarettes, candy and wine are also not part of the food pyramid.

What was the point of Rob shutting off all the electricity after the breakfast blowout ?  Was it his electricity ? Did he pay for it with his money and he could do what he wanted with it ?

• Love 5

Rob and Hex would probably think I'm cruel, but I hope Aaron and Kristen never get any bids at all.  

I took a look at the date webpage, and how some of the topes described themselves is hilarious.

Taylor lists his body type as Malibu Ken.  (I'm guessing he's never seen a Ken doll.)

Hex lists her ideal date as "Eat a cheeseburger and take a dirt nap."  (Where I come from, taking a dirt nap means being murdered, but that doesn't sound like much of a date, even by Utopia standards.)  She also lists one of her hobbies as "Making Bread Sandwiches."  Which is kind of awesome, because it's not everyone for whom "Do what you love and the money will follow" is as simple as working at Subway.

Amanda lists her ideal date as "Have lunch in the Goddess Circle."  (Hex's ideal date is starting to sound better now.)

Nikki lists one of her hobbies as "Sitting Still."  (Does she have brothers named Rod and Todd?)

I'd like to see someone stratigically sabotage the electric in the dead of the night

I would like this to happen on Halloween.  And I would like someone unaffiliated with Utopia to sneak in while wearing a mask and scare the hell out of them all.

• Love 6

Other than his first night here, Josh is awesome and a threat to the CKC. And he could take Aaron on and Aaron doesn't like someone who isn't afraid of him.

Rob was making a point that he helped get the electricity going, since Bella brought up how much other people are bringing in.

• Love 2

What happens with all the painting that she's done that haven't sold yet? Will someone steal them before Bella is able to pack them up and take them with her? Will she absentmindedly leave them behind on her way out the door because she is so distraught over the vote against her? Will she approach the wall to take them down and be stopped by someone.

Unfortunately, I think part of their contract is that they formed an LLC so technically speaking any works Bella creates while being a part of Utopia they all have a right to. At least that's my understanding of what little I've heard discussed of their contracts that isn't muted on the feeds.

• Love 3

If Josh went full Snidely Whiplash I would love it! I can picture him twirling a mustache and making demands. Of course aside from sabotaging the electricity and plumbing he'd have to kidnap one of the women and tie her to some train tracks. 

• Love 3

1.  I'm still laughing about ElleryAnne's discussion of the dating bios.  Hex's chances for a "dirt nap" are WAY better with Aaron, Cal or Bri than any random stranger.

What if someone destroys all the food (a la Survivor)?   What happens if someone sits on the kitchen counter and plays the cymbals all night?   What happens if instead of constructing stuff with Josh, someone just starts de-structing stuff around the compound?    Taking down the barn, killing the chickens for food, taking apart the fences keeping in the cows, peeing in people's beds....

This whole concept tickled me.  Except, six weeks ago, this question would have been: "What would happen if someone abused the animals or blew snot rockets in the stew or plotted to drive someone to the edge of psychotic break or never took a shower or refused to consider safe sex or pocketed the admission fees or withheld subsistence portions of food or tried to scam some formalwear from Amazon. . ."  Well, okay, no one could've ever seen that last one coming, but I'm willing to bet money there's already been more than one bed peed on, so call it even.

3.  That bone is the top of a femur from a (really large!) deer unless there are wild cows running around out there.  My dogs haul home treasures like that after poachers have been hunting on my land.  Grrrrrr.  If there are still scraps of hide attached, I'm amazed Hex can stand the smell so close to her face. . .oh, wait, I forgot about Cal.  Never mind.

Edited by candall
  • Love 6

Kristen is not only incompetent (since she isn't even capable of doing the job she is supposed to be good at -- you know, internet marketing) but she's just plain evil -- she relayed to Chris that she knows about the large bids for Bella's art, and then shared that info with Rob as they started making plans to vote out Bella and steal all the money from her paintings.  To make matters worse, Kristen set such stringent conditions on bidders (have to have had an account since August 2014 -- AND -- have at least 15 valid transactions) in order to keep bid amounts on Bell's art low, and in the process she's intentionally eliminating people with verified accounts who only signed up on eBay to buy Bella's art.  I wouldn't be surprised if Rob tries to destroy the art pieces after the eBay auctions close just so Bella can't sell them, because he's an evil fucktard as well.

Then they made a big deal at dinner how Hex sold a couple of hundred dollars of jewelry today, all the while Bella has a couple of thousand dollars bid on her paintings (total bids across her 6 paintings are over $2000, even with Kristen's new conditions).

Hate Kristen. Hate Rob. Hate ShadyChef. Hate Taylor. And Hex is quickly losing my support, since when push comes to shove she reverts to full-on bitchy stripper wrangler mode (whatever a PR person for a Detroit strip club actually does).

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 12

To make matters worse, Kristen set such stringent conditions on bidders (have to have had an account since August 2014 -- AND -- have at least 15 valid transactions) in order to keep bid amounts on Bell's art low, and in the process she's intentionally eliminating people with verified accounts who only signed up on eBay to buy Bella's art.

Not for nothing, but weeding out bidders by their account date and the number of successful transactions they've had is a method of weeding out people who are only created accounts to log fake bids and mess with the Seller.

Out of all the despicable things these people do, I'm not sure they can be faulted for that technique.

• Love 4

I keep thinking that family members are bidding on this stuff.  It’s their way of sending in money to their loved ones.  Bella's paintings are nice enough, but a bit overworked and slightly dull. Maybe she only has a student level watercolours to work with. Who knows.

Hex's rings are cute, but couldn't possibly sell for more than $10.

If my children were putting up artwork, in order to eat, I sure would be bidding up a storm too.  

• Love 2

Then she said a reporter contacted her for an interview.  I don't know if the interview ever was published.  Anyway, Kim contacted Production to ask if they gave out her contact information, and they told her that they didn't ban her, she was welcome to return at any time.

That seems like classic misdirection. She asked if they gave out her contact information, and they responded that it's OK for her to return to Utopia? That doesn't answer the question!

• Love 2

She also lists one of her hobbies as "Making Bread Sandwiches."  Which is kind of awesome, because it's not everyone for whom "Do what you love and the money will follow" is as simple as working at Subway.

To be fair, Subway's sandwiches do have fillings other than bread.

• Love 1

Kristen is not only incompetent (since she isn't even capable of doing the job she is supposed to be good at -- you know, internet marketing)

I though her job was thieving?

To make matters worse, Kristen set such stringent conditions on bidders (have to have had an account since August 2014 -- AND -- have at least 15 valid transactions)

I hate to defend Kristen, but that's not particularly stringent. I wouldn't put much trust in an eBay bidder with such a minimal history, and I'm not even somebody who would attract any attention. That's a pretty basic precaution, given how many people want to grief them.

I'm still amazed that production just allows them access to eBay accounts at all.

• Love 1

Obviously she put more effort into some than others. The hummingbird one looked like she hammered it out in 20 minutes. Can't believe "The Gate" has a $550 bid on it already.

Looking at the amounts bid for each painting thus far, people agree with you. Hummingbird @ $83!

wirebitersm - I agree.  The 'joshhate' is because Josh makes them look so bad in comparison.

Edited by EverCat
  • Love 2

I keep thinking that family members are bidding on this stuff.  It’s their way of sending in money to their loved ones.  Bella's paintings are nice enough, but a bit overworked and slightly dull. Maybe she only has a student level watercolours to work with. Who knows.

Hex's rings are cute, but couldn't possibly sell for more than $10.

If my children were putting up artwork, in order to eat, I sure would be bidding up a storm too.  

Agreed, it has to be family buying this stuff because it is not very good.

• Love 1

Not being an artist myself, I really liked what I saw of Bella's work. I wish I could do what she can. I think (to the untrained eye) that she has some talent. If she were to pump out more small pieces, then perhaps more people could buy at a lower price. However, why should she? Having less available drives the price up of the few that are available because there are so few to bid on. Who knows if there will be ANY more? I would bid, but they are already above what I feel that they should be, and that is just from a person who has no ability to judge art on any level, but I do like what she has done. If other people are seeing more talent, then that may be driving their bids as well.  It pains me that Bella actually "earns" and because of her other personality / behavioral issues it negates all of the positives. I agree that she often brings it upon herself and she JUST CANNOT STOP herself. I definitely think some type of behavioral / mental health issues there at the worst. At the best, a really, really, annoying person to deal with. In terms of Utopia, if those factors could be better mediated, she would be someone to keep because she has the potential to make consistent money. But, (very big one-as many have noted), Bella has learned that she will get her way if she just keeps pushing it (like Rob & Red). The over the top behavior and tantrums get rewarded and it self-reinforces and probably makes her believe that she was "right all along" because other people have finally given up and given in. Classical conditioning all the way. 

• Love 3

production folks have tweeted that today (Wednesday) there will be big changes.

Not being an artist myself, I really liked what I saw of Bella's work. I wish I could do what she can. I think (to the untrained eye) that she has some talent.

I like "The Gate" because it sets the scene for the show, but also because it could be a thought-provoking painting all by itself (even if the show did not exist).

if you did not know about the show, you might look at the painting and assume you are outside of utopia, there is a wall around utopia, the gate to get in is heavy/sturdy/strong, and that important gate is closed.

• Love 4

After watching these Utopes for awhile, I am starting to think Bella is one of the more balanced (mentally) ones there.  (Ok, besides Amanda, etc.)

Everyone here has probably seen the feed where Bella is explaining her food request:  

Rob is such a vindictive troll. (and I don't know what is going on with Hex - she must be missing Red's 'tobaccy')  I can't with these people.

clod - They really need to do something.

rhNancy - I don't know anything about art, but considering Bella did not have much in the way of artists' supplies, she did pretty well.  I like the gate one the best too and am thinking it would be the one with the most resell value (who knows?) 

Edited by EverCat
  • Love 3

Art is a matter of taste but I find Bella's piece boring and pretty amateurish. (shrugs)

EverCat: Bella is a passive aggressive tyrant. She has to have things her way (water filter, organic food, more money for organic food, milking, it is a long list). I honestly think that my 2 year old has better life coping skills then Bella. He at least seems to understand when Is say no and move on to other things 90% of the time. Bella does not understand no and when given an inch takes 20 miles. She is in your face until she gets her way and her way is not a compromise, ie you can spend $70 on organic so she spent $125. She bitches and bitches using made up bulllshit that only she believes to justify her position, her liver was swollen because she wasn't eating organic food and the doctor at the hospital said she had to eat organic food otherwise she would get ill and don't you know she lost 15 pounds in a week so clearly she is starving to death.

Rob's response is in no way shape or form mature but his voice was low and reasonable up until Bella asked Rob how much money he had made for Utopia. That is when he exploded. He did interrupt a lot to clarify Bella's position. So "We" = "Bella" and not everyone and you over spent and you still need more after over spending and you are not dying because you don't have enough organic food. While rude, nothing he said was inaccurate and was pointing out how Bella tries to structure a conversation in her favor and not really want to discuss anything in a constructive fashion.

Bella is not stable or mature. She is a 2 year old in an adult body who wants her way all the time and will throw tantrums until she gets what she wants.

• Love 4

Yesterday afternoon Amanda called a meeting about business. She was clearly passing on production's latest instructions. Among those were that no one is allowed to have an outside domain any longer, for a blog or whatever. Clearly this is in response to what happened with Kristen's blog. Everything has to go through the Utopia Pioneers site, except Bella's paintings on eBay. Or maybe just paintings in general, because I heard that Chris wanted to get his paintings up on eBay too.

There was also some stuff about responding to emails that Bella brought up, but Amanda told her that email was a separate issue which would be discussed later. That didn't prevent Bella from continuing to harp on it and a certain amount of yelling going down between her and Hex.

After the meeting, she went out to antagonize, I mean talk to, Kristen and Aaron. This predictably ended with Aaron yelling at her and Bella complaining she was being victimized. Although I am the last person to defend Aaron, when Bella originally walked up he said that he and Kristen were having a private conversation and could she please wait until after that. Bella did the passive-aggressive, "Oh sure, I understand, I just wanted to say ..." and there you go down the rabbit hole.

• Love 3