Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 5/22/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 22 — Day of Hot Topics 

Tuesday, May 23 — Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Michaela Watkins (“You Hurt My Feelings”) 

Wednesday, May 24 — Day of Hot Topics 

Thursday, May 25 —The Political View with Gov. Chris Sununu (R-NH); Sara Bareilles (judge, “Breakthrough”) 

Friday, May 26 (OAD: 4/4/23) — Michelle Williams (“Showing Up”); Leslie Odom Jr. and Nicolette Robinson (authors, “I Love You More Than You’ll Ever Know”) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Not really surprised to see Sununu show up on here eventually, what with Alyssa name-dropping him almost daily.

Looking forward to Sara Bareilles. Her last appearance on The View was a fun interview.

really? not something i recall

sara is lovely, so i look forward to seeing her again

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Whoopi, you throw your hat in the ring not the rink, oh and Trump was voted out.  Take another toke.  

TOPIC ONE:  RACE - Senator Tim Scott doesn't think like Whoopi and Sunny so his opinions and experiences as a black man are invalid.  Somewhat ironic coming from a series which was created in order for people to share their individual views.

TOPIC TWO:  RACE - Brittney Griner now stands for the flag.  Time in a Russian klink  will do that to you.

TOPIC THREE:  LGBT - Should artists boycott states pasing anti-LBTQ laws?  Varied opinions.  Sunny comes through.  Ana mentions (for the 10,000th time) she lives in Florida.  You don't say.  

TOPIC FOUR:  CHEATERS AND OTHER LOVERS - LAPDANCE from Hell. 

TOPIC FIVE:  Sunny inducted into the Bronx Walk of Fame.  Manny held an umbrella over Sunny's head.  I wondered how he was also able to hold her purse.

TOPIC SIX:  COVENANT HOUSE.  Charity which no longer has a pervy priest in charge so please give.

TOPIC SEVEN:  GARLIC BREAD.  We are now circling the drain,  Yes, the writers are on strike.  (Give them whatever they want.)

VIEW YOUR DEAL:  Never so relieved to see a VYD segment in my life.

Happy Monday.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

OMG. If you haven’t watched today yet, think twice. Whoopi gives Sunny a lap dance.

There isn’t enough bleach in the world to remove that image. 

I think Whoopi was showing off because her daughter, Alex, was front row ... lol ... maybe???

• Like 1

The artists boycott topic - Interesting that Whoopi said that a fan shouldn't expect an artist to protest the way the fan would want (which is true) but didn't go as far as saying that not everyone even has the same opinions and priorities in the first place. I don't know what Taylor Swift's position is on LGBTQ topics, but even if she is 100% aligned with the fan, she has the right to decide what and how much she wants to do to express that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ellis Bell said:

TOPIC ONE:  RACE - Senator Tim Scott doesn't think like Whoopi and Sunny so his opinions and experiences as a black man are invalid.  Somewhat ironic coming from a series which was created in order for people to share their individual views.

TOPIC TWO:  RACE - Brittney Griner now stands for the flag.  Time in a Russian klink  will do that to you.

I agree with Whoopi That commercial Tim Scott commercial was one big ole dog whistle.    The "can I get an amen" at the end literally made me cringe.  That being said, I didn't have the take away that either Sunny/Whoopi believed his experiences as a black man were invalid.  But there is some critique to be made that his experience is different from many other black men in America.  Sunny in particular rarely has anything nice to say about any Republican, so not terribly surprised she's not a fan of Tim Scott  

The Whoopi lap dance, as silly as the whole discussion was, made me laugh.   

• Like 4
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

I agree with Whoopi That commercial Tim Scott commercial was one big ole dog whistle.    The "can I get an amen" at the end literally made me cringe.  That being said, I didn't have the take away that either Sunny/Whoopi believed his experiences as a black man were invalid.  But there is some critique to be made that his experience is different from many other black men in America.  Sunny in particular rarely has anything nice to say about any Republican, so not terribly surprised she's not a fan of Tim Scott  

The Whoopi lap dance, as silly as the whole discussion was, made me laugh.   

RE:  Senator Scott - This is from Wikipedia:  "

Early life

Scott was born in North Charleston, South Carolina, the son of Frances—a nursing assistant—and Ben Scott Sr. His parents divorced when he was seven years old, and he grew up in working-class poverty with his mother, who worked 16-hour days to support the family.  His older brother is a sergeant major in the U.S. Army.

Scott graduated from R.B. Stall High School. He attended Presbyterian College from 1983 to 1984 on a partial football scholarship; he graduated from Charleston Southern University in 1988 with a Bachelor of Science degree in political science.  Scott is an alumnus of South Carolina's Palmetto Boys State program, an experience he cites as influential in his decision to enter public service.

After graduating from college, Scott worked as an insurance agent and financial adviser. He owns an insurance agency, Tim Scott Allstate."

This is what bugs me about Sunny.  She said yesterday (?) or earlier today that she and Tim Scott are the exception because they are minority success stories, yet she and Tim both came from less than adventageous backgrounds.  Sunny, the product of two teenage minorites from the Bronx (Walk of fame, lol) and Tim who came from a working class family whose parents had separated when he was very young.  

Whoopi and Sunny can call the word "victim" a dog whistle (they really should get their hearing checked) but it's pretty clear what he meant and Sunny co-signs his stance every time she chooses to highlight the supposed victims in the black community.  She only ever portrays black and brown people as victims.

Have a good evening.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Ellis Bell said:

Whoopi and Sunny can call the word "victim" a dog whistle (they really should get their hearing checked) but it's pretty clear what he meant and Sunny co-signs his stance every time she chooses to highlight the supposed victims in the black community.  She only ever portrays black and brown people as victims.

Have a good evening.

Thanks for his wikipedia history, but I think you made different assumptions from my statement than what was intended.   I'm familiar with Sen. Scott's background.  By different experience...I'm not referencing socio-economic status.   Whoopi, Sunny, and most Black people have lived entire lives and experienced enough racism to have developed superior listening skills and know a dog whistle when it sounds.   It was more than just the word victim.   But this is all too nuanced a discussion for this board and definitely off topic.     

• Like 12
  • Applause 2

22 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Thanks for his wikipedia history, but I think you made different assumptions from my statement than what was intended.   I'm familiar with Sen. Scott's background.  By different experience...I'm not referencing socio-economic status.   Whoopi, Sunny, and most Black people have lived entire lives and experienced enough racism to have developed superior listening skills and know a dog whistle when it sounds.   It was more than just the word victim.   But this is all too nuanced a discussion for this board and definitely off topic.     

I know exactly what Senator Scott was saying and I'm also aware of who his target demo is for the ad.  I agree about the "amen" but he is a politician afterall.

To the bolded part?  I'll let you figure it out.

Well, it's not After7 where I am so I shall wish you a good evening in advance.

• Sad 1

So sick of Whoopi's diatribes...preaching as if she is the be all and end all of everything going on in the world. Her bullshit is akin to making a speech, and in no way simply sharing opinions at the table with other women. That is, if they can get a word in edgewise.

And Whoopi, what makes you think that your side is the "right side"??  Step away from the podium, ok?

• Like 6
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ellis Bell said:

VIEW YOUR DEAL'S BASTARD CHILD:  Blatant ad segment for sponsor CHASE Bank.  How to write a check:  Ages five and

I gave up before this. (Boring show). Is this like a kit for kids?  Does anyone still write checks?  When 5yos grow up will they need to know how to write checks?

2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I gave up before this. (Boring show). Is this like a kit for kids?  Does anyone still write checks?  When 5yos grow up will they need to know how to write checks?

LOL, no I was being facetious.  I wasn't really listening but I believe they were giving tips on how to write a check in order to prevent fraud.  It sounded so rudimentary that's why I added the Five and under notation.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Does anyone still write checks?  

Funny you should ask. I wrote one on Saturday to pay the gardener at our new rental & according to my checkbook the last time I used it was 2018.

• LOL 1

John Fetterman - Everyone ignored Alyssa's point that many important discussions and conversations happen on the Senate floor, and by not conforming to the dress code, Fetterman is not able to participate in these interactions that could be useful for his constituents. Maybe he could suck it up once in a while and dress accordingly.

• Like 15
3 hours ago, Shrek said:

Funny you should ask. I wrote one on Saturday to pay the gardener at our new rental & according to my checkbook the last time I used it was 2018.

if i owe when i file my income tax, i write a check

• Like 1

Guys, please remember to keep your discussions about politics and politicians related to the context it is discussed in on the show. If you disagree, do so in a civil and non-provocative manner. 

If you need to, re-familiarize yourself with our Politics and Be Civil policies.

• Applause 1

TOPIC ONE:  TIM SCOTT REDUX - The View ladies have found their prey and are nipping at his heels.  Joy says Scott doesn't understand the racism black people face.  Thank you for schooling us about your non-lived experience, Joy. 

UGH, more Trump , DeSantis talk. - Florida - I can kill that baby in six weeks or less and I can name that tune in...

TOPIC TWO:  SENATOR FETTERMAN - He wears shorts and hoodies near the Senate floor.  (Is it too early to start drinking in preparation for tomorrpw's show?)  Whoopi says she dresses like a bum so why can't Fetterman?  Critical thinking is not her strong suit, sadly some of the ladies agree with her assertion.  

TOPIC THREE:  JEFF BEZOS - Engagement, ie sign here, sweetie.  Discussion ensues about second, third, fourth marriages.  Sunny's Catholic and love of carats is showing.  Everyone discusses hammering home their neuroses to their future spouses in order to ensure they have full knowledge of the crazy.  (Where's my drink?)

CELEBRITY GUESTS:  Whoopi mispronounced the celeb's name.  Don't ever change.  Julia has a great surgeon.  A tad masky but not bad. Sunny somehow manages to promote her book during the segment.  Whoopi's charm reserve - for celebs only - is released for Julia. 

CELEBRITY GUESTS:  SEGMENT TWO:  Mini segment - Going down memory lane.  Retrospective of the actresses careers.  Clips 'o' plenty.

VIEW YOUR DEAL'S BASTARD CHILD:  Blatant ad segment for sponsor CHASE Bank.  How to write a check:  Ages five and under.

Happy Tuesday.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, KittyQ said:

John Fetterman - Everyone ignored Alyssa's point that many important discussions and conversations happen on the Senate floor, and by not conforming to the dress code, Fetterman is not able to participate in these interactions that could be useful for his constituents. Maybe he could suck it up once in a while and dress accordingly.

Then they showed a picture of Ted Cruz in sweats and Joy was making a joke about Matt Gaetz. Then Whoopi threw to commercial by saying, “We better go to commercial before they call us the K word”. Did I mishear what she said?

10 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Then they showed a picture of Ted Cruz in sweats and Joy was making a joke about Matt Gaetz. Then Whoopi threw to commercial by saying, “We better go to commercial before they call us the K word”. Did I mishear what she said?

You heard right.  I typed in "Bad word beginning with "K"  and something interesting came up but I highly doubt Whoopi was referring to a racial slur.  I think she mistakenly used the wrong letter or she may have meant the "C" word and was covering her tracks.

• Thanks 1
(edited)

I also didn't know there was a bad word (racial slur) beginning with the letter K until I googled it. I guess Whoopie taught me something new.

Edited by js9548
(edited)

Thank you, Sunny, for pushing Alyssa back on the Target controversy. I’ve no doubt this is a manufactured controversy too.  I’m surprised Sara is being so mealy mouthed about it.

Wait, I missed part of the conversation. Did Whoopi say the downfall of culture was America Idol?  Because people were being judged?  In a competition?  And that the show is different now that it’s in ABC?  None of that makes any sense. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 4

DAY OF HOT TOPICS:  (Or so they say.)  Another reminder from Whoopi they are without writers.  I think it's finally sinking in she moderates a talk show and has to occasionally speak without a teleprompter.

TOPIC ONE:  DESANTIS:  Elon and Ronnie sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G.  Commercial teaser for his presidential run.  It's showtime!

Whoopi tells Elon to be articulate so we know what he's talking about.  Oh, Whoopi, pot, kettle.  Soapbox out and she's stepping up.  Don't fall off or are you due for yet another medical leave?

TOPIC TWO:   TARGET TUCKS:  Target's PRIDE month apparel selection has one too many snaps.  Uh oh, the designer is a Satanist.  Can I get an amen?  j/k.  Sunny says the designer is not a Satanist.  Okay, but have your cross ready just in case.  Now she's talking about AA shirts.  Sara's watch starts talking and, not surprisingly, is more interesting than the co-hosts.  Sara defends LGBT rights and is she saying get rid of the T?  Alyssa thinks both sides will boycott Target.  Between a rock and a hard place.  Whoopie's mad as hell and is trying not to say any "K" words.  Final Analysis:  Target blinks first - afraid of cathcing Bud Light - 19.

TOPIC THREE:   NETFLIX:  (May I use your password, please?)  Anna Nicole Smith doc.  Gold digger or just a gal who likes 'em without a registered pulse?  Sunny defends Anna because poor folk stick together.  Whoopi still on the box.

Halfway Mark:  I'm sensing the Hot Topics will begin their inevitable slide into oblivion after the break.  Last Hot Topic may possibly be:  SALAD SPINNERS - Yay or nay?

TOPIC FOUR:  SLY STALLONE'S DAUGHTERS:  Here comes the slide.  Dad writes his daughters' break-up texts.  The daughters have a podcast.  Why is a network show covering a podcast?  Oh, that's right the writers are on strike.  I suppose only the producers are allowed to steal ideas from Reddit.  What poor intern is tasked with finding these obscure topic ideas.  The co-hosts share their dad vs date stories.

TOPIC FIVE:  MARRIAGE BEFORE CHILDREN:  Mommy and Daddy come first.  Hey kids, you're just a by-product of our love now go sit in a corner out of our way.  Whoopi's a little spitfire today.  Did someone secretly replace her normal stash with Folgers?

Happy Wednesday.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Whoopi is a nut. American Idol is the same now as it was on Fox. Three judges, hopeful singers (some good, some bad) and the public judging them. I did love how the stage manager tried to cover her butt now that they're on the same channel. 

The truest and most ignored statement that Whoopi has made went right by everyone - "We don't have all the information!"

Too bad she undercut that by going on a rant about all the stuff that she says people are trying to prevent her from doing. The relationship to the original Target issue is unclear to me. 

Sorry Whoopi, but there were shows that allowed the public to vote on performers well before American Idol. As Joy said, the Gong Show, which held them up to ridicule and seemed kind of cruel is one example, but further back were various "Amateur Hour" talent shows on TV and even radio, where people could vote on who won. 

As for people being "judgy" - well, I think we all (including you, Whoopi, Sunny, et al) are in that soup. It's part of human nature. We don't need to glorify it, though. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

TOPIC TWO:   TARGET TUCKS:  Target's PRIDE month apparel selection has one too many snaps.  Uh oh, the designer is a Satanist.  Can I get an amen?  j/k.  Sunny says the designer is not a Satanist.  Okay, but have your cross ready just in case. 

In regards those who were up in arms at the possibility of him being or having been a Satanist....So what if he is or was one? If people would actually look up what Satanism actually is instead of still being into all of that "Satanic Panic" stuff after all of these years they'd see their actual beliefs. The group of those who went after Target's yearly acknowledgement of Pride Month wouldn't like Satanism's actual beliefs anyway. Most of these companies jump on the "celebrating of Pride Month" for profit and then forget that community exists the other 11 months out of the year. 

• Applause 7
40 minutes ago, Jaded said:

In regards those who were up in arms at the possibility of him being or having been a Satanist....So what if he is or was one? If people would actually look up what Satanism actually is instead of still being into all of that "Satanic Panic" stuff after all of these years they'd see their actual beliefs. The group of those who went after Target's yearly acknowledgement of Pride Month wouldn't like Satanism's actual beliefs anyway. Most of these companies jump on the "celebrating of Pride Month" for profit and thenpentangle forget that community exists the other 11 months out of the year. 

Let me go fetch my anti-Satan emergency kit and I'll get back to you.  Hmmm, let's see...

Crucifix  ✔️

Pentangle ✔️  (

Garlic ✔️  (I know it's for vampires but one should alway err on the side of caution.)

Chapstick, bottled water and a comfy blanket. ✔️ This could be a long night.)

As for your assertion these companies forget about LGBT the other eleven months of the year?  They're a business, they also disown The Easter Bunny after they've used him for chocolate sales and Santa's dumped back down the chimney when Dec 26th rolls around.  Not real people?  It doesn't matter.  The retail business is a constant cycle and it owes nothing to no one except its shareholders.

• Like 1

I feel like I've seen the same thing a million times with Alyssa finding some way to rationalize something indefensible like the Target topic. Not surprising when you have her number--I'm not gullible enough to believe someone like her is some LGBT ally just because she says it before every anti-LGBT cause or advocate she goes on to speak in support of, she only says what is expedient to say in order to get her talking points across and (she hopes) assist in causing harm. What's unbelievable is Sara saying she supports them doing it, too. Incredible... But to prove a broken clock can be right at least twice a day, I did agree with most of what Sara said about DeSantis. But I think it's more a case like with Whoopi and Alyssa, I can acknowledge when I agree with something or other she say from time to time, but she isn't a voice I'd ever find completely believable again because she's shown too much that's two-faced with what her past persona has been on this show for me to buy it anymore.

All that said, I thought Tuesday's and Wednesday's were good shows otherwise. Of course, I feel the show in general has been fine this and last season with a dud show now and again. Admittedly, Joy is really the only thing that keeps me coming back every day, but I do like Ana and Sunny when I'm watching despite their foibles. Whoopi, Sara, and Alyssa can all be fun and add to the discussion even if I disagree with them or find them annoying a lot of the time, they're never to the point of show-ruining even if I wouldn't mind seeing the back of any of those three if the time ever did come. And since they've maintained #1 with Whoopi, Sara, Joy, Sunny, and Ana for several years now, I think the show will be fine in the ratings with this panel if they stayed the same 4-6 more seasons like some of their other iterations did over the years.

5 hours ago, pvandal said:

Whoopi is a nut. American Idol is the same now as it was on Fox. Three judges, hopeful singers (some good, some bad) and the public judging them. I did love how the stage manager tried to cover her butt now that they're on the same channel. 

She would've been right if she stuck to Idol having been the start of reality TV in general, not so much that show in itself. Who knows what Whoopi means half of the time. Because she's struggling with her words, sometimes I feel like she catches a thread and follows it to her own detriment sometimes in an attempt to make sense.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She would've been right if she stuck to Idol having been the start of reality TV in general, not so much that show in itself.

American Idol was groundbreaking but it was nowhere near the start of reality tv. There have been competition shows on the airways since it started. I don’t get how Whoopi thinks there can be a talent show without judging. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

American Idol was groundbreaking but it was nowhere near the start of reality tv. There have been competition shows on the airways since it started. I don’t get how Whoopi thinks there can be a talent show without judging. 

I think what she meant was AI was the first time the audience were the ones who had the power to judge ie. vote.

I personally think Survivor was the beginning of the downfall.

Sara has been having a bunch of word salads lately. What I heard today was something about sexuality and gender and it took people awhile to get used to gay marriage so give them time to get used to transgender people. Sorry Sara but bigotry is bigotry and it looks like they are winning.

• Like 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, Ellis Bell said:

As for your assertion these companies forget about LGBT the other eleven months of the year?  They're a business, they also disown The Easter Bunny after they've used him for chocolate sales and Santa's dumped back down the chimney when Dec 26th rolls around.  Not real people?  It doesn't matter.  The retail business is a constant cycle and it owes nothing to no one except its shareholders.

That’s not the point. As Whoopi put it, the point is that the LGBTQ community can’t seem to have anything these days without small-minded people having a meltdown, causing an uproar, or sending death threats. So Target kow-towing to those assholes is another insult on top of a long list of injuries.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

That’s not the point. As Whoopi put it, the point is that the LGBTQ community can’t seem to have anything these days without small-minded people having a meltdown, causing an uproar, or sending death threats. So Target kow-towing to those assholes is another insult on top of a long list of injuries.

Yes.  A loud minority of people are saying we don't like this and they are being given what they want.  Whoopi was right.  If they don't like something they are free to not be a part of it but they shouldn't have the power to prevent anyone else from being part of it. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

It was a commercial for her new book. I didn’t catch the name.

Sununu said a lot of words but didn’t take a stand on anything. He didn’t disagree with anything Youngkin, DeSantis, trump, or any other R has done. He sidestepped every issue except gun control where he trotted out the same old talking points. Sorry, Alyssa, he’s not different. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 11

T  I  N  A   T  U  R N  E  R   🖤

TOPIC TWO:  DESANTIS DE JA VOUS - Twitter bird chokes but the FOX rolls on.

Whoopie daily warning:  No writers and I can't read the cards.

TOPIC THREE:  CANNES CANNES:  Natalie Portman deigns to speak.  World anxiously awaits pearls of wisdom with bated breath.  Women vs Men.  An oldie but a goodie.

GUEST:  NEPO BABY CHRIS SUNUNU -  Casual, jacket, no tie, no flag pin (isn't that a mandatory accessory of R apparel?)  I wonder if he bought this ensemble at Target.  Dick and Jane (Is Spot allowed?)  See Spot run but will we see Chris run?  More animal cruelty aimed at the poor ailing Twitter bird.  The T, the T! He pivots well.  AA history (Guess who asked that question.)  Trump on the cross.  Who will volunteer to climb up and touch up the gray?  Sunny pulls out her Trump tongue twister yet again...twice impeached........

Commercials:  Actors in pharmaceutical commercials can only book these gigs and Walmart gigs.  Drop a few pounds.  You're an actor for God's sake.

GUEST:  CHRIS SUNUNU - Trump will not win the nomination.  If you say so.  Pro-choice Republican.  Mass shootings.  NH:  Live Free or Die.  Mental health?  You get a gun and you get a gun!!!  Audience revolts, Whoopi wakes up.  Cut to commercial.  Bye Chris.  Final Analysis:  He's a chipper fellow who would do well leading a pep rally.

SEGMENT SIX:  Stage manager is retiring.  He's the dude who wildly waves his hands in order to wake up the audience.  He was a lounge singer, lol.  Owns an Alpaca farm.  Two minute segment on this man, Ron, is more interestesting than anything they discussed today.  Happy retirement, Ron.

Happy Thursday.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

It was a commercial for her new book. I didn’t catch the name.

Sununu said a lot of words but didn’t take a stand on anything. He didn’t disagree with anything Youngkin, DeSantis, trump, or any other R has done. He sidestepped every issue except gun control where he trotted out the same old talking points. Sorry, Alyssa, he’s not different. 

said a lot of words and talked as fast as one could

and his comment, referring to "the Jan 6 nonsense" - does that mean he thinks prosecuting people for that event is ridiculous or the raid itself was ridiculous or ?

they gave him too much time 

will chris christie be on next?

• Like 3

Ugh.  Chris Christie.  And yes, he’ll probably be making the rounds too. 🤬

I listened to Sununu and he used a lot of words and said very little.  Except when it came to guns.  Then it’s the same old, same old: “guns don’t kill people, mentally ill people kill people”.  With guns!!!  Why do they always forget that part???

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Surprised Alyssa wasn’t under the table on her knees when Sununu came on, she never shuts up about how he’s “her guy”. He’s the same as all the others about Trump, he’s a nut case but I’ll vote for him if he’s the nominee, have some self respect. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, jalady said:

Ugh.  Chris Christie.  And yes, he’ll probably be making the rounds too. 🤬

I listened to Sununu and he used a lot of words and said very little.  Except when it came to guns.  Then it’s the same old, same old: “guns don’t kill people, mentally ill people kill people”.  With guns!!!  Why do they always forget that part???

Was he accurate in his statement that in two years, with control of the White House, Senate, and House, Democrats didn't do anything to ban or restrict certain guns? 

One thing that he said that few other politicians are saying is that there needs to be at least a concurrent effort to address the mental health crisis and provide resources to help those who need it. Because take away the guns and people (mentally ill and others) who are acting out will attack people with other weapons, although less efficiently. 

3 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Was he accurate in his statement that in two years, with control of the White House, Senate, and House, Democrats didn't do anything to ban or restrict certain guns? 

Unfortunately, yes. 

• Sad 3
28 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Yes but with a BIG BUT. I believe there were a couple of Dems who said they would vote against any gun legislation while the Repubs were all on the same page in voting against any legislation thereby making anything to do with any gun legislation doomed from the start due to the couple of Dems. Having a simple & very small majority is never enough if everyone isn't on the same page, which they weren't. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3