Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E20: Our Last Rodeo

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

Nah, he wouldn't have wasted his boat - HE would have sailed away!

But nah, she would have been babbling and trying to make him understand her and refusing to get off the boat.  So, he would have had no choice but to just strap her down and let her go.  I'm sure he would have been glad to buy another boat without her on it. 

• LOL 3
54 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

But nah, she would have been babbling and trying to make him understand her and refusing to get off the boat.  So, he would have had no choice but to just strap her down and let her go.  I'm sure he would have been glad to buy another boat without her on it. 

I completely agree that Nicole was and is INSUFFERABLE!  How Chris can sustain his sanity constantly listening to her babbling is beyond me.  My brain borderline blows up when she goes on her verbal tirades ESPECIALLY when she offers her "professional" assessments and other comments about the OTHER COUPLES RELATIONSHIP ISSUES!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I just have a feeling that Chris is going to be very picky about finding a new apartment and signing a lease once they go back to their own places to wait out their leases. He will need someplace to hide. If she is smart, she will let him, so she isn't hanging on him and smothering him all the time. That is the only way she will be able to hold on to her marriage. He needs to be able to breathe in peace.

I can't get too mad at her with her relationship advice because I firmly believe she has been assigned that role from production, as they are the only successful couple. I do, however, hate it when she tells them that, "I need you to work on . . ."

I think she can be nice, but she has too many issues and way too much baggage and self-esteem issues to not be in therapy. It's funny how she has such low self-esteem, and yet has to be the center of everything. Usually, someone with self-esteem issues would stay out of the limelight.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 6
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I just have a feeling that Chris is going to be very picky about finding a new apartment and signing a lease once they go back to their own places to wait out their leases.

I have more of a feeling Chris is not signing a lease with Nicole!

He knows he won't he happy in the long run with her and isn't going to lead her on.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

He knows he won't he happy in the long run with her and isn't going to lead her on.

We'll see, if that's the case, if she's capable of "letting him go."  

• Like 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2023 at 9:04 PM, ChiMama said:

Yeah, the preview was interesting. Also the fact that Clint offered Gina $10k for Hank! I’m guessing Gina used & abused Clint for dog sitting services, always being unable to find time to pick Hank up, to the point where Clint said “he’s my dog now” (a lawyer was telling Gina that possession is 9/10ths of the law - thus, my theory). That, or maybe Gina neglected Hank, crating/leaving him alone for long periods with no attention or exercise (wouldn’t be shocking) and Clint rescued him. Either way, he seems the more fit ‘parent’ by a country mile in this scenario based on personality and character traits alone.

Aww, I feel sorry for Gina if people really thought this. Hank is such a great dog, and Gina does love him. It reminds me of parents splitting up, and kids only want "fun dad" and forget that "consistent mom" has always been there,fufilling Hank's needs, since the beginning. You can see Hank's has been looked after, judging by his responses/ interactions with people. And the fact that Gina has no problem with Clint staying in Hank's life, shows she's thinking of the dog.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 4
18 hours ago, Retired at last said:

It's funny how she has such low self-esteem, and yet has to be the center of everything. Usually, someone with self-esteem issues would stay out of the limelight.

Great point! I wondered the same, but then I thought maybe she always looks to others to validate if she's saying or doing the "right thing"? If no one's paying attention, she'll just get louder and mouthier until someone finally responds?

In spite of his quiet demeanor, I really like Chris, and I want him to have a long and mutually beneficial marriage.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think she can be nice, but she has too many issues and way too much baggage and self-esteem issues to not be in therapy. It's funny how she has such low self-esteem, and yet has to be the center of everything. Usually, someone with self-esteem issues would stay out of the limelight.

I knew a girl who had low self-esteem in college and was butting her way into the center of every social situation. She would purposely get between guys talking to a girl and be surprised when the guy did not respond to her. She thought she was the life of the party because she had little to no social life in high school.

I think Nicole has:

1.  Control issues
  2.  Insecurity issues
  3.  Is being constantly prodded by production to spice up a terrible season with the promise of her and Chris being the next MAFS power couple.

The problem is they were just the most appetizing turd in the pile.

The audience has not reacted well to Chris and Nicole as a couple. He is a neutered wimp who seems to lowkey despise his wife.

She is a pathetic woman with tons of abuse issues who is desperate enough to fall in love with anything attached to a penis.

I feel a little mean so I will say something nice.

Nicole has very pretty skin and hair.

Chris has a rocking Dad Bod.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1

So this franchise chooses the most boring season with the most boring couples to extend the misery by showing us what they are doing in their afterlife. Pretending they are all actual friends that give a damn about each other. Please.

The sight of Dom makes my skin crawl. Who cares what she's doing now? She's still using the word "like" 5 times in every one of her sentences.  And that dildo she was married to has the hots for Gina. Oh, yeah that's a great match. 

Nicole makes me stabby. Dear Lord, shut up, woman. Chris needs to secretly keep paying rent on his apartment until he decides he can't handle her over analyzing every thing, every action and every move every else makes. Does she really thing her amateur advice is golden? 

I'm team Clint and Hank. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

This season was an 80% failure rate.

If we go back to previous seasons and calculate, including those who stayed together initially but divorced post-show (looking at you, Courtney & Jason, plus the Houston couples who divorced), I'd guess it's closer to a 95% failure rate.

If you watch the other similar type shows out there, Love is Blind, Indian Matchmaking, Jewish Matchmaking:  the failure rate is similar.

Is this a societal comment?  Or has our Bumble/Hinge/Tinder swipe/endless options culture gotten the better of us?

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

If we go back to previous seasons and calculate, including those who stayed together initially but divorced post-show (looking at you, Courtney & Jason, plus the Houston couples who divorced), I'd guess it's closer to a 95% failure rate.

If you watch the other similar type shows out there, Love is Blind, Indian Matchmaking, Jewish Matchmaking:  the failure rate is similar.

Is this a societal comment?  Or has our Bumble/Hinge/Tinder swipe/endless options culture gotten the better of us?

I think it has a lot to do with the participants.  Most have issues which bring them to this drastic point, but their issues remain so they are destined to fail.  The rest just come on shows like this for exposure.  It's rare to find individuals with normal personalities who are actually invested for the right reasons. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I think it has more to do with the nature of people dumb enough to go on reality shows with such low success rates.

• Like 2

Besides, on the last show, Chris and Nicole DID sign a new lease for their new apartment (or an extension to Chris' lease) because they made a big deal of signing it and also having all the dogs there together. However, I also thought that Chris would want to take more time to decide, but it didn't end up that way.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Besides, on the last show, Chris and Nicole DID sign a new lease for their new apartment (or an extension to Chris' lease) because she they made a big deal of signing it and also having all the dogs there together. However, I also thought that Chris would want to take more time to decide, but it didn't end up that way.

Fixed that for you! 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
16 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

That, plus "reality" tv has gotten old hat, meaning they all know that they are creating a personae for us viewers.  And they know that they can GET A DIVORCE (Pastor Cal scowls here) so it doesn't mean anything to them anyway.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Besides, on the last show, Chris and Nicole DID sign a new lease for their new apartment (or an extension to Chris' lease) because they made a big deal of signing it and also having all the dogs there together. However, I also thought that Chris would want to take more time to decide, but it didn't end up that way.

Did he not say that he will pay the rent and she will reimburse him for her half?

I felt like he did not want her name on the lease because he was not sure if the relationship will last, which is probably smart.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I understood Chris to say that he’d pay the bills and Nicole could give him a check.  

Not that he wasn’t going to put her name on the lease, although that could be his plan. 

She wants a joint account to pull money out of as a couple, and that’s where he bristled.  No joint account for Chris, as he may feel it’s easier to untangle later without having a joint account. 

• Like 4
(edited)

I thought they both had to sign the revised lease, and then she brought out those papers to change her name, which I don't think he had to sign. But, I know she signed the lease. I THINK they are staying in his current apartment, so that's probably why he is keeping all the utilities and everything in his name.

BUT, if they are staying in his apartment AND they have all the dogs, why was there such a big drama at the beginning when he was upset that he couldn't have that many dogs there? Hmmmm - production hi jinx and fake drama from the beginning? No wonder it was so easy for Nicole to be the hero and come up with a solution. But, he really did look like he was crying. Maybe they are signing a lease for a different apartment in the same complex? But, then the utilities would change and could be put in both names. OK, STOP THINKING about this nonsense!

ETA - Sorry - I thought this thread was about the last show and it wasn't. 

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 2
54 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

BUT, if they are staying in his apartment AND they have all the dogs, why was there such a big drama at the beginning when he was upset that he couldn't have that many dogs there?

Because during filming, they weren't staying in either of their own apartments.  They were staying in a different apartment building altogether, that all the couples stayed in.

And that building had a 2-dog rule.

They are now moving in together to his apartment building, which apparently allows more than 2 dogs.

But yes, Nicole had to be the hero and get her dad to watch her dog, while she saved the day for Chris.  Which I still don't understand.   Like, why didn't he step up and say "let's take turns with our dogs", or something similar?  That always bugged me about him.

• Like 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Because during filming, they weren't staying in either of their own apartments.  They were staying in a different apartment building altogether, that all the couples stayed in.

And that building had a 2-dog rule.

They are now moving in together to his apartment building, which apparently allows more than 2 dogs.

But yes, Nicole had to be the hero and get her dad to watch her dog, while she saved the day for Chris.  Which I still don't understand.   Like, why didn't he step up and say "let's take turns with our dogs", or something similar?  That always bugged me about him.

I did not like how he would not compromise and at least allow Nicole to have her dog some of the time.

They were lucky that Nicole's dad took her dog so Chris could have all of his dogs around him.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 1