Type keyword(s) to search

S07.08: Hazed and Confused

• Start Topic

A confrontation during a girls night dinner opens a rift between Lindsay and Danielle. Ciara considers a fling as a new man joins the house. Everyone gets ready to send it at Kyle’s 40th birthday party.

Carl: “Go into the girls rooms and take something you think they’ll need.”  Chris: *grabs iridescent orange boots*

Gabby is trying to make fetch happen.  Ciara just doesn’t like her. Exhibit A: the hug she gives Sam when she arrives for the western party vs the bullshit hug she gives Gabby Immediately after.

Sam needs to stop getting on the kitchen counter with her outside shoes. So gross.  Otherwise, she’s my favorite new person in a while. Spitting truths about supporting partners battling demons and the best part: “If Danielle’s friendships need alcohol to survive, that says something else about her friendships.” 

It’s actually kind of sad to see how Danielle just falls for the sudden and likely temporary attention she’s getting from Paige and Amanda.  “I go to bat so hard, I’m such a good friend!” Gretchen Weiners type shit.  They don’t like you, they don’t think your jokes are funny, your real friend hasn’t abandoned you, just stop.  Amanda repeating what Paige said about “Danielle’s light shining” as if it came out of Danielle’s mouth instead, annoying.  Paige: “I can’t WAIT to tell Craig everything that happened this weekend!”  They’re all 14. 

Someone tell me how Kory thought he was driving 100 miles in 20 minutes. 

• Like 10
(edited)

I feel like every time Paige talks about Craig a vein starts throbbing on her forehead.

If she and Craig ever decide to cohabitate permanently I fear we are now watching the prologue to a Dateline episode. 

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)

I don't see what they see in Kory.  At.  All.

That was gross and very high school of Chris to take someone's underwear.  Is he 14? 

Paige seems annoyed with Craig.  That HE has to visit HER in New York is very telling and I see the beginning of the end for these two. 

Stop standing on the kitchen counter.  It is gross and dangerous.  What if someone falls and cracks their head open?  Or breaks their neck and becomes paralyzed?  Why Bravo allows this, I'll never know.

Edited by Shauna
spelling
  • Like 12

What Lyndsay said about Robert was uncalled for and mean. The man has a career path as a chef, they don’t get weekends off to jaunt around the Hamptons. Robert also, at the time, had a supportive girlfriend that supported his ambition and wasn’t trying to get him to quit his job to spend more time with her, unlike Lyndsay with the last bf and now Carl. I truly believe Danielle is struggling here though with her relationship, and Lyndsay doesn’t seem to care or spend time with her, I think that is why she is upset. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Shauna said:

Paige seems annoyed with Craig.  That HE has to visit HER in New York is very telling and I see then beginning of the end for these two. 

I see no chemistry with these two. She will never move to Charleston and if he moves to NYC he won't be happy. She likes her space. Wasn't this a problem with her last boyfriend, too? 

58 minutes ago, Dsnygrl33 said:

What Lyndsay said about Robert was uncalled for and mean

Danielle had a lot of free time because Robert works nights so it left her with plenty of time for unattached Lindsey. Now that Lindsey has a serious relationship the dynamic has changed. It's natural for that to happen. Grow up, girl. She has plenty of other friends (according to her IG). She can still hang with Lindsey just not as often. 

2 hours ago, Shauna said:

OMG the guy is fugly AF. Maybe it's that awful haircut with the poodle top.  If Ciara wants him she better start making moves or Sam is going to move right in on him just like Lindsey did to her with Austin. Ciara has no game. She's a beauty but damn that personality is a big ZERO!

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
53 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

OMG the guy is fugly AF. Maybe it's that awful haircut with the poodle top.  If Ciara wants him she better start making moves or Sam is going to move right in on him just like Lindsey did to her with Austin. Ciara has no game. She's a beauty but damn that personality is a big ZERO!

Well, I didn't want to say he was ugly, but yep--he's just not attractive.  Spot on poodle top.  I keep looking at him, wondering what they see in him.  A fling.  Someone to flirt with while in "the house". 

56 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Danielle had a lot of free time because Robert works nights so it left her with plenty of time for unattached Lindsey. Now that Lindsey has a serious relationship the dynamic has changed. It's natural for that to happen. Grow up, girl. She has plenty of other friends (according to her IG). She can still hang with Lindsey just not as often. 

My brother is a chef and it is a very difficult job with tough hours.  While everyone is home enjoying the holidays, he is working to feed people who go to restaurants to celebrate the holidays.  Standing on his feet all day long and very long hours.  Well, doesn't matter for Daniele.  She was on WWHL and talked about their break up.  You have to be very patient and understanding with someone who is a chef.  Also, she mentioned he basically lived out of a duffle bag and he said he didn't like to think in permanent terms when she mentioned buying property.  Writing, meet wall. 

• Like 5

Last week I thought the hazing was stupid and boring. Chris seemed to think so, too, and I appreciated that he went along with it only because Kyle and Carl were acting like friends again. This week I'm pissed at the entitlement of all of these straight, White, CIS-gendered men who think it's fine to rifle through women's possessions in hopes of inconveniencing, or, better still, embarrassing them. And that display with Ciara was ridiculous.

Kory is as bad, or worse. I hope the show isn't going to go to the Ciara-in-a-love-triangle well again.

I enjoyed the flashback to last season's Paige and Craig. It was a nice change to see her looking actually interested in him.

• Like 2

Honestly Danielle is so annoying. She’s coming across as a weird needy bad friend lol. Just support your friend and be done with it. Like your opinion isn’t that important.

Chris is creepy and annoying lol.

These ppl always jumping on the counters and yelling. Like how is that fun that seems so annoying. Like no one thinks you are cool lol.

No Mya? Yay lol. Dammit she was there later lol.

Shut up Paige. She of course would support Danielle as her boyfriend lives in a different state and is basically an alcoholic as well. They also like to pretend they are this evolved couple who live in different states and they do their own thing but in reality it’s because neither wants to move or give anything up so they are kind of just delaying the inevitable. Who knows tho what will happen in the future I guess.

Kyle definitely does look 40 lol. Let’s be real here. I mean he looks like he’s in good shape I guess but he’s not some young looking guy. His mullet makes him look older too.

Why can’t Robert be a chef in NYC? There must be tonnes of jobs there for chefs. He seems to not wanna even be in a relationship. Which I guess he didn’t because they are broken up now.

Ugh no boo Kory. He’s such an annoying douche. I honestly don’t get what anyone sees in him. Maybe he’s killer in bed lol but I somehow doubt it since he seems like a selfish douche.

Ciara seems like she sucks at flirting. Which no judgement because same but it’s awkward to watch sometimes lol.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Marley said:

Why can’t Robert be a chef in NYC? There must be tonnes of jobs there for chefs. He seems to not wanna even be in a relationship. Which I guess he didn’t because they are broken up now.

Married to a retired chef.  Here is how it works.

There may be tons of jobs, but they mostly pay poorly and the work is hard. I believe Robert had his own operations.  That makes the hours even worse. Hubby left the hospitality business over 20 years ago, when he married the first time, and went to corporate chef’ing.  All for better hours - he won’t even talk about Mother’s Day, Easter or Thanksgiving, when he was doing 20-hour days.  

He has left the business entirely and is earning twice what he earned as a chef.  It is a thankless job and a job for a young person.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
6 hours ago, Shauna said:

Well, I didn't want to say he was ugly, but yep--he's just not attractive.  Spot on poodle top. 

I just kept thinking about how fucking pungent his feet must have smelled, barefoot in leather loafers.  Tool. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Shauna said:

I'm right there with you!  His hair looks like a bad toupee!  And that's the only interesting thing about him.  They see hot...I see NOT!!!  I feel the same way about Austin.  Why was Ciara and Lindsay so gone over him?  He looks very meh to me.  Not worth any of the drama he caused. 

Edited by swankie
Added another thought.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Ciara has no game. She's a beauty but damn that personality is a big ZERO!

This, and her eternal RBF.  She looks so irritated when the guys gravitate towards girls who actually appear interested.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

THANK YOU! I could not understand the attraction in the Winter House with Kory and will not get it if that is the way this is going now that he is in the Summer House.  Why?  And Ciara is so beautiful so the fact she is not dating at all makes me wonder why?  She does have shitty taste in men though.....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

And Ciara is so beautiful so the fact she is not dating at all makes me wonder why?  She does have shitty taste in men though.....

To each his own and maybe it's her choice not to date, but I've been wondering this too.  When you are that stunning, a lack of personality is not going to stand in the way of some man wanting to be with you.  She could bag herself someone sooooo much better than Austen, and yet she stayed hung up on him way too long. 

Thank God the response to Kory is all the same here.  Does he have some kind of irresistible charisma that you have to experience in his real life presence?  Dude is as a fugly as they come and seems the walking definition of a douche.  

Sam has gotten such a bad rap for her over-talking but she pretty consistently comes across to me as someone who would be a good friend.  We've seen her actively being a really good listener and not making it all about herself.  I always give kudos to someone who can listen. 

So the demise of Lindsay and Danielle's friendship started at the girls dinner?  Seemed like a pretty benign disagreement, if you can even call it that.  I was hoping for more fireworks - there has to be more to it!

• Like 7
On 4/4/2023 at 3:07 PM, Passing Strange said:

Last week I thought the hazing was stupid and boring. Chris seemed to think so, too, and I appreciated that he went along with it only because Kyle and Carl were acting like friends again.

You could see all over Carls face that he thought the hazing was ridiculous. He's not in to this show or the drunks on the show at all. Too bad he needs to continue to do the show because he needs the income and by doing it Lindsey can keep tabs on him.

The fake friendship between him and Kyle was also badly acted. They both are done with each other. Carl objected to and disagreed with everything Kyle said about him and bitched about. According to Kyle (and rightly so) Carl is lousy at his job, lazy, lets Lindsey walk all over him but all of a sudden they are buds again. Ok. Sure, guys. 

• Like 4

What a group of miserable harpies. Amanda, Paige, Cierra, and Maya are hell bent of proving Lindsay is a terrible person unworthy of love or happiness. I think Danielle is genuinely confused and depressed and hurt but that fact that she’s falling for the bullshit “love” and “support” of The Mean Girls club is just gross. They don’t care about you Danielle! You’re just something they can use to punish Lindsey for her past crimes.

I was so relieved to hear Sam ask why Danielle is so bothered by Lindsey’s relationship with Carl. Finally! I felt like I was taking crazy pills because I don’t get the big problem here either. Lindsey and Carl remain the same self absorbed idiots they were before they were dating. Why is them being in a happy, stable, self absorbed, idiotic relationship so earth shattering it has to ruin summer?

I just want summer to be fun. Summer should be fun! Mean Girls Club? Not fun!

• Like 6