Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Never Again

• Start Topic

the-equalizer-311-photos.jpg

After a string of antisemitic hate crimes terrorizes a local community, Harry reconnects with his Jewish faith as he leads the team in finding the culprit before they attack again. Also, McCall must calculate to what extremes she will go in order to win custody of Delilah.

Premiere Date: SUNDAY, March 12, 2023     8pm     CBS

Stephen Bishop as Miles
Saul Rubinek as Rabbi
rabbi-and-harry-in-equalizer-311.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania

I really liked this one. For some reason, it felt organic to me, and it's good to finally find  out some more about Harry other than his criminal past. I also really enjoyed Mel and Robyn in the end being the ones to kick ass and take out the bad guys.

Nice to see Richard Masur again (who is definitely not Saul Rubinek).

Aunt Vi saves the day, as she does in every episode, but this time I was cheering. I really don't like Miles at all.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I liked seeing Harry doing more getting very involved in the case. Learning more about his family and past and I liked that he unmasked all the assholes of the club letting their friends and family and employers know what about horrible believes. I feel bad for the mom when she finds out her son was part of it and proud of it. 

I'm glad Aunt Vi was able to settle the matter although I wish Miles listened to Delilah. She's old enough to decide who she wants to live with. I liked Aunt Vi reminding him how many lives Robyn saved when she stopped the dirty bomb. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I liked that he unmasked all the assholes of the club letting their friends and family and employers know what about horrible believes.

Harry unmasked everybody that uses the website, that is a lot of people probably from around the world.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Great case of the week. Oh hello Richard Mauser. Long time no see.

I knew the kid had something to do with it. Guess he was just a pawn but no resolution on what happened to him at the end. 

Glad Aunt Vi went there with Miles.  I would like to know how Robyn and Miles ever got together. They are just two different personalities and not two people I would ship. 

• Like 5

The whole Delilah custody thing is kind of silly, she's what, a Junior in high school?  She could probably defend herself better than her Dad.  Though he does have the point that she wouldn't be in harms way in the first place.  But with Miles and wife both working, at least now she comes home to her aunt after school.

• Like 5

I didn't really care for the case of the week, it was very predictable.  It was predictable that the waitress' kid would be involved, it was predictable that Harry would hack and expose the hate group, it was predictable that Mel and Robyn would save the day.

Once one of the bad guys determined that all of the people were behind that door, I'm not sure why he just didn't open fire through the door.  Instead he conveniently waits for Mel to throw his friend from the balcony.

I did like Harry dooring the video guy that thought he got away.

I was more interested in the Delilah custody issue.  I loved that Aunt Vi openly threatened Miles that she would release the information that he saved a terrorist.  I liked what she said to Miles about how she is the backstop and is always watching and that Dee is just as much her child.

I'm glad they explained away the fact that a judge would listen to Dee's opinion by her saying her friend had to do it and it was awful, so she was refusing.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm glad they explained away the fact that a judge would listen to Dee's opinion by her saying her friend had to do it and it was awful, so she was refusing.

I'm really glad Delilah brought that up. From what we can tell she loves both of her parents' and she would have to tell the judge who she wanted to live with. It would really suck. I'm glad she told them she refused.

• Like 4

Delilah could say she wants to have a half and half arrangement. I've known families who do that, with the kids living half the time with one and half with the other. No need to choose between. A lot of divorced parents have joint custody.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, greekmom said:

Glad Aunt Vi went there with Miles.  I would like to know how Robyn and Miles ever got together. They are just two different personalities and not two people I would ship. 

The only thing I can think of whenever Miles shows up is how similar he is physically to Detective Dante. Robin has a type! 😉

• Like 3
21 hours ago, blackwing said:

Once one of the bad guys determined that all of the people were behind that door, I'm not sure why he just didn't open fire through the door. 

He probably wanted to see his victims screaming for mercy or wherever as he shot them. That's part of the thrill for those kind of assholes. JMO. 

• Sad 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, MicheleinPhilly said:

The only thing I can think of whenever Miles shows up is how similar he is physically to Detective Dante. Robin has a type! 😉

Or the casting director does.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

In my opinion, Vi overstepped. She’s not a parent, she is Dee’s great aunt.   She should not be threatening Miles when all he is doing is trying to be a good parent.   I think instead she should have  told Miles who he had  actually been married to - a CIA agent who has now retired and is working privately to help people with the knowledge  of the police and DA.  Miles should otherwise be questioning just how Robyn got a secret  file in the first place. He should also recognize that Dee’s refusal is in a way telling him what she wants- which is the custody case to go away a things to continue as they are. Otherwise she would have been asking to move in with him.  

I hope Harry isn’t  in legal trouble for hacking again 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

In my opinion, Vi overstepped. She’s not a parent, she is Dee’s great aunt.   She should not be threatening Miles when all he is doing is trying to be a good parent.   I think instead she should have  told Miles who he had  actually been married to - a CIA agent who has now retired and is working privately to help people with the knowledge  of the police and DA.  Miles should otherwise be questioning just how Robyn got a secret  file in the first place. He should also recognize that Dee’s refusal is in a way telling him what she wants- which is the custody case to go away a things to continue as they are. Otherwise she would have been asking to move in with him.  

I hope Harry isn’t  in legal trouble for hacking again 

That's a good point. He married and had a kid with CIA agent. I do think Robyn should tell him something. Telling him she's working privately is a good idea long with the police and DA being on board. I understand he's worried but Delilah's been through a lot and none of it had anything to do with Robyn's job.  Where was worry when Dee was a mess after her friend was killed? I do like Aunt Vi pointing out that Robyn saved a lot of lives with that day with the bomb. Someone needed to point that out.

• Like 2
On 3/20/2023 at 2:32 AM, andromeda331 said:

That's a good point. He married and had a kid with CIA agent. I do think Robyn should tell him something. Telling him she's working privately is a good idea long with the police and DA being on board. I understand he's worried but Delilah's been through a lot and none of it had anything to do with Robyn's job.  Where was worry when Dee was a mess after her friend was killed? I do like Aunt Vi pointing out that Robyn saved a lot of lives with that day with the bomb. Someone needed to point that out.

I can't remember what we were told last season when he was introduced.  But isn't he aware she was a CIA agent?  Weren't they somewhere in Africa together?  He was with Doctors Without Borders and she was with the CIA?  Or does he think she was just military?  If he knew she was with the CIA, then he should know the kind of life she leads and the work she does, even if he is aware she is no longer with the CIA.  Even if he thinks she was just military, it's obvious she has some kind of paramilitary training and it shouldn't surprise him, after she talked about a dirty bomb, that she was doing something in some capacity to try to prevent its detonation and save lives.

The stick is shoved so far up his butt that it could probably touch what he ate for breakfast.

• Like 3
On 3/13/2023 at 2:23 PM, greekmom said:

I would like to know how Robyn and Miles ever got together. They are just two different personalities and not two people I would ship. 

I think they used to be a lot more alike and Miles decided he wanted to "settle down", whereas Robyn has realised that she can't help people if she does what Miles considers "settling down". They just grew out of each other, like a lot of couples. I wouldn't mind seeing a prequel of adventures from their younger days. 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, MicheleinPhilly said:

You're giving me all sorts of.... image ideas lol. And fanfic ideas. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2023 at 1:21 PM, blackwing said:

I didn't really care for the case of the week, it was very predictable.  It was predictable that the waitress' kid would be involved, it was predictable that Harry would hack and expose the hate group, it was predictable that Mel and Robyn would save the day.

I was thinking this is somewhere around New York and from Barney Miller in the 70s forward when cops ran into this situation an Equalizer team wasn't the go to solution because the community were in the "NEVER AGAIN" mode. Maybe the story would work with some small isolated Jewish community on a Touched By An Angel episode. But Harry and Mel should not been alone  with a NYPD really ain't doing something plot.

• Like 1