Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Walk a Country Mile

• Start Topic

A country music star with writer's block Shay, fantasized about being anonymous so she can focus on finishing her next album; Javier learns something new about Helene's life before her mother's death.

Airdate March 6 2023.

• Like 1

When are people going to stop with all the cosmetic crap? Sausage lips; nostrils so narrow, it's a wonder she can breathe;  Groucho Marx eyebrows. Surely her natural aging would look better than that

• Like 5
(edited)

This one was kinda cringe for me; mainly because the acting was off - like most of the time it felt like people just reciting lines. And not just the guest actors, either. Didn't care about the country singers plot.

Helene gone already? They were just starting flesh out her and Javier's relationship! Well, now Elena breaking up with him seems extra dumb.

So, do mermaids exist around Fantasy Island, or is Isla a guest who wished to be a mermaid, and Elena has already met her?

Edited by Trini
  • Like 3

I really liked this episode, I thought it was one of the best of the series. I liked that Shay Fury didn't sit around doing everything that Beau Braddock told his assistant to do, like everybody else would have done when doing a life swap on Fantasy Island. She quit/got fired and went out to catch her a Javier and Javier's and Elena's reactions to her actions were very funny. I really liked the songs and thought that a better singer than Beau Braddock could have made them a top ten hit.

I never liked Helena, she was always whiny and has everything handed to her on a silver tray. If it requires Javier to get buried under a crippling amount of Student Debt to get rid of her, it would be worth every penny. "Don't let the sand hit you on the way out."

Not very interested in the Isla and Mel romantics, I just don't see any chemistry. Maybe it is because all I ever see them do together is make out.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Trini said:

So, do mermaids exist around Fantasy Island, or is Isla a guest who wished to be a mermaid, and Elena has already met her?

I assumed she's an avatar of the actual island. 

Marie Osmond should have used Jane Fonda's plastic surgeon. Who he is must be a deep, dark secret because so many Hollywood actresses have such tragic plastic surgery results.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Marie Osmond should have used Jane Fonda's plastic surgeon. Who he is must be a deep, dark secret because so many Hollywood actresses have such tragic plastic surgery results.

Oddly enough, if you look at pictures of her in the 2010s she looked like maybe she did use Jane Fonda’s plastic surgeon! She was still recognizable and looked great. But now she seems to have found a really bad plastic surgeon and/or an overzealous injector. I didn’t even recognize her as Marie Osmond until they showed her t-shirt picture! Her eyebrows look like they were drawn on way too heavily with a black Sharpie and come too close together in the middle. The shape of her face is weirdly distorted from either cheek implants, a LOT of filler, or maybe even both. Her nose looks pinched, her chin oddly pointy for someone who once had a round face just like her mother’s. And she seems to have lost that trademark gummy Osmond smile (though that’s a plus). From some lighting and camera angles she was sort of recognizable, but most of the time she just looked full-on Uncanny Valley.

I hope Helene is gone for a long, long time. It was good at least that she seemed to have gotten over her “leave me and my dad alone” birthday tantrum. But I think it will take Javier a while to be willing to take Elena back, if she can even manage to swallow her pride.

I suppose from the name, Isla is supposed to be some “spirit of the island” or something, but I sort of expected to see a mermaid tail in the water when she disappeared from the cabana.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Good lord WHAT did Marie Osmond do to her face?? Why??

Every time she breathed in, I thought her nose was going to collapse.

4 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

I hope Helene is gone for a long, long time.

Me too. I didn't mind her at first, but she gets more & more annoying each episode. Plus, her bad wig drives me crazy.

• Like 3

Marie Osmond was great. I was glad that Beau wasn't actually a good singer it would have been cliche that he was the source of her talent. I thought they made Helene too perfect she had a nice voice and was a champion skier that made no sense.

• Like 1