Type keyword(s) to search

Perfect Match - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Through a series of compatibility challenges and matchups, Nick Lachey takes hopefuls on a journey from single to soulmate, bringing together singles from other reality shows, including `Love Is Blind,' `The Mole,' `Too Hot to Handle,' and others.

First episode date: February 14, 2023 (USA)

Anyone watching?  I've watched all the episodes they have released so far.  It was 6 or 7.  More are coming out February 28.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 4

I'm up to date also and inexplicably looking forward to the next episode dump.  Out of the feeder shows I have only watched Love is Blind though so I'm probably missing some things in terms of personalities.  

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

I'm up to date also and inexplicably looking forward to the next episode dump.  Out of the feeder shows I have only watched Love is Blind though so I'm probably missing some things in terms of personalities.  

LOL I'm with you!  I'm addicted now!  😄

• Like 1
On 2/26/2023 at 6:09 PM, ichbin said:

Same, except I've watched both Love is Blind and the Circle. But the others, I haven't watched even a second of them.

This show is a dumpster fire but I can't stop watching!

• Like 4

The musical chairs going on with some of these people in the last episodes was a bit much at that point.  

Francesca and her provocative posing became a real bore.  I have a feeling that aging and being upstaged by a new generation of attention seekers is going to hit some of these people hard in the years to come.

Compared to the others, Kariselle and Joey look and act like they are somebody's middle-aged aunt and uncle, but Joey had the best line of the series during the country game (something along the lines of them all being on reality shows because they aren't very bright).  

How the hell were those two the winners?!?!?!  I'm guessing not one of the final "couples" remained together much if any time beyond wrapping up filming.

• Like 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, ichbin said:

How the hell were those two the winners?!?!?!  

Spoiler

I suspect it was half because they're both so likeable and have a lot of friends, and half to stick it to Francesca - and I for one am here for it.

Boyyyyyyyyy is Francesca an awful person.  She is just like pure uncut evil to me.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 14

I felt like Joey and Kariselle timed their engagement hoping to win the show.  It felt too planned out.  I did laugh when they did not win.

I was getting so sick of Francesca petting her hair.  Several of the women did it.  But she was the worst.  I wanted to slap her hands.

It looked like some of the women's bikinis were getting stretched out from them always wearing them and pulling on them.  The appeal of women in bathing suits loses something when that is all they wear.  They all ended up looking cheap and trashy.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I was getting so sick of Francesca petting her hair.  Several of the women did it.  But she was the worst.  I wanted to slap her hands.

I agree.  I've learned from other reality shows that it's probably the person trying to make sure their extensions stay in place.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Batise reminded me why I did not like him on LIB.  In fact most of the people on this show were not very likeable.  

His last interaction with Abbey was such a foul move. It was probably the thing that annoyed me most in the entire season. More than anything that Francesca ever did. Makes sense this was taped before LIB aired. It almost seemed like he had no empathy to what Abbey said about the outcome of people watching her show. 

At least with Francesca I think that she's mostly IN the joke. There's a bit of humour and I do think there is an awareness of being in a reality show. . Same with Joey, Chloe or even Damian. 

Bartise (at least for me) not so much. 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, braziliangirl said:

His last interaction with Abbey was such a foul move. It was probably the thing that annoyed me most in the entire season.

I did love how Abbey stood up for herself, though.  She looks really young and I was impressed.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 2/28/2023 at 9:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:
  Hide contents

I suspect it was half because they're both so likeable and have a lot of friends, and half to stick it to Francesca - and I for one am here for it.

Boyyyyyyyyy is Francesca an awful person.  She is just like pure uncut evil to me.

I'm surprised she didn't say anything bad about Olivia and Dom when given the chance! I maybe gained a touch of respect for her in that moment.  

I cackled when Joey and Kariselle lost to Olivia and Dom. He proposed for nothing! I wonder if they're still together? Off to Google I go...

20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I did love how Abbey stood up for herself, though.  She looks really young and I was impressed.

Barqueef is an awful person. I did wonder why Abbey behaved so differently on this show compared to how she was on Twenty Somethings, so I guess I have him to thank(?) for clearing that mystery up for me. 

This show is such a god damn mess. Can't wait for another season!

Edited by Zima
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Zima said:

I cackled when Joey and Kariselle lost to Olivia and Dom. He proposed for nothing! I wonder if they're still together? Off to Google I go...

No surprises here!

Isn't the primary purpose of this show simply to extend the contestants' 15 minutes?

Edited by ichbin
Last sentence
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Dom and Georgia have also broken up.  They said it was distance.  She is from Australia and he is from Canada.  They said they were still on good terms though.  

Oh and no surprise Chloe and Shayne also broke up.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

My favorite part of the whole show is when Francesca was reeling Damian back in and she was jiggling and twerking in front of him in her teeny tiny bikini, and he's all "I just love it when Francesca shows her playful side." It was hilarious. She is a master manipulator.

That is the only thing I will give her props for. Because aside from that, I find her to be completely vapid and self involved, and not a very nice person. 

This show was a mess, but it was a fun mess. 

• Like 7

I loved this trainwreck of a show. I wish it had shown up here on Primetimer from the get go and been a full fledged topic with episodes so we could dissect it and talk shit about everyone in real time, but glad it's here now. I had to laugh that throughout the show there was never any mention of what the prize would be, and then it turned out to be just a trip. Lame. A trip the winners didn't even take because they broke up too soon, lol.

I watched Perfect Match concurrently with season 8 of Are You the One, the sexually fluid season (which was awesome). Kariselle (she went by Kari) was one of the cast. When Francesca made that comment that there should be a show where everyone is bisexual, I was hoping Kariselle would go, "there was, and I was on it!" Missed opportunity.

Netflix released a short "where are they now" video on youtube. Shocker, no one is still together, lol 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

season 8 of Are You the One, the sexually fluid season (which was awesome). Kariselle (she went by Kari) was one of the cast

Hey, thanks for the heads up!  I love that show also but haven't seen season 8 yet.

(edited)

I loved Will acting like he was still on The Mole: "i'm going to 'win' this show by competing!"  Apparently, no one told him what the show was about.

The Black women were (as usual) extremely short-changed.  Neither Colony or Diamond were given much of a chance and were unceremoniously dumped as soon as possible.

On 2/28/2023 at 3:39 PM, ichbin said:

How the hell were those two the winners?!?!?! 

On 3/2/2023 at 1:40 PM, LakeGal said:

Dom and Georgia have also broken up.  They said it was distance.  She is from Australia and he is from Canada.  They said they were still on good terms though.  

Of the three "perfect match" couples, they were the least passionate to me and always felt like they always chose each other just to stay in the house.  Totally not surprised that the minute she was introduced to another guy, it was "Dom who"?

I felt like Kariselle and Joey were #1; Chloe and Shayne were #2; and everyone else was an also-ran.  I'm sorry that Kariselle and Joey broke up (but I feel like there may still be hope for them).

"Reality Whores being whores together for real" is how I described this show.

Edited by JH Lipton
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

I watched Perfect Match concurrently with season 8 of Are You the One, the sexually fluid season (which was awesome). Kariselle (she went by Kari) was one of the cast. 

I thought she looked familiar but I couldn't figure out why so thanks for this!

7 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Two questions: where are Francesca and Damian ...

The video focuses on the people who declared themselves perfect matches in the finale. Although, I think we can safely assume Francesca and Damian are not together lol.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

I loved this trainwreck of a show. I wish it had shown up here on Primetimer from the get go and been a full fledged topic with episodes so we could dissect it and talk shit about everyone in real time, but glad it's here now. I had to laugh that throughout the show there was never any mention of what the prize would be, and then it turned out to be just a trip. Lame. A trip the winners didn't even take because they broke up too soon, lol.

What?!  I thought there was a cash prize that was referenced on the show many times, no?!

(edited)

I don't know know, maybe I'm wrong and a cash prize was mentioned in the beginning, but in the finale Nick didn't mention money to Dom and Georgia, just the trip. 

However, since the "where are they now" video came out on youtube a few days ago, there's evidently been drama between Georgia and Dom, including Dom posting screenshots of Georgia's texts (super long story, you can read about it on the Perfect match subreddit) and in one text she mentions that Netflix was giving them $5,000 (in lieu of the trip they didn't take, maybe?) and that Chase was advising her to hold out for more and she was wanting to know if Dom was on board. 

I don't know which is more hilarious, Netflix being so cheap or Chase being Georgia's financial advisor, lol.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

I don't know know, maybe I'm wrong and a cash prize was mentioned in the beginning, but in the finale Nick didn't mention money to Dom and Georgia, just the trip. 

However, since the "where are they now" video came out on youtube a few days ago, there's evidently been drama between Georgia and Dom, including Dom posting screenshots of Georgia's texts (super long story, you can read about it on the Perfect match subreddit) and in one text she mentions that Netflix was giving them $5,000 (in lieu of the trip they didn't take, maybe?) and that Chase was advising her to hold out for more and she was wanting to know if Dom was on board. 

I don't know which is more hilarious, Netflix being so cheap or Chase being Georgia's financial advisor, lol.

If this is true this is absolutely disgusting of Netflix. 

• Like 2
On 3/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, peachmangosteen said:

If they were told there'd be a money prize and then there wasn't, that's fucked up. But I'm still unclear if they were actually told that or not.

I'm sure they also get paid for being on the show.

They all got an all expenses paid vacation for a couple of weeks.

Most of these people don't even work. They just do crap that other reality show people do and make a living doing very little.

Thus, I don't care how much they got paid. They weren't underpaid workers. They are a bunch of people that don't even need to be paid to do a show like this.

• Like 1
(edited)

Personally I don't care what they were told versus not, no cash prize for a reality show feels really exploitative.  Netflix gets to use these people's images, names, their histories/resumes from other shows, and gets to use them on their show, gets to use them for ratings, gets to exploit them and their love lives, gets to manipulate them, etc. and there's no cash prize?  I don't care, for me it's disgusting either way.  The contestants need a motivation and a payday or else it's just free labour.  Any one who's entering a competitive reality show in 2023 would expect a cash prize to be involved.

Netflix net worth as of March 07, 2023 is $138.96 billion.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

Most of these people don't even work. They just do crap that other reality show people do and make a living doing very little.

Thus, I don't care how much they got paid. They weren't underpaid workers. They are a bunch of people that don't even need to be paid to do a show like this.

Whether they work, or don't have to, or do, none of that makes it okay in my eyes.  That's not Netflix's business. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't imagine they weren't paid for being on the show though. They got an appearance fee and a free vacation so I'm not worried about them lol. And there was a prize for the winner.

Which is what I pointed out. There is no way they didn't get paid anappearance fees. It's not like no one got paid. The idea that this a competitive reality show is a joke to me as well. They were never promised any cash prize at any point.

I also don't see it as exploration either. It's barely a game show and finding a real mate was supposed to he the main prize.

If they had said at some point the winner gets x amount of money like Big Brother or The Challenge does and didn't pay out, that would be effed up. Most of these people make high salaries to just influence people to buy junk. They are all fine.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I definitely think all these kinds of shows are exploitation-ish at the least but they're all in on it so.

Of course. But, they also mostly get what they want. To get followers and live a certain lifestyle without really having to work. You got to pay the toll. There is always a trade off. It's not always money.

I just discovered this show. I don't even watch most of the reality shows that these people come from. I watch The Circle religiously. I only watched one season of Too Hot to Handle and the first season of Love Is Blind.

I don't care for watching the dates, but I like the mechanics of the game. The rules of the game are entertaining.

I just have a few thoughts of the people.

I love Chloe. This is the third show I watched with Chloe in it. Whatever season of Too Hot to Handle she was on is the season I watched. She is always fun to watch.

Shayne is a whiny little bitch. He seems to have a ridiculously low self esteem. He keeps sabotages himself. When a woman likes him, he fucks it up and blames the woman.

Georgia has such a soothing and calm voice. Even when she's upset, her face may look upset but her voice doesn't sound ike it. She seems like a sweetheart.

Joey and Kariselle seem like two peas in a pod. They are just alike. They are both so animated and talk a lot.

Francesca seems extremely selfish.

Dom moves too fast.

I had some thoughts about other people but I can't remember who they are at the moment even though I literally just watched the show.

Overall, it was a good show. I like the game of it all.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Like 2