Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E01: I Can't Wait to See Jeff LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

So just Brandon, Kane, and Maddy voted?

And SITD finally prevails-Jamie pulled a safe!  

And Brandon is playing his idol.  Dang, this is a wild TC for everyone staying in their seats and not playing the game of telephone and having side bars.

• Like 3

Maddy is voted off by Brandon's vote.  Smart move he made to play his idol, he would have gone otherwise.  I'm so curious what the motive was behind Matt playing his SITD-there had to be more to it than him feeling like he was vulnerable.

• Like 5

It’s like everything that could happen in 1 episode did. Very eventful episode 1. Eliminated by 1 vote 🤦🏻‍♀️ Rest of the season has a lot to live up to. 

• Like 5
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

What a bizarre episode, and TC. I do not understand Jaime and Matt playing SITD. I don’t get why they did that, as it shows that neither of them trust their tribe. 

I don't understand Matt's motive, but I have to think there was some kind of strategy there.  With Jamie, I have no idea, other than she was either paranoid or didn't want to get her hands dirty this early.  But again, she can only play it once, right?  And she was in no danger, so she wasted it for nothing.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

What a bizarre episode, and TC. I do not understand Jaime and Matt playing SITD. I don’t get why they did that, as it shows that neither of them trust their tribe. 

As I understand it, it is complicated but actually a really savvy bit of gameplay.

No one wanted to be on the "wrong" side of the vote for this vote because if they picked wrong they were going to be targeted next. By playing SITD Matt and Jaimie avoided having to vote so they basically got to remain neutral and see which way the wind blew.

Historically given how poorly SITD has turned out for people as a sure fire save at TC, using it this way was strategically sound. Same as Brandon going ahead and dropping the idol.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was Maddy who went and not Lauren. That was a nice bit of editing on Survivor's part, because they gave the audience the clips to show why Brandon would want Maddy out, without giving away the twist at the end.

• Like 2

Why did Brandon and Matt have to keep dragging coconuts for 4hours when the other team finished and won in 15 minutes. Usually if you are dead last you can quit. When 2 tribes finished their puzzle the third team didn’t keep going. If they couldn’t see the other tribe they should have been told it was over. That 4 hours labour in the sun is what almost took Brandon out of the game.