Type keyword(s) to search

Super Bowl LVII - Live Chat Thread

OtterMommy
  • Start Topic

Just now, Lantern7 said:

What’s Chinese Chili? Sounds delightful.

Basically, it’s chili-ish with Asian spices.  Not at all authentic Asian, but very tasty.  This recipe comes from a Booktuber named Bandy’s Books:

Chinese Chile

Serves: 6

Ingredients:
1.5 (ish) lbs. Ground Pork

1 Red Bell Pepper (small dice)

1 Green Bell Pepper (small dice)

1 White Onion (small dice)

5 cloves Garlic (grated or minced)

1 tbs. Ginger (grated or minced)

1-2 tbs. Soy Sauce 

2 tbs. Hoisin Sauce

1 tbs. Rice Vinegar

12 oz. Beer (Blonde, Pale Ale, Lager)

14 oz. Tomato Sauce

1 tbs. Chinese 5 Spice

Sichuan Peppercorns (finely ground) To Taste

1 tbs. Hot Chili Sesame Oil 

Green Onions & Sesame Seeds for garnish

Directions:
1. In a large pot, heat the hot chili sesame oil until shimmering.

2. Add the ground pork and cook until just browned.

3. Add the bell peppers and onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until veggies become tender.

4. Stir in the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. 

5. Add the Chinese 5 Spice and Sichuan peppercorns. Cook for 1 minute.(Note: Sichuan peppercorns are a unique flavor. They cause a sort of numbness in the mouth which is normal. If you haven't worked with them before, start with a small amount. You can always add more as it cooks.)

6. Add your beer, tomato sauce, soy sauce, hoisin, and rice vinegar. Bring up to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili has thickened. 

7. Serve chili hot either by itself or over steamed white rice. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 3

The only thing I really care about with this game is that it goes to overtime so we get to see the new OT rules in play.

Of course, by me saying that, I have just jinxed it. Though Harrison Butker is usually automatic so...

• Like 1

Clueless is a solid pick at least because it still brings in new generations. My 12-year-old niece was just watching it for the first time a few weeks ago. She talked about the stepbrother thing being a little creepy, and I told her the source material was worse.

I didn't get the Sylvester Stallone commercial. So far I think the commercials for other TV shows are the best. (They're short.)

The Pepsi ones are blah although it was nice to see Steve Martin.

Good for Eagles!! I guess I want them to win.

1 minute ago, DoctorAtomic said:

No one drinks Pepsi. Stop it. 

I had a Pepsi Zero just this afternoon.  It was my last one because aspartame = bad, but if not for that, I would have one every day.

I may be the world’s biggest non-fan of Will Ferrell.  The Bridgerton-adjacent lady was the best part.

• Like 2