Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Drunk In Love

• Start Topic

Monique snoops on Derek; Justine’s confession stuns her mom; Ashley spirals out of control.

Monique snooping - where have we seen that before?  Oh yes, every episode since he got out.  Justine tells mom she's knocked up and quit her job, thereby showing that she makes all of the best decisions.  Then, in a surprise to no one, Ashley spirals out of control.  There will be tears.  Oh yes, there will be tears.

giphy.gif 

Original air date 2023.02.10

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
7 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Justine has 7 kids????

I forget the breakdown but it’s three for one and four for the other. I think the three are Justine’s and the four Michael’s.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I think it's interesting that of all the people on this season, Ashley is the only one whose family seems to be entirely out of the picture (unless I missed something).

Derek's Big Ma is something else! There've been a surprising number of admirable matriarchs on the show, but she gets top ranking imo. Lovely inside and out. Clearly some other influence produced weaselly little Derek and his janky-toothed dad.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I didn’t like how disrespectful Justine was to her mom.  She already has three kids by three different men, none of whom are paying child support.  She is now pregnant with a fourth and has quit her job.  Did she expect her mom to say “congratulations?”  It would be easy to say that Miss Sherry should cut her off, but no grandparent wants to see their grandkids go without.  I think Justine knows this and it's what she is banking on.  "It's in God's hands."  Indeed.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Ashley is the most immature 37-year-old in history.  Also they were both too shitfaced to drive home.

The whole Justine story is weird.  Both Michael and Justine are from Rhode Island but I guess he was in federal prison in PA?  So she moved her kids out there so she could be closer just to visit him in prison?  And then with Covid that was probably not happening anyway for much of the last three years.  So then she decides she is comfy in PA and he decides to parole there rather than in RI where he could actually be a father to his first four kids?  How must they feel that he is living with his stepkids and not them?  And if the reason Justine wanted to stay in PA was her job that’s no longer a factor lol.    Maybe she just wants to keep both his family and her family at a distance.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
54 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

didn’t like how disrespectful Justine was to her mom. 

I think we saw the real Justine this episode. She is very self-centered and doesn't seem to care at all what other people want or need. She was disrespectful and rude to her mom -- who had very valid concerns and was freaking supporting this child-woman and the three kids she already has and has a long history of baby daddies walking out and leaving her the responsibility to help Justine survive without child support. There is no reason for this woman to believe that Michael will be any different. Justine apparently is one of those women who believe that every man she is in a relationship with needs his own bio kid so she is collecting them like some people collect specialty plates. And Michael seems to be one of those men who think having kids with every woman he is with makes him some kind of super macho 'father' whether he supports them or not. I don't think he is supporting the four kids he already has although I don't know this for a fact. But a long prison stint is not the way most people go about supporting children.

Both of these idiots are selfish and self-important. But even so, Justine was really nasty to Michael. I was glad he told her to park her own damn car. Justine may have met her match. Or she might be saying goodbye to the latest baby daddy sooner rather than later.

Ashley was pouting and being nasty because she wanted Travis to comfort her and prove he loves her.  I guess she stopped maturing at eleven. She is a mess. Travis seems to be a good guy, prison notwithstanding, and he deserves much better than Ashley. No one deserves an Ashley.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Ashley is the most immature 37-year-old in history. 

I keep forgetting that she is only 37. I feel like she acts much younger and looks much older.

I don't think he is supporting the four kids he already has although I don't know this for a fact. But a long prison stint is not the way most people go about supporting children.

Somehow he managed to pay for a Mercedes SUV for Justine while he was locked up so maybe he also managed some practical stuff for his kids???

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Somehow he managed to pay for a Mercedes SUV for Justine while he was locked up

Whenever I think about how he bought that car for Justine I am reminded of a long ago Real Housewives of OC Vicki Gunvalson who bought her daughter a car and delivered it to her, basking in the light of generosity that resulted. However she didn't really 'buy' her daughter a car, the girl complained. She bought the car, delivered it, and told her daughter that she now owned a car and would need to make monthly payments for it for years in order to keep it. The gift kind of lost its luster. The girl was saddled with a car payment she didn't want or need. Thanks mom! 

So I don't know how he bought that car or if it's just payments due now or he got it off somebody who owed him for something else or what. But I don't believe he bought her a car outright.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

So I don't know how he bought that car or if it's just payments due now or he got it off somebody who owed him for something else or what. But I don't believe he bought her a car outright.

Somehow I don't believe it either but at least according to the guy at the auto shop, it was titled in his name.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 2/10/2023 at 10:29 PM, Andyourlittledog2 said:

The way these people relate to each other and their families makes my teeth hurt. No wonder the convicts wind up in prison and the people they hookup with on this show are almost guaranteed to mess them up further.  Just listening to them stresses me out.

I believe this is referred to as  'type casting'!

On 2/11/2023 at 5:38 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Ashley is the most immature 37-year-old in history.  Also they were both too shitfaced to drive home.

The whole Justine story is weird.  Both Michael and Justine are from Rhode Island but I guess he was in federal prison in PA?  So she moved her kids out there so she could be closer just to visit him in prison?  And then with Covid that was probably not happening anyway for much of the last three years.  So then she decides she is comfy in PA and he decides to parole there rather than in RI where he could actually be a father to his first four kids?  How must they feel that he is living with his stepkids and not them?  And if the reason Justine wanted to stay in PA was her job that’s no longer a factor lol.    Maybe she just wants to keep both his family and her family at a distance.

I try not to attempt to figure these people out.  It hurts my head!

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 2/11/2023 at 9:38 PM, Elizzikra said:

I keep forgetting that she is only 37. I feel like she acts much younger and looks much older.

Somehow he managed to pay for a Mercedes SUV for Justine while he was locked up so maybe he also managed some practical stuff for his kids???

I suspect Mike still has some drug money stashed away.

Justine is a grade A bitch and spoiled brat. He's not going to tolerate her attitude for long. She was also stupid AF to quit her job and lose her health benefits. What if one of her children falls sick? What a big dummy. They are in the upcoming season, though, so maybe they think they can live on LALU money? Either way.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

I suspect Mike still has some drug money stashed away.

Justine is a grade A bitch and spoiled brat. He's not going to tolerate her attitude for long. She was also stupid AF to quit her job and lose her health benefits. What if one of her children falls sick? What a big dummy. They are in the upcoming season, though, so maybe they think they can live on LALU money? Either way.

He’s also much better looking than she is so she might want to adjust her attitude before he looks elsewhere.

• Like 1
On 2/11/2023 at 10:07 AM, Meowwww said:

Justine has 7 kids????

No, I think between Boob sling and Michael they have 7 kids.  She's got 4, he's got 3 or it's the other way around.  Waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too many kids for her to have ANOTHER one!

And let us not forget!! There's the sneaker empire to fall back on!! Not only the rap career but the SNEAKER EMPIRE!!!!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 3
On 2/6/2023 at 6:46 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Then, in a surprise to no one, Ashley spirals out of control.

Every time they're on, I start stressing about her little dog. Especially when they're drunk. She's a fucking mess and that poor dog deserves better than to be dragged around the country by these losers living in their chaos. (Although my opinion of him has improved, as he was promised a lot, then hit with the reality of her dishonesty, and seems to be taking it well and trying to figure out a plan, all while she's acting like a psycho asshole.) But I still want the dog to go live with an adult who is sane and sober.

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

Although my opinion of him has improved, as he was promised a lot, then hit with the reality of her dishonesty, and seems to be taking it well and trying to figure out a plan, all while she's acting like a psycho asshole

Yeah she told him she would take care of him but now he has to take care of both himself and her. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, goofygirl said:

No, I think between Boob sling and Michael they have 7 kids.  She's got 4, he's got 3 or it's the other way around.  Waaaaaaaaaaaayyy too many kids for her to have ANOTHER one!

And let us not forget!! There's the sneaker empire to fall back on!! Not only the rap career but the SNEAKER EMPIRE!!!!

The sneakers retail for $999 so you know there is a huge market for them.  I am sure they are hoping being on LAL will have sales skyrocket. Yeezys are out.  Montana Millz are in!  (I also have a bridge to sell you if you're interested.)

• LOL 1
22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah she told him she would take care of him but now he has to take care of both himself and her. 

Exactly. Or his mother does ... we'll see what happens. But at least he's providing something to help them, unlike her. And he's the one who stays calm when she's acting like a drama queen teenager. I feel like he's actually handling this quite well. He was told that she was financially stable and that she would help him get some education on the business and they would be a team, and he seemed excited for the opportunity. Then she drops this bomb - actually, the business is dead and this nice home you see is an illusion and we'll be living out of a car. And then she's yelling at him, when she's the one who created this whole situation. And I don't believe for a MINUTE that the landlord kicked them out because he doesn't want an ex-con living there. Why would she even share that info with the landlord? I suspect she was very behind on her rent because her business was in the toilet.

• Like 5