Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: WATN: Vianey and Allen

• Start Topic

Yes, the flying mattress people!    Isn't Vianey the one who had a cardiac arrest on the operating table?   

I had hopes for both of them, and was so glad he had surgery, and terrified for Vianey.    I really hope she can get back on the program, and get healthier.       I wonder if lap band would work for her?   At least to help her lose the weight.   

I hate that Vianey is so depressed.   

• Like 3

Vianey needs therapy now. I can only imagine how scary it was for her to have her heart stop during surgery. So was she sabotaging herself from then on, top frightened to lose the needed weight for surgery? Hate that Allen didn't get skin surgery. Maybe he can find that nice plastic surgeon from last week someday. 

Edited by BAForever
  • Like 4

2 hours ago

I fear that she will drag Allen down. 

I don't know. He seems really motivated to keep on track. Which really surprises me. In the original airing I would have thought he would be content just to sit and eat all day. And he wants to be a DJ? Like Fatboy Slim or like Wolfman Jack?

• Like 3

Vianey needed a new therapist in Arkansas. I don’t think she was strong enough to do for herself. The lockdown was definitely bad for her.
I don’t see Allen becoming a dj but good for him pursuing his hobby and being productive in his new life. I thought he should have insisted on getting his skin surgery so he could truly start life in his new body. 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, BAForever said:

Vianey needs therapy now. I can only imagine how scary it was for her to have her heart stop during surgery. So was she sabotaging herself from then on, top frightened to lose the needed weight for surgery? Hate that Allen didn't get skin surgery. Maybe he can find that nice plastic surgeon from last week someday. 

After the cardiac event during her surgery, she gave up even attempting to requalify, and refused to believe that if she lost more weight, and passed the health checks, she could get her surgery. 

Vianey needs Dr. Paradise, or another first rate therapist, and a lot of sessions.     Since Allen has proven he won't leave her if she doesn't join him in losing weight, and changing his entire life, then she'll stop even trying to do the program.       I don't think Allen can afford to stop working for a month or two, to get the surgery.       

I don't think Vianey ever got a job of any kind either.     So, she not only sabotaged her own health, but Allen's too, and I think she's fine with that. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

I’m trying to fathom how you’d go along with a spouse forgoing skin surgery, when it’s free.  That would vastly improve his quality of life.  I would do everything in my power to make that happen.  Did she ever get the remote job?  She said she was capable of doing that.  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m trying to fathom how you’d go along with a spouse forgoing skin surgery, when it’s free.  That would vastly improve his quality of life. 

Allen seemed like a sweet guy. Me, I'd resent not being able to have the skin surgery. He's a better partner than I would be. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

I came here to put my 2 cents in about Vianey.  WTF!!!  She is one self centered piece of work.  Going to the door and standing on the deck to watch Allen walk the dog, only to start crying (loud enough for Allen to hear) and go inside so he will follow.  Which he did.

Listening to their conversations about eating food etc. not once did he push back on her when she was guilting him into eating more to make her happy or have that "connection" with him again.  What in the ever-loving buttered bread world is she living in?

And not to get the skin removal surgery was too much for me to watch.  That has got to be uncomfortable for him not to mention chaffing and infections.  But Vianey does not care.

Vianey needs to find another Carb loving soulmate and leave Allen alone.

I am not normally this harsh but if she will not take the help that is given to her to help her work on her depression then tje gloves are off.  And I wonder how much it is depression vs stubbornness to eat carbs.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

If Vianey would start eating what Allen does, then she would lose a lot of weight.    She would rather guilt Allen into eating like she does.   She's terrified that he'll leave her if he gets skin removal surgery.    I hope it was my imagination, but I thought Allen's face looked fuller by the end of the episode. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I came here to put my 2 cents in about Vianey.  WTF!!!  She is one self centered piece of work.  Going to the door and standing on the deck to watch Allen walk the dog, only to start crying (loud enough for Allen to hear) and go inside so he will follow.  Which he did.

Listening to their conversations about eating food etc. not once did he push back on her when she was guilting him into eating more to make her happy or have that "connection" with him again.  What in the ever-loving buttered bread world is she living in?

And not to get the skin removal surgery was too much for me to watch.  That has got to be uncomfortable for him not to mention chaffing and infections.  But Vianey does not care.

Vianey needs to find another Carb loving soulmate and leave Allen alone.

I am not normally this harsh but if she will not take the help that is given to her to help her work on her depression then tje gloves are off.  And I wonder how much it is depression vs stubbornness to eat carbs.

She is extremely controlling and manipulative. I understand addiction and mental health issues are not a choice but taking responsibility for your health and accepting help and being accountable are choices. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2