Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Trust

Trini
  • Start Topic

As Arman and Nadia plan their most dangerous scheme yet, Thony questions her alliances, especially with Luca's health deteriorating. Meanwhile, Garrett zeroes in on a suspect in Maya's death.

Airdate: December 5, 2022

TCL-S2_210_30A-B-JN_00514_webres.jpg

TCL-S2_210_26A-JN_00182_webres.jpg

• Useful 1
On 12/5/2022 at 9:17 PM, Irlandesa said:

I guess hoping Luca dies is hoping against hope?

Thorny still won't run out of excuses for why she still has to stay in the US.

On 12/5/2022 at 9:17 PM, Irlandesa said:

Kamdar is going to figure out Nadia tried to kill him until Thony saved his life.

I wasn't sure whether to root for Kamdar to live to spite Arman or for Kamdar to die to spite Thorny. I hate them both but probably her more than him.

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

The showrunners have a Game Of Thrones problem... The actors for Bran & Rickon Stark had major growth spurts when very little show time passed between seasons. The twins playing Luca now look closer to 16 than 6... Luca must die or a huge time jump is needed.   

• Love 1

Well, I am shocked - SHOCKED - that JD's girlfriend that we've never seen broke up him so that he can reconnect with Fiona! LOL

Wish we had seen a bit more of Thony and Fiona's actual cleaning business and the clinic this season.

I don't know if this will get a third season, but if it does they need to NOT do 'Garrett works with Thony and/or Arman to take down [whoever]' ever again, because so far it has worked out terribly for all involved. Repeatedly. Please stop.

I think the love triangle mostly dead at this point; however, the power struggle between Thony/Arman/Nadia/Kamdar is now the most interesting it's been, so ... fair trade?

Are they going to let Arman get a 'win' with getting the shipping container? Because it feels like that's another thing that's not going to work out.

It's been leading up to Fiona having to choose between Thony and her kids, so I guess the real choice/fallout will be next week.

Garrett/Arman: Worst. Date. EVER.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

But yeah, I now think Nadia is a goner. 

Likely, but I really hope not. I've really been liking Nadia this season.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, paigow said:

The showrunners have a Game Of Thrones problem... The actors for Bran & Rickon Stark had major growth spurts when very little show time passed between seasons. The twins playing Luca now look closer to 16 than 6... Luca must die or a huge time jump is needed.   

The Fall was supposed to take place over a couple of months but was filmed over 3 years. The kids grew up to the point of being unrecognizable. The viewers were never given any explanations/excuses.

28 minutes ago, Trini said:

I don't know if this will get a third season

Unless next week Thorny is handed a U visa on a silver platter with a medal of honor from the President during a parade down Las Vegas Blvd in her honor, I'd say it is pretty safe to say we will get a third season.

I don't think the show will end without Thorny getting vindication that will infuriate the hell out of me. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

But yeah, I now think Nadia is a goner.  Kamdar is going to figure out Nadia tried to kill him until Thony saved his life.

Luca, really? I still think  JD also gets caught in the crossfire since if Fiona  leaves the entire Filipino connection goes. But on the other hand we rarely see the dreamer's little sister

The original show had a driver for Rosa, its Thony, he hid in plain sight as a taxi driver

I still love this show, but it's turning into Gilligan's Island/Good Times for me. Luca is almost healthy till he has a setback. Arman almost gets away from whatever crime boss he works for till there's another complication. Thony almost smiles till she's faced with Luca's health/police investigating her husband's death/possible deportation/threatened by a crime boss/pressure from Garrett. I watch this show mainly for the dangerously handsome Adan Canto, but he's become such a sad sack. And I used to ship him and Thony, but which character said that anyone around Thony ends up dead or otherwise in a bad way? Yeah, that part. 

• Love 1

Luca is whiny and mumble-y, and I wish they would have killed him off at the end of season one instead of leaving him on this health roller-coaster, LOL.

It was a strange choice to ignore Thony and Arman's fantastic chemistry the entire season. We got Marco out of the picture pretty early on when he took a header down the steps, and the show brought in Nadia's ex-boyfriend...only so nothing could happen between Thony and Arman. It's been weird. 

All Nadia needs to do now is inject something that'll kill Kamdar into his IV. Thony would know what untraceable drug to use and could probably even procure it for her. Otherwise, yeah, she probably doesn't make it out alive.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

All Nadia needs to do now is inject something that'll kill Kamdar into his IV. Thony would know what untraceable drug to use and could probably even procure it for her.

Another dose of potassium would do it instantaneously. Given IV this time, there would be no coming back from it; however, I do see the writers taking some poetic license with that scenario.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, paigow said:

Air Bubbles are also lethal... and available over-the-counter...

That requires at least 30cc of air in order to block the entire right atrium, and it would be found on autopsy. It would also take a few minutes to kill him, during which he would probably be screaming in agony.

I'm sticking with the potassium.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, topanga said:

I watch this show mainly for the dangerously handsome Adan Canto, but he's become such a sad sack. And I used to ship him and Thony, but which character said that anyone around Thony ends up dead or otherwise in a bad way? Yeah, that part. 

4 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

It was a strange choice to ignore Thony and Arman's fantastic chemistry the entire season. We got Marco out of the picture pretty early on when he took a header down the steps, and the show brought in Nadia's ex-boyfriend...only so nothing could happen between Thony and Arman. It's been weird. 

So weird. I realize the show doesn't actually revolve around the love story, and the writers have other stories/themes they want to explore, but it just seems a waste to let that subplot dry up after it was a significant part of Season 1; and yes, a waste of that chemistry.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trini said:

So weird. I realize the show doesn't actually revolve around the love story, and the writers have other stories/themes they want to explore, but it just seems a waste to let that subplot dry up after it was a significant part of Season 1; and yes, a waste of that chemistry.

Maybe it was one of those things where they were only attracted to each other when they knew they couldn't have each other. The whole Forbidden Love trope. Once they both became single and the danger was gone, it fizzled. They have both proven that they seek out the adrenaline rush of being in a dangerous situation.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trini said:

I think that it moved faster than the show runners intended, full seasons are normally stretched from these kind of soap suds.. Before having Arman trying to save his marriage with Nadia we were shown that his true love was Hayak's daughter Isabel. And for Thony estranged marriage or not Luca's dad body is still warm.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

I think that it moved faster than the show runners intended, full seasons are normally stretched from these kind of soap suds..

Except the writers wrote it very deliberately.  It's not like the actors were just too hot and fans ran away with something.  They deliberately wrote in the kissing and the dancing and the partnership.

I just think they're bad at this.  They had a couple with rare amazing chemistry and just bungled it. They did have them kiss too early for a slow burn.  But then they doubled down on it with another kiss but chose NOT to progress it.  I said at the time, I thought they should have gone all the way at that point.  Instead of a "will they/won't they" make it a "they did and now what are they going to do?"

But they didn't.  They did two kisses last season and basically pulled back on everything this season.  I'm almost afraid they will do something like kiss at the end of this season after being essentially ice cold.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Hoping for Lucahh dying is wishful thinking.  Hoping for Thony getting a bullet in the caveza (head) would be a miracle..lol!

Looks like Fiona has to decide between her "fameelee" or Thony.  I think she'll chose her fameelee!

I never understood a Thony and Arman romance.  Thony is a wreck and unattractive and Nadia is a babe and a half!

I continue to shake my head of all the debris Thony has left in her quest to protect her fameelee and Lucahh.

It would be better if Lucahh died.  The show can maybe go in a different direction with a fresh storyline.

I think Fiona gets shot in a crossfire and is the one that dies.  JD packs up the kids and gets as far away from Thony!

Knowing my luck, The Cleaning lady series will end when a 26 year old Lucahh takes over for Arman after a fast forward. 

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Fi will have to have enough sexytimes for both of them...

Well maybe for one episode I think JD buys it next week. While Thony and Luca were the hook from the Argentine series, judging from her statements it is the hard lives of Fiona and Chris that the show runner is interested in airing.

19 minutes ago, jabRI said:

Wouldn't Nadia have jumped at the chance to poison not-Sayed in a plane over the ocean, rather than a crowded nightclub?  Would have been a no-brainer.

The plane makes her the prime suspect.   

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 12/5/2022 at 10:14 PM, Trini said:

Wish we had seen a bit more of Thony and Fiona's actual cleaning business and the clinic this season.

Do the business and the clinic really exist, or is it just a front for Thorny to cover up all her illegal activity?

43 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

Do the business and the clinic really exist, or is it just a front for Thorny to cover up all her illegal activity?

The clinic itself is illegal, Thony has no valid American state license. The prescription meds get the DEA attention as much as the street drugs riding along for the gangsters 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Raja said:

The clinic itself is illegal, Thony has no valid American state license. The prescription meds get the DEA attention as much as the street drugs riding along for the gangsters 

Does the clinic actually examine and treat patients, or is it just Thorny handing out her illegal drugs and stocking up on supplies to treat her son?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eel21788 said:

Does the clinic actually examine and treat patients, or is it just Thorny handing out her illegal drugs and stocking up on supplies to treat her son?

👩‍🔬 Only emergency medicine and surgery is telegenic.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, Raja said:

👩‍🔬 Only emergency medicine and surgery is telegenic.

Crying Boy: Dr. Thony, I have a splinter in my finger...

Thony: This is insulting... Chris! Throw him down the stairs, then bring him back...

I agree with others that the show choosing not to pursue the Arman/Thony chemistry is weird - I can undertand slowing it down but the show basically just completely stopped it except to have Nadia constantly bring it up.

I don't actually blame Thony for saving Kamdar - because Luca will die without that medicine - but she's put a target on Nadia and Arman's backs.  I mean - it's ridiculous that Kamdar is suspicious about his heart attack - it could literally happen to anyone - so it really shouldn't put targets on their backs, but Kamdar has been darn near omnipotent this season that he seems to be 10 steps ahead of everyone.

But Nadia showing herself to be aligned with Arman still is what Kamdar will focus on - I've been feeling for weeks now that Nadia underestimated how evil Kamdar is and that she was playing with fire with him.  I don't want her to die this season.  I actually don't even want Kamdar to die - he's been an AMAZING villain - but at the same time I hate seeing Arman so downtrodden.

I think part of the chemistry with Arman/Thony was also due to him being able to help Thony.  He was a bad guy but he was kinda like a Prince Charming character - essentially the heir to Hayek's criminal enterprise to Thony's crime cleaning lady Cinderella.  This season, it's different and some of that dark fairytale magic has gone because Arman is without a kingdom (and humiliated by the new king Kamdar) and Thony is falling deeper into the dark trying to help him, Luca and get out from under Kamdar.

I do think even without Thony, Arman would still be trying to kill Kamdar - it's just that he would have been successful if Thony hadn't been there to save him.

I do hope we get a season 3 though - even though I miss Armony, I think this season in some ways is better than season 1.  

Also - if the show kills Luca that's the end of the tension.  That's the only reason Thony was in this mess to begin with.  If the show wants to go there, it can, a la Hunger Games, but that would be the end of the show I suspect.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 12/6/2022 at 11:21 PM, rr2911 said:

I continue to shake my head of all the debris Thony has left in her quest to protect her fameelee and Lucahh.

If Thorny or Marco had taken Luca back to the Philippines after his transplant, then the experimental drug would have been available to him there. It never would have been necessary for Thorny to have continued her crime spree on the pretense that she was doing the wrong things for the right reasons. She'll find a way to justify it anyway and never, ever admit that she made the wrong decision.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:21 PM, rr2911 said:

JD packs up the kids and gets as far away from Thony! 

Hopefully, that will include Luca.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, phoenics said:

I think part of the chemistry with Arman/Thony was also due to him being able to help Thony.  He was a bad guy but he was kinda like a Prince Charming character - essentially the heir to Hayek's criminal enterprise to Thony's crime cleaning lady Cinderella.  This season, it's different and some of that dark fairytale magic has gone because Arman is without a kingdom (and humiliated by the new king Kamdar) and Thony is falling deeper into the dark trying to help him, Luca and get out from under Kamdar.

I agree; besides not giving them any romantic scenes, I think the change in the power dynamics is a big factor in Armony being lukewarm this season.

5 hours ago, phoenics said:

I do hope we get a season 3 though - even though I miss Armony, I think this season in some ways is better than season 1.  

I'm not sure how I'd rank the seasons (depends on how the finale goes), but for me at the moment I think they're pretty even. There are some things that were better in Season 1, but some things are better this season. ::shrug::

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, phoenics said:

And remember Hayak's criminal enterprise was focused on mostly supplying rebels, and the survivalist's cult overseas. Throw out the murder at the MMA fight and you couldn't get a much cleaner criminal gang if you had to have a criminal gang.  Now while trying to do no harm with the new gang Arman is bringing in stuff which might give Thony some patients 

5 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Fiona will get coerced into donating part of hers.

It was such a big deal last season coercing La Bamba to not bail on his promise... pretty sure there are no other donors in CA / NV area...

• LOL 1
24 minutes ago, paigow said:

It was such a big deal last season coercing La Bamba to not bail on his promise... pretty sure there are no other donors in CA / NV area...

If Arman can kill Kamdar he can get Thorny to harvest his liver for Luca.