Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: We've Been Here Before

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

Good to see this back. I’m surprised no one has posted. 
I was distracted throughout the show by seeing how much Christina Applegate looks like Amy Schumer! They could play sisters. Wonder where they will go with the shadows on Judy’s CT scan. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Good to see this back. I’m surprised no one has posted. 

Wasn't it just released yesterday?

I watched this episode last night, and loved it.  It was perfectly paced, and the cutting back and forth between Judy in the hallway with Ben and Jen in the exam room with the doctor was great.

And even though I knew the doctor thought he was talking to Judy, that didn't take anything away from the impact of Jen realizing it.

I frequently hate Jen's oldest son, but his confusion in this one was well played.

There is so much shit about to hit the fan at once, and can't wait to see how it plays out, but I find myself glad I don't have time to binge watch.  I always regret it when I do that, because then there's nothing left to look forward to (especially in a situation like this, where it's the final season).

The cops at the burial site were comedy gold.  I love both those characters.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Well I didn't quite binge the whole thing but I did watch 6 episodes in one sitting.  I kept meaning to stop but have no self-control!  And yes, I also thought Christina Applegate could have passed for Amy Schumer, but of course the neck wrap was making her face look extra full.  She is so brave to finish filming the series, and those of us who absolutely loved the first 2 seasons thank her very much.

Edited by bigmag
  • Like 2
  • Love 13

I binged the whole thing again! I have no self control. 

CA has my prayers for her health and I was totally focused on both ladies and the stories being played out. I read in an interview she didn’t think some viewers would be able to get past some physical issues she is struggling with, like her weight gain. It was a total non issue for me. I can’t thank her enough for putting herself through what she needed to give us Season 3. 

Can’t wait to read more thoughts on the series as others finish it.

• Like 2
  • Love 10

Maybe I should have had the previous seasons running this week, as I did other things, because I can only remember a little bit of what happened. I see the one cop talking to one of them on the phone, and can't remember her knowing about anything. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Anela said:

Maybe I should have had the previous seasons running this week, as I did other things, because I can only remember a little bit of what happened.

There's a Season 2 recap, just like there is for Season 1, but I couldn't get 2 to play, so I just went ahead and dove in.

3 hours ago, Anela said:

I see the one cop talking to one of them on the phone, and can't remember her knowing about anything. 

Perez is the one who decided not to arrest Jen, or tell anyone else about her confession when they couldn't find Steve's body.  They bonded over having lost their moms, and Jen's fear for her kids with their dad dead and mom in prison, and Perez said she just wanted to be a person, not a cop, today.  It's ridiculous, totally, but the actor actually sold it, that she'd be feeling like that in the moment.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Bastet said:

There's a Season 2 recap, just like there is for Season 1, but I couldn't get 2 to play, so I just went ahead and dove in.

Perez is the one who decided not to arrest Jen, or tell anyone else about her confession when they couldn't find Steve's body.  They bonded over having lost their moms, and Jen's fear for her kids with their dad dead and mom in prison, and Perez said she just wanted to be a person, not a cop, today.  It's ridiculous, totally, but the actor actually sold it, that she'd be feeling like that in the moment.

Thanks Bastet.

I'm so impressed by Christina Applegate, she's doing a great job under really rough circumstances. I really appreciate that she gave us this final season to wrap things up, she's a real fighter. I thought the start of the episode was really strong, so much going on so many secrets. Hopefully Jen tells Judy the truth soon! 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Instead of just settling in to properly absorb the last half of season three that I blew through in a rush to see how it ended before leaving for Thanksgiving, I decided to re-watch the entire series.

If I didn't know about Christina Applegate's MS, I certainly wouldn't have noticed she's always sitting or lying down in this one, since it made perfect sense given the accident the characters were in.  Knowing how limited she'd become by the time this was filmed, it made me sad to watch her dance, ride the exercise bike, etc. in re-watching the first two seasons.

As for this episode, one little moment that made me laugh on both watches is when Perez and Nick talk about yogurt.  I hate it, so I have no idea if grocery stores are perpetually out of Chobani, but I love when Perez played off her call from Jen by saying it was her Instacart shopper, the store is out of her yogurt, and he immediately guesses "Chobani?" and they bond over how stores are always out.  I love both characters individually and together, and this was a just a fun little moment between them in the midst of the oh shit, they found the body scene.

I also like when drunk-ass Ben tells Charlie "You're a good man, Charlie Brown" and then admonishes himself, saying he bets Charlie gets that all the time and hates it, and Charlie says his dad used to call him that, and he doesn't hate it.  I spend so much time annoyed with the little shit I like the glimpses when I remember he's organically a little shit, given his age, his recent loss, and his increasing realizations about his mom, and he also has these moments to balance it out.

• Love 3

Just swiping meds from a hospital… I need my thumbprint to get into the room. Then I have to put in my user name and password before the case opens and I have to push a button on how many items I took from the shelf. All this for me to get a comb! Never mind an aspirin! I rolled my eyes at Judy swiping the big ass bottle of prescription pills!

• Useful 1