Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: Los Angeles in the Media

• Start Topic

There will be press for the actors as they promote the new season but also the new day and time-slot.

Daniela got a jump on the press by co-hosting Extra w. Mario Lopez yesterday. There's a quick sneak peek, or glance, at Densi in the season premiere. 

Folks who follow ratings should prepare for news tomorrow that there is a massive ratings drop from where the show was last year.  Don't panic.  The key will be how the show compares to what was in this new timeslot last year.  I don't know what that number was, but I know it was significantly less than Tuesday numbers.

This is a horrible timeslot:  NFL, Blacklist, Castle.  It will be interesting to see what satisfies the network regarding ratings in this new day/time.

As Pennben suggested, ratings were unsurprisingly way down on last year - the premiere got 9.4 million and a 1.9 in the demo, down from the finale at 14.9/2.5. That's probably not bad at all, as long as it doesn't sink much further. It's a tough time slot and so far they're holding their own.

That's not good, not awful.  Was at the level of the last show on Monday that wasn't renewed.  Perhaps live plus DVR will be better? This timeslot is a blackhole for CBS.

I wonder whether they'd be better with a Tuesday NCIS 3 hour block that destroys or plugging a hole elsewhere that limits damage?  Shonda Rhimes and her production company just destroyed everything in her wake on her 3 hour block on Thursday.

I'm just a hobbyist when it comes to ratings and all else relating to show business, but these actors just lost a lot of money, because they lost any leverage they had in getting a big payout based on ratings in contract renegotiations when they are up.

Edited by pennben

I just saw that tonight's Extra will be on the set of NCISLA. I haven't seen a single tweet or other promo about this. Has CBS thrown NCISLA under the bus, or have the publicists fallen down on the job? Sure seems like the network doesn't give a crap about this show anymore.

Fan Q&A with NCIS: LA’s Daniela Ruah and Eric Christian Olsen

Why do I feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread? lmao.

Press Releases for upcoming episodes:

Episode 6.08 - The Grey Man
Kensi & Deeks go undercover to investigate the murder of a homeless man who was a former marine and CIA agent & discover his connection to the Mexican cartel.
Monday, November 17th

Episode 6.09 - Traitor
After Granger is poisoned by the mole & Eric is one of the seven suspects, Hetty orders a lockdown while everyone is investigated.
Monday, November 24th

Press release for 6x12 "Spiral" a.k.a the first new episode of the year: Monday; January 5th. 

While Callen is undercover in the mail room of an office building to investigate an arms dealer, it is taken over by terrorists and Callen becomes a hostage. When the team arrives to help, they discover the entire building is wired with explosives

Written by: Dave Kalstein and directed by: Larry Teng

ETA:

BTS Picture: Daniela, Eric, Chris, and [guest star] Angelique Cabral

BTS Picture: Daniela, [director] Dennis Smith, and [guest star] Angelique Cabral

Edited by Samantha84

Hello my fellow NCIS:LA fans! Happy holidays to you all! 

Here is scoop on Monday's all new episode, "Spiral".

Promo

Sneak Peek #1

Sneak Peek #2

FYI: "Spiral" was filmed before Humbug ... but Dave [Kalstein; writer] shares this little tidbit regarding Densi:

I wrote “Spiral” knowing about Kensi & Deeks in “Humbug”…fun! But it features my best Callen & Sam scene ever. Monday on CBS!

Sneak Peek: Dave {Kalstein} has already written another episode for later this season. 

As y'all know he wrote tonight's episode, "Spiral". 

ETA:

6x14 {production number} is written by Dave Kalstein and will guest star Ernie Reyes, Jr a.k.a the Ghurka who guest starred on Frozen Lake. Which Dave also wrote. 

6x13 ... "In The Line Of Duty"

After U.S. Ambassador Nancy Kelly {guest star Julie Chen; CBS The Talk}narrowly escapes a terrorist attack at the U.S. consulate in Tunisia, Callen and Sam are sent on a secret, dangerous mission to obtain key evidence from the crime scene. Upon their return, the team seeks Kelly’s help to provide missing information.  Monday, Jan. 19

Edited by Samantha84
I wouldn't consider the relationship to be a secret, given that they were kissing in full view at the ice rink in Humbug.

If anyone saw them it was likely Callen since he was skating around -- Sam was over there w his family so perhaps not. But I suspect they all knew about Densi. Hetty for sure, Sam, and Callen. Next week's episode is good; can't wait for it to air. 

ETA: 

Exclusive NCIS: LA Sneak Peek: Kensi and Deeks Have Their First Fight!

Watch out for Daniela in this episode. Kinda reminds of her knife fight in "Blye, K. [pt 2]" but x 10. 

ETA [pt.2]

6.17 - "Savoir Faire"

While the team investigates the death of one of three Afghanistan soldiers who are training in the U.S., they discover two other soldiers are missing and must find them before they’re forced to reveal classified military operations to their captors. Also, Sam is back to work but his team worries it may be too soon, and Callen realizes he has very little in common with his partner.

Airdate: Monday, March 9

Edited by Samantha84

I think I'm allowed to post again, since it's been a few days.

I'm grouchy.  The episode descriptions are misleading.  There was the whole "Deeks is unhappy with Densi/Callen hook up" and it wasn't there.  Maybe one look, but zero actuality.

Then we were (by the media) mislead that the old character who was coming back was going to affect Deeks.  The guy returning is related to CALLEN and SAM (not a spoiler since all the promos are out).

Don't get me wrong, I love what what they are doing- I loved Rage, I am sure I will love Beacon but the Media/CBS need to stop being what is borderline dishonest with their articles etc.

Yeah, the promo monkeys are getting old. But it's what they always do. 

I take comfort from the fact that the promos and marketing are done by CBS and not the show staff themselves. At least we know Shane and Co. aren't trying to mess with us deliberately (at least about this!).

Yeah, the promo monkeys are getting old. But it's what they always do. 

I take comfort from the fact that the promos and marketing are done by CBS and not the show staff themselves. At least we know Shane and Co. aren't trying to mess with us deliberately (at least about this!).

I wonder if now that LL Cool J's side project has gone viral it won't be a thumb on the scales for giving it a little more time.

Edited by Julia

Do you think this is for next season?  'Cause I thought they were pretty much done with this season, but the past couple of years they've shot a couple of episodes for the following season before wrapping the current one.  If so, that would be doubly good.  First, I've been dying to see Tony on NCIS: LA forever (I mean, Tony and Deeks?  come on son!) and second, it would seem to mean for certain that NCIS:LA has been confirmed for Season 7.

The only thing better than putting Deeks and Dinozzo in the same room is seeing Sam's reaction

and Hetty's reaction to DiNozzo's verbal overshare has got to be the cherry on that sundae.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

Hasn't the director been over a couple of times? And there was a two-parter where Gibbs was all hostile with the blonde special agent (whose name I can't ever remember) because she'd investigated the shooting of the drug kingpin he killed, and the psychologist (whose name also escapes me) talked him down.

Edited by Julia