Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: Los Angeles in the Media

• Start Topic

TVLine Inside Scoop

Any news on whether we’ll finally get a “Deeks, M” NCIS: Los Angeles episode, exploring more of Deeks’ past? –Karen

As has become an annual tradition of sorts, I brought this question, again, to showrunner Scott Gemmill, and this time he answered, “I think, actually, it’s probably time. I just have to make sure that Eric [Christian Olsen, who plays Deeks] doesn’t write it himself. He writes [an episode] usually once a year.”

TVLine, Matt's Inside Line

Anything NCIS: LA-related would be awesome! –Ellie

“Down the line,” showrunner R. Scott Gemmill told me, “we are going to introduce someone that Rountree used to work with from the FBI. Basically, it was a love interest that kind of went a little awry, so suddenly he’s forced to work with someone he might not’ve called back when he should have, that sort of thing. It also creates some fun with him and Fatima.”

From TVLine, Matt's Inside Line

Any word on if we’ll get an NCIS: LA Christmas episode this season? –McKenzie

There was no mention of the procedural in CBS’ recent blast about Christmastime fare, and I have since confirmed that, alas, its viewers won’t get one this year.

Any news on whether Nate Getz will return in NCIS: Los Angeles Season 14 and help Callen recover some of his repressed memories? –Diddy
Ugh, I hate bearing the bearer of bad news twice in a row. But nope, no plans at this time for another visit from Peter Cambor.

NCIS: LA Director Daniela Ruah Talks About Revisiting Deeks Family's Tragic Past, Lightly Teases NCIS Crossover

In Ruah’s latest directorial effort, the NCIS team is called on to investigate when a woman is seen fleeing the scene of her husband’s murder. Elsewhere, Roberta Deeks returns to town to meet Marty and Kensi’s daughter Rosa, while Callen shares with Anna his most honest feelings about their pending nuptials.

TVLine spoke with Ruah about the special subject matter touched on in this episode, Kensi and Deeks’ recent disappearing act, next year’s three-way NCIS crossover and more.

, The Agents of NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: Hawai'i Meet Cute in BTS Crossover Photos — 2023 First Look

TVLine’s 2023 First Look series continues with a trio of exclusive behind-the-scenes photos from the Monday, Jan. 2 crossover between the NCIS mothership and offshoots NCIS: Hawai’i and NCIS: Los Angeles.

That night at 10/9c, in the NCIS: LA episode “A Long Time Coming,” while Agent Rountree and Fatima are searching for an MIA Kilbride, they are ambushed and learn that every member of the team has a $200,000 bounty on their head via the dark web. (NCIS‘ Gary Cole and Wilmer Valderrama, and NCIS: Hawai’i‘s Vanessa Lachey and Yasmine Al-Bustami, guest-star.)

How will I go to sleep on Sundays without getting black out drunk taking a shot every time I hear "Rosa"?

Will Linda Hunt be well enough to make an appearance at the end and resolve her issues with Callen or will we get another wonky audio file?  Also, what's the over under on the meerkats showing up?

Depending on how things run for Hawai'i and the mothership, NCIS stands be like CSI where the spinoffs get canclled before the original.

I'm a little sad but mostly glad it's ending.   Fatima and especially Roundtree aren't that engaging and it just seems kind of pathetic with the way at least one of the leads are always out.   It's kind of like K Mart where you're like "This was an institution.  Why is this store still open?  Wait, is this store still open?  Or did I wander into an indoor flea market?"

• Like 2

Yeah, after 14 seasons I think it's time. I stopped watching probably two years ago. It just wasn't engaging anymore after Linda checked out. It's funny how you don't realize til a character is gone how much they hold the ensemble together.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Maverick said:

Will Linda Hunt be well enough to make an appearance at the end and resolve her issues with Callen or will we get another wonky audio file? 

I hope she'll make an appearance. Between masks, proper ventilation, UV lights, PCR tests and the possibility to shoot outdoors, they should be able to keep her healthy. (Which, as I understand it, is the reason she's been absent).

Also, what's the over under on the meerkats showing up?

If it ends with Anna and Callen's wedding then I think they're going to be there if the actors are available.

I'm a little sad but mostly glad it's ending.   Fatima and especially Roundtree aren't that engaging and it just seems kind of pathetic with the way at least one of the leads are always out.  

I agree. I think the only way the show would have stood a chance to continue is by doing what the mothership has done and sort of start fresh. Yes, Parker came in after the others but because he's such a different character, it feels like in some way, they've reset things. At the same time, you can still recognize the characteristics. NCIS LA has done the opposite, more or less. With Kilbride, they've brought in a character who's trying to change things and change the nature of the team. Never a good idea. And a rotating cast also doesn't help.

It sucks for the younger actors but the writing was on the wall for a while now. Ending with a wedding would be neat. Since they have run Hetty's character to the ground several seasons ago I don't mind if she's not around or just facetimes. Linda Hunt's health is more important.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MissLucas said:

It sucks for the younger actors but the writing was on the wall for a while now. Ending with a wedding would be neat. Since they have run Hetty's character to the ground several seasons ago I don't mind if she's not around or just facetimes. Linda Hunt's health is more important.

Good point. This is still the big break job for the younger few: Fatima, Roundtree, Rosa, and the younger lady Shyla assistant to Kilbride (I only watched LA on the crossover). The main 4 (especially LL & O'Donnell) have more millions than they ever need.

I can't understand fans demanding Hetty's return like it's the showrunners' fault. That's Linda Hunt's choice I suppose. I know the same thing will happen when NCIS eventually ends with fans demanding Gibbs in the series finale, hopefully many years later.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Poohpoohpooh said:

I can't understand fans demanding Hetty's return like it's the showrunners' fault. That's Linda Hunt's choice I suppose. I know the same thing will happen when NCIS eventually ends with fans demanding Gibbs in the series finale, hopefully many years later.

It's not really the same though. Gibbs retired, Hetty didn't retire. They've written her out when the pandemic started and have continued to write her out by giving her mysterious and very dangerous oversea assignments but she's technically still part of the team. There's also unfinished business with Callen and it would not be entirely fair to him if he didn't get to resolve it.

They addressed it in one of the episodes this season, though, so the plan seems to be to give him the possibility to resolve it.

• Like 1
On 1/22/2023 at 2:29 PM, Poohpoohpooh said:

It IS the showrunner's fault that Hetty's character has been AWOL for 4+ seasons. The showrunner is supposed to make the tough decisions. If Linda Hunt can't work regularly because of health issues, that's understandable, but then RETIRE HER CHARACTER. This whole "Hetty's on another secret mission" was stupid, and she's not doing her job as Operations Manager if she's always absent. 

On 1/22/2023 at 9:47 PM, CheshireCat said:

There's also unfinished business with Callen and it would not be entirely fair to him if he didn't get to resolve it.

This is the reason she has to come back for at least one episode. The writers have already dropped the ball on a lot of stories (Remember Katherine? What's happened to Zasha and Keane? Who expunged Anna's criminal record?).

I'm sorry they're going to waste at least one episode introducing Kilbride's ex-wife. Who the heck cares about her or his son when the show's ending? Another of many dumb decisions by the showrunner. If the showrunner had made better decisions--and they had better writers--the show might've lasted another season or two. It's time for it to end.