Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: Los Angeles in the Media

• Start Topic

I don't think either of them is going anywhere anytime soon--it's a steady job, and they both have families. However, I'm not sure about the show itself. Ratings weren't amazing last year and obviously CBS has changed the day, which could indicate that its getting ready to pull the plug if ratings don't improve. And I agree that the article is a whole lot of nothing, because while I'm sure it will come up, I think the more pressing issue will be whatever storyline they've concocted to hide the pregnancy. It doesn't sound like it's an in-character pregnancy, but rather some other life situation that causes her to need to take a break from the team. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Hetty really needs to work on her background checks. Clearly, something is not working.

Lol I agree but Hetty is awesomeness combined and forget Densi gimme more Hetty scenes and story arcs fur her ??! Hetty ,Callen , and Sam are the reasons I watch this series and keep tuning  in ! As fur Densi they're ok but can take em or leave em either way works for 

me but I'd like to see Nate come back full time though ?

• Love 1

This is so terribly sad, and he was relatively young too. I'm glad he was well enough, and strong enough, to work until recently, what a consummate professional. Good on him. Good actor.

Fuck cancer.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Lebanna said:

I'm glad he was well enough, and strong enough, to work until recently, what a consummate professional.

This.

I am so saddened to hear of his death.

The rest of the cast and crew must be devastated.

RIP, Miguel.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 4

This probably shouldn't be a big shock, given how it was clear from watching the show that his heath was worsening, but I was taken aback all the same. This is extremely sad news, and my thoughts are with his family and the NCIS LA family, who I'm sure will miss him terribly. 

It was clearly important to him to keep his medical issues private and to work for as long as possible, and he was extremely successful in both those regards. I'm grateful that we had Granger for as long as we did. 

• Love 9

Oh crap.  I liked him so much.  

Sympathy to his family and friends.  He put up a hell of a fight, and right up until the end, he was acting and doing what he loved best.  Such a talent, and such a wonderful man.  

And yes, fuck cancer.

• Love 2

Good lord, how terribly sad.  I am so woefully behind this season but had been reading others saying how he didn't seem well. 

I guess, as far as him potentially being the mole, if you know you are going out, go out memorably.  It actually could be seen as his final gift to the fans if he was the mole, meaning that this ridiculous recurring plot would finally be over.

9 hours ago, secnarf said:

That is terrible. No words.

Edited to add: Statement from George Clooney indicates that it was throat cancer, which probably explains the recent changes in his speech.

RIP, condolences to family.

As others have noted one could tell he was sick and put up a heck of a fight. Throat cancer is a nasty one because of the area. They can slow or halt the cancer but the cure or treatment side effects are literally the real killer. It's tougher to eat and breathe which weakens the body. I'm assuming they're about 2-3 months ahead on filming but even then you could tell it was an effort. I think that's why they critically wounded him, the actor and then staff understood his capabilities.

RIP

9 hours ago, secnarf said:
14 minutes ago, Bobbin said:

Assistant Director Granger, the Zack Addy of NCIS:LA?

Perhaps?  Isn't the last season of that show still on the air (nudge, nudge)?

Edited by pennben

This just makes me so sad. It just seems so sudden (even though it wasn't - you could tell he was unwell), he was just on Sunday!!! I love Granger, second to Deeks he was my favorite. 

Condolences to his family and friends. The set must be very hard right now.

Edited to add: if you can go to instagram and read the posts his costars put up about Miguel. Especially the one from Eric Olsen. Really, very, very sweet.

Edited by callie lee 29
  • Love 3

Dang it.  Granger was one of the most interesting and complex characters on TV, and Miguel did him so very, very well.  He really kept us wondering if Granger was a good guy, a bad guy, or just a general by-the-book asshole.

I had forgotten his mother was Rosemary Clooney, and that he was therefore related to George Clooney.  Those must have been some very interesting family holiday dinners, back in the day...

I hope the writers do something interesting with the rest of his character arc, but I don't want him to have been the mole--I just can't see Granger being responsible for agents' deaths.  Maybe we'll learn he's been working a long term deep undercover sting to ferret out the corruption in the agency, and that Granger actually has a blonde bombshell trophy wife and 2.4 kids in the suburbs and coaches his daughter's softball team.

RIP, Miguel.  You will be missed.

• Love 4

So I'm not quite sure where to put this question, but I'm going on my first , real, actually fun vacation  this weekend. I'm going to be on a boat in the Caribbean  and won't dock until Monday.   

HOW AM I GOING TO WATCH THIS SUNDAYS SHOW??????? I'm trying to find a way to stream it live on the boat. Can you get cable on a cruise? Satellite?

Help...... me......:(

I wonder if we will see any mention of his character death on the mothership.  After all Granger was an Assistant Director of NCIS and presumably will die of the wounds gotten in the line of duty.    

Is it because Harmon doesn't like the show or something? Where does this tension come from? I've never noticed it before, but it does seem like there's a fair amount of crossover between NCIS and New Orleans, whereas LA gets crumbs.

I'm not sure what prompted the split, but it's been apparent for quite awhile.  I do know that the current EP (maybe the one that died?) of NCIS and Harmon are executive producers of the NO version, it's their baby and financial cash cow for them now, so they've given it tons of support (including LA's old time slot:)).   I know the EP of LA left the mothership to do this one (maybe a loyalty issue for Harmon?).  I also think it was the cause of the Bellasario lawsuit about profits to him from spinoffs, so that could have something to do with it (although it would seem NO is also a spinoff, so I don't know)?

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

I don't know the details but I have to think that there is some person that oversees all three shows (maybe the production company or something?) who could put a stop to it. I mean, someone had the bright idea to have Tony Dinozzo show up in LA last season so clearly cross-overs are possible. 

And I'm not saying we need tons of cross-overs. But incorporating major plot points from one of the shows, when it affects all the others, should be happening. Mothership killed off the Secretary of the Navy a couple of seasons ago. That darned well should be getting a mention on LA, which costs Harmon et al nothing. And vice versa, when Granger dies and at this point that is a sad given, the Mothership might want to mention in passing that an Assistant Director was killed in the custody of LAPD. I would think Vance would have something to say about that. It's sloppy storytelling otherwise.

The lack of cross-references between shows doesn't bother me as a viewer, it's just something I've noticed as a viewer of gossip/wondering about behind the scenes that I find fascinating.

Edited by pennben

It's definitely interesting. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff happening that we don't know about. Look at what happened with Castle and Criminal Minds. Tbh I was shocked when Gibson's anger and drinking issues came to light.

I never knew NO took LA's slot, and with Harmon financially invested in NO is does make you think. It'll be interesting to see what now happens with the Assistant Director position. Whether Vance will appear more often, or a new character will take over.

4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

LL Cool J Speaks on "NCIS: Los Angeles" and "Lip Sync Battle"

So, LL says a "cast member," and to me, that means one of the regulars, not Michelle Hanna, Kam, or Sabatino. I'm sure one (or all) of them will die, but their deaths wouldn't be very important to viewers; I mean Michelle and Kam haven't been in any episodes this season and Sabatino only 2--so no one would miss them if they never were in another episode. Whoever dies, the show will survive. NCIS has killed off multiple regulars and is still going strong. I'm actually looking forward to something shocking. "Found" was one of the best episodes in season 1 even though I hated to see Dom get killed. It's way past time to kill off another team member (I'm pretty sure it's not G or Sam because there are pics of them from season 9).

Edited by 123BP