Type keyword(s) to search

NCIS: Los Angeles in the Media

• Start Topic

My point was more than since Vance has appeared on LA, the shows act as if they are barely related anymore.

In any case, I'm excited to see DiNozzo in LA and I need DiNozzo and Deeks to hit it off and Sam to roll his eyes. As long as we also get competant Tony and not clown Tony.

• Love 1

Aside from Legend 1/2 (which technically were episodes of the mothership, not LA) we've seen Abby on here twice (once in person, once on the big screen and both first season) and Vance 4 times (one first season, one second season, one third season and one sixth season). Outside of these appearances, there really hasn't been mentions on either show regarding the existence of the other. 

Which makes a DiNozzo visit all the more exciting. Putting him and Deeks in the same room will be epic. I'm really hoping they bond, especially since Tony was street cop and detective for many years. There is a lot of common ground here.

The only way this could be better was if we got a full crew crossover in both directions. Wouldn't you love to see Gibbs run smack into Hetty/Granger and conversely see our LA crew's reaction to 'grab your gear'?

They were supposed to be doing that story last season. I assumed it was yet another plotline that they talked up and then dropped (they seem to do that a lot), so it's nice to see that it's finally happening.

• Love 1

Per Matt's Inside Line at TVLine:

Got any scoop on Michael Weatherly’s NCIS: LA appearance you feel like sharing? –Michelle

NCIS: LA boss Shane Brennan says that Weatherly’s crossover visit fuels one of the spinoff’s “Top 5” episodes ever, triggered by “a classic DiNozzo moment in which he’s in Los Angeles to pick someone up from an airplane and, goodness me, they’re not there. He’s about to be in serious trouble with his superiors, so he needs the help of our team in L.A. to find the person he was supposed to pick up.” Sharing moments with Hetty, Deeks, Sam et al, Weatherly’s scenes are “amazing,” Eric Christian Olsen raves. “He’s such a gifted actor, so good with comedy and drama,” perhaps no more so than when paired with Deeks. “I am his spirit animal. He is my spirit animal,” Olsen declares. “One of us is one of us’ spirit animal.”

“I am his spirit animal. He is my spirit animal,” Olsen declares. “One of us is one of us’ spirit animal.”

I like that.  Sounds like he has a good sense of humour.

It tells me the video is not available.  Is it not working for anyone or is it because I'm in Canada?

I love the photo of them in the 1940's costumes!

Edited by Trey

Thanks so much for that link!  The panel was really adorable.  They seem like such a fun group of people.  The chemistry all the characters have on the show clearly comes from their real life interactions.

• Love 1

Alert:

CBS Replaces Monday's Terrorism-Themed Supergirl, NCIS: LA Episodes in Wake of Paris Attacks
By Michael Ausiello / November 15 2015, 8:33 AM PST

Different episodes of each series will air instead. According to a CBS insider, the move was made “out of sensitivity and respect to the events that occurred.”
The scrapped Supergirl episode had Kara dealing with bombings throughout National City, while the NCIS: Los Angeles outing dealt with ISIS recruiting young women.

More to come…

• Love 2

"The “NCIS: LA” episode was to have revolved around the search for a teenage girl who has been recruited into a terrorist organization. The new episode, “The Long Goodbye,” focuses on the search for a missing woman, Jada, that LL Cool J’s Sam Hanna character helped earn asylum in the U.S. four years ago."

The Long Goodbye was originally scheduled for the winter finale on Dec. 7.

TVLine:

Ratings: NCIS: LA Hits 10-Month Highs as All CBS Dramas Surge

By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 5 2016, 8:38 AM PST

CBS’ Monday drama lineup rang in the new year with significant across-the-board gains.

Opening the Eye’s night, Supergirl returned to 8.8 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, up 20 percent from its last fresh outing to hit and match its best numbers since Week 2.

A “chilling” Scorpion then did 11.5 mil and a 2.1, drawing its biggest audience since Feb. 9 and a best-since-premiere rating. Come 10 pm, a highly entertaining episode of NCIS: LA put up 10.5 mil/1.6, its best numbers since March 9.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

NBC | Superstore (6 mil/1.7) and Telenovela (4.5 mil/1.3) somewhat improbably more than doubled their most recent fresh episodes, while the rejiggered The Biggest Loser (3.8 mil/1.2) shed 30 and 25 percent from its previous premiere.

ABC | The Bachelor opened its new season with 7.5 mil and a 2.2, matching its previous premiere and edging out Scorpion for the nightly demo win. The aftershow did 4.1 mil/1.1, matching Castle‘s most recent rating though down a good 35 percent in total audience.

FOX | Superhuman averaged 3.6 mil and a 1.2 across its two-hour run.

So, Eric Christian Olsen just revealed on his Twitter (yes, I follow, shoot me :) that he and his wife are expecting a new baby!  Of course, that immediately made me wonder if Daniela Ruah, his sister-in-law, might be planning a similar family expansion (since their initial kids were born within a few months of each other).  If so, I really hope they write it into the story.  I think they've laid the groundwork so well, especially this season, that a kid for Kensi and Deeks might almost be a logical next step.  I think it would open up the show in interesting ways, and I would love to see how all the characters handled it.

• Love 1

So, Eric Christian Olsen just revealed on his Twitter (yes, I follow, shoot me :) that he and his wife are expecting a new baby!  Of course, that immediately made me wonder if Daniela Ruah, his sister-in-law, might be planning a similar family expansion (since their initial kids were born within a few months of each other).  If so, I really hope they write it into the story.  I think they've laid the groundwork so well, especially this season, that a kid for Kensi and Deeks might almost be a logical next step.  I think it would open up the show in interesting ways, and I would love to see how all the characters handled it.

Apparently she is.....Daniela Ruah has announced she is pregnant with her second child.    NOw the $64,000 question is whether we will see a baby for Kensi and Deeks.  in the picture she looks far enough along that the writers have known for several months.  

• Love 1

I don't know. Production starts up again in mid-July. If the baby isn't due until fall, then that's probably 2-3 months to either shoot around or have written in. And then 6-8 weeks off after the baby comes. From a writer standpoint, it's probably a heck of a lot easier to end this season with Kensi being revealed as pregnant and then start next season a few months down the road. And that provides an in-universe reason for her to miss a few episodes in the fall as well. What are they going to do with 3 episodes left this season (that are already in the can)? Send her back to Afghanistan? 

• Love 1
On 2/25/2016 at 0:21 PM, anna0852 said:

Congrats to them!

I really hope we see a Kensi/Deeks baby before the end of show. I agree that it would really be an entertaining addition. 

Why not? A child for a show filled with childish antics and juvenile behavior. Can't get any worse. Hopefully they suffer the same fate as Castle and Beckett.

• Love 1
(edited)

Shane Brennan no longer showrunner for NCIS:LA:

NCIS: Los Angeles creator Shane Brennan has signed a new two-year overall deal with NCIS producer CBS TV Studios for his production company Shane Brennan Productions. Under the extension, Brennan will focus on development. He will remain an executive producer on NCIS: LA, which was renewed for an eighth season, but will step down as showrunner after steering the action drama for its first seven seasons. His No .2, longtime NCIS: LA exec producer R. Scott Gemmill, will take over.

I wonder if next season will be the show's last, or can they squeeze out a couple more seasons?

Edited by Trini

I'm not worried. Gemill has been around since the first season and written over 30 episodes. He knows the series. Show runners change. The DC mothership is on their 3rd and still going strong.

That seems like a story about nothing - there is really nothing of substance in there. It seems obvious that they are discussing this as a possibility, since the characters themselves have touched on the topic of having kids while both of them have dangerous jobs. Personally, I hope they don't go the route of having Kensi leave or switch to a desk job, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had one of them go.