Type keyword(s) to search

Fandom and Viewer Issues: "Fan" Is Short for "Fanatic"

Emma
  • Start Topic

Does Twitter put people who have more replies near the top?  I wish some of those obnoxious comments could get buried.  Can't believe how worked up they're getting over a simple photo.

JMo mostly direct posts from Instagram these days. I doubt she checks her twitter @ mentions regularly. She got tired of constantly having to explain herself.

Wow! Some of those tweets are downright beyond the pale. I reported one. 

Edited by Rumsy4

Trolling through Jen's Insta, I find it kind of amusing that she never posts a pic of herself with Lana. (Now that I said it, she'll post a pic of her and Lana, like, tomorrow.) Clearly it annoys the SQ fans to no end. But then, maybe she knows that. I have this image of her, with a glass of wine and some popcorn, posting a pic of her and Colin, then sitting back, scrolling through her mentions and cackling madly.

• Love 5

I don't think Jen is trolling anyone. It was a some months ago I remember Jen made a post saying how it made her feel "heartsick" at some of the views attributed to her. It was after yet another twitter shitstorm directed against her. Ever since then, she just stopped giving a crap about the whining. She stopped giving in to placate fandom bullies (unlike say Adam), and has pretty much done what she wanted. 

• Love 6

Yeah, I don't think it's trolling if an actor posts a selfie with a co-star who is: a) their all-but-confirmed True Love on the show, b) one of the actors she works with the most, and c) someone who is a friend in real life. I also love how Jen and Colin's favorite episodes or arcs usually involve a lot of Captain Swan. I think they've both mentioned that the Season 3 finale was one of their favorite episodes to shoot, and Season 5 has also been one of their favorite seasons to date. I'm finding it difficult to find much praise from Jen about the whole Operation Mongoose business. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 5

Does Twitter put people who have more replies near the top?  I wish some of those obnoxious comments could get buried.  Can't believe how worked up they're getting over a simple photo.

What you see on the search site on the web or via Twitter phone app (and I mean the Twitter native one, not some other dashboard) as "Top tweets" is a selection and it is created by an algorithm, which Twitter doesn't reveal in detail. It takes into account retweets, likes (former favorites), interactions and more, showing tweets that many other users have engaged with (many is a relative term, if for that search the attention/engagement is in general low or, one retweet might be enough to bring the tweet on the top view). If a lot of people engage with one of those "obnoxious comments",it can end up high in the search when staying on the "Top Tweets" view. That includes angry replies as much as supporting - so the more you interact with someone tweeting something annoying it might help them to put them up on the top list. In this case the advice, "don't feed the trolls" is one to keep in mind.

If you switch to "Live" view (web) or "All Tweets" (mobile) you get to see tweets in chronological order and all of them, not just a selection. That view can give quite a different impression of things.

Edited by myril

So, I should feel ashame to like CS because that made me automatiquely a homophobic and racist... But it is OK to call the lead actress of the show and one half of your otp homophobic, a stupid blond bimbo, unprofessional, inadequate if her married co-star or even a closeted leasbian...I am sure I forgot some pearl.

I really do not understand why JMO seem less enthusiasms about SQ she really does not have any valide reason

The Twitter replies to her post are like a bunch of 7-year-olds trying to convince the teacher that the other one is more at fault. "Yes, bullies are bad! Just like CSers! Because they apparently said something bad about Lana." "Yes, bullies are bad! Just like SQers! Because they apparently said something bad about Jennifer."

This fandom is too much.

• Love 6

I am still getting hammered. I don't know how to stop it. lol I'm glad i have a thick skin and know this is just a you know fairytale show where it's meant to be for fun but if this what other people are getting and are not as thick skin as I am then I feel awful for them.

Block them all maybe? I think the nutter fans are completely out of control. Anyone tweets anything about the Show, they're there, ready to go off on perceived slights and "unfairness". I also think it's silly when people just tweet their ship name in response to any and every ONCE-related tweet. It's plain old harassment, any way you look at it.

There are a few who are yammering on about the E! Online article. Apparently, E! used a photo manip of Emma and Regina and then pulled it. The SQ fans keep going on about how it was because Captain Swan fans complained and I keep wanting to correct them. I mean seriously, someone at E! screwed up and pulled a photo they didn't own rights to so they had to switch it. It's as simple as that. But then I don't want to start poking that hornet's nest.

I kind of wish this last half season was the breaking point for SQ and those fans who keep threatening to quit the show who finally follow through with their threats.

There are a few who are yammering on about the E! Online article. Apparently, E! used a photo manip of Emma and Regina and then pulled it. The SQ fans keep going on about how it was because Captain Swan fans complained and I keep wanting to correct them. I mean seriously, someone at E! screwed up and pulled a photo they didn't own rights to so they had to switch it. It's as simple as that. But then I don't want to start poking that hornet's nest.

I kind of wish this last half season was the breaking point for SQ and those fans who keep threatening to quit the show who finally follow through with their threats.

Well technically some of the CS fans did complain and act bratty so I can see why SQ believe that is the reason. It's stupid though it's just E! Of course when they have some SQ fans complaining every single time Jennifer posts a picture, they don't really have room to be calling people out for their behavior. They do the exact same thing. Edited by Stuffy

I didn't get what the big deal was about the picture. Honestly who is Emma currently going to hell for? Why is the side where the writers obviously favors the ship is being petty? Let them have their manip pic as long as the owner is ok with it. Some CS fans can be embarrassing as well.

• Love 2

When will people (you know which people) learn to keep their fandom pet theories and speculations to themselves and not ask A&E about it? The whole "Only S1 Emma was badass" thing was moronic enough to claim for fandom, why go to A&E with it and get smacked down? This is like the time some genius went to A&E at Comic Con and was like "So, obviously, all the Emma and Regina subtext is purposeful and leading to something..." or this last Comic Con, when they kept harping on who did Emma sacrifice herself for? They kept getting shot down and they kept asking! Just why? NO! Don't make it harder on yourself!

LOL, why is Adam spending December 24th answering these inane questions, and writing responses like this:

Adam Horowitz ‏@AdamHorowitzLA  21 minutes ago
@molly_alyssa1 please don't put words in my mouth.  I said none of those things. Happy holidays!

There's nothing substantial for any fans wanting any real insight... well, we have this answer:

Amanda ‏@BarbieShoesOUaT  2 hours ago

@AdamHorowitzLA Since we're on the topic, what was the point of the scene on the docks with Emma baiting Regina saying she can't be savior?

Adam Horowitz ‏@AdamHorowitzLA  2h2 hours ago
@BarbieShoesOUaT within the context of what Regina was going through it was HUGELY important.

--

"Hugely important" but completely irrelevant to Emma's later revealed game plan.

Edited by Camera One

I read the A and E interview and I love how both reacted at the mention that Emma was not bad ass anymore. And when the journalist claimed that Regina was not long enought the savior. In fact, for me I already knew that. Regina arc was about herself and if the town accept her as hero. Emma is sole savior of the show.

I will compliment Adam to take some time with the fans on Christmas Eve, but he should enjoy Christmas with his family and not defending himself or the show on SM.

Isn't Adam Jewish? He probably doesn't celebrate Christmas, so he's spending the day doing the thing he loves most in life, feeding the trolls on Twitter.

It's sweet that they think Emma saying Regina can't be savior is foreshadowing she will be in the end. Remember when the CS fandom thought Hook leaving Emma a hugely emotional voicemail that was intercepted would mean she'd get it later? This show simply doesn't do that!

Edited by Serena
  • Love 4

I love how he throws in a "Happy Holiday" at the end of tweets, regardless of the content.

Adam Horowitz ‏@AdamHorowitzLA  4h

@jmorriswen it's actually really semantics.  We didn't "throw" anyone under a bus or contradict each other.  Read closer.  Happy holidays!

• Love 1

Is the "throwing someone under the bus" thing in regards to Lana claiming all hiatus that Regina was gonna be the Savior and it not panning out? Because it's not their fault Lana saw a red jacket and went "Yeeees! I get to be the Savior!" and, to be fair, so did we.

• Love 1

Parrilla wasn't the only who teased that role switch, though. It was brought up repeatedly in interviews and press coverage around SDCC and the season premiere. That said, it's far from the first time that the writers teased something or had their actors tease something that never really or only very barely played out on screen so I'm not sure why it would be a huge deal to some fans this time. It seems fairly obvious to me they changed course at some point during the first half of 5a and various little seeds that were planted in the first 3-4 episodes ultimately led nowhere at least up until episode 11.

I think the SDCC promotion was based mainly on the first two episodes, at least as far as the actors went. A&E just like talking about Regina and blowing up her role in the show. The media people tend to ask about Regina and Hook more as well. So, it was all part of the promo. 

• Love 2

That so strange because except for their big twist (Hook is the second DO) this season went exactly how I tough it will go.

I mean Regina as the New savior was a Red hearring like this show always do before the première . So, I am surprise so many People really bought that Regina will replace Emma as the savior.

And Jen at New York already claimed Emma was still the only savior.

Honestly Regina did save Robin at least 2 times and was the town leader with the Charming. She got the third sreen time and finally got to play at the final with the Hook thing. I will have preferred David or some else in that role but...

If Regina will save everyone all the time she will become more Mary Sue she is already.

Natalie Abrams was the one who went "Regina is gonna be the new Savior!" though, and other media outlets picked up on it because she writes for EW. I don't think A&E ever really teased or said it, did they?

Natalie Abrams was the one who went "Regina is gonna be the new Savior!" though, and other media outlets picked up on it because she writes for EW. I don't think A&E ever really teased or said it, did they?

Natalie Abrams was the first one who mentioned Regina being the Savior, even before SDCC, I think, she asked the question if Regina would be the new Savior. Then at SDCC, the question was asked, and they mentioned a reversal of roles, and everyone assumed Regina would be the new Savior, which set off a thousand meltdowns. After that, Lana said on Twitter that Regina would be wearing a lot of red, which a lot of people took to mean that Regina was going to be the new or the Savior, or whatever, and Adam had to debunk that afterwards.

This whole thing with the Savior is a mess. 

And to be fair, Regina was considered the savior because it was their plan to not out Emma. So its not like they were lying. The fans just assumed it would be as special as it is to Emma. Once again its on the fans who decided to make it so much more than it really was. For the Regina fans and anti Regina fans had meltdowns over it.

Yes. I get that A&E couldn't really say "Yes, Regina will be the Savior, but it will be to fake out shady Arthur." because that would spoil a plot point. 

Edited by Serena

Regina got to be a savior in 3B with the TLK & White Magic, and in the 4B storybook AU. Regina has taken over Emma's roles so many times over the seasons, that pretty much everyone expected it to be the case in 5A as well. I guess some fans won't be satisfied until Regina topples Emma and takes over the "savior" status full-time. 

It's hard to know if the Savior Regina thing was mostly: 1) typical for the show in blowing a small thing out of proportion in promotion; 2) based only on the first couple of episodes, since that's all the cast really knew about; 3) typical Lana overstating Regina's importance; or 4) something that was actually going to go somewhere but was changed because of the significant negative fan reaction. Probably some combination of all of them.

• Love 1

It's hard to know if the Savior Regina thing was mostly: 1) typical for the show in blowing a small thing out of proportion in promotion; 2) based only on the first couple of episodes, since that's all the cast really knew about; 3) typical Lana overstating Regina's importance; or 4) something that was actually going to go somewhere but was changed because of the significant negative fan reaction. Probably some combination of all of them.

It's also a fan disappointment, which was commonplace for a lot of things that changed from 5a to what was actually promoted, the biggest example being Dark Swan, which turned out to be Emma trying to cover up her mistake.

I most write it somewhere, so I guess here is a good place.

First as I do not follow any one from the show I do not see much of the hate and the drama just glimpse via tumble mostly but I did saw today many hateful toward Jen. That was not surprisingt, helas!

But, her reaction impressed me again. She post a lovely stateman about her love for her character and the cast.

Chapeau bas you really are class act! Jennifer

• Love 1

Wow, Jen and Lana are catching hell on twitter because they called Emma and Regina "sisters" and "friends".  Some of the stuff from a particular nut is downright vulgar.  That’s one of those hide-behind-the-computer types you wish you could find so you could beat the shit out of them.

• Love 3

Natalie Abrams is obsessed with baiting the cast or the producers to say something, anything, about SQ. Did she really need to add "some OUAT fans are still keen to see something more between them."  and have Lana comment on that? NA must have know the shit storm this would unleash. She seems bent on antagonizing OUAT writers and cast. What an unprofessional troll!

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

She went to Lana because she wasn't going to get nothing from Jen and then even Lana disappointed her and the other fans.

No matter what the writers or the actors say the fans will still feel how they feel in the end. I wonder if NA wrote that article because almost every other OUAT media outlet was about Hook and Emma.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if these were even new interviews, given that it's a holiday week. Some of those quotes sound familiar, so it looks an awful lot like she just repurposed material from old interviews, stringing quotes together with an agenda.

• Love 3

Yeah Lana's "sisters" quote and Jennifer talking about how much their relationship has changed sounds an awful lot like another interview she did with them. I'm thinking before S5 aired because she mentioned "Regina knowing what it feels like to go dark." we most certainly did not see that in 5A. Seems like she was bored and wanted to rile up the fandom but the only people getting hurt by it is Jen and Lana.

• Love 1