Type keyword(s) to search

S03E02: Love Triangles and Love Triumphs

Empress1
  • Start Topic

I do not understand women who say they want to have a bunch of kids but want to start having children in their mid-thirties. Nancy talking about wanting 10 kids but wanting to start at 34 just doesn't compute.  Theoretically, I guess it's possible she could have a kid a year between the ages of 34 and 44 but realistically? 

They spent so much time on Colleen being rejected that it was weird how fast they moved Matt and Colleen to ILY.  It's probably just editing.  But sort of the same with Raven and SK.  

"Cole is a man of God."  I hope Zagnab realizes that her "man of God" is also an absolute jerk.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I have such face blindness toward Zainab and ... Nancy.  I swear when Bertise was talking about Nancy I was like... wait.. there is someone named Nancy?  LOL.

Speaking of Bertise, there he is telling a heartfelt story about his parents and Raven is doing jumping jacks.  I thought it was hysterical he could hear it and then felt bad for him because his face fell when he realized she wasn't giving him all her attention in that moment.

And yeah, I can imagine it can tiresome to sit there for hours on end especially if you are an active person.  But it almost feels like her need to exercise is bordering on the obsessive.

Colleena-Ballerina comes off as rather desperate.

Maybe it is just her personality but Raven’s acceptance of SK’s proposal felt like a ‘Well, I may as well.”

Really not feeling any of these people.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Andrew is hot but damn, is he pretentious.

These do not look like strong matches.

6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Maybe it is just her personality but Raven’s acceptance of SK’s proposal felt like a ‘Well, I may as well.”

Yep. SK and Raven do not seem like a match to me at ALL. SK talks about Raven’s brain but she doesn’t come across as brainy to me.

6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

But it almost feels like her need to exercise is bordering on the obsessive.

Especially since there’s a gym in the place! She can get a workout in - we saw her. I work out a lot. I work from home and try to get up and move around every hour (I did this when I went into an office, I’d just take a lap around the building and stretch my legs), and sometimes that means jumping jacks or jumping rope or crunches or hold a plank - but not when someone is talking to me! I would get up and walk around the pods too because they’re in there for hours, but like … time and place, girl.

It’s interesting that Alexa is “the plus-sized one” but Nancy is probably only a size smaller. Nancy looks short and Alexa is taller, and Nancy has large breasts while Alexa doesn’t, but they’re both thick. Zanab isn’t a waif either. This is no shade, by the way - they’re all beautiful (and the men this season are better looking than last season). I just thought it was interesting that they added Alexa’s size as part of her storyline but not Nancy’s.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Surprised that there are so many people who have never opened so much to anyone before.  I choose to believe them, rather than think that it's just a line they're using for the show!

On 10/19/2022 at 10:27 PM, Irlandesa said:

"Cole is a man of God."  I hope Zagnab realizes that her "man of God" is also an absolute jerk.

I gotta say, I'm not so sure.  He really seemed to have gained some depth during this process.

On 10/20/2022 at 1:49 PM, DearEvette said:

Speaking of Bertise, there he is telling a heartfelt story about his parents and Raven is doing jumping jacks.  I thought it was hysterical he could hear it and then felt bad for him because his face fell when he realized she wasn't giving him all her attention in that moment.

I f'ing LOVED that he called her out on it!  But I felt soooo bad for him.  What was very interesting, and I don't know with editing whether her session with Bertise came before SK or not, but she was also exercising while SK was talking, yet she stopped when he got into his polygamy story.  My theory as to why she did that for SK's story and not Bertise's, is that SK's story could affect HER...she needs to know if the guy she chooses has any interest in polygamy or not.   And while SK does seem to know that she's complex, I think he has a little more of the 'worship' aspect than Bertise would, and I think she wants that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I LOL'ed at Raven's response to Bartise's story, it was something like "That's not that bad, but it was hard for you, so it's OK" or something equally cringe. She probably wasn't even listening. I thought she was trying to save face after Bartise told her he was into Nancy more, when she said "It's a no for me" quickly. But I thought it was rude for Bartise to cover her room in dollar bills. So they both suck. There is zero chance Raven and SK will marry, she can barely stand him.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

But I thought it was rude for Bartise to cover her room in dollar bills. 

Yeah, that is actually frighteningly textbook passive-aggressive, especially as he tried to pass it off as being playful.  

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I can’t get over how insipid their conversations are, and how they all think it means that they are deeply in love. “you wanna go to Vietnam?” “Omg, I like love Asia” “omg how are you this perfect?”  

Good God. These are adults. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I felt bad for Raven when Bartise called her out on exercising because I think she's probably a kinetic person who genuinely can't sit still. To me, it seems similar to how knitting or putting away laundry can actually make it easier to focus on podcasts or lectures. It's not like Raven had Bartise's face to focus on while listening.

Did anyone understand the whole thing with bottle service/bartending? I still don't understand why Raven thought that would be an issue.

I liked seeing Andrew/Nancy's disco date. I felt like I finally got insight into why she's so torn between him and Bartise. In the prior clips, they didn't seem to have any connection at all. It seemed like Andrew talked and Nancy tried to figure out what to do with the information. 

24 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

I felt bad for Raven when Bartise called her out on exercising because I think she's probably a kinetic person who genuinely can't sit still. To me, it seems similar to how knitting or putting away laundry can actually make it easier to focus on podcasts or lectures. 

The problem is that she was not listening to Bartise!  It was sooo obvious from how she reacted when he finished talking...she had absolutely no idea what to say, and what she did say was wholly inappropriate.  Many many times they showed her not exercising, so she def had the ability to sit still and pay attention.  And she had been exercising when SK went into his personal story, but she ended up stopping to really listen to him.  So yeah, no sympathy whatsoever from me for her in that situation.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Zuleikha said:

I felt bad for Raven when Bartise called her out on exercising because I think she's probably a kinetic person who genuinely can't sit still. To me, it seems similar to how knitting or putting away laundry can actually make it easier to focus on podcasts or lectures. It's not like Raven had Bartise's face to focus on while listening.

Feel bad? She seemed able to turn that off for SK. Also, if someone is pouring their heart outto you about something important in your life, maybe just listen. At the very least, listen to the story WHILE keeping active. I would relate or understand her if she truly sounded sorry after being caught or engaged with him at that point. She can miss me with her nonsense.

• Love 6

Raven has for sure had sugar daddies. Her body language in this show is fascinating. She is here for the exposure and wants to do only the amount of work necessary to get that. She'll never get married, she doesn't love SK. She just wants the show. She literally runs from intimacy. She had to force herself not to walk out the door at the proposal. In the real world, she wants to be worshipped and taken care of. And her rejection of Bartise was 100% a "you can't break up with me, I'm breaking up with you". She was so cruel. Ugh, not a fan.

Edited by P2C2E
  • Love 12

Also, Andrew is so fucking pretentious. I don't think we've seen him and Nancy talk about kids. Which is funny because she talks about it all the time. But this dude does not want 10 kids. Maybe one, and only for the philosophical challenge is raising something. He won't nurture children.

Let's be real, Andrew and Raven should have gotten together.

Edited by P2C2E
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Racj82 said:

She seemed able to turn that off for SK.

We saw her exercising during that pod session. She did stop for a bit, but we don't know that it was connected to what SK said as opposed to because she needed a break in her reps. When he proposed, she was moving around a lot. Even when he asked her to stay near the wall, she did initially but then walked away and back. 

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

We saw her exercising during that pod session. She did stop for a bit, but we don't know that it was connected to what SK said as opposed to because she needed a break in her reps. When he proposed, she was moving around a lot. Even when he asked her to stay near the wall, she did initially but then walked away and back. 

If you can't sit still while I tell you an important story from life, you are not the one for me. Period. And I'm not giving her a pass on anything. If she would of demonstrated some kindness and understanding after she got busted I would have rolled with it. She wasn't listening to that man at all. Point blank. She cared enough to at least stop at some point for SK. Give everyone that grace if you are capable as she clearly is.

I don't even like Bartise. I just don't like Raven in these moments. Edit or no edit. I can't talk in terms of edits. I go by what I see until I know otherwise. Everything could be flipped in that regard in that case.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Raven has for sure had sugar daddies. Her body language in this show is fascinating.

When she was talking about how there were things she kept from past relationships, I noticed a Cartier love bracelet around her wrist. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

We saw her exercising during that pod session. She did stop for a bit, but we don't know that it was connected to what SK said as opposed to because she needed a break in her reps. 

Actually they did show exactly what happened as SK was telling his story.  At first, she was exercising, but when he got to the part about his family being polygamous, she literally stopped in the middle of the exercise she was doing.  She kept listening very intently, then started up trying to exercise again, but stopped instead and sat down to participate fully in the conversation.

• Like 3

I’m convinced no one will ever match the genuine affection and love that Cameron and Lauren had in season 1. All of these people seem so effing fake and self-absorbed, to a degree that doesn’t bode well for a real relationship.

And half the time they seem incoherent, I dunno if that is due to drinking or what, but when a artist started talking to Raven, I wasn’t totally sure where it was going. And the breakup or whatever….so awkward! It didn’t need to be that awkward. I get feeling pissed that some ahole is doing jumping jacks while you’re pouring out your heart. But leaving dollar bills…? Everyone is so crass and ridiculous it is getting harder to watch. And I watch mainly to rag on it. Is it just me?

And wtf was the comment about the boobs? Was that Coal (sic)? Good grief.

• Love 4
On 10/25/2022 at 3:49 PM, dingochick said:

I’m convinced no one will ever match the genuine affection and love that Cameron and Lauren had in season 1. All of these people seem so effing fake and self-absorbed, to a degree that doesn’t bode well for a real relationship.

And half the time they seem incoherent, I dunno if that is due to drinking or what, but when a artist started talking to Raven, I wasn’t totally sure where it was going. And the breakup or whatever….so awkward! It didn’t need to be that awkward. I get feeling pissed that some ahole is doing jumping jacks while you’re pouring out your heart. But leaving dollar bills…? Everyone is so crass and ridiculous it is getting harder to watch. And I watch mainly to rag on it. Is it just me?

And wtf was the comment about the boobs? Was that Coal (sic)? Good grief.

Yes, Cole said that Zanab's boobs were bigger than he expected. It struck me as odd that he had any expectations re: her boob size from talking to her in the pod.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in future episodes (I'm just got around to starting the season), but my guess is that Raven does bottle service in a strip club, and she mentioned that to Bartise. It would explain why he left the bills. And she said that her reaction to the dollar bills would be to scoop them up and give them to the girls - so I'm thinking that's the protocol at a club where she works (tips that are found on the floor go to the dancers).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2022 at 8:54 PM, Empress1 said:

Andrew is hot but damn, is he pretentious.

These do not look like strong matches.

Yep. SK and Raven do not seem like a match to me at ALL. SK talks about Raven’s brain but she doesn’t come across as brainy to me.

Especially since there’s a gym in the place! She can get a workout in - we saw her. I work out a lot. I work from home and try to get up and move around every hour (I did this when I went into an office, I’d just take a lap around the building and stretch my legs), and sometimes that means jumping jacks or jumping rope or crunches or hold a plank - but not when someone is talking to me! I would get up and walk around the pods too because they’re in there for hours, but like … time and place, girl.

It’s interesting that Alexa is “the plus-sized one” but Nancy is probably only a size smaller. Nancy looks short and Alexa is taller, and Nancy has large breasts while Alexa doesn’t, but they’re both thick. Zanab isn’t a waif either. This is no shade, by the way - they’re all beautiful (and the men this season are better looking than last season). I just thought it was interesting that they added Alexa’s size as part of her storyline but not Nancy’s.

raven knows this is on TV and she brings a resustance band ti the room with her. I dont see that as an obsessive need to work out, I see it as a way for her to get attention and be talked out. I dislike her intensely . lol.

• Love 1