Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Cold Snap

• Start Topic

I’m amazed at the massive amount of alcoholic beverages these people consume. All of this drunken behavior will one day catch up to them. Age 50 can look like age 70 when alcohol is involved. Acting like slobs and ransacking a 2 million dollar vacation home is also very uncool.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, lili45 said:

Craig, Craig, Craig- your behavior is atrocious. You’re acting like a diva, and you’re sense of entitlement is off the charts! Clean up after yourself, you are being pathetic.

I cannot believe this guy is a lawyer and member of the South Carolina Bar Association. I wouldn’t want Craig Conroy advising or representing me in any legal proceedings. Andrea should’ve been invited back for this season. Andrea could be arrogant, but at least he was civil.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

Oh Craig, now we know why he's throttled back on the alcohol. Hey, I don't like cleaning either and will hire people to do it whenever I can. But, if everyone else is rolling up their sleeves and doing it, suck it up & join in.

I'm of two minds with Luke. Yes, I find him a little creepy and intense. However, Craig way overreacted and I felt bad for him in that moment. When I heard rumors about this while they were filming, I thought Luke was going to lose it like he did during Summer House and it would be more about anger management than unwanted touching.  That said, he has to learn to read signals/body language and back off. If everyone else can see her uncomfortableness, why can't he?

Still, I feel like there has to be more to the story/history since he wasn't invited back to Summer House. 

Jason is so damn hot, why isn't everyone on him?  Tainted by Lindsey?

• Like 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Gracie123 said:

I can't get past the ears of Kory.  Not at all hot, IMO.

IKR?!  I still see low rent Macklemore.  And he seems to have a wonky eye too.  I know I'm being shallow but enh put yourself out there like that and it's open season to judge.

54 minutes ago, snarts said:

I'm of two minds with Luke. Yes, I find him a little creepy and intense. However, Craig way overreacted and I felt bad for him in that moment. When I heard rumors about this while they were filming, I thought Luke was going to lose it like he did during Summer House and it would be more about anger management than unwanted touching.  That said, he has to learn to read signals/body language and back off. If everyone else can see her uncomfortableness, why can't he?

I think Jessica carries part of the blame as well.  She was just telling him in the hot tub that she was into him, flirty etc. so maybe Luke wasn't really getting the vibes she was sending.  IDK, I do think Luke has a serious temper and mix that with alcohol and simply being on a reality tv show designed to create drama then yeah your worst side is going to show.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think Jessica carries part of the blame as well.  She was just telling him in the hot tub that she was into him, flirty etc. so maybe Luke wasn't really getting the vibes she was sending.  IDK, I do think Luke has a serious temper and mix that with alcohol and simply being on a reality tv show designed to create drama then yeah your worst side is going to show.

I agree she could've told him directly but I have to err on her side because everyone else saw that she was uncomfortable so why didn't Luke also see it?  

In the hot tub, she said "I was into you" not "I am into you" then she declined his request for a kiss and avoided him all day.  Why should he assume it's ok to constantly touch her or massage her?  I was uncomfortable watching it. 

The absence of no does not mean yes.  While I likely would've said something like "stop f**** touching me" I realize not everyone is that direct and I've unfortunately endured the wrath of many a bruised male ego as the result of being so blunt. Some men do not react well and lash out angrily.

It appeared to me that Jess was trying to avoid a confrontation and let Luke down easy.  It's not her fault that he couldn't/wouldn't read the cues & body language that everybody else could clearly see.

Edited by snarts
for clarity and some (not many) men
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, snarts said:

In the hot tub, she said "I was into you" not "I am into you" then she declined his request for a kiss and then avoided him all day. 

Oh ok I didn't realize that.  I thought she said I AM into you.  Maybe Luke just can't read a room, idk.  Or maybe someone off screen (producer, handler) was feeding him some information that wasn't true. 

I've always felt a little bad for him ever since that fiasco with Hanna--it's like he's just being set up to fail.  I've kinda felt his personality never really gelled with everyone else's.  Like that thing with the fireworks, yeah it was shitty of Craig & Austin to behave in that way but I think Luke took it to the 100th degree by throwing the rest of the unlit fireworks in the river.  Sometimes you just have to check your anger and play along to simply squash a fight.  *shrug*  Especially if you know you're going to have to film with these people and be seen at public events with them 😬😬

• Like 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I have no idea what that meant. 🤷‍♀️🙄🙄

It means there are a lot of folks who are willing to buy magic beans

Basically, people are buying "virtual land". Some enterprising person has created online islands and is selling plots of land on them. Evidently, she is a virtual real-estate broker who is matching up buyers and sellers and taking a % of the transaction. Now, even in the real world, folks question why you need a broker and the need for one in the virtual world is even more head-scratching. (Especially sense these virtual worlds don't have virtual courts or virtual laws protecting your ownership rights of the land. Nothing stops the creator from saying "there was a virtual earthquake and your island sunk into the sea - you've lost everything"). So yeah, she's profiting off the sale of magic beans.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Jessica-

"I sell real estate in the metaverse" = grifter

That is all.

Exactly.  If you say, "I'm into crypto", and "what's in Vermont", in the same conversation, you are an idiot.  Bravo, Bravo.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

I don’t like Jessica she sucks but you could tell she was uncomfortable. Not saying Luke is this bad guy but he doesn’t get a hint I think. I’ve been in situations like this and it’s awkward when a guy keeps pushing and then you feel bad because the guy is nice but you aren’t into him but you look bad rejecting so you don’t reject and just accept his awkward advances. Which is why I get where Craig is coming from. He can see how she feels so awkward and also Luke shouldn’t be stroking Paige’s hair. Like Craig took it next level but honestly I agree with him and at least he’s sticking up for Jessica. Craig can be a drunk but I’ve never seen him push himself on girls in any of these shows. Maybe I’m crazy but I totally agree with Craig. 

Ciara tho? Pls show no one cares about her stop trying to make her happen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Craig: "I have money so I don't have to clean". Said at least 3 times. We get it, Craig. You are on 2 shows and have a retail pillow store in a high rent area of Charleston. Try to have some class and act like a decent human being. 

It's disgusting the way these assholes are trashing this house. It's not cute and it's not funny. 

I don't ever remember Luke acting like such a creeper in the Summer House. He's usually kind of aloof when it comes to the ladies. I don't get what's going on with him. 

New girls are not pretty and not much personality. Craig's friend is downright homely. Kyle and Amanda getting along so well, all kissy and huggy. They must have had a sit down to discuss how they wanted to play this season. 

Where are Carl and Lindsey? I've only seen them in a couple of crappy commercials. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Craig: "I have money so I don't have to clean". Said at least 3 times. We get it, Craig. You are on 2 shows and have a retail pillow store in a high rent area of Charleston. Try to have some class and act like a decent human being. 

It's disgusting the way these assholes are trashing this house. It's not cute and it's not funny. 

I think I understand a little bit better this season's dynamics on Southern Charm. Leva kept complaining about not wanting to be around Craig, and with the "Money makes all problems disappear attitude" I can see why. It's interesting he keeps this level of douchery under wraps in that setting - perhaps it comes out more here because he knows he's the wealthiest in the room.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Not to mention that Craig caused much of the mess, particularly the broken glass all over the place. For him to declare that he was not going to clean was unbelievably immature. And then he yelled at Amanda for cleaning the broken glass? We are seeing a new side of Craig, hmmmm..

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Looks like Craig has been spending too much time with privileged assholes & believes his own hype.  I hope he’s putting away some of that largesse he claims to have, because at 40 when Bravo is no longer interested & his liver has seriously deteriorated, it will be hard to convince anyone that he would be able to be a reputable lawyer. Laziness, alcoholism and rage do not stand the test of time. Enjoy throwing glass and punching piñatas and screaming at random people and threatening to throw people out windows now, because as inappropriate as it is for 34 year old, it’s ridiculous when you don’t have a TV show to do it on.

• Like 2
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, lili45 said:

Not to mention that Craig caused much of the mess, particularly the broken glass all over the place. For him to declare that he was not going to clean was unbelievably immature. And then he yelled at Amanda for cleaning the broken glass? We are seeing a new side of Craig, hmmmm..

I bet his parents are mortified by his behaviour. I would be.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, snarts said: . 

Jason is the only attractive guy (to me) on the cast. But at the same time I want Ciara to get with Kory so Austin has no one. 

I never watched Summer House, but I listened to all the WWC recaps so I feel caught up on who these people are. And Luke’s MO seems to be coming on crazy strong and then as soon as he gets the girl interested pulling a “let’s not label this.” He wasn’t just massaging Jessika he was nuzzling her neck and pretty much fondling her chest in front of everyone. Craig for sure reacted that way because he’s an angry child, but Luke was still gross. 

Speaking of Craig, I can’t see Paige putting up with his shit much longer. There’s not one attractive thing about him at this point. He used to have a sweetness and a humility and all of that is clearly gone. And he’s pissing his money away too. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 10/21/2022 at 10:32 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Looks like Craig has been spending too much time with privileged assholes & believes his own hype.  I hope he’s putting away some of that largesse he claims to have, because at 40 when Bravo is no longer interested & his liver has seriously deteriorated, it will be hard to convince anyone that he would be able to be a reputable lawyer. Laziness, alcoholism and rage do not stand the test of time. Enjoy throwing glass and punching piñatas and screaming at random people and threatening to throw people out windows now, because as inappropriate as it is for 34 year old, it’s ridiculous when you don’t have a TV show to do it on.

He’s turning into his top secret idol, Shep Rose. 

Edited by hottesthw
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, racked said:

Speaking of Craig, I can’t see Paige putting up with his shit much longer. There’s not one attractive thing about him at this point. He used to have a sweetness and a humility and all of that is clearly gone. And he’s pissing his money away too. 

Paige is going to be wishing she chose Andrea instead of Craig. Andrea is gorgeous and sweet. Bad choice, Paigey. 

• Like 4
  • Love 10
On 10/21/2022 at 9:32 PM, Caseysgirl said:

as inappropriate as it is for 34 year old, it’s ridiculous when you don’t have a TV show to do it on.

He looks a lot older than 34 at this point.  In the last 5 years, he has aged at least 15.  Physically aged that it is, not emotionally.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/21/2022 at 12:29 PM, Marley said:

I don’t like Jessica she sucks but you could tell she was uncomfortable. Not saying Luke is this bad guy but he doesn’t get a hint I think. I’ve been in situations like this and it’s awkward when a guy keeps pushing and then you feel bad because the guy is nice but you aren’t into him but you look bad rejecting so you don’t reject and just accept his awkward advances. Which is why I get where Craig is coming from. He can see how she feels so awkward and also Luke shouldn’t be stroking Paige’s hair. Like Craig took it next level but honestly I agree with him and at least he’s sticking up for Jessica. Craig can be a drunk but I’ve never seen him push himself on girls in any of these shows. Maybe I’m crazy but I totally agree with Craig. 

Ciara tho? Pls show no one cares about her stop trying to make her happen.

I go back and forth on this. I could tell she was uncomfortable but it was being framed that way by editing. And I know other people in the house said they knew but Craig was running around telling everyone that Luke was making her uncomfortable. Amanda knew but only after talking to Lindsey. I don’t think anyone talked to Luke at all in any way so I’m not sure how obvious it was to him. He seemed really surprised when Craig blew up at him and immediately pulled back. Not that it makes it Lindsay’s fault, it doesn’t. He could have just said “is this ok? Can I hug you?” or whatever at any point. I’m just not sure how obvious it would be if I didn’t have Craig or Amanda or the camera telling me it was obvious.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I go back and forth on this. I could tell she was uncomfortable but it was being framed that way by editing. And I know other people in the house said they knew but Craig was running around telling everyone that Luke was making her uncomfortable. Amanda knew but only after talking to Lindsey. I don’t think anyone talked to Luke at all in any way so I’m not sure how obvious it was to him. He seemed really surprised when Craig blew up at him and immediately pulled back. Not that it makes it Lindsay’s fault, it doesn’t. He could have just said “is this ok? Can I hug you?” or whatever at any point. I’m just not sure how obvious it would be if I didn’t have Craig or Amanda or the camera telling me it was obvious.

You mean Jessica? 🤭 It's still crazy to me how much they look alike.  

No, no one talked to Luke about it.  In fact, if I remember correctly, Kyle and his dumb butt encourage it!  It's always bugged me how nobody in the house has ever seemed to have Luke's back.  What are we missing here?  Is there some major piece that is being edited out to fit a storyline?  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

No, no one talked to Luke about it.  In fact, if I remember correctly, Kyle and his dumb butt encourage it!  It's always bugged me how nobody in the house has ever seemed to have Luke's back.  What are we missing here?  Is there some major piece that is being edited out to fit a storyline?  

Yes, I did mean Jessica! Poor woman. I keep calling her Lindsey. 

i also think it weird how no one ever seems to look out for Luke or talk to him directly either. His worst sin seems to be that he’s a really straight forward person who assumes everyone is that way and doesn’t get subtler communication. You really do have to look him in the eye and tell him exactly how you feel, but he seems willing to do that. This is like the big fight in Summer House where 3 drunk people cornered Luke and started screaming in his face about how he has to respect boundaries, but somehow he’s the asshole? I sincerely have never understood it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oh, for chrissakes Jessica! You are not that hot. I'm sick of her constantly saying guys find her irresistable and want to sleep with her the minute they lay eyes on her. She's a cute little blonde, nothing more. Paige, Ciara and Amanda are just as attractive as she is, if not more. 

Paige needs to have a serious heart to heart with Craig about what's bothering her. Either he gets it and he's on board or he isn't. 

• Love 5
On 10/21/2022 at 8:28 AM, snarts said:

He really is and I never even noticed it until this episode. Much better looking than Carl with the big ears.  I don't think he gets enough camera time so he kind of flies under the radar. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2022 at 8:22 PM, APK said:

I cannot believe this guy is a lawyer and member of the South Carolina Bar Association. I wouldn’t want Craig Conroy advising or representing me in any legal proceedings. Andrea should’ve been invited back for this season. Andrea could be arrogant, but at least he was civil.

I still want to see it (evidence he passed the bar) to believe it.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:36 AM, Dirtybubble said:

I get so frustrated by the editing. How did it go from Jessica telling Luke she found him attractive to him, to telling everyone else in the house that she didn't want him around her? Surely there are conversations we haven't seen?

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
On 11/6/2022 at 2:33 PM, Chalby said:

I still want to see it (evidence he passed the bar) to believe it.

I get so frustrated by the editing. How did it go from Jessica telling Luke she found him attractive to him, to telling everyone else in the house that she didn't want him around her? Surely there are conversations we haven't seen?

Right?  She said she was giving clear clues in the hot tub, but I see a girl and a guy flirting, him asking or saying that he wants to kiss her, she hems and hahs and says not just yet on the first date but also says she does want to kiss him.  I also see her not cozying up to him and moving around a little bit but also its their first "date" and maybe she just didn't want to go full make out sesh like Paige and Ciara did last season. 

She did look clearly uncomfortable when Luke wrapped himself around her in the kitchen and nuzzled her neck right before Craig went off on Luke, but based on editing and what we saw as viewers from Luke's point of view, she is a girl that said she is into him so I get why afterwards he was like WTF, followed by I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable and the whole narrative of Luke not being able to read women?   (Ciara said she didn't like texts after 10pm and then told him not cool...why is this being held against him?)  

Luke clearly missed a signal somewhere but Jessica could have said something earlier.  I think both are wrong in some respects based on editing. It was weird for Luke to pet Paige.  Super weird. My guy friends don't do that.  Craig is clearly wrong in his delivery but was also super drunk and a giant ass douche.  (about everything) 

Edited by vmarsissmart
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, FozzyBear said:

i also think it weird how no one ever seems to look out for Luke or talk to him directly either. His worst sin seems to be that he’s a really straight forward person who assumes everyone is that way and doesn’t get subtler communication. You really do have to look him in the eye and tell him exactly how you feel, but he seems willing to do that. This is like the big fight in Summer House where 3 drunk people cornered Luke and started screaming in his face about how he has to respect boundaries, but somehow he’s the asshole? I sincerely have never understood it.

This!  I have always like Luke and have noticed the cool kids never really have.  He is the odd man out and I don't think he minds as the rest of them are self-centered child-like adults.  Case in point, Craig does not have to clean up after himself because he has MONEY.  So, what asshole! 

Luke is an outdoors guy and has very little if nothing in common with these entitled city dwellers.  I hope they keep him on even if he is an outcast and apparently can't read a room or a girl.  Though she was sending weird mixed signals.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1