Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Love After Lockup: Red Flags

• Start Topic

Sara faces off with Destinie; Amber reunites with Puppy; Daonte gets a surprise visit.

It's the season finale!  Daonte's mother gets yet another chance to tell him he's a fool.  Let's hope his friend also makes an appearance.  

Unfortunately Destine also makes an appearance because she's "feeling some kind of way" about Shawn.  The way she is feeling is like he owes her massive amounts of money.  

We can also expect Marcie and Brittany trying to convince us that anything in their storyline is real, Britney and Ray trying to convince us that Ray actually enjoys being with Britney, and the tag team pregnancies of Puppy and Amber.  We may also see Shawn spawn #7, may God have mercy on her soul.  

Original air date 2022.10.14 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I hate when I miss the live chat.

Are we shocked that Brittney and Marce moved to Florida to start over as if any of what they were serving was true.  Why can't we have fresh couples instead of these two fakes past their expiration date.  

Amber's abortion story gave me  after school special vibe on the importance of birth control and Roe Vs Wade.

Blaine and Lindsay are perfect for each other, I hope it works out but the deck is stacked against those two drug addicted criminals.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I am just so skeptical of the pregnancy storylines of Amber and Puppy. I mean it's awfully convenient that the both had an unplanned pregnancy crisis and neither of them are actually pregnant any more so no actual babies added to the scripts. It just seems too conveniently planned.

I wish Tayler wasn't such a door mat. If I was pregnant and my ex con boyfriend made a big fuss out of doubting paternity for no reason whatsoever I'd kick his ass to the curb pronto. And the menacing way he lords it over her?  Yet she just placates him. And he grabbed the mail when he left. I have no doubt Tayler won't be seeing a lot of the bills as they arrive. Classic financial user move.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

Someone explain to me how it works with hiring that plane to fly by with the gender reveal if it's a surprise for the both of them and Chance paid for it. Does he hand them the envelope and trusts them to get it right or is just all scripted.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

I am just so skeptical of the pregnancy storylines of Amber and Puppy. I mean it's awfully convenient that the both had an unplanned pregnancy crisis and neither of them are actually pregnant any more so no actual babies added to the scripts. It just seems too conveniently planned.

I wish Tayler wasn't such a door mat. If I was pregnant and my ex con boyfriend made a big fuss out of doubting paternity for no reason whatsoever I'd kick his ass to the curb pronto. And the menacing way he lords it over her?  Yet she just placates him. And he grabbed the mail when he left. I have no doubt Tayler won't be seeing a lot of the bills as they arrive. Classic financial user move.

Did you catch how many pieces of mail he had from creditors?  His "don't worry about it, babe" view on finances is one of the biggest red flags on this show that is chock full of red flags.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Someone explain to me how it works with hiring that plane to fly by with the gender reveal if it's a surprise for the both of them and Chance paid for it. Does he hand them the envelope and trusts them to get it right or is just all scripted.

Things I've learned from reality TV - they gave the envelope to the plane company. They do the same thing with cakes.  I pointed out I learned this from reality TV because none of my friends do genital reveal parties. 

57 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

Did you catch how many pieces of mail he had from creditors?  His "don't worry about it, babe" view on finances is one of the biggest red flags on this show that is chock full of red flags.

He'll have her bankrupt within a year, and he'll find a way, in his head, to blame her.  He just wanted nice things for her and the kids; with the fourth on the way; he was worried she leave him if he couldn't provide for the family; blah . . blah . . . gaslighting. . . . blah.

• Like 2
  • Love 11
34 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Things I've learned from reality TV - they gave the envelope to the plane company. They do the same thing with cakes.  I pointed out I learned this from reality TV because none of my friends do genital reveal parties. 

He'll have her bankrupt within a year, and he'll find a way, in his head, to blame her.  He just wanted nice things for her and the kids; with the fourth on the way; he was worried she leave him if he couldn't provide for the family; blah . . blah . . . gaslighting. . . . blah.

Yeah, $300 on Members Only jackets seems pretty extreme.  I'd swear I've seen those at TJ Max for like $20.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I did and I really hoped he was going to open them and be shocked to discover that creditors actually expect you to pay back the money you owe...

I wonder if people ever go back and double check, just to make sure the plane company or the bakery or whatever gets it right. What if they mix up your envelope with someone else's? Or they just want to mess with you?

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 6

Not that I believe any of the Brittney/ Marcelino story, but they seem to have forgotten the initial premise of their story which as I recall was that Marcellino was a very nice, stable guy and she was a multi time convict when they got together. She was more interested in girls; she had multiple children who had been taken away plus a cute son that was with her ex, who Marcellino treated as his own.  They’ve had two children since then who it seemed Marcellino did the child care a lot and also, didn’t he have his own home before they decided to upgrade.  So what is this from Brittney that somehow she saved him because he was going down the tubes. Which story is true?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Amber, I believe she was pregnant. The pro life folks outside the clinic, the way she handled it.... she had gained significant weight. I hope she takes precautions from here. I am surprised Eric and Puppy are marrying next year, and I will believe that when I see it.

Marcellino and Brit.... I dunno, so much drama. Then they move together. Its such a damn stretch to NOT think they aren't just trolling for more Sharp dollars.

Britney and Ray had a nice shin dig. Personally I will never understand the need to spend all that money on nuptials, but it was her "dream" and I wish them well.

The stupid Destiny story with shake down for money is contrived and I am so over her and Shawn. They pay her every episode and that's just trash. Get this dumpster fire off of my television.

I wonder what Branwyns parole violation was. I would not be surprised to hear she is dead within the next few years. She barely even tried to live a better life. And a 40 plus year old hooker "concentrating on her studies" is a joke given the fact she is nodding off 1/2 the time. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I’m ashamed to admit this, but I started thinking the Marc/Brit storyline was real. Then I saw they moved to Florida together and I knew my bunkies were right all along. 

We've seen Brittany, the Realtor to the Stars and ex convict get 'conned' out of thousands in her quest to build a halfway house.

We've seen Brittany dig up all her mom's dirt to get another season of Love After Lock: Intervention.

We've seen Brittany push for a threesome the minute she was out of prison in her first season  and now she's the one being done wrong by the two of them in the latest season.

We've seen Brittany go from crying with no tears culminating now to covering her eyes to fake wail in her scenes since she's such a sociopath she can't even fall back on her years of living on the streets at 13 as an unwed mother or her many years in prison and wasting her life away to help her squeeze out some tears.

So it was not shocking to me when all those scenes of Brittany done wrong with her packing up the house would end with her and Marcelino moving to Florida.

Sharps should be in prison for being so lazy as to think we can be so easily conned by these fake story lines delivered by the least charming nor sympathetic character in the history of LAL.

And I'm not even going to go into how her own family members have come forward to say she made up most of her younger year stories of abuse.

I don't understand why Sharps gives us Britt/Marcelino and their fake shit yearly when we need to be getting updates on No prostitutes Tony do you want a blow job or steak Angela and Black Mormon lady with her cute kids and Lamar.

• Love 5

Never believed a word of Marcelino-the-cad story line; totally believed those two would go to any lengths to stay on the show.  You'll notice they dragged Brittany's mother and sister to FL too.

I believe Amber's abortion story, but when her boyfriend sees what her doctor actually told her (Amber: could a person with this liver condition die from giving birth?  Doctor:  It has happened), which was far from what she was telling people by the end of her pregnancy saga, that it was her or the baby, he may feel that they did have a choice.  I personally was glad she had an abortion given her situation, but I suspect a good OB/GYN could have guided her safely through pregnancy and birth--or maybe not.  She really didn't seem interested in asking.  At any rate, what we were shown was not the dramatic baby-or-me choice Amber presented it as.

Petty aside:  Amber has a really, really short neck, and Puppy should stop drawing her eyebrows about 1/2 inch in from the nose side.  I think she'd lose the Sad Sack look.

Totally believe Chazz because I don't think you could pay anyone enough to appear so goddam stupid and pathetic on nationwide tv.  Ditto Daonte.

Another petty aside:  Does mother Daonte always wear so much makeup?  Or just for the show?  Does she go to work like that?

Everything about Jasper or whatever his name is--the one who married the redhead--was fake, although it's hard to believe he wouldn't have stopped answering the phone.

When Taylderr finds out about their debt, she will mysteriously disappear ("went to Tucson to visit her sister"), and two years later her bones will be found under the cement in Bobbie's bedroom (aka garage) floor.

Alley Oop will never be satisfied with one woman.  He is of the Hill People, who walk with many women.  And his story was fake except for that glorious sock to the jaw of the guy who came to pick Cartier up.

I'm sure I forgot some returning citizen but in general I'd say 98% fake.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Totally believe Chazz because I don't think you could pay anyone enough to appear so goddam stupid and pathetic on nationwide tv.  Ditto Daonte.

Yea, Chazz marrying for the 5th time is actually believable and so is sexually torso obsessed Daonte. 

Lindsay and Daonte those two faked that for another ride on the LAL train and am I sick but I find  Lindays' toothless/teehless  guy kind of hot.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

Yea, Chazz marrying for the 5th time is actually believable and so is sexually torso obsessed Daonte. 

My first reaction to hearing about a regular person (as opposed to Elizabeth Taylerr) being married and divorced so many times would be that that person isn't paying attention to who is the common denominator in all those failed marriages.  But his inaction with Brenda I think is going to bolster any feeling he has that it was never his fault and will prevent his reading the tea leaves correctly.

Sure, Brenda is a prostitute (and not a very good one imo because wouldn't a good prostitute say things like oh your dick is way too big for me to handle instead of wah wah I'm so stressed) (and ps I think "stressed" should be a banned word from this show), but jesus his performance (not in bed ha ha) shows him to be the wieniest of all wienies and no girl wants that.  So I doubt that Chazz has learned one damn thing from his ordeal, least of all don't be such a fucking wienie.

And Daonte god bless him has found the perfect solution to his horniness:  a rubber torso he can fuck.  Why screw with success?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Amber, I believe she was pregnant. The pro life folks outside the clinic, the way she handled it.... she had gained significant weight.

I asked about her weight in an earlier episode - she’s much bigger. I believe she was pregnant too.

Chance is horrible.

On 10/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

You are absolutely right. “I did it for you! You told me you wanted nice things!” Which she didn’t - she’s the one who’s been telling him they need to save. Do they have jobs?

TC saying his kids are nearly grown cracks me up - aren’t they like 10?

Watching Sara and Destinie fight over Shawn was so fucking depressing. Just block her, my God. I did enjoy Sara cussing his ass out.

Queen’s faces while Amber and TC were fighting were FANTASTIC. I think we need a whole new cast (all these people suck except Daonte’s mom and friend), but I want to keep Queen. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Queen’s faces while Amber and TC were fighting were FANTASTIC. I think we need a whole new cast (all these people suck except Daonte’s mom and friend), but I want to keep Queen. 

Maybe we can add some "experts" to this show; like the Married At First Sight Experts, only with some actual wisdom. I nominate Queenie, Daonte's mom... surely there are some others out there...

• Love 1
On 10/15/2022 at 10:05 PM, Mothra said:

Alley Oop will never be satisfied with one woman.  He is of the Hill People, who walk with many women.  And his story was fake except for that glorious sock to the jaw of the guy who came to pick Cartier up.

Oh @Mothra, you never fail me! Lothar! Of the Hill People! I am DYING. 

Kevin, of Natural History Museum Diorama fame, will forever be my favorite just for the sake of all the caveman jokes his appearance this season generated. 

• Love 3
On 10/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, Empress1 said:

You are absolutely right. “I did it for you! You told me you wanted nice things!” Which she didn’t - she’s the one who’s been telling him they need to save.

So far, she doesn't seem to be responsible/liable for any of the things he has purchased.  JUST DON'T GET MARRIED!  If she's technically a widow, she might have some sort of Social Security income that could stop if she gets married (I don't know...just spouting off).

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

So far, she doesn't seem to be responsible/liable for any of the things he has purchased.  JUST DON'T GET MARRIED!  If she's technically a widow, she might have some sort of Social Security income that could stop if she gets married (I don't know...just spouting off).

The kid(s) whose father died would get Social Security Survivor benefits but I’m not sure she does. But regardless, she shouldn’t marry him. It’s a shame she’s tied to him with the baby.

Edited by Empress1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/15/2022 at 7:05 PM, Mothra said:

When Taylderr finds out about their debt, she will mysteriously disappear

Has Tayler purchased anything?  Signed anything?  I think this is all Chance's debt.

1 minute ago, Empress1 said:

The kid(s) whose father died would get Social Security Survivor benefits but I’m not sure she does. But regardless, she shouldn’t marry him. It’s a shame she’s tied to home with the baby.

This was on an attorney's website regarding "young" workers who die and their survivors.

"Upon a worker's death, Social Security pays benefits to each minor or disabled child and to the worker's widow(er), provided a child of the worker is in his or her care.

Although remarriage has no effect on a child's eligibility for benefits, the benefit going directly to the widow(er) terminates if he or she remarries. One policy rationale for the marriage termination provision is to ensure a well-targeted and less expensive Social Security program. That is, a widow(er) who remarries has access to his or her new spouse's income and is in less need of support from a public program. On the other hand, the termination provision may affect marriage decisions, with some widow(er)s not remarrying and others postponing marriage."

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Has Tayler purchased anything?  Signed anything?  I think this is all Chance's debt.

Oh--good point!  We learned from the Saga of Ray and Brittany that debt incurred before the wedding belongs to the incurrer, not the married couple.

Don't marry him, Taylderr, if only to avoid debtor's prison.

• Like 1

That depends on the state.  Since she hasn't signed any documents on the debt, it is currently 100% on him.  She would be a fool to marry him.  Even if she is not responsible for that debt (which again, depends on state law and definition of marital assets), he'll likely continue to spend well beyond their means after marriage and she will be stuck with his bad decisions. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, Crazydoxielady said:

Amber, I believe she was pregnant. The pro life folks outside the clinic, the way she handled it.... she had gained significant weight. I hope she takes precautions from here. I am surprised Eric and Puppy are marrying next year, and I will believe that when I see it.

<snip>

I'm watching the reruns and I am sure she was pregnant. But what she was doing was telling everyone a line of bull about what the doctor supposedly told her (the pregnancy could kill her) in order the justify an abortion. Since her bf was pro-life, her lie was her way out. Did she think the meeting with the doctor would not be shown? SMH

• Love 1