Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E22: Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Jel said:

Bots are not people writing the posts, right? So sometimes they mess up and don’t get the messaging right. Could it be that?

And if it is, go humans! 

The messages are written by humans who have a particular agenda - the bots are a way of sending massive numbers of these messages.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Blondie said:

In law, "without prejudice" means that the charges can be brought up again.  "with prejudice" means that it's over, done with, and can not be brought up again.  

Wouldn’t it be great if Andy questioned Erika about her understanding of the phrase “without prejudice”.  

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Erika would say he’s asking a dumb question! 

It would be great if he set her up. Something like "So, I understand the case was dismissed without prejudice." 

Erika: "Yes! I'm winning!" 

Andy: "You realize that the case can be brought against you again?" 

Erika: ......

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 10/17/2022 at 9:43 PM, ChristmasJones said:

On this point though, if Diana wanted to drive Garcelle off the show, and wanted to pay bots or hire whoever to send a message to Garcelle's son to make that happen, how does it benefit Dianna to include the phrase "leave Diana out of it."  It seems it would be much more effective if these horrible threats and comments were made to appear from someone else other than the person who made them.

Is it possible Lisa or Erika did it rather than Diana?

It is not bots behind the private messages. It is stans who are so fanatical about their celebrities (even if they are d list ones) that they try to defend them and "protect" them no matter what. It didn't help Diana had some not too friendly posts about Garcelle on her IG. A not too clever stan would consider it encouragement to attack Garcelle and Jax (because he appeared on the show, and he is an easy target) on a direct (private) message. 

Stans post on IG posts, for example, as well. They act the same way as described above. As for bots, they are not humans, and they post en masse. It's obvious what they are because their accounts are new, private, have no profile photos, etc.

So both could have attack Garcelle and Jax.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It would be great if he set her up. Something like "So, I understand the case was dismissed without prejudice." 

Erika: "Yes! I'm winning!" 

Andy: "You realize that the case can be brought against you again?" 

Erika: ......

And it was immediately refilled since it had been dismissed in Chicago for lack of jurisdiction and the appropriate venue was California. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 10/12/2022 at 8:43 PM, njbchlover said:

Kyle is sharp tonight - I hate to admit this, but she is right to call Crystal out on her contradictions.

I totally agree! Crystal made mountains out of molehills and made Sutton look bad for no reason.
Crystal seems to have that millennials and generation Z attitude that HER version of any story is the TRUTH, her truth. Even if her truth is not accurate she believes because it is the way she feels then it should be recognized by everyone else as the final word.
This is such a self-absorbed and delusional way of thinking and was most likely born out of the "everyone gets an award" era. Outside of the scope of RHOBH it's a dangerous mental outlook that breeds misinformation and bleeds into the media.
I found Crystal's persistent effort to defend 'her truth' despite Kyle pointing out that her story never made any sense to be very revealing.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I totally agree! Crystal made mountains out of molehills and made Sutton look bad for no reason.
Crystal seems to have that millennials and generation Z attitude that HER version of any story is the TRUTH, her truth. Even if her truth is not accurate she believes because it is the way she feels then it should be recognized by everyone else as the final word.
This is such a self-absorbed and delusional way of thinking and was most likely born out of the "everyone gets an award" era. Outside of the scope of RHOBH it's a dangerous mental outlook that breeds misinformation and bleeds into the media.
I found Crystal's persistent effort to defend 'her truth' despite Kyle pointing out that her story never made any sense to be very revealing.

How Crystal FEELS about what was said is far different than the TRUTH about what was said.  Facts are facts.  Crystal implied there was MORE than the initial pool story.  But never came up with further facts.  No one's disputing the pool story. No alternate version was offered by Sutton, nor augmentation provided by Crystal.  The FACTS and TRUTH are not at odds.  But when Crystal  described her FEELINGS about what Sutton said as "HER TRUTH," that muddied the waters.  It's not "her" truth vs. "someone else's" truth.  There is TRUTH - what actually happened. Then there is something else - her feelings about that & whether she deemed it socially appropriate. 

Yes, Crystal's entitled to her feelings as to what happened - according to her own special & unique sensitivities, sensibilities & experience.  She & Kyle need not be so snotty with each other Crystal's inarticulateness.  It's not "gotcha."  It would behoove Crystal to speak more clearly, clarify when asked, & not allude to things that didn't happen (or she doesn't want to discuss.) Somewhere, the "truth" & feelings got twisted, conflated.  They're both WAY too annoyed with each other and each is focused on different aspects - TRUTH (facts) on one hand, FEELINGS about them on the other hand.   

• Applause 3
  • Love 4
On 10/13/2022 at 1:16 PM, Natalie68 said:

No burglar would break the largest window (sliding glass doors) to gain access especially when that is the area with cameras.  May have well announced their intentions with a megaphone. 

Actually, its easier to get in through a large door or window than it is a small one, broken or not.  Most burglars go through doors, not windows.  Most security cameras aren't monitored in real time and even though they were caught on video clips in this case, they haven't been identified so far, so cameras aren't that much of a deterrent, really.  Look at all the porch pirate videos people post and they don't help catch the theif or get their stuff back most of the time.  Alarms don't even stop them if they know the location of what they want.  They can get in and out before the police are notified.  With our system, police aren't notified if the alarm is disarmed with the correct code unless it's gone off for a certain amount of time.  Then the alarm company calls every contact number for the owner to make sure it's a real emergency and if they can't contact the homeowner they call the police.    Our alarm company doesn't even call us back if the alarm is set off accidentally and we disarm it before it's gone off for a certain amount of time.  I dont think it's possible to assume that "no burglar" would do this or that because most of them get off on the act of stealing whether they make any money off it or not.  They like the rush, it's a drug to them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, shirazplease said:

Actually, its easier to get in through a large door or window than it is a small one, broken or not.  Most burglars go through doors, not windows.  Most security cameras aren't monitored in real time and even though they were caught on video clips in this case, they haven't been identified so far, so cameras aren't that much of a deterrent, really.  Look at all the porch pirate videos people post and they don't help catch the theif or get their stuff back most of the time.  Alarms don't even stop them if they know the location of what they want.  They can get in and out before the police are notified.  With our system, police aren't notified if the alarm is disarmed with the correct code unless it's gone off for a certain amount of time.  Then the alarm company calls every contact number for the owner to make sure it's a real emergency and if they can't contact the homeowner they call the police.    Our alarm company doesn't even call us back if the alarm is set off accidentally and we disarm it before it's gone off for a certain amount of time.  I dont think it's possible to assume that "no burglar" would do this or that because most of them get off on the act of stealing whether they make any money off it or not.  They like the rush, it's a drug to them.

I’m learning so much from you guys!

I will, however, add that in The Real Bling Ring, a friend recognized one of the thieves from video. I realize that this was probably an exception to the rule. 

(Coincidentally, they stole from Paris Hilton, not from a Kardashian or The Harry Hamlin House.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Surrealist said:

love how none of us refers to Harry Hamlin as just Harry. 🤣

I’d be fine with calling him Nicolette Sheridans ex. Or even Ursula Andress’es sons, father.

Edited by SassyCat
Sp
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7

Rewatching this. I had forgotten how disturbing and ugly the exchanges were between Garcelle and Diana over those texts, and Kyle having the gall to try to “womansplain” Diana to Garcelle.

What a real low for this franchise.

So glad Diana is GONE. She was one of the all-time worst.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6