Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don’t think she answered.  If I remember correctly she asked Anna to stop asking her questions.  Everyone knows Nicole still loves Eric.  
     So this random cop not only gets handcuffed but has all his clothes stolen.    Not really buying his story.  Something seems off with that story.
     Jada was really rough for her sister.  Her sister needed to hear it.  I do wonder if Talia will get some therapy.  I would like to hear her talk with out shrieking.   It might be interesting to see how and why she felt she had to help Colin. 
    Talia is relieved that Colin would not have a murder charge.   Colin was ready to blame everything on Talia.  He really kept his hands clean at the beginning.  
     The Paula looka like creeped me out.  Not the sweet Sinclair I remember.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I just finished watching yesterday's episode; I'm about to start today's episode. I have a few comments.

1. I've really disliked EC/Jada's acting choices these past few weeks, especially these past few episodes. Something in her acting has changed, and I'm not feeling the sisterly chemistry between Jada and Talia. I hope the show can course correct because I like Jada, but something's off.

2. I love Anna, and I think LH is one of the best actresses on the show. However, I think the show either needs to bring on a SORASED Noah for her, or she needs to be written off the show. The Anna/Nicole scenes make no sense considering their shared history which is rooted in baby secrets. I think Anna/Nicole/EJ/Eric/Tony could be quite dynamic. Considering Anna's role in the Sydnapping, Tony "dying" during the Mia/Nicole/Sydney/Grace storyline. (I know that was because of the Dimera vs. Kiriakis war, but Tony was simultaneously feuding with Nicole regarding the Mia/Grace secret). Anna going on the run for years because EJ and/or Stefano were after her. Anna and Eric could have a complicated and nuanced relationship because of Anna's role in the Sydnapping but also Anna's connection to Carrie. None of that is happening. It's weird seeing Anna be so maternal to Nicole - who doesn't deserve it - when Anna presumably lost years of her life on the run because of Nicole, EJ, and Sami's drama. 

3. I liked the fake Paulina much more than I was expecting. There have been a lot of abductions in Salem lately.

About to watch today's episode.

• Like 4

I just finished today's episode.

I like when Soap characters jump to the wrong but reasonable conclusion. Paulina and Rafe and even Sloan believing Colin kidnapped Abe makes sense and raises the stakes for Abe in an appropriate manner.

I like Fake Paulina. I'm certain the stuffed cats are for budgeting and ease of filming purposes, but they do make her seem even more unhinged and desperate. The actress is doing a great job, and I'm even finding Abe enjoyable. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the two are balancing humor and menace quite well. Whitley/Fake Paulina seems desperate enough to do anything while it still feels appropriately comedic. I question if Ron has been looking on his neighbor's test for answers regarding these two.

I have to give Ron another compliment - I'm shocked. I loved the Rafe and Paulina interaction. Rafe - "Abe is a fighter." Paulina - "Abe just had brain surgery. What is he going to fight with?" I seriously guffawed. 

I wish the show hired a different actor for Colin. He doesn't feel menacing. Just rude.

Leo is a waste of a character.

I know Ericole are defined by their "pained loved." However, I'm exhausted by these two.

I despise weepy Nicole.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

No spoilers but I'm betting it isn't Eric's DNA on that swab.

I’m starting to think that as well. And once again, I can’t help but feel Sloan had a suspicious, devious look to her when Eric told Sloan today that Nicole was going to the hospital with the swab.  Am I reading too much into her looks?  Oh please Days…don’t let our suspicions come true when you were doing so well!

I FF’d most of Abe’s scenes with anyone (Paulina etc.) but watched enough to see the show is willing to switch on a dime just how out of it Abe is after his surgery.  With Chanel, he’s barely coherent, barely able to know his own name (exaggerating but you get the idea).  Mostly the same condition while fake Paulina took him away from the hospital. Then at fake Paulina’s house, he’s suddenly almost in complete control of his faculties!  Strong mind and voice.  Well well well, how convenient. 

• Like 5
23 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Here, here!  This storyline is certainly not progressing (so far) with the tropes I was dreading.  But I thought Sloan had a weird look on her face when she and Eric talked about Eric handling the swab.  There was a brief shot of Sloan looking at the swab while Eric was talking and I dunno…her look was a bit calculating/devious.  I hope I just imagined it. Please, please, please Days, continue to play it straight with this story (at least Sloan - and now Eric’s part in it).

A Different World, right?  Just need Jasmine Guy and Kadeem Hardison (sp?) to show up!

Yes that's what I'm referencing and that would be awesome if they would show up somehow. 

• Like 2

Nicole was more honest with Eric than I expected. More mature. She spoke reality - she doesn’t want to hurt anyone, she doesn’t want Eric and EJ warring over this, she realizes that she can still lose the baby. No games, no scheming. Hope Sloan did not tamper with the swab. Now she has to tell EJ.

The infection at the hospital was a nice cover. When some folks are in palliative care, visitors do have to mask and gown and wear gloves so they don’t trigger an infection.

Whitley/Fake Paulina is odd. The cat collection was a bit creepy. Abe did seem more in control of his faculties at the strange apartment. No idea who this Nurse Whitley is or why she wants Abe.

I also laughed at Paulina’s ‘he just had brain surgery’ comment.

Leo, wow, you do hang out everywhere. Once the accent came up, hello Colin and bye, phone.

Why would Eric be talking to Marlena about him possibly being a father until the results come in? Nicole is 7 weeks?

• Like 4

Leo is lucky all Colin did was break his phone.  Leo you could have had a scoop.  Next Time play it cool.  
   Rafe is extremely unlikeable in this story.   He doesn’t learn from any of his past mistakes.  Instead of blaming Sloan for everything he should blame himself for not looking for other suspects.  There’s like four people on this board who want Paulina gone.  Geez. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Eric be talking to Marlena about him possibly being a father until the results come in? Nicole is 7 weeks?

Because he's the worst.  He pretended to actually listen to Nicole, and pretended to understand her emotional state and then went running to mommy like a 7 year old who just learned about a new dinosaur.  WHY are women so desperate to be with this guy?

28 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Rafe is extremely unlikeable in this story.   He doesn’t learn from any of his past mistakes.  Instead of blaming Sloan for everything he should blame himself for not looking for other suspects.  There’s like four people on this board who want Paulina gone.  Geez. 

He was SO committed to blaming Sloan that now, if some kids paint graffiti on a park bench he's going to haul Sloan in for questioning, insisting that somehow, she could have stopped everything.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

@DaphneCat, I wonder if Nicole will bring up him abandoning her and Holly, along with Allie and Henry to go play savior to folks in Africa. Being away for 3 months as originally planned is one thing - he stayed in Africa for almost a year. Is he going to stick around in Salem and be a parent, or take off? Does he like the romance of being a dad but without responsibility? What if it is EJs?

Sloan is probably a smarter cookie who would have a plan if Eric bails. Yeah, enjoy a relationship with him, but do take a step back and look at some of his past behavior and actions - with Nicole, Sarah, Jada, etc. Unless he has addressed his issues and stuff, you will get a dose of it.

• Applause 5
(edited)
14 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Because he's the worst.  He pretended to actually listen to Nicole, and pretended to understand her emotional state and then went running to mommy like a 7 year old who just learned about a new dinosaur.  WHY are women so desperate to be with this guy?

I wonder that, too.  The second he gets a whiff that someone might have done something he "disapproves" of, he swoops in with his hurt face, wounded, sullen look and that half cry he uses to croak out what wrong might have been done to him.  He acted today like a bad tempered 2 year old until he got Nicole to "confess" what was her damn business until SHE decided to tell him.  He's a spoiled brat, and that's on his best day.

I pretty much choked when Nicole told him how "amazing" he was with Holly.  He sure as hell had no trouble dumping her for his Africa adventure, though. 

I guess I can see the attraction if he was kept in nothing but a towel with his lips sewn shut but otherwise, I'm at a loss as to what those women see in the putz.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole was more honest with Eric than I expected. More mature. She spoke reality - she doesn’t want to hurt anyone, she doesn’t want Eric and EJ warring over this, she realizes that she can still lose the baby. No games, no scheming.

I was also impressed with the choices the writers made here. They could have easily had Nicole lie and deny and Eric rage at her (which only would have given me Priest Rape storyline flashbacks, which I seriously wasn't looking forward to), but instead the conversation really flowed from one thought to the next pretty naturally. They worked through a series of emotions, and it definitely didn't feel like Eric was hating on her for getting pregnant. He didn't accept her apologizing for it, and was there for her as she opened up about all her fears. It was surprisingly mature!

...and was that the first time we've seen two characters share one scene lasting from one commercial break to the next? I think it was! The show used to devote a good solid chunk of time to featuring only one scene between commercial breaks, just so the characters and audience could absorb the full gravity of their conversation, if it warranted that kind of focus. I think they did that in this episode and I really liked that.

I still think the emphasis here should be more on "I'm carrying another baby that will die!" and less on "who is the Daddy?", given that the kid is 99% likely to be stillborn (I know that's probably not where this is going, but still).

Anyway, I thought it was well handled and I'm - like many of you - relieved to see them pacing this rather quickly and not just repeating a past WTD storyline. This could have been Nicole lying until Xmas. It's not! Amen to that.

Though I fully agree, him telling Marlena is stupid and premature. He literally knows nothing about how this will pan out. And I also didn't like Marlena basically nudging Kayla to divulge Nicole's secrets. I'm sure Doc has had to cover for a patient and lie about stuff. Kayla was clearly squirming. Marlena should have backed off.

I wonder what her take on all this will be if it ends up being Eric's baby. Marlena seems not to be a Nicole fan, so will this be good news to her? Better than if Sloan were pregnant? I just can't tell why she or Anna had to be involved in this story so early on...

Like many of you, I'm also really liking - to my surprise - this random crazy nurse story. Abe's acting is all over the place, but she's definitely bringing the silly and scary in equal measure.

Are she and Paulina's actress sharing the same wig though, to save on costs? Or did DAYS buy two?

I also felt like this episode had a bunch of new music cues - the Nicole/Eric chat stood out for that reason, as did the Crazy Nurse's apartment. Good on the show for paying for some new instrumentals. They enhanced things.

The Leo stuff was predictably pointless. I'm sick of his gay references - oh you must be that stripper I saw! Nice nightstick! etc - and attempts at humor. None of the jokes ever land. Leo: you aren't funny, you aren't rootable, and I'd much rather see Will or Sonny or even Paul drop the gay references, because it'd be slightly more bearable coming from them. This character is just such a bust.

Can he and Gwennie take a roadtrip, please? Thelma and Louise-style?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

He needed to talk to someone and he seems close to his mom.  Belle would have judged him.  Giving their history with Nicole  I don’t know if he could talk to Brady.  

• Like 4

Ok, another solid episode! Not bad, Show, not bad!

I really enjoyed Nicole shutting EJ down at the hospital and reminding them both that she'll need both their support given the high-risk situation. Well-handled and earned.

I like all the questions being brought up as well: does Nicole see a future with EJ, or Eric? Can EJ deal with her sharing a kid with Eric? Does Eric still love her? Was Nicole keeping her options open?

The only problem I have is this bizarre "Eric has always wanted a family!" angle. Wasnt he a priest...repeatedly? During his prime fertility years no less?

I like the guy, but when Marlena gushed about what a good father he'd make, if only he had his own kids, I was like ".....um, remember Holly? The girl who called him Daddy until he abandoned her after becoming her stepdad?"

Married Eric going off to Africa for a year was the most problematic storyline choice in the long run because it ruined his credibility as a reliable man who wants a family. He had one! He walked away from one!

But I guess since that was due to sloppy writing, I should try and ignore it and stop expecting the show to investigate it or resolve it.

I need Holly back on the canvas though. If they're going to see this pregnancy through, I want Nicole's daughter involved.

Meagan has suddenly gone Cobra Commander and it's kind of hilarious.

I actually enjoyed Gabi and Stefan romancing each other today. But wasn't he supposed to be the new Big Bad, Ron? Huh. Guess you got bored with that idea, eh?

• Like 5
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ok, another solid episode! Not bad, Show, not bad!

I really enjoyed Nicole shutting EJ down at the hospital and reminding them both that she'll need both their support given the high-risk situation. Well-handled and earned.

I like all the questions being brought up as well: does Nicole see a future with EJ, or Eric? Can EJ deal with her sharing a kid with Eric? Does Eric still love her? Was Nicole keeping her options open?

The only problem I have is this bizarre "Eric has always wanted a family!" angle. Wasnt he a priest...repeatedly? During his prime fertility years no less?

I like the guy, but when Marlena gushed about what a good father he'd make, if only he had his own kids, I was like ".....um, remember Holly? The girl who called him Daddy until he abandoned her after becoming her stepdad?"

Married Eric going off to Africa for a year was the most problematic storyline choice in the long run because it ruined his credibility as a reliable man who wants a family. He had one! He walked away from one!

But I guess since that was due to sloppy writing, I should try and ignore it and stop expecting the show to investigate it or resolve it.

I need Holly back on the canvas though. If they're going to see this pregnancy through, I want Nicole's daughter involved.

Meagan has suddenly gone Cobra Commander and it's kind of hilarious.

I actually enjoyed Gabi and Stefan romancing each other today. But wasn't he supposed to be the new Big Bad, Ron? Huh. Guess you got bored with that idea, eh?

I agree with EVERYTHING in this post.  I'm not religious but every time someone brings up how Eric has ALWAYS wanted to be a father I want to throw something at the TV.  Being a PRIEST is not some casual job you do until you find your real occupation.  Eric WILLINGLY chose - more than once - a future where having children was forbidden, yet somehow having children has always been a life long dream??!   And your point about how he actually DID have a child - who had no other father figure with whom he had to compete - and CHOSE to pretty much abandon her is spot on.  Mr. Cat used to joke that he would be the perfect British father - the child would be presented to him - clean, fed and quiet.  He would read it a story and it would then be taken away and dealt with by someone not him.  It seems like that is the kind of father Eric wants to be - deal with the child when it suits him, otherwise he can just run off and save the world or whatever.  He likes the idea of fatherhood more than the actual job.

Is there a feminine equivalent to twirling your mustache?  Whatever that is, she needs to start doing it.  It looks like they're really going to go out of their way to turn her in to the next cartoon villain.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

I don't really care that Holly is never seen but it feels really ridiculous that no one is talking about her in this particular story. They should SORAS her to like at least an early teen imo.

I hope Megan and Kristen take Dimera from Stefan and EJ. Dimitri can come, too. I like him so far. 

• Like 7
17 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

He was SO committed to blaming Sloan that now, if some kids paint graffiti on a park bench he's going to haul Sloan in for questioning, insisting that somehow, she could have stopped everything.

I know people rag on Brady and think he's worse than Eric but I find him far more loyal to the women in his life despite his addictive ways. He's also not that self righteous either in comparison.

• Like 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Eric WILLINGLY chose - more than once - a future where having children was forbidden, yet somehow having children has always been a life long dream??!   And your point about how he actually DID have a child - who had no other father figure with whom he had to compete - and CHOSE to pretty much abandon her is spot on.  Mr. Cat used to joke that he would be the perfect British father - the child would be presented to him - clean, fed and quiet.  He would read it a story and it would then be taken away and dealt with by someone not him.  It seems like that is the kind of father Eric wants to be - deal with the child when it suits him, otherwise he can just run off and save the world or whatever.  He likes the idea of fatherhood more than the actual job.

👏👏👏

While I don't think Eric has no use for kids,  we've seen so little of him interacting with kids that I can see why Mr. Cat would think that.

Your point about Holly losing a father figure twice stands. And this time, it was his choice essentially. He didn't even keep up a relationship with her after his breakup with Nicole. BUT! I guess in order for Eric to still be a Good Guy, we'll all have to forget about that and just go with who Eric has been in general for the last 30 years - a guy who would probably be a great father. That's how I prefer to see the character anyway.

I'm just turned off by the Show's implication that Holly, as a daughter through marriage only and not blood (who Nicole in death even wanted Eric to raise!! I just remembered that!!) was not enough of a "real" child of Eric's.

Hey Show - knock that off right now. Blood has little to do with what actually makes a family. If you were better written, Eric and Holly would have a relationship still.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

They should SORAS her to like at least an early teen imo.

Oh dear god no. Then she'll get raped too.

...sorry to say it but you know it's true.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

Being a father is a 24/7/365 job and a very hard job. Any man can be a biological father. It is the day in and day out of changing diapers, feeding the baby, teaching him or her basic life skills, being a support to the mom, reading to the kid, teaching him or her to read and write and be a good person. Did he stick around with Holly or just lose interest?

Kayla has both prospective daddies at the hospital and she should do a clean test.

I did like Nicole standing up for herself and for both daddies to put themselves last. EJ behaved as expected. Yes, EJ, Nicole was going to tell you - she just needed a few days. Her real concern is if the baby will actually make it. I don’t know if she is keeping her options open, but if both prospective daddies act like immature combative nincompoops, she can choose herself.

Gabi and Stefan were boring.

Kristen and Megan? Those two will trust each other as far as they can throw their heels at each other.

Why would Harris Michaels want to move to sleepy Salem?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Harris is from Salem. He was on the show as a teenager. He used to date Eve. 

Really good week. One thing that stood out. Did anyone notice Jada's cryptic line about abuse?  When Talia was denying Colin would ever hit her Jada made the point that "You and I both know there are other kinds of abuse" 

I don't think they would touch Marcus's legacy, but I wonder if we will get an emotionally abusive mother storyline with the sisters.  Paging Victoria Rowell!!!!! 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 5/30/2023 at 11:14 AM, nilyank said:

I don’t know why they couldn’t use EJ’s precious dna submission for the last two times Nicole was pregnant.

That was so long ago EJ is a totally different person now. 

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Kayla has both prospective daddies at the hospital and she should do a clean test.

This! But I have a very bad feeling it will turn out that Sloan swabbed herself and the test will show since Eric is not a DNA match, Kayla says the baby daddy is EJ.  I would love it if EJ really and truly was the father and thus, Sloan didn’t need to go through the machinations of pretending she swabbed Eric. 

Just now, tribeca said:

That was so long ago EJ is a totally different person now. 

🤣. I see what you did there!

• Like 6

At this point, Sloan does have a vested interest in the paternity. Eric claims to love her and she also loves him. She may want to solidify that by using a wrong sample. Insecure, maybe; disliking Nicole, yep. So many Salem babies have been switched and paternities tampered that it does come out. Be honest, let the chips fall. Eric is not that much of a prize. Pickings may be slim in Salem….

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why would Harris Michaels want to move to sleepy Salem?

Because Steve Burton needs to support his kids as a single dad and he's still on timeout with ABC? 

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh dear god no. Then she'll get raped too.

...sorry to say it but you know it's true.

I think Ciara's rape was Josh Griffiths chasing yet again the high of the Marty Saybrooke gangrape storyline on One Life to Live, while Allie's rape was about referencing Sami shooting off the penis of her (first) rapist.

Was Nicole ever raped? I don't think they'd rape Holly unless it's a parallel to Nicole's past. It'd be more likely for Holly to get convinced into doing naughty pictures because that was early Nicole's most notable storyline.

22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I also felt like this episode had a bunch of new music cues - the Nicole/Eric chat stood out for that reason, as did the Crazy Nurse's apartment. Good on the show for paying for some new instrumentals. They enhanced things.

I've been noticing the new music cues they seem to be playing now  and I really like it. 

On 6/1/2023 at 11:11 AM, 4evaQuez said:

I wish the show hired a different actor for Colin. He doesn't feel menacing. Just rude.

It's funny because I keep thinking he probably could have played Johnny Dimera in the vein of a spoiled brat type. Carson Boatman just feels too nice.

I also kept thinking the Talia actress could have played a version of Chanel that would have been closer to what Precious Way did. 

• Like 6
(edited)
45 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I've been noticing the new music cues they seem to be playing now  and I really like it. 

Nothing makes this show feel more stale and played-out than that "dadadada-DUH!" instrumental "string" music they've used for every episode cliffhanger for the last ten years. If I never hear that cue again, I won't shed a single tear, let me tell you.

I never thought I'd be nostalgic for 80s and 90s synthy soap opera music cues, but here we are LOL!

45 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I also kept thinking the Talia actress could have played a version of Chanel that would have been closer to what Precious Way did. 

Good catch! Yes, she definitely could have. But I disliked PW's interpretation - though I bought her more as a bisexual, for whatever reason - so I'm happy with the Chanel we have now. She has brains and integrity in a way the previous actress' version didn't.

On another note, an issue I have with this pregnancy storyline is that I feel like we didn't get enough time to see EJ and Nicole really become a lovey-dovey happy couple again. I'm not rooting for them or buying them as a pairing and maybe I should be. They do have chemistry together.

It just doesn't feel that long ago that Sami was in town and Nicole and EJ were only a random casual thing that happened without too much consequence. And now EJ's proposing marriage and saying he loves her...?

I feel like we could have used another two or three months of just Nicole and EJ being happy as a couple and really falling for each other again and building something new. And since we never know when Sami will return, I feel like the storyline could possibly be rendered meaningless because let's face it, the minute Samantha shows up EJ will always choose her instead.

Did she officially divorce EJ? I guess so if he proposed to Nicole, but I don't really remember that.

My point is, I want Samantha to come back and finally cut ties with EJ for good, if that's something the show will follow through on (sadly, I don't believe it ever will) and I also want Sami to show up so that Lucas can get out of jail and that ridiculous storyline can be resolved. I can't believe we went from seeing Sami and Lucas about to get married to Lucas going to jail indefinitely for years for having had her kidnapped. So stupid.

Philip can literally stage his death and frame Brady for his murder and just get sent to a mental institution off-camera, without any jail time. But Lucas gets thrown in prison for years and years and years over this ridiculous kidnapping scheme? And Kristen and Megan are both sent to prison and given an early release in the meanwhile!? Yeesh.

It used to be fun to anticipate when Sami would next pop up on the show again but now I feel like the question of whether or not EJ loves Nicole at all will be rendered meaningless the moment Sami reappears. So she should return sooner rather than later, IMHO.

Do any of you buy that EJami are really done?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do any of you buy that EJami are really done?

I really hope so.  DF's EJ, IMO, had zero chemistry with Sami and to be frank, seemed years younger than her Sami.  He and Sweeney didn't work at all, at least not for me.

I'm one of the few who prefer his EJ over Original Recipe and have since he came on.  I think he's gotten even better since then.  I thought Original Recipe was a British windbag from Day 1, the same way I felt ages ago when he was on AMC.

So that's my long winded way of saying I think EJami are really done.  And if not, they should be.

• Like 7
  • Applause 6

boes, I agree wholeheartedly with every single word posted.

Hopefully, we can go on enjoying the status quo. 

AS can stay with Hallmark, and just make a holiday appearance every once in a while...if she must 😉

• Like 6
1 hour ago, boes said:

I really hope so.  DF's EJ, IMO, had zero chemistry with Sami and to be frank, seemed years younger than her Sami.  He and Sweeney didn't work at all, at least not for me.

I'm one of the few who prefer his EJ over Original Recipe and have since he came on.  I think he's gotten even better since then.  I thought Original Recipe was a British windbag from Day 1, the same way I felt ages ago when he was on AMC.

DF looks like he could be Alison Sweeney's brother. After that was pointed out by Disney Boy, I couldn't unsee it. The mouth and eyes especially. In any event I started liking this version of EJ when he started battling with Jake/Stefan over Dimera, and found him especially hilarious when he started his hateMance with Gabi and then Tamera Braun. 

19 minutes ago, Soapy Goddess said:

AS can stay with Hallmark, and just make a holiday appearance every once in a while...if she must 😉

I still think she and Lucas should have just rode off into the sunset. 

• Like 7
8 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Harris is from Salem. He was on the show as a teenager. He used to date Eve. 

He took a bet to sleep with Eve so his friends could humiliate her. Yeah he felt bad when she took an overdose after that, and apologized, but let's not call that "dating". 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Really good week. One thing that stood out. Did anyone notice Jada's cryptic line about abuse?  When Talia was denying Colin would ever hit her Jada made the point that "You and I both know there are other kinds of abuse" 

I don't think they would touch Marcus's legacy, but I wonder if we will get an emotionally abusive mother storyline with the sisters.  Paging Victoria Rowell!!!!! 

Yea, I thought that line was probably foreshadowing something, too. I thought maybe Jada had an abusive ex but your idea would be something less overused.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

He took a bet to sleep with Eve so his friends could humiliate her. Yeah he felt bad when she took an overdose after that, and apologized, but let's not call that "dating". 

I remembered the storyline wrong, my sincere apologies!!!

9 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Because Steve Burton needs to support his kids as a single dad and he's still on timeout with ABC? 

I think Ciara's rape was Josh Griffiths chasing yet again the high of the Marty Saybrooke gangrape storyline on One Life to Live, while Allie's rape was about referencing Sami shooting off the penis of her (first) rapist.

Was Nicole ever raped? I don't think they'd rape Holly unless it's a parallel to Nicole's past. It'd be more likely for Holly to get convinced into doing naughty pictures because that was early Nicole's most notable storyline.

It's funny because I keep thinking he probably could have played Johnny Dimera in the vein of a spoiled brat type. Carson Boatman just feels too nice.

I'm pretty sure Nicole was raped by her father Paul Mendez. 

Jasper who plays Colin was up for the role of Johnny Dimera. It was between him and Carson. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Jasper who plays Colin was up for the role of Johnny Dimera. It was between him and Carson. 

I like Carson as he seems like a very sweet guy, but they should have picked Jasper. He feels more like a son that EJ and Sami would have produced.

Peter Porte was apparently up for EJ. I don't know though, in this case while he looks physically closer to James Scott, I'm glad they picked Dan because I like the Mistah Sheffield spin he's added to the character. (Peter also said he probably lost the EJ role because he can't do accents well.) I'm also really liking Dimitri so far.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I think Peter is a better fit for Dimitri, than EJ. But funny to me the accent would be the issue. All that EJ has gone thru, I wouldn't necessarily mind losing the British accent.  Especially considering Dimitri lost his 5 seconds into coming on the main show. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
34 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I like Carson as he seems like a very sweet guy, but they should have picked Jasper. He feels more like a son that EJ and Sami would have produced.

Peter Porte was apparently up for EJ. I don't know though, in this case while he looks physically closer to James Scott, I'm glad they picked Dan because I like the Mistah Sheffield spin he's added to the character. (Peter also said he probably lost the EJ role because he can't do accents well.) I'm also really liking Dimitri so far.

I think I would have liked Jasper as Johnny Dimera, too. As Johnny, I'm certain writing, directing, and acting would remove the abusive subtext of his scenes, and they would just let him be a royal asshole, which I think the actor does well. I think it'll also make sense why his version of Johnny wouldn't be well-liked by John. (Does anyone remember when Johnny was possessed by the Devil, unbeknownst to John, and John so obviously disliked Johnny? The show never explained whether John was supposed to be sensing the Devil in Johnny - it didn't play that way - or if John just didn't like Johnny - that's how it played. I don't think the two have shared scenes since. Will also disliked Johnny, and the show never gave us a reason why.)

As for Peter Porte, he's someone who simultaneously looks younger and older than his age to me. I'm not certain if I could buy him as Johnny's father or Sami partner. 

• Useful 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

As for Peter Porte, he's someone who simultaneously looks younger and older than his age to me. I'm not certain if I could buy him as Johnny's father or Sami partner. 

He's got a very mature face but his mannerisms feel slightly younger than him.

4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

they would just let him be a royal asshole, which I think the actor does well

Jasper does it pretty well.

Maybe after this Colin storyline wraps up he can die his hair darker and play Parker Jonas. Parker was born in 2010, so Parker should be about 23 years old now. You just know he'd be a total prick.

(You never know. I once talked about how RSW should just play one of the unseen Kiriakis brothers and it happened. Make this one happen, Ron!)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm glad they picked Dan because I like the Mistah Sheffield spin he's added to the character.

Come again?

😄 Aside from being a Brit, I don't see that at all.

15 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

You never know. I once talked about how RSW should just play one of the unseen Kiriakis brothers and it happened.

3Jdp.gif

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Come again?

😄 Aside from being a Brit, I don't see that at all.

I kept thinking Mistah Sheffield when Dan F. first came on, but I see what you mean.

This EJ did really start working for me when he began hilariously trying to battle Jake/Stefan for control of DiMera, and all his hatemance stuff with Gabi and Ava. 

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

3Jdp.gif

Yeah, I found it:

methodwriter85

February 5, 2022

On 2/5/2022 at 5:13 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe they'll have Ben leave with Ciara and then bring him back.

At this point, have him just come back as one of Sonny's brothers that we've never seen the adult version of before. He's the right age, the character is a total blank slate, he looks mildly similar to NuSonny, and they can avoid the drama with Cin fans because it's an entirely new character. Seriously, if we must have RSW, just give him a new character! They do this on General Hospital like all the time.

I mean, I don't actually think I gave Ron the idea because at this time RSW was posting photos in the dressing room at Days so he was likely already back and filming as Alex, but it's funny to think about.

I think Alex became more palatable as a character after his threesome with Chanel and Allie and Maggie absolutely hating him. LOL

I still sometimes wonder when he's going to scream "Ciawawa", though.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think Alex became more palatable as a character after his threesome with Chanel and Allie and Maggie absolutely hating him. LOL

...isn't zero times any amount still zero?

• LOL 8
On 6/3/2023 at 9:18 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I thought that line was probably foreshadowing something, too. I thought maybe Jada had an abusive ex but your idea would be something less overused.

That would make sense because Jada seems angry and worried about her sister at the same time.   I also wonder why she suspected her sister early on. 

• Like 4

I don't know how I feel about Sloan and the DNA swab. I really like Sloan, and from experience with this show, the writers no longer remember how to have an antagonist without making them an irredeemable cartoon villain. Granted, for me, there's something about a swab that feels less evil than switching paternity results, but I'm still concerned. I hope Sloan isn't roadkill for Ericole.

Sloan should just put Jada on the lease. I think we've seen Jada searching Sloan's home more than we've seen her in her room at the pub. I really dislike all the yelling EC/Jada has been doing lately. EC/Jada was not responding well to JS/Sloan well at all. However, I did like Jada's reaction to hearing Nicole is pregnant, possibly by Eric. I hope her abortion is somehow integrated into the storyline because I liked Jada vs. Nicole a lot more than Jada vs. Sloan. 

NB/Chloe lives in one of the Carolinas now. Today, while watching the show, it hit me that I think NB/Chloe did a lot of bulk filming. It would explain why she (and Xander) have a set dedicated to them, Chloe rarely leaves the set, and it explains why she is entirely absent from Nicole's storyline. It dawned on me because there's no other reason why the Gwen/Chloe scenes wouldn't have been filmed. There is a Spectator set after all. I actually was interested in seeing the Gwen/Chloe dynamic. I think they've only filmed together twice, and once was before their new rivalry. 

I hate how much I like Xoe.

Oh, the Dimeras were on, too. Someone said the show is trying to replicate the Quartermaimes (General Hospital) with the Dimera family, and I definitely saw that dynamic today. I kept waiting for a pizza to be delivered mid-scene. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

I hope Sloan isn't roadkill for Ericole.

The way I see it, I don't want Ericole to be roadkill for Sleric.

Ericole should have been together and happy from their marriage onward. Period. She'd still have beef with Sami and there could still be drama without them breaking up.

Its unfortunate that some enjoy Eric and Sloan together, but as a beautiful, bitchy character who is new to the canvas, I doubt they'd chain her to Eric permanently, when she could be more of a Gabi - saucy, free to be grey and able to date multiple men and have a variety of storylines.

1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

NB/Chloe lives in one of the Carolinas now. Today, while watching the show, it hit me that I think NB/Chloe did a lot of bulk filming. It would explain why she (and Xander) have a set dedicated to them, Chloe rarely leaves the set, and it explains why she is entirely absent from Nicole's storyline. It dawned on me because there's no other reason why the Gwen/Chloe scenes wouldn't have been filmed. There is a Spectator set after all. I actually was interested in seeing the Gwen/Chloe dynamic. I think they've only filmed together twice, and once was before their new rivalry. 

Interesting. Wait, there's suddenly a Spectator set?

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

when she could be more of a Gabi - saucy, free to be grey and able to date multiple men and have a variety of storylines.

Interesting. Wait, there's suddenly a Spectator set?

Personally, I would hate for Sloan to be like Gabi. I think the show damaged Gabi, apparently beyond return, during the Abby/Gabby/Gabi is beaten and loses the ability to give birth storyline. Since then, Gabi has felt isolated as a character from her core relationships - Will and Sonny and Chad -, has become more of a cartoon villain with that odd pacemaker storyline, has random feuds not based in history - Nicole and Chloe - and has seemed directionless. Gabi was one of my favorites, but I don't get much enjoyment from her anymore.

There has been a Spectator set for a little while now. We saw Gwen and Xander have some scenes there after they stole it from Jack and Jennifer. It isn't much, but it's there.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I think the show damaged Gabi, apparently beyond return, during the Abby/Gabby/Gabi is beaten and loses the ability to give birth storyline. Since then, Gabi has felt isolated as a character from her core relationships - Will and Sonny and Chad -, has become more of a cartoon villain with that odd pacemaker storyline, has random feuds not based in history - Nicole and Chloe - and has seemed directionless. Gabi was one of my favorites, but I don't get much enjoyment from her anymore.

Oh I completely agree regarding Gabi's needless downwards spiral...but Sloan has a blank slate, more or less, so they can take her wherever they want. So far she plays standoffish rather well but also has a bit of a conscience too. There's a lot of potential there. I expect she'll get moved around the board.

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Given everything Nicole pulled with Sydney I don't have a load of sympathy for her

Not sure if you're talking specifically about Sloan swabbing herself so Nicole got tainted DNA results, but for me, it's more that I'm disappointed the show trashed Sloan for this. Sloan seemed like a straight shooter who dealt with things as they came.  Now they have her doing something shady because she just can't lose Eric, when she doesn't know for a fact that would have happened.

Anyhoo...another thing about DNA tests:  isn't mitochondrial DNA only passed from female to female?  If so, wouldn't whoever ran the test be curious why male DNA contains mitochondrial DNA?  Anyone who knows about these things, please correct.

• Like 8

Ok. Wow. They're really leaning into this "take over the world!" mantra? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Embarrassing.

Anna may be vapid but at least she knows how to enjoy her riches and take it easy at her age. Megan wants...what exactly? Bo? Conquering nations?

Marrying Retiree Kristen is dumb as hell. Go get single lady Chanel on the rebound!

Leo just needs a boyfriend. I'll bet he'd calm the hell down and leave town if he had one. Too bad no one on their right mind would want him.

...exactly how much money does a columnist at a struggling local paper make? 😆

I wonder how Jada will figure into this pregnancy storyline, if she even does. Was the Jada abortion plot meant as a set-up for this later Ericole baby development? Or did they just abort her kid because they decided to shift gears and maneuver Eric back towards Nic after Jeric fizzled with viewers?

12 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I'm disappointed the show trashed Sloan for this. Sloan seemed like a straight shooter who dealt with things as they came.  Now they have her doing something shady because she just can't lose Eric, when she doesn't know for a fact that would have happened.

But hasn't Days taught us that all women never, EVER give up on a man? They just can't help it! 🙄 

Sloan isn't ruined by this. It's a minor offense. She'll look bad for a few weeks but will move on.

• Like 4

Still team Sloan. She can always plead not knowing what she was doing with the swab. Still beats stealing someone else's baby post birth

When Dmitri said he was incompatible with Kristen despite not knowing her I assumed he was gay and Leo's new love interest 

• Like 6