Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

On 6/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

That’s good to hear but nobody points out the fact that Abe/Paulina got married on the anniversary of Lexie’s death and how terrible it is.

They did? Eww. And then her ghost came back to encourage them to live and stay together.

Lexie had more brains than that.

Anyway, dull episode today. The Gwenresa/Benalex drama is way beyond its expiration date, though I liked Brady rolling with the punches and not going full neanderthal over her sleeping with him once and then jumping ship. Progress! Old Brady would have thumped his chest like crazy.

It's strange, because I haven't enjoyed any of his plots for a long time, but I do enjoy seeing Brady a bit more beaten down and humbled by the women he's been involved with (K and T and even Rachel). He was so insufferable for so long, strutting around like Mr Hot Stuff and now he's middle aged and sighing a lot and realizing that he's gotten himself into a ton of bad relationships where he has no real power. It's nice seeing him lose and (hopefully) grow up a bit in the process.

As for the Nicole scenes....meh. (see the behind the scenes thread for why)

I guess I basically don't care about Ericole anymore. Huh. It wasn't an easy ship to stick with anyhow. It's pretty pathetic seeing 50 year olds blushing and not being able to talk about their feelings as if they're 16.

TPTB had like a decade to make them an interesting couple, let them be married and explore what that would be like for them. And...they didn't.

I didn't even enjoy Nicole trash talking Sloan in the divorce announcement.

What a difference a day makes.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Does Eric even remember he had a daughter who died? I swear only Xander and Sarah remember and mourn Mickey.

Boring episode. EJ was the only bright spot.

Laughed at Theresa thanking Alex for saving her. Even Alex was embarrassed 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I enjoyed today.

The Tate actor was more convincingly playing a teen today. The Tate/Theresa/Holly scenes were good. Theresa and Tate have great mother/son chem. Theresa's 'bye' to Holly was hilarious.

The EJ/Stefan scenes were fun. The height difference alone was delighting me. As was EJ's sweater with absurdly long sleeves lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

The height thing makes Stefan dressing as Xander to shoot Harris even more stupid. Xander is about EJ's height and towers over Stefan too, that should have been evident in the shooting video too. Not to mention the rather glaring difference in builds.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

They did? Eww. And then her ghost came back to encourage them to live and stay together.

Lexie had more brains than that.

Anyway, dull episode today. The Gwenresa/Benalex drama is way beyond its expiration date, though I liked Brady rolling with the punches and not going full neanderthal over her sleeping with him once and then jumping ship. Progress! Old Brady would have thumped his chest like crazy.

It's strange, because I haven't enjoyed any of his plots for a long time, but I do enjoy seeing Brady a bit more beaten down and humbled by the women he's been involved with (K and T and even Rachel). He was so insufferable for so long, strutting around like Mr Hot Stuff and now he's middle aged and sighing a lot and realizing that he's gotten himself into a ton of bad relationships where he has no real power. It's nice seeing him lose and (hopefully) grow up a bit in the process.

As for the Nicole scenes....meh. (see the behind the scenes thread for why)

I guess I basically don't care about Ericole anymore. Huh. It wasn't an easy ship to stick with anyhow. It's pretty pathetic seeing 50 year olds blushing and not being able to talk about their feelings as if they're 16.

TPTB had like a decade to make them an interesting couple, let them be married and explore what that would be like for them. And...they didn't.

I didn't even enjoy Nicole trash talking Sloan in the divorce announcement.

What a difference a day makes.

Yes they killed Lexie off on Juneteenth, along with Eli/Lani's baby David(which I don't think Paulina knows about or does she?). They made that day better giving Abe a long overdue onscreen wedding except they could've chose any other day but that. Yet nobody from Lexie's family makes the connection or states the obvious of how distasteful that is. 

As for Ericole while I had no use for them as an item regardless, I don't think this show can write a mature relationship for anyone beyond the OG couples of this show(Jarlena, Stayla etc).  Eric/Nicole don't have much going for them beyond physical attraction tbh because their relationship is more toxic than anything else.  Soaps today can't write couples together unless they are a certain age(which Eric/Nicole are approaching but I digress) and if a couple is together they tend to be written out(Shelle).

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoyed today.

The Tate actor was more convincingly playing a teen today. The Tate/Theresa/Holly scenes were good. Theresa and Tate have great mother/son chem. Theresa's 'bye' to Holly was hilarious.

The EJ/Stefan scenes were fun. The height difference alone was delighting me. As was EJ's sweater with absurdly long sleeves lol.

Agreed on all counts. Tate seems more comfortable. He's only got to play a high school kid for a year, anyway. 

• Like 5

Xander telling Maggie the absolute truth about Konstantin, and her being cool with it, was perfect. As was her voicing what we have all been saying, that he is just like Victor. Can't wait for this story to kick off. And Mum Cook finally has a name! Fiona!

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Yeah that was the only good part of the episode today. I was glad they addressed that three fully grown men who all go to the gym apparently chose not to lift the frail old man off Theresa even though it would have been easy as pie.

Marlena telling Leo he's lovable and that she's proud of BenAlex, plus Leo doing meta commentary about Gwenresa is pretty much Ron's wet dream isn't it?

I'm not so naive to think showrunners on soaps don't have their pet characters, but Ron takes it to a new level. I can't stand it.

I'm sure he only wishes he'd squeezed Paulina in there too.

Does anyone fantasize about the day another showrunner steps in (if it ever comes) and quickly discards a dozen or so useless awful characters that clearly don't work, and Ron gets to watch from his livingroom as DOOL morphs into an infinitely more watchable show?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Given how much Marlena suddenly adores him Diana is totally going to confess she lied and John is in fact his dad, isn't she?

I mean, Diana took off after shooting John and they'd been having a lot of pre wedding sex, I thought even in 1989 that she left pregnant. It is one of the few times it would not be a retcon. And nobody did a follow up dna test after an angry Diana threw it in Leo's face that she lied about John being his father.

Brace yourself for Leo Black 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 8
1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

Given how much Marlena suddenly adores him Diana is totally going to confess she lied and John is in fact his dad, isn't she?

No. No no no no no.

Don't say things like that. Knock on wood.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6
59 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I mean, Diana took off after shooting John and they'd been having a lot of pre wedding sex, I thought even in 1989 that she left pregnant. It is one of the few times it would not be a retcon. And nobody did a follow up dna test after an angry Diana threw it in Leo's face that she lied about John being his father.

Is Days competing with B&B as to which guy (John v. Bill Spencer) can have more unknown kids being revealed?  

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Now it seems that Ron C. is just rewriting the Rex Balsom paternity storyline from his OLTL days and cutting it down to size to fit garden troll Leo.

Gaaaa.....

• LOL 5

Wow, Tate really hates his mom, huh? If he thinks that his mom is this bad now, wait until he finds out about all of the horrible stuff that she's been doing lately. He is definitely going to end up turning his back on her permanently and completely switch his loyalty to his dad. I won't be surprised if Tate wants absolutely nothing to do with his mom ever again, which is fine by me because if Theresa does end up leaving after her storyline ends, I don't expect her to come back for a very long time, (assuming she even comes back at this point). He might even decide to call Brady's next love interest his mommy just to spite her. 

15 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

if Tate wants absolutely nothing to do with his mom ever again, which is fine by me because if Theresa does end up leaving after her storyline ends, I don't expect her to come back for a very long time, (assuming she even comes back at this point). He might even decide to call Brady's next love interest his mommy just to spite her. 

That would be pretty pathetic for him to do, at his age.

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

He is definitely going to end up turning his back on her permanently and completely switch his loyalty to his dad.

That's not a switch. They were setting that up since the first day he arrived. Somehow the woman who raised him sucks, and Absent Daddy rocks.

I wonder if Jen L would even want to come back to this role after what's been done to it.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Does anyone fantasize about the day another showrunner steps in (if it ever comes) and quickly discards a dozen or so useless awful characters that clearly don't work

Not really.  I ihappen to like those characters, so . . . I don't fantasize about a thing.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

That's not a switch. They were setting that up since the first day he arrived. Somehow the woman who raised him sucks, and Absent Daddy rocks.

I wonder if Jen L would even want to come back to this role after what's been done to it.

Probably not. I get the impression that she's pretty much moved on from Days and she has absolutely no interest in coming back, especially long term. Besides, I honestly won't be surprised if this is going to be the very last that we're going to see of Theresa anyway and she just never appears on the show ever again for as long as this show continues to air, (which probably isn't going to be for too much longer at the rate things are going). And I'm actually okay with it. Because if this is how they're going to continue to write and portray Theresa and if they are not serious about an actual recast to begin with, then I rather not have her on my screen at all. 

45 minutes ago, boes said:

That would be pretty pathetic for him to do, at his age.

Yes but I honestly wouldn't put it past this show at this rate. He might even beg that person to adopt him and he'll even officially change his last name to whatever her last name is. A part of me still thinks that Brady's going to be ultimately endgame with either Chloe or Kristen, whichever happens first. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Well I'm glad that Genie's version of Diana isn't involved otherwise this would actually bother me.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm not so naive to think showrunners on soaps don't have their pet characters, but Ron takes it to a new level. I can't stand it.

It's not even close to Guza (?) and Sonny/Jason on GH.

Does anyone fantasize about the day another showrunner steps in (if it ever comes) and quickly discards a dozen or so useless awful characters that clearly don't work ...

No, because I guarantee you it would be worse lol.

1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Probably not. I get the impression that [JL]'s pretty much moved on from Days and she has absolutely no interest in coming back, especially long term.

Thank goodness because I can't stand her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thank goodness because I can't stand her.

Personally, I don't think Theresa should be a long term character anyway especially since the writers never know what to do with her to begin with so if anybody has to play her, barring an actual suitable recast, I rather have Jen Lilley play her because at least with her in the role Theresa is a lot more enjoyable and tolerable to watch and I don't have to cringe in disgust and contempt every time I lay eyes on her. 

Since I feel like this gold-digging thing with her is bound to get old and tired sooner or later anyway, (if it hasn't already, which let's be real it has and I know a lot of people are fed up with it already), what they should do with Theresa is just have her be the meddling and overbearing mom who pops in maybe once or twice a year in a recurring role and constantly interferes in her son's love life by trying to sabotage his relationships with whatever flavor of the week he's involved with because she doesn't think that anyone is good enough for him. At least you can get a lot more mileage out of playing that type of story for many more years than just having her play an amoral gold-digger with absolutely no morals or conscience, especially since it's predictable, boring and trite anyway. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 2

The Theresa and Leo nonsense over Gwen was not cute. I really don't want Gwen back. 

Now Maggie suddenly claims Victor was most like Xander and he was closest to him? I think that was Justin. 

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, Artsda said:

The Theresa and Leo nonsense over Gwen was not cute. I really don't want Gwen back. 

Now Maggie suddenly claims Victor was most like Xander and he was closest to him? I think that was Justin. 

Closest to him: Justin 

Most like Victor: Xander 

But Maggie is very biased. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Matt Ashford is looking really good!  He's let the gray grow in, looks like he's gotten a little trimmer and it's all working for him.

I'm happy to see him back.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

If it ensures getting Theresa off this show for good and guarantees that she will never darken Days' doorstep ever again, I'll gladly take Gwen back at this point. If Ron insists on having Emily O'Brien continue to be on this show, I rather have her play Gwen. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Is Days competing with B&B as to which guy (John v. Bill Spencer) can have more unknown kids being revealed?  

Stefano already won that contest!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Closest to him: Justin 

Most like Victor: Xander 

But Maggie is very biased. 

Yea, she's so far up Xander's ass lol.

10 hours ago, boes said:

Matt Ashford is looking really good!  He's let the gray grow in, looks like he's gotten a little trimmer and it's all working for him.

I'm happy to see him back.

He really did look great. He wasn't embarrassing me with his acting either, so that was a nice change.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Omg. Trying to get through today’s ep and Abe’s chuckling is worse than usual. May have to fast forward. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The poor man's hands :(  Did they even address the shaking with an in-story explanation?

Skipped almost everything today.

First glimpse of Maybe Abby. Whoop De Doo!

Ron is resetting things pretty blatantly, ie, EJ as DA again and Stefan working for Clyde.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, she's so far up Xander's ass lol.

She completely excused him killing out of revenge.  That felt so out of character for her.

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She completely excused him killing out of revenge.  That felt so out of character for her.

I actually don't mind the Xander/Maggie friendship and I think it makes sense, but yes those scenes felt a tad too far imo.

• Like 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

It's pretty in character. She excused Victor throttling Ben Weston in her living room for the crime of dating Cierra. Konstantin actually murdered Victor and was going to have her shot. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I actually don't mind the Xander/Maggie friendship and I think it makes sense, but yes those scenes felt a tad too far imo.

I love Xander but even I thought Maggie was a bit too over the top in her praise of him and particularly his relationship with Victor. I'm chalking it up to shock and gratitude to be alive 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

She excused Victor throttling Ben Weston in her living room for the crime of dating Cierra.

And so have I!

But I would like a Reprise.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 7
(edited)

A couple dozen "Ha ha ha's" followed by an equal number of "ho ho ho's" with a basketful of  chortles and a wheeze or two, along with a tweety bird imitation or ten and we've got Abe and Paulina's dialogue down pat.  

I'm perhaps one of the few who will miss Johnny and Chanel, but though their storylines were generally weak, I like both actors and how they portrayed their characters.  I wish there was a way to keep Eli around while sending Lani back to Washington.

Stefan has such a punchable face, doesn't he?  Who couldn't HE be the one to move to L.A.??

Edited by boes
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

I'm perhaps one of the few who will miss Johnny and Chanel, but though their storylines were generally weak, I like both actors and how they portrayed their characters

I like them, too. I didn’t realize we were in the minority. At least I’m in good company!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, boes said:

I'm perhaps one of the few who will miss Johnny and Chanel, but though their storylines were generally weak, I like both actors and how they portrayed their characters.

As far as I know, this isn't permanent.  The exit is just to coincide with Carson Boatman's paternity leave (as he and his wife were expecting their first child around the time of taping this episode).  Johnny and Chanel should be back sooner or later.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
13 hours ago, boes said:

I'm perhaps one of the few who will miss Johnny and Chanel, but though their storylines were generally weak, I like both actors and how they portrayed their characters.  I wish there was a way to keep Eli around while sending Lani back to Washington.

Our thoughts are one.

I wonder if Sherri was planning for Paulina to lose her job, but now Ron will have her declared permanent Mayor forever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Why the hell does Ron think we're going to even give a damn on who Theresa is going to ultimately end up with? I get that he's in the process of wrapping up this Alex is not really Victor's son story, but why is he devoting so much screen-time to such a unlikable, irreedemable and selfish witch like her? I can't wait until Theresa is exposed and off my screen for good and hopefully she never comes back to this show ever again! I hardly think anybody would miss her, not even her son Tate. 

Also when Brady eventually finds out what she has done, isn't he going to basically reject her anyway? So that doesn't even make any sense to me. Theresa's exit really can't come soon enough for me. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Why the hell does Ron think we're going to even give a damn on who Theresa is going to ultimately end up with? I get that he's in the process of wrapping up this Alex is not really Victor's son story, but why is he devoting so much screen-time to such a unlikable, irreedemable and selfish witch like her? I can't wait until Theresa is exposed and off my screen for good and hopefully she never comes back to this show ever again! I hardly think anybody would miss her, not even her son Tate. 

Also when Brady eventually finds out what she has done, isn't he going to basically reject her anyway? So that doesn't even make any sense to me. Theresa's exit really can't come soon enough for me. 

I hate to put this out there but she just had sex with both her dumb boyfriends on the same day. Brace yourself for pregnant by Alex but tells Brady it's his to snag him. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

So, are you saying you don't care for Theresa?

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 12:13 PM, norcalgal said:

Don't forget Stefano. He was always convenient and we DO have a new family with no apparent ties to Salem - yet.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Don't forget Stefano. He was always convenient and we DO have a new family with no apparent ties to Salem - yet.

Give Ron time. They will be Stefano spawn or long lost Bradys

Edited by brisbydog
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I hate to put this out there but she just had sex with both her dumb boyfriends on the same day. Brace yourself for pregnant by Alex but tells Brady it's his to snag him. 

I wouldn't put it past Ron to do that. Hopefully if that scenario happens, somebody pushes Theresa down a flight a stairs and she won't be having Alex's baby after all. Even better if she dies as a result of the fall. 

2 hours ago, boes said:

So, are you saying you don't care for Theresa?

Yeah, I pretty much hate her at this point. I can't stand her anymore; I can't wait until she's gone from this show forever. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1