Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Chat Thread

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

This idea that Kody is allowed to complain about the wives, but the wives can't complain explains a lot. He wants them to commiserate with his plight, but not complain themselves.

They were supposed to keep sweet. 

Except that Janelle referred to Kody as a sieve in the last episode. And Janelle knows that because Kody bitches with Meri and Christine it means he is likely doing the same thing about her.

School yard rules are in effect.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

"I think Kody remembers it in a way that helps him."  I like that Janelle says, no, I liked Wyoming and my life, my career was taking off.

But I give Kody credit for admitting that polygamy is all about ego and marrying Christine meant he was marrying into ply royalty. 

I wonder how close Janelle and the family lived near Kody's dad, her mom, Kody's mom..and the other wife.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I wonder how close Janelle and the family lived near Kody's dad, her mom, Kody's mom..and the other wife.

I heard she lived on their ranch for a while.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 3

Kody knows that if he were to say who he trusts, he would just be confirming what everyone else thinks.  Someone should probably tell him it's not a secret.  The whole world knows.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Casting oneself in the role of victim is so dysfunctional.   There can be no resilution if you have decided you are being victimized.

I don't believe either of those two want genuine resolution.  Their identity is victim and they don't know who they are without that. Kody especially thrives on having an adversary. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2
Just now, Adeejay said:

Kody knows that if he were to say who he trusts, he would just be confirming what everyone else thinks.  Someone should probably tell him it's not a secret.  The whole world knows.

Right, he couldn't possibly be going for plausible deniability because there is no one left but Robyn for him to indicate of course he meant them, baby.

• Like 4
Just now, eskimo said:

I don't believe either of those two want genuine resolution.  Their identity is victim and they don't know who they are without that. Kody especially thrives on having an adversary. 

Exactly.  Christine sought resolution.  And found it in leaving Kidney.  That sooo pisses Kidney & Sobyn off 'cause they never even considered Christine had the option of "resolution".

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Janelle: "If you have to sacrifice to love someone, that's not healthy.If you are you are really married to both women then you see both sides."

She says Kody is taking sides now.

Yep, for sure. And that's why he can't admit he has a favorite. It means he is a failure.

• Like 18
  • Love 1

Robyn says, in the beginning it was difficult.

• Snarky comments
  • Not including Robyn in things
  • Pulling rank

That sounds like exactly what happened with Meri.

Or what happens with sisters. Families do that.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 11

Suki is definitely favoring Kody and Robyn. The whole exchange about why didn't you ask for examples of being mean. 

Given all of the therapy and counseling, I find it difficult to believe it never came up then.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Robyn says, in the beginning it was difficult.

• Snarky comments
  • Not including Robyn in things
  • Pulling rank

That sounds like exactly what happened with Meri.

This also describes how Christine and Janelle probably felt when Robyn leap frogged over all 3 OG to become Legal Wife.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

When Kody refers to the children by the mother's name: "Christine's children, Janelle's children", not as the collective "our children." It is not so hard to imagine children are allocated time and resources by him based on how he feels about a child's mother at the time.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

In their book Janelle talks about what a third wheel to a happy couple she was in the beginning.

kody and Meri going away for the weekend together, on the couch today. Etc.

now kody says the marriage with Meri was rocky from honeymoon onwards. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Kody plays dirty. He wants to put out there that Christine left him because of a personality defect that she has--not a problem with their relationship and certainly not something that King Kody is accountable for.

He hopes that Christine will be alone. He wants her to suffer for leaving him.

He still holds out hope that Janelle will realize that she made the wrong choice in supporting Christine.

Except that we all see the truth.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 15
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

When Kody refers to the children by the mother's name: "Christine's children, Janelle's children", not as the collective "our children." It is not so hard to imagine children are allocated time and resources by him based on how he feels about a child's mother at the time.

But Robyn's kids are "our children " and "I have small children at home..."

• Like 6
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Julyolo said:

The Robynettes seem to be most favored 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Three thoughts:

• I was surprised that Janelle said she and Christine worked on their relationship before she left. And that Kody may have conveniently not seen that.
  • All of us want someone that cherishes them. I hope that Christine gets that.
  • I liked the exchange about Christine's type and Suki taking it to sexual attraction. It felt like some of the realest conversation of the hour.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 10
Just now, Ms.Lulu said:

I was surprised that Janelle said she and Christine worked on their relationship before she left. And that Kody may have conveniently not seen that.

All of us want someone that cherishes them. I hope that Christine gets that.

I liked the exchange about Christine's type and Suki taking it to sexual attraction. It felt like some of the realest conversation of the hour.

Shemar Moore! Yeahbabay!!

• Fire 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Is Kody for real right now, going off about how Christine has just been trashing him to everyone?  He has been King Shit Talker.  He has dragged her name through the absolute mud. But everything he says about her are actually qualities of his.

Poor old Kody, just sittin' there, cap in hand... 🙄  That reminds me, can we shove that phrase up his ass already? Lol

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

As this second hour wraps up, I think the MVP of the week is Janelle.

Janelle stayed mostly balanced in her assessment of events and she was willing to share the good, the bad and the ugly. 

She also stays very calm, not riled by emotions like Kody, or strategy like Robyn. She isn't looking for a pound of flesh, like Meri. And Janelle understands that Christine should be free to step away to live her best life.

• Like 19
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, eskimo said:

Is Kody for real right now, going off about how Christine has just been trashing him to everyone?  He has been King Shit Talker.  He has dragged her name through the absolute mud. But everything he says about her are actually qualities of his.

Poor old Kody, just sittin' there, cap in hand... 🙄  That reminds me, can we shove that phrase up his ass already? Lol

That's what Narcissists do. Deflect.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Yep, Kody doesn't want to talk about Robyn because it will be clear she is the favorite. Then it means that his dramatic response to Christine leaving will be revealed to be solely an ego blow.

I am so glad this season is wrapping up next week.

I'm still hoping that it is the series finale.

See you then!

1 minute ago, TexasTiffany said:

Robyn is now blaming the other wives for dumping Kody on her? Like she's sick of him and can't get rid of him? Robyn thinks it's unfair. LOL

She thinks we don't remember them asking Kody to spend time with them/their kids.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

He just really is the big turd clogging up the sewer. With his bullshit getting emotional, to sticking the tongue out, to dodging questions, placing blame on one person to the big pause to get a drink from his coffee cup.

Robyn and how it is all about her and how they took it away to the divide being about Covid. She's so full of shit. So your sister wife, who you never know anything about their relationship with Kidney is suffering and you make it all about yourself. Wow, what a sister wife. And I loved how she said how Christine didn't want a relationship with her kids. That's not what she said.

Two people never seemed so right for one another. They both hear what they want to hear and blame all on everyone else.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I think this Live Chat Thread should stay open until 30 min after the live show ends. There is so much pausing to comment without missing anything, that I am more like 15 min behind by now, and the thread closes in 3 minutes. I won't be done watching when it closes.  Is this a problem for anyone else, or do others not pause to comment?

• Like 8