Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: The Beginning of the End

Cranberry
  • Start Topic

After being promoted to top partner at the firm, Liz is forced to accept Ri'Chard Lane as a new name partner brought on to help manage her staff and client load. Meanwhile, Diane experiences déjà vu as she navigates her way in her new bullpen office, downstairs with the associates.

Original air date: September 8, 2022

Wonder how they got the street completely cleared for the opening scene? They must've been filming at sunrise on a Sunday that was also a holiday.

The yips. I thought that only applied to golf. Guess not.

Are there actual games which let a player sexually assault another player inside the game? How is that even legal?

Heh, Liz is probably going to wish Diane had screwed her over for the named partner position. Ri'Chard is a lot, and he knows it. (And Andre Braugher has put on a noticeable of weight since Brooklyn Nine-Nine, no?)

PT-108. Diane stays getting on the alternative drug du jour. But John Slattery makes one gorgeous doctor. Wonder if they'll end up having an affair?

Oh, Carmen. You lie down with murdering dogs...

I'm also glad this show is back. It's going to be a bittersweet final season.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

PT-108. Diane stays getting on the alternative drug du jour.

Maybe Diane should go back to Martial Arts. She quit Aikido in a hurry a few seasons back. How about Karate? We can have a Good Fight/Cobrai Kai Crossover!

• LOL 2

Great first episode and I just love seeing two strong women as leads. I heard they wanted to bring back Juliana Margulies for the final season but JM demanded star pay and not guest star pay. I am glad that fell through as I swear I would watch CB and AM in anything after this. All good things must come to an end but I love this cast and we'll never see anything like this again....

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I thought this episode wasn't particularly strong, but was mostly setting the table for the rest of the season.

I would have loved to have had Alicia show up in some way, whether referenced as state's attorney or some national government role. I don't blame Juliana for sticking up for herself and requesting more pay. If you don't advocate for yourself who will. 

I dearly loved The Good Wife, and with the exception of Season 4, The Good Fight has been a pale imitation of that. 

BTW, worship at the altar of Christine Baranski all you want, but the character of Diane Lockhart has always seemed contradictory to me. 

• Love 1

Well, my Marisa irritation continues. Also, is she already an attorney (a thing she apparently decided to do and managed to accomplish in less than a year), or was that just hyperbole? I liked seeing her knocked down a peg, though, but I guess she'll just get her dad to fix it. I hold out hope it actually means she humbles and grows a bit, though. Seeing her lose some of her smugness would go a long way toward endearing me to her!

1 hour ago, stonehaven said:

Great first episode and I just love seeing two strong women as leads. I heard they wanted to bring back Juliana Margulies for the final season but JM demanded star pay and not guest star pay. I am glad that fell through as I swear I would watch CB and AM in anything after this. All good things must come to an end but I love this cast and we'll never see anything like this again....

If it's true that we don't see JM this season, that's excellent news to me. No need to for her to steal any of the spotlight from all these powerhouses, and Alicia wore out her welcome in The Good Wife for me anyway.

Andre Braugher is magical.

Oddly, I'd read that this season is more realistic and has less of those quirky preoccupations, but so far it doesn't seem that way what with Diane and her new drug and the virtual stuff. Maybe it shifts moving forward.

Also, did I see correctly or did they shoot an actual scene in Chicago? Or maybe it was all just CGI.

Edited by gesundheit
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Well, my Marisa irritation continues. Also, is she already an attorney (a thing she apparently decided to do and managed to accomplish in less than a year), or was that just hyperbole?

She must have gone to the same law school as Sonny Carisi on SVU, who finished law school at night in under three years and became an ADA immediately after passing the bar. Verrrrrrrrry realistic!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The yips. I thought that only applied to golf. Guess not.

I only ever hear about The Yips from silly sitcom episodes so I honestly didn't even know it was a golf term:

The Yips | How I Met Your Mother Wiki | Fandom

https://how-i-met-your-mother.fandom.com › wiki › T...

HIMYM episode 3x10 (54). → ... Barney realizes he has the yips - he is over thinking hitting on girls to the point where he can't do it any more.

16 hours ago, stonehaven said:

They are both on The Gilded Age!

15 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Well, my Marisa irritation continues.

It's so clear that the producers think she is this enormous fan favourite and that everyone is giddy when she comes on the screen, hence, that INCREDIBLY weird scene where she was fussing on the floor and then the over-slow, over-long reveal where she reveals her face to us - WTF?  It was like an old gimmicky sitcom thing like everyone clapping when Kramer enters the room on Seinfeld.  And then they have her annoying Carmen like crazy ..... at least I think, the audience was SUPPOSED to find her annoying?  But then she tells Carmen to fuck off?  God..... she is so entitled.

15 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Oddly, I'd read that this season is more realistic and has less of those quirky preoccupations, but so far it doesn't seem that way what with Diane and her new drug and the virtual stuff. Maybe it shifts moving forward.

Oh I'm just SO GLAD this season doesn't have the underground court with Mandy Patinkin anymore.  That season was torture for me!  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I heard they wanted to bring back Juliana Margulies for the final season but JM demanded star pay and not guest star pay.

I thought that happened a couple of years ago.  I vaguely recall it being a big deal at the time, and JM saying she rejected their offer of guest star pay, which I understood.

On 9/10/2022 at 2:09 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wonder how they got the street completely cleared for the opening scene? They must've been filming at sunrise on a Sunday that was also a holiday.

I think you just get permits, maybe clear out the area immediately surrounding the actors and CGI out any street activity that can still be seen on screen.

18 hours ago, gesundheit said:

Andre Braugher is magical.

I'm interested to see where they go with him.  

4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I only ever hear about The Yips from silly sitcom episodes so I honestly didn't even know it was a golf term:

I think it's all sports,  but you'd rarely hear about it because it's basically considered an act of violence to use the term itself. Like if you say someone has the yips, you've cursed it to continue.

• Useful 1
On 9/10/2022 at 6:23 PM, stonehaven said:

All good things must come to an end but I love this cast and we'll never see anything like this again....

I agree, and would go further to say we've never seen anything like this before. The show has been absolutely unique, as far as I know, in acknowledging and mirroring the insanity of the times in which we live. The hallucinatory quality of the reality we've been living in since 2016...how it never goes away even when we thought it would, so that we, all of us, are constantly in deja vu, or deja vecu, or hamster-on-wheel syndrome...Why should this show be the only drama that acknowledges the world we actually live in? I don't know. Other TV dramas should. But this show stands alone in doing so.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 9/18/2022 at 8:22 AM, Milburn Stone said:

I agree, and would go further to say we've never seen anything like this before. The show has been absolutely unique, as far as I know, in acknowledging and mirroring the insanity of the times in which we live. The hallucinatory quality of the reality we've been living in since 2016...how it never goes away even when we thought it would, so that we, all of us, are constantly in deja vu, or deja vecu, or hamster-on-wheel syndrome...Why should this show be the only drama that acknowledges the world we actually live in? I don't know. Other TV dramas should. But this show stands alone in doing so.

If you haven't watch BrainDead already, you should. In my opinion a brilliant take on the politics of this country. I think it remains relevant, although it was released in 2016. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I don't understand Carmen going after the really dangerous people, as clients. She did look worried, after that cop talked about pulling her body out of the water, nine months from now, but did she not feel any guilt over helping to get that man killed? 

On 9/10/2022 at 4:14 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

As if Marissa would program her father's name in her cellphone as Eli Gold 🙄

I loved it! Marissa would know Eli's contact info by heart and only have him in her phone as a record. My parents, husband, siblings, and kids are all in my phone under their names. 

The only people whose full name isn't there are the ones I don't know well and whose name I may not remember. Like Alice, kitchen contractor quote or Kevin, snow removal. 

This makes sense that someone like Marissa who reserve labels for people she doesn't know well and whose number she doesn't remember.