Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Hit and Run

• Start Topic

I liked seeing Baz back and his ghost getting through to Pope.

I don't know if Jay is really on in this plan. Instead of breaking him out, can't they use a laundry list of crimes the cop committed to get that confession as a way to get  the case thrown out?

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I really liked this episode. I've missed Baz's presence and I liked that for as much of a dirtbag Billy is he was still trying to reach Deran in some way.

I don't think the show is going to be clear on J's intentions til the end but they added that convo with Craig for a reason, I'm guessing. It's odd Craig referred to Julia as "your mom",  but I guess that's what happens when Smurf alienates her daughter from the family.

Shouting "bye!!" to Baz's rando...little Deran had manners!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I assume Smurf knows Julia is taking money from her?  
Was Craig serious when talking to J about memories and how he is greatful he is helping them with Pope or is feeling him out?  
What is J’s angle with the girl he is helping?  Maybe there isn’t one and he does really like her?  

I thought this was a surprisingly strong episode. I was not spoiled so I was pleasantly surprised by Scott Speedman's appearance. I also like how they circled back to how Pope got arrested before, because in the pilot he had just gotten out of serving that sentence, and he made some reference to Baz leaving him there, so it was fun to see that whole episode play out. Nice call-back. 

That said, if they knew they were going to get Scott Speedman back for an episode, maybe they should have looked harder for someone who looks like a younger version of him for the flashback scenes, because FlashBack Baz looks absolutely nothing like Scott Speedman. 

I'm really getting curious to see how this will all go down but I suspect J is going to screw them all over and wind up with all the money himself. 

• Like 5
  • Love 6

This was a pretty good episode, but wish it had taken place a couple of episodes ago instead of wasting time.

Loved seeing Billy and his take on the family and it was almost too bad that he couldn't get his stuff nearly back together to get Derran out of Smurf's clutches. However, the boys seemed pretty nice as kids. Too bad Smurf got her hands on them later on.

Poor Julia and her dreams of going to college, but she never had a chance. Smurf totally knows that Julia took the money, but can't prove it yet. Trying to guilt Julia with the gift, because there are always string...

The Baz part was great. I'm OK with the guy playing Baz as a kid. It's just a show and the kid playing Pope is two feet taller than SH (not quite, but seems like it). 

I wonder if J has thought about doing a 23&Me test. Maybe he doesn't really want to know!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I'm OK with the guy playing Baz as a kid. It's just a show and the kid playing Pope is two feet taller than SH (not quite, but seems like it). 

Flashback Pope may be visibly taller than Shawn Hatosy, but man - he has his facial expression nailed down to a science. It's almost uncanny how much he really looks like he could be Pope thirty years ago. Flashback Baz? Not so much. And that's just kind of lazy, IMO. I'm sure they could have found someone else who looked more like Scott Speedman had they put in the effort to do so. And considering the fact that they apparently knew they were going to get Speedman back for an episode and that the scenes would be flashing back to the younger version of him, it makes it that much more important. I was more willing to give it a pass before Speedman came back since he's been long gone.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Meh to this episode. The jail break is so stupid. 

I’m pretty sure J is going to screw them all over and peace with all the money or something. The chick he’s with who is working at the law office is prob gonna play into it.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I thought this was a surprisingly strong episode. I was not spoiled so I was pleasantly surprised by Scott Speedman's appearance. I also like how they circled back to how Pope got arrested before, because in the pilot he had just gotten out of serving that sentence, and he made some reference to Baz leaving him there, so it was fun to see that whole episode play out. Nice call-back. 

That said, if they knew they were going to get Scott Speedman back for an episode, maybe they should have looked harder for someone who looks like a younger version of him for the flashback scenes, because FlashBack Baz looks absolutely nothing like Scott Speedman. 

I'm really getting curious to see how this will all go down but I suspect J is going to screw them all over and wind up with all the money himself. 

I think so too. He worked really hard to get them set up with all the properties after Smurf died, to make sure they had a legal income plus a way to launder the money. I don't think he's into the idea of throwing that all away to break Pope out of prison and go on the run. 

I missed it in the beginning, but who was Craig sending money to?

It may happen that J will take the "Once Upon a Time in America" approach, using the attempted jailbreak to set up his uncles.  Although they're all criminals, it seems that he is the lowest blip on the police radar most of the time.

He is sending it to Singapore, and I think he said Renn and Nick were already there waiting for him. But I wasn't clear on that.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Flashback Pope may be visibly taller than Shawn Hatosy, but man - he has his facial expression nailed down to a science. It's almost uncanny how much he really looks like he could be Pope thirty years ago. Flashback Baz? Not so much. And that's just kind of lazy, IMO. I'm sure they could have found someone else who looked more like Scott Speedman had they put in the effort to do so.

Why would anyone expect them to find someone who has more of a resemblance to Scott Speedman when they have what’s-her-name playing young Smurf? 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

It may happen that J will take the "Once Upon a Time in America" approach, using the attempted jailbreak to set up his uncles.  Although they're all criminals, it seems that he is the lowest blip on the police radar most of the time.

J's been at it the least amount of time and I don't think he's as known to the police even though he has more blood on his hands then Pope.  Does he even use the last name Cody?  All this stuff from Craig and Deran suddenly about how J's stepped up and what not has to be Chekov's gun.   And yeah, I can't believe he doesn't have plans for the bank employee.  I can't believe he's just that into her.   He's never seemed to have any real feelings and nothing without an ulterior motive. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

He is sending it to Singapore, and I think he said Renn and Nick were already there waiting for him. But I wasn't clear on that.

That was what I understood was going on.  

Between that and Deran telling Billy that he was thinking about going to Indonesia, it sounds like we have the wrap up on the future of those two characters (assuming they're still alive when the series ends).

It would likely benefit me to give this show a rewatch from Season 1 because there's probably a lot of plot twists and character connections that I either never picked up on or have forgotten, but I've been pretty much hate-watching since the second or third season and I really don't care enough to invest any more time in it.  It's fun to snark on, but I have zero investment in any of the characters - it took a rewatch of Peaky Blinders for me to even realize that the actor who plays J is on that as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I liked this episode...and in my mine, I have set up a scenario, will see how it plays out.  There was a lot in this week show, just like This Is Us, jammed so much in the last few episodes, I hope that doesn't happy to Animal Kingdom. I was happy to see Pope, come alive after the "visit" from Baz.  Only two more episodes, so hang on, folks. I want to see one more CODY ADVENTURE, before it ends.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nice of them to give Denis Leary a final appearance.

Maybe having a knock down, drag out fight over a woman before you do a bank job is a bad idea. Smurf would not have approved. And Baz and Pope weren't wearing masks, were they? Seems like they were likely caught on camera anyway but apparently not since only Pope went to prison.

A little over a million apiece doesn't seem like a lot to me. That isn't fcuk you money except in third world countries which don't have insane inflation.

Julia wearing that caftan. Yikes. No girl her age would've been caught dead in a caftan. Smurf was always messing with Julia's head.

I'm surprised Billy actually had a contact at the county jail to give to Deran. I figured he was stringing Deran along.

Real talk from Ghost Baz to Pope. Ironic that it took Pope being medicated up the wazoo in jail to get clarity on his situation finally.

The title of this episode is cute. Not that kind of hit and run.

• Love 2