Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Spot the Difference

• Start Topic

Wow, Amara certainly took on the villain role in her last episode, didn't she? That seemed to come out of nowhere. I did enjoy the Jonasi, Kevin in particular, being a little bemused at her blurred out tirade. "...ok"

I'm now a little less sure of Pepper being at the end, though they still haven't just come right out and have her say who her relative is.

Spoiler

(Though they did basically spell it out for us)

Logan, though. Ugh. "Why bother picking his clue because it won't help us!" So what's the plan otherwise, folks? Why is he aligned with everyone? Why do they all go to him for help? Does he have Last Man Standing Immunity or something?

Spoiler

At least it looks like next episode they start going for him, but it might be too little, too late.

(P.S.: Pepper looked nice at elimination again)

That comp was tough unless you knew what to look for which means you had to have a good idea about the celebrity ids. I was really hoping they’d pick Logan’s clue since that the only one I have not seen a single concrete clue about yet. L.C. is getting a winner’s edit in recent episodes. It’s like she came out of a shell after she won the fashion show comp. Good for her 😊

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

Logan, though. Ugh. "Why bother picking his clue because it won't help us!" So what's the plan otherwise, folks?

They’re probably right though unless one of them is hiding country music knowledge. I am 99% certain it’s Jason Aldean and am familiar with his music and still can’t think of any clue they could give to would make it clear. If one of them has an idea it would be smarter to keep it to themselves for now. 

46 minutes ago, Dani said:

They’re probably right though unless one of them is hiding country music knowledge. I am 99% certain it’s Jason Aldean and am familiar with his music and still can’t think of any clue they could give to would make it clear. If one of them has an idea it would be smarter to keep it to themselves for now. 

I'm not a country music listener and so most current male country singers are interchangeable to me.  I may have heard of some of them (I've heard of Jason Aldean), but I couldn't tell you anything about them.  I agree, unless someone in the house is a big country music fan, Logan will win.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Dani said:

Is that hat associated with Jason? I've heard the name but don't know anything else about him.

I'm guessing that tirade of Amara's came out of nowhere considering how stunned they all looked.

As a somewhat face blind person I appreciate that mostly I can tell everyone except the Jonas guys apart. 

6 hours ago, mertensia said:

Is that hat associated with Jason?

Logan indicated that the fact that it was specifically a palm leaf hat made it the most obvious clue to his relative so far

Spoiler

and that does seem to be a Jason Aldean thing, according to a little light Googling.

Considering that the other clues have been a regular cowboy hat, a belt buckle, and I'm guessing the little tractor from this episode's challenge, that's not saying much. I don't know much about what distinguishes one male country singer from another either, but still. I just don't get the "oh well" they all seem to have about Logan.

After this episode, I've changed my mind about who's going to be in the final. I have no spoiler knowledge or clue about how the final is actually going to work, but I'll tag my prediction anyway, just in case.

Spoiler

My guess is Logan vs. LC final two. Logan's relative reveal is the "suspense" that keeps the audience watching, but LC is the hero the show has been putting forward, so she wins. My earlier final 2/3 predictions besides Logan were Pepper and Lark, but Pepper's relative got much more exposed this week, and neither of them are getting anywhere near the good edit that LC is getting. Louise got a bit of a hero edit this episode, but I think that was mostly in contrast to "evil" Amara. I'd be fine with an LC win, despite my Pepper crush. 

7 hours ago, mertensia said:

Is that hat associated with Jason?

It’s part of his signature look along with jeans and a prominent belt buckle. 

Logan’s other clue was the green tractor and Jason Aldean has a song called Big Green Tractor. 

I will never understand people who go on a show like this and then complain because the other people are trying to win. Amara was gunning for Louise but throws a fit and acts like a toddler because she was caught in her own trap. This is a game and you get rid of the people who are a threat. Amara, you were a threat and you knew it. You may as well have worn a shirt with a target on it in the last few episodes. She was getting ready to throw Louise under the bus and instead Louis turned the tables on her. Don't be mad at Louise for trying to win, be impressed that she pulled it out and respect her game play.

I haven't listened to country music consistently for a long time so I had no idea that Jason Aldean wore that kind of hat. I could see Logan being related to him.

I think Logan has been underestimated throughout the season and only now are they realizing what a threat he truly is. I see him, Lark, and LC as the final three. Logan has been playing it cool, making reasonable suggestions and slowly guiding people to eliminate the people he knows will make the final rounds difficult. I wouldn't be surprised if he has already figured out the LC is related to Keke Palmer and is holding on to that nugget until the finale. He is also the only one who I am not 100% certain who his relative is. I know Lark, Louise, LC, and Pepper, but Logan could still be a surprise. 

Man, there are a lot of L names left.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

This week’s clues were really unfair to LC. Everyone else’s were pretty subtle but once you connect LC to the correct clues it spells out her sister’s name. 
Two keys + Palm = Keke Palmer. Even the pictograph clues have been less direct than that.

4 minutes ago, Dani said:

This week’s clues were really unfair to LC. Everyone else’s were pretty subtle but once you connect LC to the correct clues it spells out her sister’s name. 
Two keys + Palm = Keke Palmer. Even the pictograph clues have been less direct than that.

I'd say that wordplay like that is a little more subtle than having Whoopi's signature glasses, a gold medal and GOAT for Louise (though that ship sailed long ago) or the literal

Spoiler

title of Dean Martin's most famous song.

(still using spoiler tags for Pepper because I know for sure from online spoilage, I'm not just guessing)

In fact, while I didn't care for how Amara acted this episode, I think her clues have been the most blatant out of everyone's over the course of the season (again, aside from Louise). The glasses by themselves might not have been super obvious, but once they already had the cross, the nun's habit, and The Color Purple from the rebus puzzle, it was pretty obvious.

I will give LC credit for some nice misdirection in making her palm clue apply to Amara.

Amara seemed to think the GOAT clue was for Whoopi but I’ve heard Simone Biles being referred to as GOAT. Did she confuse GOAT with EGOT? I’m surprised at how classless she went out. 

I figured out Pepper’s celebrity relative with the red handkerchief. The clues this week were very, very obvious though. Also, she’s telling some pretty obvious stories, but I guess these young-uns don’t know. 

I think I felt the most bad for Lark. That magazine cover couldn’t have been more obvious if there were neon arrows pointing to it. 

I thought the black hat was for either Clint Black or Garth Brooks. I don’t know anything about country singers, though. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

Amara seemed to think the GOAT clue was for Whoopi but I’ve heard Simone Biles being referred to as GOAT. Did she confuse GOAT with EGOT? I’m surprised at how classless she went out.

Right!

I was "🤣🤣 She thought the goat clue was for her all along!"

• Love 4

I was literally stunned that Amarah was so classless in her tirade of F-words that she didn't even think to say goodbye to Pepper, who seemed genuinely sad at her departure. Pepper seems sweet and not at all competitive, so I can see them being friendly.

• Love 6

I still feel like Lark and LC are pretty safe for now since the others are convinced their relatives are Martha Stewart the former runway model 😂 and Laurence Fishburne. But like someone above said, Logan keeps his cards close to his vest and seems to study clues more than anyone else so if he hasn't already, he'll probably soon figure out the clues don't line up with either of those two as the relatives.

On the other hand Louise and Pepper will to be the next two to go, I guess. Good for Louise for making it this far considering everyone knew who she was since day one. 

It may turn out that the only way any of them will ever guess Logan's relative is if the rebus clue spells it out with a bluejay, sun, and however you'd depict "all" and "dean", in rebus form, lol. I can relate. You could bombard me with cowboy hats, belt buckles and green tractors all day and I'd remain just as clueless.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, kassandra8286 said:

It may turn out that the only way any of them will ever guess Logan's relative is if the rebus clue spells it out with a bluejay, sun, and however you'd depict "all" and "dean", in rebus form, lol. I can relate. You could bombard me with cowboy hats, belt buckles and green tractors all day and I'd remain just as clueless

Logan: This palm leaf cowboy hat is the most obvious clue so far.

Me: There's different types of cowboy hats???

I guess cowboy hats having different varieties is obvious but it just shows how far removed I am from the country scene.  And it appears the other contestants are in a similar boat.  It's pretty telling that they've almost figured out Pepper's relative before Logan's.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

I still feel like Lark and LC are pretty safe for now since the others are convinced their relatives are Martha Stewart the former runway model 😂 and Laurence Fishburne. But like someone above said, Logan keeps his cards close to his vest and seems to study clues more than anyone else so if he hasn't already, he'll probably soon figure out the clues don't line up with either of those two as the relatives.

On the other hand Louise and Pepper will to be the next two to go, I guess. Good for Louise for making it this far considering everyone knew who she was since day one. 

It may turn out that the only way any of them will ever guess Logan's relative is if the rebus clue spells it out with a bluejay, sun, and however you'd depict "all" and "dean", in rebus form, lol. I can relate. You could bombard me with cowboy hats, belt buckles and green tractors all day and I'd remain just as clueless.

She may not have been a runway model, but she was a model

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, mertensia said:

Do we have any idea for Lark's aunt?

It's been pretty much determined if you look online, and the fashion cover outline this week and denim shorts from the fashion challenge seem to match up with it.

The online answer is

Spoiler

Cindy Crawford

22 hours ago, Dani said:

Logan’s other clue was the green tractor and Jason Aldean has a song called Big Green Tractor. 

Yea, I was thinking of a few people for Logan but that solidified it as Jason Aldean. He's lucky no one in the house seems to know anything about country music lol. I'm not a fan at all but I still know that song.

I thought Frank Sinatra for Pepper but I guess it's Dean Martin. I see the resemblance now that I know lol.

I can't believe none of them are thinking Cindy Crawford for Lark. Although, I guess the clue Brittany got is kinda needed to put it all together and I guess she didn't share it.

I loved Amara's exit. So hilarious. I actually do think Louise was being kind of shitty in this episode. I get that she's switched allegiance from Amara/Pepper to Logan/LC/Lark and that's fine but trying to act like somehow Amara was an asshole for thinking they would work together as they had been was annoying. I think Louise maybe felt bad about dropping Amara and was trying to make Amara look bad to feel better about it.

I hope Logan doesn't win. He really turned me off in the last episode with his low key misogyny. I also don't really like Lark because she's so fake lol. I hope LC wins.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

She may not have been a runway model, but she was a model

And looking good, I might add!  Who knew, lol. But what clues pointed them in that direction? I remember a conversation about Snoop Dogg but not what prompted it.  I don't think anyone picked up on the cutoff shorts or commented on the magazine cover. Brittany had that rebus clue but I don't remember anyone else discussing it. 

7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loved Amara's exit. So hilarious. I actually do think Louise was being kind of shitty in this episode. I get that she's switched allegiance from Amara/Pepper to Logan/LC/Lark and that's fine but trying to act like somehow Amara was an asshole for thinking they would work together as they had been was annoying. I think Louise maybe felt bad about dropping Amara and was trying to make Amara look bad to feel better about it.

Amara was really bringing out her inner Whoopi, lol. I get what you're saying about Louise but prior to that (if you believe the editing), LC had told her that Amara wanted to out her. I'm sure Louise felt hurt by that and therefore anything Amara said subsequently was viewed with suspicion. Louise knows her time is running out so she's going to wield power while she can.

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

And looking good, I might add!  Who knew, lol. But what clues pointed them in that direction? I remember a conversation about Snoop Dogg but not what prompted it.  I don't think anyone picked up on the cutoff shorts or commented on the magazine cover. Brittany had that rebus clue but I don't remember anyone else discussing it.

I believe the Martha Stewart theory began when someone (probably Logan) noticed a lot of gardening items on the Big Blue Wall o' Clues. I feel like Brittany did show the runway queen rebus clue to someone, because isn't that how the Sandra Bullock theory began? Because of some misguided interpretation of Miss Congeniality? The runway clue actually made me think of Paulina Porizkova initially, because I think Lark greatly resembles her, much more than she resembles the apparent correct answer. Methinks I would not do well on this show, but since I have no famous relatives, I don't think I need to worry about it.

22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I also don't really like Lark because she's so fake lol.

I mean they're all being fake lol. It's the point of the show. I don't see Lark being significantly more fake than the others. She seems pretty genuinely nice to me.

7 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I don't see Lark being significantly more fake than the others. 

I do lol. Her naïve ingénue act was irritating as hell. I'm glad she's not playing that character as much now but I still don't like her.

I also actually don't think they're all being fake.

4 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I feel like Brittany did show the runway queen rebus clue to someone, because isn't that how the Sandra Bullock theory began? Because of some misguided interpretation of Miss Congeniality?

Right, I do remember that now. Jeez, talk about a stretch. Lark is tall and lanky and looks like a model herself, so I would be racking my brain trying to come up with actual models, not random actresses who played them in a movie, lol. 

I didn't get a good look but

Spoiler

did the face on the magazine cover have a mole? That would be the obvious giveaway. 

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I do lol. Her naïve ingénue act was irritating as hell. I'm glad she's not playing that character as much now but I still don't like her.

I also actually don't think they're all being fake.

I meant that they're all being fake to a degree because they're hiding who their relatives are. Well, except for Louise.

I know that's not quite what you meant by fake, and I agree that most of them aren't being particularly fake. But in a game like this, there's bound to be a certain amount of glossing over one's personality as gameplay. If Lark was being fake in that sense, I see it as strategy and not a reason to dislike her. I found Amara's act (whether it was "pretend to be nice until you get out-played then reveal your true obnoxious self" or "actually be nice and then act obnoxious at the end as some sort of weird tribute to your grandmother") much more irritating. But that's just my take 🤷‍♀️

I wonder what the show would do if someone guessed Kaia Gerber for Lark’s relative. It would still be true. 

8 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I feel like Brittany did show the runway queen rebus clue to someone, because isn't that how the Sandra Bullock theory began? Because of some misguided interpretation of Miss Congeniality?

She did. In the last episode it was being discussed. I’d have to rewatch to know who knows about it and exactly how they got Sandra Bullock from it. I think that the runways and 8 on the dice made them think Miss Congeniality and Ocean’s Eight.

27 minutes ago, tracyscott76 said:

I mean they're all being fake lol. It's the point of the show. I don't see Lark being significantly more fake than the others. She seems pretty genuinely nice to me.

It was her being so upset at being tricked into picking LC for the final two in an earlier episode that made me think she is more fake than the others. 

9 minutes ago, Dani said:

It was her being so upset at being tricked into picking LC for the final two in an earlier episode that made me think she is more fake than the others. 

To me, something like that makes her seem less fake? But maybe I'm missing something, I dunno. I'll just go back to wishing they'd show more initiative re: Logan and worrying about Pepper lol.

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She was very obviously faking how blindsided/hurt she was over it. That was her playing naive ingenue. It was really annoying lol.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on how "obvious" that was (seemed pretty genuine to me). But even if Lark was faking or overplaying her reaction, to me that's good strategy, if it kept LC from holding a grudge/retaliating and put the focus more on Brittany than herself. If someone finds it annoying, that's their right and so be it, but characterizing it as some sort of personality trait/flaw is where I disagree.

I mean, this is probably more deep thought than this show deserves, but it's an issue for me and I sometimes get a little testy about it...sorry 😕

I just personally get the sense Lark is a fake person in general tbh.

I think Logan is being fake too but it seems like more of a strategy. I still personally find it annoying though.

LC, Louise, and Pepper don’t read fake to me at all.

I think LC is playing well and strategically though which is why I hope she wins. She’s also the funniest so I enjoy that.

• Love 1

LC is my favorite also. And wow, did she look sex-ay in the scene where she was playing Connect 4 with Logan. Speaking of LC, I found it interesting that apparently they have actual reference books in the library where they can look up things. I wonder how comprehensive they are.

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

She was very obviously faking how blindsided/hurt she was over it. That was her playing naive ingenue. It was really annoying lol.

I feel the same way. How she has dealt with conflict since then has only cemented that it was an act. 

1 hour ago, tracyscott76 said:

But even if Lark was faking or overplaying her reaction, to me that's good strategy, if it kept LC from holding a grudge/retaliating and put the focus more on Brittany than herself.

I felt she went past good strategy and into milking sympathy. There’s a line between being a good strategic player and smugness or  manipulation and it is different for every viewer. Lark and Logan are both over that line for me. Part of that is probably the difference between playing the game and playing the audience. I find Logan and Lark are fake is the sense that they are trying to play the audience as well as their competitors. But with LC, Pepper and Louise I think they are genuine to us which makes me root for them more. 

1 minute ago, Dani said:

I find Logan and Lark are fake is the sense that they are trying to play the audience as well as their competitors. But with LC, Pepper and Louise I think they are genuine to us which makes me root for them more. 

This so much! I hate when competitive reality contestants play the audience. It really irks me.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

, I think her clues have been the most blatant out of everyone's over the course of the season (again, aside from Louise). The glasses by themselves might not have been super obvious, but once they already had the cross, the nun's habit, and The Color Purple from the rebus puzzle, it was pretty obvious.

I will give LC credit for some nice misdirection in making her palm clue apply to Amara.

Don't forget the Viewmaster!  It was shown as a clue that nobody picked up on. View master = master of The View = moderator of The View.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 8/23/2022 at 12:42 AM, Dani said:

TBH, the best clue for Jason Aldean would be the clip from the 40 Year Old Virgin where Steve Carrell yells “Kelly Clarkson”. Jason’s biggest hit was a duet with her.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Dani said:

I wonder what the show would do if someone guessed Kaia Gerber for Lark’s relative. It would still be true. 

But if they managed to tie Lark to Kaia Gerber, wouldn't the next logical step be to think of Cindy Crawford?  I mean I'm not sure Kaia would be as well known if it wasn't for her parents (and her mother in particular).  I'm clearly wayyy older than the contestants but I have a hard imagining a world where they know who Kaia Gerber is but not her mother.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

But if they managed to tie Lark to Kaia Gerber, wouldn't the next logical step be to think of Cindy Crawford?  I mean I'm not sure Kaia would be as well known if it wasn't for her parents (and her mother in particular).  I'm clearly wayyy older than the contestants but I have a hard imagining a world where they know who Kaia Gerber is but not her mother.

A few years back I watching something where teens were reacting to old commercials and they had no clue who Cindy Crawford was when watching her Pepsi commercial. Kaia is a very successful model, has branched into acting and has a huge social media following. So there are a lot of people who would only know Cindy as Kaia’s mother. Just like how there are people who know Hailey Bieber more than her father and uncles. 

Mainly I was wondering what they would do in situations where the person is related to more than one famous person. Even if Cindy is the more obvious choice and who the clues are pointing to but technically Kaia would also be correct. Louise is in her early 20’s and may be more familiar with influencers than 80’s supermodels. I am curious what would happen in a situation like that. 

I am enjoying this show a lot, but there are problems with targeting a specific age demographic for participation and we are seeing the result of that.  It was even a question in my mind if the contestants would know Whoopi Goldberg, but due to her movies being readily available in many formats I can see that at least some would know her.  However, super models from the 1980s, Rat Packers from the 1960s, and I guess country music stars from any era may not be as readily known as the more current famous relatives.  If there are future seasons it may behoove them to bring in a more diverse cast-but I get it that they are trying to lure younger viewers to the show (not oldsters like me, but here I am watching it...).

• Like 8
On 8/24/2022 at 10:14 PM, Dani said:

A few years back I watching something where teens were reacting to old commercials and they had no clue who Cindy Crawford was when watching her Pepsi commercial. Kaia is a very successful model, has branched into acting and has a huge social media following. So there are a lot of people who would only know Cindy as Kaia’s mother. Just like how there are people who know Hailey Bieber more than her father and uncles. 

Mainly I was wondering what they would do in situations where the person is related to more than one famous person. Even if Cindy is the more obvious choice and who the clues are pointing to but technically Kaia would also be correct. Louise is in her early 20’s and may be more familiar with influencers than 80’s supermodels. I am curious what would happen in a situation like that. 

I am so old.  I had no idea who Kaia Gerber is and I didn't know who Hailey Bieber's father and uncles were.  Kaia was obviously spelled out here, but I had to google Hailey.  I was shocked she was related to the Baldwin's, even though I did remember Hailey's last name was Baldwin pre-marriage.  Oh well.  

It's so weird to me how some of these clues are being interpreted when to me (my old ass self) they're pretty obvious.  

• Love 3
On 8/22/2022 at 11:42 PM, Dani said:

Seconding your guess. The straw(?) palm(?) hat was the tell. Aldean usually wears a straw hat or a trucker's cap and he's from Macon, Georgia.

• Useful 2
On 8/25/2022 at 6:00 AM, seacliffsal said:

If there are future seasons it may behoove them to bring in a more diverse cast-but I get it that they are trying to lure younger viewers to the show (not oldsters like me, but here I am watching it...).

I love it.  Bring on one of Larry King's older children (who are in their 50s/60s).  That would be hilarious to see.

Better yet bring on one of Larry King's older kids AND one of his younger kids (who are like in their early 20s) and watch the other contestants try to figure out that family.  Actually, having two contestants related to the same person could be an interesting twist.  Could led to some interesting strategies.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Have all of the celeb relatives been older than the players (or same age, in case of X)? Next season they can bring on older houseguests. I wanna see Elle Fanning's grandpa and Millie Bobby Brown's great aunt 😅

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2022 at 10:42 AM, Dani said:

It wouldn’t go with the specific clues: 80s runway model and the pic with the mole. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

It wouldn’t go with the specific clues: 80s runway model and the pic with the mole. 

Yes, which is why I am wondering what they would do. It’s clearly not who they are pointing to but she is a famous person related to Lark. 

I wonder if there is specific language in the rules that it has to be that one celebrity or is it like Jeopardy where they will accept a correct answer that wasn’t the answer they were looking for. So if someone guessed Kaia would they be eliminated or would Lark? I don’t think it’s likely to happen but am curious what they would do if it did. 

On 8/24/2022 at 6:43 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I can't believe none of them are thinking Cindy Crawford for Lark. Although, I guess the clue Brittany got is kinda needed to put it all together and I guess she didn't share it.

I rewatched last weeks episode and Britney shared it with Kai. Kai copied it wrong and had 11 on the dice instead of 8. Kai was trying to save herself so she showed it to Amara and LC. Amara thought it was saying runway queen in Ocean’s Eleven which led to Sandra Bullock. So LC is the only one left who definitely knows Lark’s clue but she is missing the 80’s part. 

On 8/28/2022 at 12:53 PM, Dani said:

Yes, which is why I am wondering what they would do. It’s clearly not who they are pointing to but she is a famous person related to Lark. 

I wonder if there is specific language in the rules that it has to be that one celebrity or is it like Jeopardy where they will accept a correct answer that wasn’t the answer they were looking for. So if someone guessed Kaia would they be eliminated or would Lark? I don’t think it’s likely to happen but am curious what they would do if it did. 

Kaia Gerber would be as incorrect an answer as Martha Stewart because she's not the person that the clues point to, regardless of whom she's related to.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, anniebird said:

Kaia Gerber would be as incorrect an answer as Martha Stewart because she's not the person that the clues point to, regardless of whom she's related to.

I’m sure your right and that the language is specifically the person’s claim to fame so there is only one correct answer. I just think it would be hilarious if someone guessed a celebrity that the person is related to but isn’t the one the clues are about. Particularly when a lot of the guesses have happened when they didn’t have specific clues. And it makes me wonder how they would handle that particular reveal. It would certainly require clarification on the show’s part.

Even more so it makes me wonder if certain celebrities are complete off the table because they are part of celebrity families. That last one is more speculation for future seasons now that we know everyone but it makes me curious.