Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Breaking Bad

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Airdate 08/01/22

Make of the title what you will.

Its A Trap GIF

But seriously, I'm half expecting this to be another episode about Gene, Jeff, and Marion (and possibly Kim, paying off that mysterious November 12 phone call he planned with Francesca in the "Quite a Ride" flash-forward), with Jesse and Walt being saved for the second-to-last episode. As someone on Reddit pointed out, that would explain why a new episode of the Talking Saul post-episode roundtable is scheduled for that episode, so our returning faves can participate.

And I'm excited to see the shitstorm that would be sure to erupt if the show doesn't get the fireworks factory next week!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

The episode title accompanied by pics of Walt and Jesse is all over the internet with every blurb helpfully pointing out the Saul first appeared in the BB episode Better Call Saul, so surely that means ...  It feels like they'd be setting themselves up for a shitstorm of epic proportions to call another black and white Gene in Omaha episode Breaking Bad and you have to think they know that.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I will NOT check out your post in the Spoiler thread.  So there.

I won't be mad if Walt & Jesse don't appear in this ep. I actually don't expect them to. I think the title "Breaking Bad" is a playful misdirect. There's plenty of other possible meanings for that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

This is just a thought but, I wonder if this ep deals with what Kim was doing after she left Jimmy and during the Breaking Bad years.

Did she became a lawyer in another state and try to do good? Or do old habits die hard and she tried scheming again? Or maybe she stayed in ABQ and was watching Saul from afar.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FortKnox said:

This is just a thought but, I wonder if this ep deals with what Kim was doing after she left Jimmy and during the Breaking Bad years.

Did she became a lawyer in another state and try to do good? Or do old habits die hard and she tried scheming again? Or maybe she stayed in ABQ and was watching Saul from afar.

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get a better resolution on Kim’s story.

• Love 5

Here’s Walt and Jesse… damn cut off before we see them. Francesca! Should have known Saul hid money. Oh they are talking about Skyler getting a deal and Jesse's car abandoned. Huell made it out and Kim checked in on Francesca and asked about Jimmy.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 6
On 7/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, Dev F said:

And I'm excited to see the shitstorm that would be sure to erupt if the show doesn't get the fireworks factory

Yup, I think some people are not going to be happy with another B&W Gene crime caper episode. Should be interesting to see the reactions.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

Why was Francesca such a horses ass to Gene on the phone?  

Isn't that part of her Breaking Bad persona?  But I think it's mostly because Saul left her having to answer to the cops.  They follow her everywhere she goes.

And it sounds like he put her name on the corporations he used to launder money without telling her. 

13 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Uh Oh Gene got a taste and now wants more action. Kim turned him down on the phone so he has nothing left to lose?

I don't think it's about him getting a taste or Kim turning him down.  The way he reacted when Francesca said what he ran off with must not have been "chump change" makes me think he didn't take as much money as we think he did.

Could someone tell me where I know this bar patron from?  The actor looks very familiar.  I'd go back to the credits but I don't want to go back to the beginning. 

This episode is very tense.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Foiled again - Walt and Jesse are on after all.

I am trying to ignore Aaron Paul looks older.

I believe that’s why he was kept in shadow throughout that scene. The knit hats on both of them helped, too.

10 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Nice to see Walt and Jesse, but I'm...underwhelmed so far?  

And these scams are so boring.  What a miserable life.

…and so little return for the risk.  Gene should have enough cash by now to live modestly, far into the future without having to work.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Could someone tell me where I know this bar patron from?  The actor looks very familiar.  I'd go back to the credits but I don't want to go back to the beginning. 

He reminds me of Russell Dalrymple, "The President of NBC" who was in love with Elain on Seinfeld...

Edited by SimplexFish
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm terrible at figuring out some of the symbolism on this show, so I don't even know what that fish in the water means.

Well, I'm worse.  But where was there a fish in the episode?  

And so much for redemption for Saul.  This is the Gilliverse, after all.  If Kim comes back to him now I will be PO'ed.  

ETA:  OK, now that I have calmed down a bit, I still think the Casablanca Ending could still happen.  

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 2

The bar patron was Stuart on The Big Bang Theory.

Loved seeing Walt and Jesse back, and that transition of the fake grave to Gene lying in bed was perfect.

Damn, if only Saul had listened to Mike about not leaving Walt alone. Also lol that Mike has zero patience for Saul’s “excercising.”

So even Jeff and his friends have standards, not ripping off a guy with cancer…

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Nice to see Walt and Jesse, but I'm...underwhelmed so far?

And these scams are so boring.  What a miserable life.

People wanted a Jesse and Walt appearance so very badly.  I was not one of them. I felt their story was told.  And because their story was told, there's very little BCS could show that would live up to the hype or idea of them.  The highlight was the duck-taped bullet holes in the Winnebago.

But there they are so hopefully people who wanted to see them have that thirst quenched.  (I'd actually love to see Jesse scenes similar to these Gene scenes.  )

8 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

The cancer guy looks like the younger brother of Paul Giamatti

Kevin Sussman.  I remember him from Ugly Betty but he's better known as Stuart from The Big Bang Theory.

5 minutes ago, SimplexFish said:

He reminds me pf "The President of NBC" Russell Dalrymple who was in love with Elain on Seinfeld

I lied. I did go back.  His name is Devin Ratray.  I looked over his IMDb and I'm guessing I know him from Law & Order.

• Love 5
Just now, Armchair Critic said:

Gene got greedy.

And maybe developed a death wish.

5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

People wanted a Jesse and Walt appearance so very badly.  I was not one of them. I felt their story was told.  And because their story was told, there's very little BCS could show that would live up to the hype or idea of them.  The highlight was the duck-taped bullet holes in the Winnebago.

I do think the very beginning flashback of Saul in the car was brilliant. Gotta have that coming full circle. And Walt and Jesse were a hilarious bickering pair as ever. Anal polyps that they are.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Does Gene want to rip off the cancer guy as a belated fuck-you to Walt? If so, it might be his downfall.

Two to go!!!

I would say yes (in addition to Saul being someone who just doesn't like to give up). I think despite all the terrible things he's done, Saul sees Walt as the source of his ultimate downfall.

• Love 11

When Gene broke the window to get into cancer guy's house, my first thought was that he's going to get shot. Since the cops showed up maybe he's just going to get caught. It's a toss-up as to which is worse.

• Love 7