Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

6c78dfe8-3992-4d4f-8ad5-cb136b7aa1c6?bas

Aura: A married couple is terrorized by a cryptic visitor after moving into their new home.

Max Greenfield
Gabourey Sidibe 
Joel Swetow
Lily Rohren
Vince Yap
ahs2worry-1.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania

It was great seeing Gaby again, and she sold this, made it decent despite the glaringly obvious twist that her lifetime movie-esque husband would become the main villain.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

It was sufficiently scary. I didn’t buy them as a couple but I like both actors so I enjoyed it. So is every week going to be a different story? Are we going to jump back to last weeks story or is that done? I’m confused. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, sadie said:

Are we going to jump back to last weeks story or is that done? I’m confused. 

The show is an anthology, every episode will be stand alone, telling a different story with different characters, Twilight Zone style. Although its also likely that they could connect to each other or another AHS series, like last week, but they are mostly all going to be different stories. 

The episode was very Lifetime with ghosts, I knew the husband was going to be evil within about three seconds, but they did at least do a good job of building suspense. I did get a surprise when we found out that the ghost janitor was trying to apologize, but obviously we all knew that the dead woman was a murdered ex of the husband right away. Gaby really sold it though.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

I was never a fan of Gaby’s acting in AHS, but she’s vastly improved. And I love Max Greenfield, so this one was a win for me. I’m glad to see someone join the Ryan Murphy world who’s not just some legacy famous kid.

Seemed like it could’ve been an episode of Black Mirror.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Better than last week. I am not sure why Bryce disappeared into a pile of dust or how Jaslyn could explain how her husband is missing, leaving her with a huge crippling debt. You would think Jaslyn's two friend ghosts would protect her from her A-hole husband ghost.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Not a bad episode but not particularly inventive or memorable. Entertaining in a very basic way but I feellike I expect more from this show in terms of creativity even if it isn't necessarily well executed. 

Also, for me at least, a story like this needed stronger leads. Agreed too that there was zero suspense regarding the husband. So obvious that he was a bad guy since there were no other characters to choose from.

The first episode was definitely better.

• Love 2

I didn't understand why Bryce came back at the end. The first two ghosts had unfinished business - the janitor wanted to apologize (although unsure why he had to be so menacing about the whole deal) and the ex-girlfriend wanted revenge for being murdered (totally get that one). What was Bryce's deal, though? He's just mad about being dead and so is going to kill Jaslyn? It was the ex-girlfriend that led to his death unless I missed something (and I'm not going to watch it again). 

Also, was her "job" selling jewelry on Etsy or a similar site? No wonder they were broke. 

• Love 1

This one was better than the first one because it was a stand alone and didn’t need tie ins to other seasons. It also was kind of like the videos we see of creepy things that show up on Ring cameras. Murphy and Co never know how to end things right so the ending was kind of dumb ( why did the guy dissolve?).

• Love 2

I agree this one was far more cohesive than Dollhouse, as a straightforward story that could stand on its own. 

Seemed like it could’ve been an episode of Black Mirror.

Yes, it was very Black Mirror Lite. 

• Love 1
On 8/17/2022 at 6:07 PM, Anela said:

I liked this one, but I don't like that she has to live with her dead husband terrorizing her like that. Maybe she will remove the camera and app this time.

All she has to do is take out the battery and delete the app from her phone. This was a fail for me. 

• Love 1