Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Mayday

• Start Topic

After Hope and friends sew the costumes, Lizzie and Ricky rehearse for the Renaissance Fair. Brie and Mike team up to investigate who paid Brady's bond.

Original airdate 7/20/22

This had such potential for drama and a decent storyline, but no, Jack can fly a plane and with help, landed it and they got the pilot to a cath-lab nearby.  It would have been far more dramatic and interesting to crash the plane, have some injuries and be stranded and needing real rescuing.  So much more interesting the many of the other "dramatic" issues in town.  

I cannot stand Hope. The way she treats Doc makes me wonder why he's so devoted to her. I understand she's having issues due to her accident, but I find her just as annoying and ridiculous in season four as I did in season one. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I do not think Denny is Doc’s grandson. I think he is an orphan who latched into the picture of Doc and whatever her name was  and just wants a family. I don’t think he intended to steal the drugs until he saw them - which is still a crime of course 

Ricky is somewhat more grown up this season. Lizzie is less of a pain 

It seems  to me that Mike, law enforcement officer, is the brains behind Calvin’s drug  operation - especially since he’s not come clean about Brady turning state’s  evidence.  Jack’s  not going to take that well. 

Hope is afraid to go to the doctor because she’s afraid of bad news.  
Bert’s wife was the same with the added stress of being uninsured. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3
On 7/22/2022 at 11:37 AM, tvmom said:

I cannot stand Hope. The way she treats Doc makes me wonder why he's so devoted to her. I understand she's having issues due to her accident, but I find her just as annoying and ridiculous in season four as I did in season one. 

She's always been kind of a nasty bitch to everyone. Which is why it's so funny that they're like "Hope isn't being herself" Um, yes, she is. That's how she always asks. She's being a bit more anti-social and forgetful but she's always been kid of nasty B. Agree they should have killed her and let Doc & Murial get together. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2

Shut up, Jack. Quit being a selfish jerk. Mel deserves to know who the father of her baby is. It’s not about your feelings.  Jeebus.

I’m starting to hate his controlling, needy ass. In fact I think I hate almost everyone on this show. Such a bunch of whiners.

Did anyone not guess Denny was a fake?

• Like 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Shut up, Jack. Quit being a selfish jerk. Mel deserves to know who the father of her baby is. It’s not about your feelings.  Jeebus.

I’m starting to hate his controlling, needy ass. In fact I think I hate almost everyone on this show. Such a bunch of whiners.

Do we know Denny is a fake? Did I miss that?

On 7/29/2022 at 9:32 PM, Haleth said:

I was thinking the same about Jack but also during the flashback to what he said to Brady at the bar. Maybe he has given Brady one too many chances but I was really surprised that he was so condescending about "congrats on deciding not to be a drug dealer" and "you turned on your friends when you cooperated with the DEA" or whatever. 

Also, if the baby is Mark's then maybe his parents might like to know and have involvement in the baby's life! I honestly don't remember if Mel had a good relationship with them or not though

11 hours ago, AG921 said:

Also, if the baby is Mark's then maybe his parents might like to know and have involvement in the baby's life! I honestly don't remember if Mel had a good relationship with them or not though

If Mel had a good relationship with Mark's parents, his death seems to have put an end to it. The sister wanted Mel's engagement ring back because it was a family heirloom (though she later apologized for that), and the mother is going nuclear about the embryos/babies.

Mel needs to know her baby's paternity so she can deal with Mark's mother. IMO, that takes precedence over Jack's ridiculous feelings that he isn't sure he can raise another man's child. 

• Love 4

I'm only here for the occasional Muriel sitings. She was cracking me up during the costume sewing. "You can't rush perfection." Then Connie yanking it out of her hand and handing it to Lily's daughter. But then the look she shoots them when they try to take away another costume.

I'm starting to not trust Mike- which ticks me off since he's a book favorite of mine. And I really loved Preacher and Paiges book, so not liking what is happening with them.

I am liking Lizzie more and more though.

Also loving Brie and Brady.

And Muriel. But I'm over the Muriel/Doc ship because she deserves to be number 1!

• Like 1
On 10/4/2022 at 8:34 AM, Bali said:

I'm only here for the occasional Muriel sitings. She was cracking me up during the costume sewing. "You can't rush perfection." Then Connie yanking it out of her hand and handing it to Lily's daughter. But then the look she shoots them when they try to take away another costume.

I'm starting to not trust Mike- which ticks me off since he's a book favorite of mine. And I really loved Preacher and Paiges book, so not liking what is happening with them.

I am liking Lizzie more and more though.

Also loving Brie and Brady.

And Muriel. But I'm over the Muriel/Doc ship because she deserves to be number 1!

I think Brie and Brady are what’s mostly keeping me going with this. 

I definitely get a sketch vibe from Mike, which bums me out because I also liked him in the books. Although, it’s been about 15 years since I read them, so I’m gaslighting myself over my memory of every character in the show when I get mad at them for being stupid.