Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Incognito

• Start Topic

Chekov's cereal box comes into play. Undercover cop (UC) is playing very fast and loose with the Codys and that won't end well. 

Who thought the Codys (OK, just Craig) set up the attack on Renn? Just me? What about Renn's brothers & cousins to help her out. Is it still Christina Ochoa playing Renn? She looks very different. 

I only kind of like the flashbacks, but I'm getting whiplash about when they go back & forth and not a lot of continuity. I also was thinking about the dates and they don't make a lot of sense - and now J is supposed to be 23ish but acts like he's 35?  There can't be that many episodes left so they better start wrapping this up soon.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Craig should have taken the baby home with him, leaving Renn with her family and drug dealing. It takes a lot to make him look like the better and stable parent. 

The cop is stupid, Pope is onto her play.

• Like 7

Did the cop accidentally leave her phone under the seat, or was that planned?  Either way, incredibly stupid, because what if a call for her comes in?  I'm sure the Codys have access to phone techs who could break into the phone in minutes, giving her up altogether.  

Did Deran and Craig leave some survivors in the building?  Not a good ploy.

"It's not a Radio Shack, it's more like a Target for electronics."  Not quite as good as a Macy's, but better than a Kohl's, I guess.

For all the advertising that Hatosy is doing with the Dodge Ram truck, where is it, anyway?  He's driving a competitor.

• Like 2

I doubt the cop left her real phone, it was likely a burner and an excuse to track Pope. I wonder if Taylor is in witness protection now? The Codys have been doing this for years, so they must be suspicious when “new friends” suddenly disappear. 
Ick, ick, ick to Smurf’s lack of boundaries with teenaged Pope, she looked like she was checking him out when she walked in with the towels. 

Nice to see Craig and Deran make up. Craig and Renn should have gone into hiding for awhile instead of right back to his house. The hell?

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

Chekov's cereal box comes into play. Undercover cop (UC) is playing very fast and loose with the Codys and that won't end well. 

Who thought the Codys (OK, just Craig) set up the attack on Renn? Just me? What about Renn's brothers & cousins to help her out. Is it still Christina Ochoa playing Renn? She looks very different. 

I only kind of like the flashbacks, but I'm getting whiplash about when they go back & forth and not a lot of continuity. I also was thinking about the dates and they don't make a lot of sense - and now J is supposed to be 23ish but acts like he's 35?  There can't be that many episodes left so they better start wrapping this up soon.

The show coming to an end is telling me that this rogue cop from Riverside County might get away with her lone wolf illegal tactics where the others in Oceanside before her failed.

As for Christine Ochoa I think she has just hit that age when we begin to notice the differences. It hits those who were the best looking harder than those who were just attractive to begin with.

9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Craig should have taken the baby home with him, leaving Renn with her family and drug dealing. It takes a lot to make him look like the better and stable parent. 

2 hours ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Nice to see Craig and Deran make up. Craig and Renn should have gone into hiding for awhile instead of right back to his house. The hell?

Given the logic of the show I guess the Aryans didn't know they kidnapped a Cody judging by the who are you when Craig bust in.  And if they find out that even without Uncle Pope in the raid the little brothers pulled it off discretion would be the better part of valor. But more likely they will be the end of one of the brothers or J. with the cops after Pope.

Amazing fire discipline from Craig with Deran's vest eating bullets. A little Fast and Furious copy of Jason Stratham and the kid so that an infant wouldn't remember

• Like 2

Little Nick is screwed. What are the odds that both of his parents live until he is eighteen, or are both free until he is eighteen? It's great that Craig got him back but this is not that kid's last scary moment.

Did Christina Ochoa lose weight for a role? Is that what is making her look different?

I really can't stand the shady cold case cop. It feels like she is playing a little too fast and loose. Not a fan of cops committing crimes in the name of solving crimes on tv shows (breaking and entering). Waiting to see how this plays out now that Pope knows something is up.

J's married girlfriend is going to be his and maybe his uncle's (since he's laundering their money) downfall. Between the husband and the junkie sister someone is going to get confirmation of what J is up to and seek revenge or bribes.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The promo spots were making me worried they would kill off Deran so I'm relieved it was a misdirect. He's the one I'm hoping most will survive this season. 

Pope always looks at people like he's about to murder them so I couldn't figure out if he was onto the cop or not. 

Well, Craig has now officially killed someone.

Who thought the Codys (OK, just Craig) set up the attack on Renn? Just me? 

I wondered at first, when it happened, but then it became clear pretty quickly it wasn't him.

For all the advertising that Hatosy is doing with the Dodge Ram truck, where is it, anyway?

I know right? He says it's like a character in the show but the only vehicle that's been a constant is Deran's green truck. Whatever they're driving in that commercial, I don't recognize.

• Like 1

The RAM truck commercial is several years old, dating back to season 1 or 2.  Doesn't make any sense airing it now. In other vehicle news, Jay still has his Toyota pick-up, right?  Whatever happened to the Challenger?

(edited)
3 hours ago, LekoBoy said:

The RAM truck commercial is several years old, dating back to season 1 or 2.  Doesn't make any sense airing it now. In other vehicle news, Jay still has his Toyota pick-up, right?  Whatever happened to the Challenger?

So much for being "another character - except one that's killed off!

Edited by Kristi800
4 hours ago, TooMuchRealityTV said:

I really can't stand the shady cold case cop. It feels like she is playing a little too fast and loose. Not a fan of cops committing crimes in the name of solving crimes on tv shows (breaking and entering). Waiting to see how this plays out now that Pope knows something is up.

I can't stand her either. 

Also, she doesn't seem to give a damn about Taylor as long as she gets the information on Pope.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think Sean Hatosy should have received Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.  He plays that character so well.  No other character has come off as creepy, is a murder, yet makes breakfast burritos for people that don’t have enough to eat and is so worried about a date.  He is complicated lol.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

She's unethical, inept and ineffective, I'll be looking forward to her inevitable demise.

Maybe J could take the shady cold case cop out for a boat ride...

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

It's going to be really disappointing if she somehow winds up being the downfall of Pope, after the Codys have evaded prosecution by much more competent law enforcement. And yet that's what I fear is in store.

With only six episodes left, the show is going to be hard pressed to tie the flashbacks up with any sort of meaningful closure.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

With only six episodes left, the show is going to be hard pressed to tie the flashbacks up with any sort of meaningful closure.

Is this the last season?

3 hours ago, hookedontv said:

If only...

• Love 1

It's going to be really disappointing if she somehow winds up being the downfall of Pope, after the Codys have evaded prosecution by much more competent law enforcement. And yet that's what I fear is in store.

The only way that happens is if she accidentally stumbles across some other Cody crimes while she has him under surveillance. After this long and as complicated as Catherine's history was with Pope they could find his dna on the body and all his lawyer would have to say is that she was alive when Pope left and Baz killed her after. No DA is going to try this case even if they had film of Pope suffocating her. 

I wonder if we aren't headed to more of a Soprano's style life goes on ending. Rather than go out in blaze of glory the boys go their separate ways. Pope moves on with his skate park, Craig his family, Deran goes off to Bali to be with his love and Jay takes over the legitimate business. It would speak to the shows overall theme about the cycle of abuse and addiction and how it keeps on going.

• Like 1
On 7/19/2022 at 8:48 AM, Laurie4H said:

I think Sean Hatosy should have received Emmy and Golden Globe nominations.  He plays that character so well.  No other character has come off as creepy, is a murder, yet makes breakfast burritos for people that don’t have enough to eat and is so worried about a date.  He is complicated lol.  

Isn't that the truth!  It's almost criminal that he hasn't.  This is the episode that made me realize how much I am going to miss this show terribly when it's gone.  Shawn Hatosy is so compelling to watch that I would be happy to watch him be Pope for the next 10 years.  I'm going to be so sorry to see all these guys go.  Getting weepy over a show about murderous criminals just shows how impactful these characters have been so kudos to the actors.

On 7/18/2022 at 11:24 AM, iMonrey said:

Pope always looks at people like he's about to murder them so I couldn't figure out if he was onto the cop or not. 

Lol, I love your way with words.  Both hilarious and also true!

1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Shawn Hatosy is so compelling to watch that I would be happy to watch him be Pope for the next 10 years. 

Pope in a wheelchair at the old folks home, staring everyone down and getting a second helping of ice cream whenever he wants it.

23 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Or she gathers up a mountain of evidence, bops on into the family house, and lays it on the table:  "You have a choice.  Go down swinging, and get buried on pauper's hill because I took all your money, or....you start working for me.  You do the jobs that I line up, take a good split, and I provide the protection."  Smurf is reborn.

Is this the last season?

Yes.

The only way that happens is if she accidentally stumbles across some other Cody crimes while she has him under surveillance. After this long and as complicated as Catherine's history was with Pope they could find his dna on the body and all his lawyer would have to say is that she was alive when Pope left and Baz killed her after. No DA is going to try this case even if they had film of Pope suffocating her. 

Well, it's possible she's either working with Amy or will be. If Amy testifies that Pope confessed to her they might have a case.

Yes.

Well, it's possible she's either working with Amy or will be. If Amy testifies that Pope confessed to her they might have a case.

They way she was shown looking at Amy's license plate at the date I think the detective is going to make it a point to find Amy. Would it be as  a cop or still undercover as the scared mom I think can go either way.

• Like 1

Wow, stealing someone's kid, and in broad daylight too. The mafia would not approve, lol.

Pope didn't even know how to go on a date without getting OCD about it.

Wait, so Penny's husband wasn't back or had he left already? Whose car had been sitting at her house? But ugh, J had apparently been doing drive-bys.

Julia had to pick her little brothers up from school because apparently Smurf couldn't be bothered. Was that Smurf's way of keeping Craig and Deran feeling needy for her attention?

J breaks some guy's nose and doesn't even bother to wash his hands afterward. Yuck. And Penny seemed to know what was up: J was trying to impress her. 🙄

Poor baby Nick, having to be not only held hostage in a trap house but also in one with booming noise masquerading as music. He might have hearing loss.

Dang, good thing Deran was wearing the Kevlar vest. Or the guy didn't aim for his head.

Nick can't even walk or talk yet and he's already in the Cody crime life. Grandma Smurf would so proud.

• Like 1
  • Love 1