Type keyword(s) to search

Teresa or Melissa: Your Preference

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Teresa for me. As soon as Bravo brought Joe and Melissa to the show they killed it as far as I'm concerned...

Legal situation aside, just based on the show, I agree.  The addition of the Gorgas and Wakiles (and the subsequent pile up from all the cast on Teresa) took the show to a dark place from which it has yet to recover, and I don't know if it ever will.   I stopped watching midway through last season because I just couldn't stand to listen to them anymore.  And now we find out that Melissa lied about why she wanted to move (remember, reunion - didn't want her kids being picked on by Tre's girls), so if everything she claimed last two seasons wasn't suspect already, it is now.

• Love 4

I just had to change my vote because I had initially thought we were talking about TerEHsa who is terrible, but Melissa annoys me more, however if we're talking Tre G. v Melissa I'm team Melissa all the way! 

• Love 1

I don't understand the idea of Melissa and Joe "ruining" the show. The first two seasons consisted of table flips, prostituiton whore, hair ripping, screaming chasing f***** taunting trash. As far as I'm concerned, there was no "there" there.

Edited by shoegal
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I think before Melissa and Joe came on the only real drama they had was with Danielle, who was certainly worthy of some drama. She was batshit insane. When the Gorgas came on and immediately we were witnessing this huge family feud, the show suddenly felt very dark to me. It's as if they wanted to intentionally air this crap to cement their place on the show. It's one thing to flip a table because some nut job from the same town (or not...I can never keep the geography straight) is driving you nuts, but to intentionally air years of problems between your sibling and yourself? I don't know....it just rubbed me wrong. I'm not saying Tre is all innocent here, but she didn't need this storyline to stay relevant. She was already a fan favorite. 

• Love 6

I thought the show turned dark when Teresa decided to go ape shit and chase down a fellow cast member. Teresa was not related to Danielle, sure, but that doesn't make her behavior any less disgusting.

• Love 5

Even if I don't like all of her business practices, or her plea of ignorance toward illegal activities, Teresa has never come off to me as fake or malicious. She is very hands-on mother who adores her family.

Melissa, on the other hand, always appears "on" and as if she's trying to manipulate every single second to benefit her. One minute she's praising Jesus, next minute victimized by her in-laws, next minute trying to be a supah star, next minute stirring fights with the new girls and then denying any of it. Everyone and everything around her is just a prop.

• Love 8

I think before Melissa and Joe came on the only real drama they had was with Danielle, who was certainly worthy of some drama. She was batshit insane. When the Gorgas came on and immediately we were witnessing this huge family feud, the show suddenly felt very dark to me. It's as if they wanted to intentionally air this crap to cement their place on the show. It's one thing to flip a table because some nut job from the same town (or not...I can never keep the geography straight) is driving you nuts, but to intentionally air years of problems between your sibling and yourself? I don't know....it just rubbed me wrong. I'm not saying Tre is all innocent here, but she didn't need this storyline to stay relevant. She was already a fan favorite.

Exactly ghoulina. My first viewing of this show was season 3, the christening. I couldn't believe how horrible the Gorgas treated Teresa and it seemed to me too that Melissa was trying to show up Teresa at every opportunity. She didn't care if she ruined family relationships as long as she got her 15 min of fame. Then we had the pile on of the other shrews and that made me team Tre all the way. Now I don't like either of them, though, Jac for me, is the worst ever on this franchise.

• Love 5

Team Melissa over Tre.  Tre is an entitled thief who thinks she can con the audience into believing otherwise.  Melissa may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but she does 'get' a lot of things.  Remember 'thank you Jesus'?  Went out the window after audience reaction.  She's also toned down the bling and the attitude over the seasons.  Sure, she went for the singing career but she's got that she's not all that.  In the meantime, it's the same old Tre selling the same bill of goods.

• Love 4

Also, the drama with Danielle - the table flip, the chasing down, hair pulling - all of that occurred over 2 or 3 episodes each season.   Once the Gorgas came on with the family feud, it lasted 2 entire seasons and was the focus of every single episode. Every episode featured some fight, argument, someone trash talking someone - and every single HW got involved.  That's what did it for me (and Richie's disgusting mouth).  I like a little drama and snarkiness, but this was just over the top.

• Love 4

Also, the drama with Danielle - the table flip, the chasing down, hair pulling - all of that occurred over 2 or 3 episodes each season.   Once the Gorgas came on with the family feud, it lasted 2 entire seasons and was the focus of every single episode. Every episode featured some fight, argument, someone trash talking someone - and every single HW got involved.  That's what did it for me (and Richie's disgusting mouth).  I like a little drama and snarkiness, but this was just over the top.

I remember the drama with Danielle being in every single episode for the first two seasons, involving every single HW. Even the kids got in on the Danielle drama/hate/fights. This series has always been dark and twisty.

• Love 3

I never like Teresa from day one so it is pretty easy for me Melissa.  Teresa needs to thank her lucky stars that production cast her family.  Without them she would have faded into oblivion.  Caroline had pretty much had it with her by the time they went to Italy.  It could have easily become Manzo'd With Children without Melissa, Joe, Kathy, Richie and Rosie.  I do find it odd that if Teresa is incarcerated we would left with Melissa as the top dog.

• Love 1

I voted for Melissa, but I really can't stand either of them (there should have been a 3 choice of neither!).  

Melissa tries way too hard at everything and always acts like everything is a competition with Theresa.  Which I get because Theresa and her brother seem to have a very unhealthy attachment/attraction to each other.  Not saying Flowers in the Attic attractions, but the two of them are always comparing their spouses to their siblings.

Theresa I could never stand because she came across as a liar about everything, even in the earlier seasons.  She didn't start the fight with Danielle, she doesn't know why Melissa has to go above and beyond with the cookies, she doesn't understand why her brother is upset that "someone" else said Melissa is a stripper and cheater, she doesn't get why Melissa was uncomfortable at family events, she doesn't get why everyone is upset about the tabloids because she's not talking to them, only posing for pictures, she doesn't understand how Caroline could be hurt by her "she's not a real Italian anyway" or whatever she said comment.  It's annoying to me that she constantly refused to own up to shit, especially some of the stuff that was caught on camera and we actually saw.  The one thing I did like about Theresa in the earlier seasons is that she did all her own housework, and I remember one of the other ladies commenting on it (maybe Jacqueline).  She's probably not doing much of that now, but it's nice to see her always cooking with her girls, even though that might be a ploy for advertising her cooking books.

• Love 1

Teresa may be a crook, but she didn't sign up for the show to take down a family member. Melissa is a shady as they come and I will never like her for that.

No, but is there any doubt left that she would have? If, let's say, Kathy and Melissa would have been on the show first? Teresa and Juicy are sitting over there in the gaudy mansion, in debt up to their eyeballs, with no way to get out of it. At the same time they are watching Kathy and Mel - who they hate like poison - on a show becoming famous in a small-time way. They go to parties at their homes when filming is going on and it is clear they don't like each other. Production notices the hostility, or hears conversation about the family dynamics, and approaches Teresa about coming on the show. I cannot believe - with everything that we now know about Teresa and her need to live a life that she cannot afford, and the jealousy that she has for Mel and Kathy - that she would have turned down this opportunity. Not in a million years. 

Also, I am still awaiting any proof that Melissa and Joey came on the show to "take anyone down". I think they wanted a shot at the fame Teresa had. 

• Love 4

I think it's fairly obvious that Joe/Mel probably told casting agents they wanted to take Tre down, but they never actually DID anything in service of that. Their issues were regular family drama that got blown up because they are who they are.

They weren't the ones who tipped the feds off about the illegalities Juicy and Tre were into...

Just coming on this thread as I just found this forum - NOW, I prefer Teresa, though that isn't saying much.  I just got tired of the anti-Teresa slant of the past seasons, and Melissa totally lost me when she screamed at that one reunion about how she as the "victim".  Oh and no way Teresa was near smart enough to "set up" Melissa at that Posche Fashion Show, so I have no idea what Melissa is basing that on, except a whole big nothing.

• Love 3

I don't know, I think that Teresa can.  Plus, in all honesty, so what if she was there when gossip was said about Melissa?  Personally, I don't think that Teresa owed Melissa anything, and also just because she didn't defend Melissa, well that is not the same thing as setting her up.

• Love 1

I don't know, I think that Teresa can.  Plus, in all honesty, so what if she was there when gossip was said about Melissa?  Personally, I don't think that Teresa owed Melissa anything, and also just because she didn't defend Melissa, well that is not the same thing as setting her up.

The so what is, they don't like each other but are supposedly trying to fix their relationship.  It's not a coincidence she's always the one who hears the gossip about Mel. It's because she'll sit there and make the faces and the "oh my god", instead of defending her, or even just leaving the situation.

No, but is there any doubt left that she would have? If, let's say, Kathy and Melissa would have been on the show first? Teresa and Juicy are sitting over there in the gaudy mansion, in debt up to their eyeballs, with no way to get out of it. At the same time they are watching Kathy and Mel - who they hate like poison - on a show becoming famous in a small-time way. They go to parties at their homes when filming is going on and it is clear they don't like each other. Production notices the hostility, or hears conversation about the family dynamics, and approaches Teresa about coming on the show. I cannot believe - with everything that we now know about Teresa and her need to live a life that she cannot afford, and the jealousy that she has for Mel and Kathy - that she would have turned down this opportunity. Not in a million years. 

Also, I am still awaiting any proof that Melissa and Joey came on the show to "take anyone down". I think they wanted a shot at the fame Teresa had. 

Melissa came right out and said she was in it for the opportunities.  Teresa should be down on her knees thanking Danielle and the powers that be that Danielle contacted Melissa after the tale of the sprinkle cookies. Had Joey, Melissa and Kathy not been cast  Teresa would have exited with Danielle instead they made her the break away star.   By Season 3, Teresa was BK (for over a year) and headed for trouble and as  this season has proven her legal troubles aren't that interesting.

I thought Joe Gorga explained it best last year at the Reunion-Teresa attempted the always ineffective it is them or me with production. Hours before the christening she begrudgingly signed and proceeded to try and take over the scenes at the christening after not speaking to her family for many months.  I still think Joe acted like an ass but it was the beginning of Teresa's rise to stardom.  With Danielle gone she needed a new target for her aggression.

Am I the only one who found it ironic, after the three year tiff over the holiday sprinkle cookies, Teresa now sells them as part of her "Fabulicious Dessert" line?  http://store.fabuliciousdesserts.com/product-p/d12.htm  No one ever accused Teresa of any sort of integrity.

• Love 1

The so what is, they don't like each other but are supposedly trying to fix their relationship.  It's not a coincidence she's always the one who hears the gossip about Mel. It's because she'll sit there and make the faces and the "oh my god", instead of defending her, or even just leaving the situation.

I guess I see it differently than that.  Again, IMO, Teresa owes Melissa nothing.  Do you think that my husband's sister would vehemently defend me if she overheard a "rumor"?  LOL, doubtful

• Love 2

I guess I see it differently than that.  Again, IMO, Teresa owes Melissa nothing.  Do you think that my husband's sister would vehemently defend me if she overheard a "rumor"?  LOL, doubtful

Even if she doesn't, the 3rd and fourth time she's heard some terrible rumor about you and her response is an "OH! I'm SOOOO Shocked" face, you have every right to disbelieve her and find her disingenuine.  

• Love 1