Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Marigold

• Start Topic

So whatever causes Alphonso to look the way he does apparently gets/got worse. And Sparrow Ben was a dick from the get go. 

I wonder when they started drugging Reginald?
wait, Pogo gave them the drugs?! I wonder if it started right away?

As messed up as umbrella crew is at least they had Pogo and “Mom” to temper some of the abuse. The Sparrows didn’t see “mom” as mom and pogo left. 

Yeah, really not liking Alison. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9

That was such a sad and touching scene with Allison and Ray and then she just had to go and deliver Harlan to Evil Ben. The Allison that would have been born would have lived a totally different life. There would be no Clare! These people never think anything through.

• Love 10
20 hours ago, festivus said:

That was such a sad and touching scene with Allison and Ray and then she just had to go and deliver Harlan to Evil Ben. The Allison that would have been born would have lived a totally different life. There would be no Clare! These people never think anything through.

It was baffling, wasn't it? After they arrived in the present Allison kept saying she needed to get to Claire and no one figured out she would (almost certainly) not exist in this new timeline. And every time they say something like "no it's OUR house"...no, actually it's not. They are extremely slow to pick up on the implications of being in an alternate timeline!

Really liking this season, though. It is holding together much better.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, snarktini said:

They are extremely slow to pick up on the implications of being in an alternate timeline!

Spending years hoping to get back "home" and only to be thrown such a curveball. That might not help. Allison was stuck 2 years?

This show is very chaotic. I can barely keep track of all the timelines and alternations. But yes, it's a bit odd that Allison thought she would still have a daughter. But then, some things seemed to be quite similar. Reggie was still around in the same house. So, disorientation together with missing her daughter for years might do it.

On 6/24/2022 at 7:38 PM, festivus said:

These people never think anything through.

That should be the subtitle of this show!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hmm, so Stanley isn't Lila and Diego's kid after all, congrats to whoever called that back in Ep 2. That doesn't break my heart, kid was seriously annoying.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 3
  • Love 5
On 6/23/2022 at 1:12 AM, HelloooKitty said:

So whatever causes Alphonso to look the way he does apparently gets/got worse. And Sparrow Ben was a dick from the get go. 

I assumed it was damage from all the punches (or worse) that he takes.  Just like lepers used to lose parts of their fingers because they didn't feel pain when they burned or scraped themselves.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow, the rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper.

Damn, Lila! So you got Diego to care for a child that wasn't his or yours, for that matter.  Now Diego is maimed and your nephew is dusted. Way to go.

So Reginald was drugged to keep the Sparrows from going on a suicide mission.  Wild. Klaus brought the asshole back to life!

Good gravy, now Luther wants to be a Sparrow? Yikes.  Fei is my favorite now. Everyone else (minor exception to Five) is too stupid for words.

Did Allison leave Viktor behind to deliver Harlan to the Sparrows?  Amazing how these siblings claim to care about each other yet do despicable things to each other.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Urg, this Lila/Diego/Stanley stuff is getting worse by the minute. Now this isn't even his kid, but a kid she took for a trip? I mean, I'm glad because Stanley is such a shit kid, but it was still a waste of a plot.

The Viktor/Harlan stuff was pretty good, but disappointing that Allison found out about Harlan's actions the way that she did, and she delivered Harlan to the Sparrows. I get Allison is going through a lot mentally, but none of what she's doing right now is ok. I did like her scene with a hallucination Ray, though. I do see what the show is trying to do with Allison, but it's frustrating to watch her spiral like this.

Good scene with Pogo/Five. It seems like there's still more to this Reginald than we're actually seeing. 

I'm not surprised Luther is joining the Sparrows. Both families are a mess, though.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
On 6/27/2022 at 11:33 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:
On 6/23/2022 at 1:12 AM, HelloooKitty said:

I assumed it was damage from all the punches (or worse) that he takes.  Just like lepers used to lose parts of their fingers because they didn't feel pain when they burned or scraped themselves.

https://screenrant.com/alphonso-powers-explained-sparrow-umbrella-academy/

This really makes me wish that we had more of the Sparrows, in this episode we can start to see the differences in how they were raised from the Umbrella's and how things ended up the way they are now. Pogo left earlier, they didn't see Grace as a mom, so they lost their only positive influences, just left with Reginald until they started using Pogo's pills to keep him from sending them on some kind of suicide mission. What was the mission? We know he didn't send the Umbrella's on a mission that guaranteed death as most of them are alive, so does this Reginald have a different plan? I fear that Klaus may have awakened the sleeping giant by getting Reginald off the pills, he isn't any nicer than usual Reginald, just not totally there.

Some of the younger Sparrows seemed like they used to be a bit nicer and cared more about each other, but I guess Sparrow Ben has always been a dick. I guess Alphonso didn't used to look as melty, and I didn't see Christopher, and you would think you would notice a floating cube.

I'm not surprised that Stan isn't really Lila and Diego's kid, he looks nothing like either of them. I don't know where Diego and Lila ended up, but it was extremely creepy, it seems like we might be dipping into the more cosmic implications of what is happening. What is the Hotel Oblivion really? 

As pissed as I am about what Allison did to Luther, I was actually feeling bad for her as she was talking to her hallucination of Ray, and then she goes after Harlan. Its somewhat understandable that she's upset, but she's such a mess this season, doubling down on every awful thing that happens. Allison is usually one of the smarter siblings, she had to have guessed that Claire might not be alive in this timeline, even if another non superhero Allison had been born, she would probably not have been a movie star so she probably never would have met her ex and had Claire. Time travel is messy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Pogo left earlier, they didn't see Grace as a mom, so they lost their only positive influences, just left with Reginald until they started using Pogo's pills to keep him from sending them on some kind of suicide mission.

Pogo left within 1 hour or so of his argument with Reginald, correct?  Did he just have those pills lying around because he was preparing to drug him on his own?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

This really makes me wish that we had more of the Sparrows, in this episode we can start to see the differences in how they were raised from the Umbrella's and how things ended up the way they are now. Pogo left earlier, they didn't see Grace as a mom, so they lost their only positive influences, just left with Reginald until they started using Pogo's pills to keep him from sending them on some kind of suicide mission. What was the mission? We know he didn't send the Umbrella's on a mission that guaranteed death as most of them are alive, so does this Reginald have a different plan? I fear that Klaus may have awakened the sleeping giant by getting Reginald off the pills, he isn't any nicer than usual Reginald, just not totally there.

I would have liked to have known more about the Sparrows as well.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Didn't Pogo say something to Reginald about the mission entailing them going to the other dimension or realm or something? Can't remember the exact word now. I wonder if the mission was wherever Diego and Lila were. There has to be more to wherever that was.

I hope when they fix the timeline, Diego gets his fingers back.

• Love 1

So Lila was lying to Diego about Stanley was his kid? That was horrible. I hate when people on shows do that. That's a crappy thing to do.

I really hate Allison. Taking Harlan and turning him over to the Sparrows. Ben's an ass.

I like the scenes with Harlan and Viktor.

I still wish they hadn't killed off the rest of the Sparrows. That could have been really interesting. 

• Like 2
On 6/30/2022 at 12:11 PM, tennisgurl said:

Allison is usually one of the smarter siblings, she had to have guessed that Claire might not be alive in this timeline, even if another non superhero Allison had been born, she would probably not have been a movie star so she probably never would have met her ex and had Claire. Time travel is messy. 

To be fair, I think Allison took off to California very quickly after they arrived in the present, before the Umbrellas found out they were never born. If she had been raised by her birth mother and had her rumors powers, she still could have whispered her way into movie stardom.

• Like 1
  • Love 1