Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Let’s Make A Deal

• Start Topic

TJ is delighted to welcome the challengers to this season's hilarious and high flying "Shooting Stars" trivia challenge. An All Star's politicing puts another player's game in danger. A pair of heavyweight matchups in the Arena sets the stage for two explosive battles.

Air Date: June 15, 2022

1) opening with "Can You Stop the Rain", hilarious! That gave me a good chuckle with the Jonna and MJ montage.

2) Derrick’s 12 year old son is either really big or Derrick is really small.

3) Trivia is the one game I wish they would take the sabotages out. If you get it right, that's it and you don't get to put an 'X' on someone else.

4) Dang it! I was rooting for Jordan to take it home because everyone wanted him out. I gotta find a new pony to back.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

2) Derrick’s 12 year old son is either really big or Derrick is really small.

I believe Derrick is 5'6". Also, I think he had his knees bent in that picture.

I just about lost it when they started playing Peabo Bryson’s can you stop the rain at the beginning of the episode, hahaha. I wonder how many people in that house have actually heard that song before. Wes with the line of the episode: just because they’re Allstars doesn’t mean they’re bright stars. My favorite episode of the season: trivia! I would think Mark and Derrick would know what Rocky Mountain oysters are since it’s a possibility to eat in past finals. Jonna vs Roni, I like both so it was a lose-lose. I really like Mark and I don’t mind Jordan so much now, but I was rooting for Mark, so I was very happy to see Mark win. I feel like they want to go at him because he’s older.

Again, the music in this episode was interesting. It’s all coming back to me now?? hehehe.

• Love 4
(edited)

Jonna is full of shit that Roni is her biggest competition. I hope to see Roni back on All Stars (with more OGs aka no one under the age of 38!). 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Jonna vs Roni, I like both so it was a lose-lose.

When they started nice stuff about Roni during the elimination, like how good she's doing... I was like "yup, she's going home." It never fails. I wanted Roni to win. The upsets, the unexpected wins, are always more entertaining. I thought Jonna would have called down Kelly Anne instead.

I really like Mark and I don’t mind Jordan so much now, but I was rooting for Mark, so I was very happy to see Mark win. I feel like they want to go at him because he’s older.

I wasn't sure who sure who Jordan would pick. I was little surprised that he picked Mark. I wanted the upset here because everyone wanted Jordan out so I wanted him to win and go back to the house.

I just about lost it when they started playing Peabo Bryson’s can you stop the rain at the beginning of the episode, hahaha.

I loved it! It was a perfect way to begin the episode with Jonna just staring into blank space, with a ballad playing, missing her boo MJ.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

When they started nice stuff about Roni during the elimination, like how good she's doing... I was like "yup, she's going home." It never fails. I wanted Roni to win. The upsets, the unexpected wins, are always more entertaining. I thought Jonna would have called down Kelly Anne instead.

I'm slipping, because the episode starting with me thinking that Veronica was on her way out. I knew that Jonna would go for someone in the treehouse, but I think she thought she had the easiest shot against Roni, especially if it was a physical elimination. 

12 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

I wasn't sure who sure who Jordan would pick. I was little surprised that he picked Mark. I wanted the upset here because everyone wanted Jordan out so I wanted him to win and go back to the house.

I could only see him picking Mark. It's hard for the guys, but I think all around Jordan thought Mark was his best shot. I root for Jordan sometimes because I love that he is a strong competitor and shines despite his limitations, and the fact that everyone respects him as a good competitor. But it's Mark, I am always going to root for Mark over everyone else. 

• Love 2

I love the trivia episodes best, mostly because I love TJ's cackle.  I also wish they would take out the sabotage.  Answering the world's dumbest questions should be a reward in itself and last man standing wins.  I can only hope Kailah doesn't last much longer.  Other than that, don't really care who wins.  As long as it isn't her.

• Love 6

Trivia eps vary in quality, but I really enjoyed the focus on TJ's sadistic glee. That's become one of my favorite bits. 

I was surprised Derrick didn't put Nehemiah in. I get why he didn't, but I just don't think that would matter as much to him given the strained relations. 

Wes continues to amuse me. Not quite "shoe to the face" amused, but he gives good content in the talking heads. 

• Love 1

Last episode, wasn't Brad crying about MJ playing a scared game?  Yet in this episode, he was too scared to use something that would have given himself an advantage, and instead gave himself a disadvantage.  What could be more "scared" than that?  It's amazing how when someone else makes a strategic move to, y'know, NOT GO HOME, it's seen as playing scared, but when YOU do it, it's playing a smart political game.

Jordan was fine this season (say what you want about him, no one could say he's playing a scared game.  He's also out, but, whatever), but I really didn't enjoy watching two people who have been very problematic towards each other hook up.  I really hope it was purely mercenary to rehab their images. I think it might have been on Jordan's part, tbh, especially since this is his first season post Tori.  But there's a weird neediness in Nia that I think is genuine.  And weird. But I will I thought she was drop dead gorgeous on her season of Real World, and I think she may have taken the lead on the least aged.  She looks exactly the fucking same.  Has anyone noticed if she's doing that goofy thumbsucking nonsense anymore?

I honestly don't know what to think about MJ and Jonna.  I've always had a soft spot for Jonna, especially after watching her go through that humiliation with that douchebag Whatshisguts.  Zak.  Damn, I actually kind of proud I forgot his name for a second.  Fuck him.  MJ certainly has come a long way since his season, and it seems mostly for the better.  It looks like he's not dipping anymore, which is a huge bonus.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, lasu said:

I've always had a soft spot for Jonna, especially after watching her go through that humiliation with that douchebag Whatshisguts.  Zak.  Damn, I actually kind of proud I forgot his name for a second.  Fuck him.

I think Jenna will regret marrying him and having a kid together.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I'm slipping, because the episode starting with me thinking that Veronica was on her way out. I knew that Jonna would go for someone in the treehouse, but I think she thought she had the easiest shot against Roni, especially if it was a physical elimination. 

I always had the feeling that Roni would be a strong and tough competitor to beat in a physical elimination. Am I way off on that?

3 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I always had the feeling that Roni would be a strong and tough competitor to beat in a physical elimination. Am I way off on that?

I don't think you are way off, I agree that Roni would be strong and tough. Jonna's best bet was Veronica, but since Veronica was not eligible, that left her Kelly Anne, Kailah, Nia, and Roni. I think that Jonna either is intimidated by Kelly Anne or does to want to go against her because of the treehouse. Size wise, She doesn't stack up well against Nia, and Nia just won an elimination and that could make Jonna afraid to pick her. Breaking up the treehouse works, so it's between Kailah and Roni. I think Jonna thought it would be easier to take Roni in a physical elimination rather than Kailah, and again I wonder if that has to do with age. Maybe Jonna saw the setup for the elmination and figured since it didn't look to be physical, she could take Roni. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/16/2022 at 3:11 PM, LaurelleJ said:

I don't think you are way off, I agree that Roni would be strong and tough. Jonna's best bet was Veronica, but since Veronica was not eligible, that left her Kelly Anne, Kailah, Nia, and Roni. I think that Jonna either is intimidated by Kelly Anne or does to want to go against her because of the treehouse. Size wise, She doesn't stack up well against Nia, and Nia just won an elimination and that could make Jonna afraid to pick her. Breaking up the treehouse works, so it's between Kailah and Roni. I think Jonna thought it would be easier to take Roni in a physical elimination rather than Kailah, and again I wonder if that has to do with age. Maybe Jonna saw the setup for the elmination and figured since it didn't look to be physical, she could take Roni. 

I didn't think breaking up the treehouse was a goal for her so it didn't cross my mind that she would pick someone in the treehouse.

I find it kinda funny that the best people to choose for self-preservation purposes were the two they couldn't call into elimination. Derrick is really bad with puzzles and Jordan, generally, isn't. Veronica is really good at puzzles, but I think she would have struggled pulling up the weighted bag giving Jonna time to do the puzzle.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 1

Sorry to see Jordan go.  The elimination wasn't quite the Clash of the Titans that Mark made it out to be.

There's not enough drama in these episodes, probably because nobody feels like they have to prove themselves anymore and also there doesn't appear to be much alcohol involved.   Used to be wild club nights, drama on the bus ride back, etc.   Now it's just ... sack races?  Why not shuffleboard or canasta?  Sheesh.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:10 AM, lasu said:

I agree with this, except I think she'll regret having TWO kids with him.  Also, I'm not correcting my misspelling of his name.  Fuck him.

Zach was the worst and most obvious misogynist on The Challenge.   I feel like a close friend or family member should have talked Jenna out of marrying him.   That said, there have also been times when I found him to be very funny and entertaining.  I don't think he'll come  back, but if he did I wouldn't mind.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, millennium said:

Zach was the worst and most obvious misogynist on The Challenge.   I feel like a close friend or family member should have talked Jenna out of marrying him.

I think there is a high chance someone did, and also the entire world tried to talk her out of it. MTV tried by airing it over and over, showing her the evidence and making her relive his shittyness. It was a giant public health campaign all targeted toward Jenna… and all of that went ignored.

5 hours ago, millennium said:

That said, there have also been times when I found him to be very funny and entertaining.

He was in season 34 with his interview comments about Pauline and Cara lol

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6/15/2022 at 4:19 PM, LaurelleJ said:

I'm slipping, because the episode starting with me thinking that Veronica was on her way out.

Me too, or maybe I was just hopeful. The early focus on both Veronica & Derrick made me excited that they might be going home. I realize I'm an outlier but I've never liked Derrick and the dislike only grows each season because he always there!!! For me his only redeeming quality is his loyalty to Mark, who I adore.

Back to Veronica. So she's dating a fan? Seems completely on brand. 

I really wish Jonna had called down Kailah who likely would've been able to get her puzzle pieces faster but, is definitely not the brightest, so I think Jonna would've smoked her on the puzzle.

Sad to see Roni go, really hope she's able to do another season.  Again, if anyone is reading this, give us more challengers like Roni. People we haven't seen for 10+ years.  Give us a break from Wes, Brad, Jonna, Derrick, Kendal, Nehemiah, etc. for a minute. Mark can stay, it's his baby, and at 50+, he's earned it. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, snarts said:

I really wish Jonna had called down Kailah who likely would've been able to get her puzzle pieces faster but, is definitely not the brightest, so I think Jonna would've smoked her on the puzzle.

I feel pretty confident in paying Jonna would have beat all the other women on this particular elimination, excluding Nia from this opinion. Jonna obviously beat Roni, and KellyAnne and Kailah are not good with puzzles. Veronica is great with puzzles, and probably the best out of all the women left, but I think she would have struggled with lifting the weighted bag to get the puzzle pieces. I don't recall Nia being good with puzzles but it's been quite a while since she's been on any Challenge so I don't know her skills with puzzles.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AntFTW said:

I think there is a high chance someone did, and also the entire world tried to talk her out of it. MTV tried by airing it over and over, showing her the evidence and making her relive his shittyness. It was a giant public health campaign all targeted toward Jenna… and all of that went ignored.

Maybe Zach's dad owns a bakery.

• LOL 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, millennium said:

This is only Wes' first time on All Stars ... and he wasn't in the previous two seasons of the flagship show either.   But I agree with the rest of your list.

I've had enough of Wes to last a lifetime.

Speaking of, WTF was up with his master "strategy" of purposely missing the first question? 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 1
On 6/18/2022 at 2:09 PM, snarts said:

Speaking of, WTF was up with his master "strategy" of purposely missing the first question? 

For all his success on the Challenge, I think someone could make a supercut of all the times Wes announced some strategy that instantly failed. Yet it never stops his next master plan or his confidence in the plans...

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, AncientNewbie said:

I've had enough of Wes to last a lifetime.

For all his success on the Challenge, I think someone could make a supercut of all the times Wes announced some strategy that instantly failed. Yet it never stops his next master plan or his confidence in the plans...

Yeah, he's like a real life Wile E. Coyote.

In this case, I think his strategy was to avoid having to put a strike on anyone in the first round to try to fly under the radar? Not sure there were enough people for it to work, but it wasn't his worst idea ever.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

Yeah, he's like a real life Wile E. Coyote.

I've been calling him "Wes E. Coyote" for years! Really, the only thing missing from his interviews is him ending those with "Wes Bergmann, Soooooper Genius!" And what usually happens? He goes off the cliff and plummets to the canyon floor below.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I've been calling him "Wes E. Coyote" for years! Really, the only thing missing from his interviews is him ending those with "Wes Bergmann, Soooooper Genius!" And what usually happens? He goes off the cliff and plummets to the canyon floor below.

Can't disagree.   But that's part of what I like about him.   He crashes and burns, goes away for awhile, then returns with a full tank of bluster.   He boasts that he's the greatest ever but conveniently forgets the time he had to be carried up the mountain by Kenny, or worse, the time that Devin -- Devin! -- crushed him in an elimination.   Wes knows it's all an act and he frequently laughs at himself so it's all good AFAIC.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I keep meaning to ask . . . it's not soft of me that I never considered Roni part of the Treehouse, is it? It's just that I feel she's normal . . . too normal for the series. She was from what I consider to be the best season of Road Rules, she barely caused a ruckus in any of her appearances there and afterward, and I was surprised she got an invite. It didn't hurt as much to see her lose as with Sophia and Steve last season, but I'm sure that after he told her and Jordan that he looked forward to seeing them again, he probably muttered "Well, just Jordan" under his breath.

On 6/16/2022 at 10:45 AM, lasu said:

Jordan was fine this season (say what you want about him, no one could say he's playing a scared game.  He's also out, but, whatever), but I really didn't enjoy watching two people who have been very problematic towards each other hook up.  I really hope it was purely mercenary to rehab their images. I think it might have been on Jordan's part, tbh, especially since this is his first season post Tori.  But there's a weird neediness in Nia that I think is genuine.  And weird. But I will I thought she was drop dead gorgeous on her season of Real World, and I think she may have taken the lead on the least aged.  She looks exactly the fucking same.  Has anyone noticed if she's doing that goofy thumbsucking nonsense anymore?

I think there's always been such sexual tension between these two, but I agree that they've wronged each other too much and too disgustingly to really get on board with them as a romantic thing now. I agree with you about Nia, also. I think Jordan truly likes and adores Nia and enjoys sex with her, but I don't think he's looking to date her. Meanwhile, I think Nia would have happily married Jordan on the spot had he proposed. She does seem incredibly needy, and there's a really sad sort of insecurity and vulnerability in her. In some ways she seems almost childlike. From my understanding, she did a podcast recently where she went on about how great sex with Jordan was. But the rumor mill as of a couple of months ago was that Jordan was being spotted looking very friendly with another challenge veteran who is not Nia but who IS an ex of his. Scandal! 

15 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

I think there's always been such sexual tension between these two, but I agree that they've wronged each other too much and too disgustingly to really get on board with them as a romantic thing now. I agree with you about Nia, also. I think Jordan truly likes and adores Nia and enjoys sex with her, but I don't think he's looking to date her. Meanwhile, I think Nia would have happily married Jordan on the spot had he proposed. She does seem incredibly needy, and there's a really sad sort of insecurity and vulnerability in her. In some ways she seems almost childlike. From my understanding, she did a podcast recently where she went on about how great sex with Jordan was. But the rumor mill as of a couple of months ago was that Jordan was being spotted looking very friendly with another challenge veteran who is not Nia but who IS an ex of his. Scandal! 

Didn’t she say he had a very small manhood when they were enemies?  Maybe he is good with his mouth or hand lol.