Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor 43: Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

I believe S43 is still filming but apparently one of the tribes somehow got leaked 

Contestants in the Vesi/Red tribe:

Dwight Moore

Cody Assenmacher

Nneka Ejere

Jessie Lopez

Justine Brennan

Noelle Lambert (she’s competed in the paralympics)

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

Colors are red, blue, and yellow.

Yellow is visible at the top right of the leak photo, so that fits.  And Blue is the most logical choice for the 3rd color.

• Love 1
(edited)

Here are two more contestants (I guess I'll say alleged in this case).  The woman's name is Ana and the guy in the second photo is a 49 year old named Mike Gabler (there's a link in the reddit comments that goes to his Survivor audition video from 2020).  Some reddit posters have said that Ana has been active on IG despite filming going on. 

ETA:

Here's another link with 10 other photos of rumored players (Ana and Mike are also in this slideshow, as are some of the above players that were already spoiled).  I have no idea where they got their info on the other ones.  Interesting looking cast if true, although some think they are trolling.  This Ana that's in the picture supposedly lives in Greece according to the people who are sleuthing.  They did say they weren't 100% sure on her.

Edited by LadyChatts

Okay, so here's the entire rumored cast.  I think the only ones that can be confirmed are the ones that were spoiled in the production book on the Vesi tribe.  No Canadians this time.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Okay, so here's the entire rumored cast.  I think the only ones that can be confirmed are the ones that were spoiled in the production book on the Vesi tribe.  No Canadians this time.

Dang…. Canucks doing too well?   Won season 41 and three of the top seven in season 42….too much?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

This cast is really young.  11 are in their 20s or under (one contestant is 19), 4 in their 30s, 2 in their 40s, and 1 in their 50s.  I don't know whether to be disappointed about that or not yet lol  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And assuming these people actually live in these respective cities, only one person from L.A.  Far cry from the days when all but like 3 people were from California.  And we have two people from Honolulu-I don't think we've ever had anyone from HI before?

• Love 2

I have to say, all I ever read is about the lack of Black contestants throughout the history of the show.  Which fair enough, that argument can and should be made, but the thing is, there has always been at least one black contestant on every single season.  There have been entire seasons where there have not been any Hispanic or Asian castaways (Or at the very least Asian contestants, I would have to look through the various casts to see if that is true about Hispanic contestants.).  Why does it seem that nobody ever gets up in arms about that? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 5/21/2022 at 3:28 AM, Brendan Birch said:

Actually, Guatemala was the only season to have absolutely none.

That said, it is kind of glaring how the other races were often neglected, too.  I'm glad for CBS's casting mandate so we can be reminded that we're a global society with many different peoples.  The casts can now reflect that going forward.

When we were talking about Clay Jordan's death in the media thread, it made me remember that Shii-Ann Huang was the first Asian contestant to ever compete on Survivor (and I still remember at the time there were people who said 'well it's filming in Thailand, of course they had to have an Asian contestant').  And then the following season they had Daniel Lue, the first male contestant that was Asian.  In re-watching his season not too far back, I never realized how hard it was for him to be around his tribe and feel like he fit in.  I was happy to have Naseer last season, and Omar this season.  If CBS is going to have this diversity initiative, I hope that they do add more diversity outside of just increasing the number of black contestants, having the remainder white with a couple other groups thrown in. 

As a whole, I think being inclusive goes beyond just race, because older contestants who were perfectly capable of competing against their younger counterparts were targeted in the past simply because their age didn't have a 2 in front of it, or they weren't male (during S35, when the Heroes tribe lost the first IC, Katrina and Chrissy seemed resigned to the fact that one of them was leaving because they were the two older women).  Anyway, to stay on topic, it's why I worry for the random older contestants this season being thrown in with a bunch of twenty and thirty somethings.  I mean, it's possible I'll dislike the over-40 contestants and be happy if they are voted off early.  But I feel sorry for them if they are targeted because they don't fit in or are older so the other castaways think they'll be useless.    

• Love 4
On 5/21/2022 at 12:03 AM, BK1978 said:

I have to say, all I ever read is about the lack of Black contestants throughout the history of the show.  Which fair enough, that argument can and should be made, but the thing is, there has always been at least one black contestant on every single season.  There have been entire seasons where there have not been any Hispanic or Asian castaways (Or at the very least Asian contestants, I would have to look through the various casts to see if that is true about Hispanic contestants.).  Why does it seem that nobody ever gets up in arms about that? 

Short version: We're used to being overlooked. This rarely happens nowadays, but I swear sometime in the last year I was filling out some form and under Ethnicity there was no box for Asian, so I had to go with   Other. 

So to be represented at all on Survivor, until recently? Great! pleasegodihopethey'renotastereotypeoranasshole

• Love 6
(edited)

So take it for what it's worth, but here's a supposed boot order for this season (worth noting that in the promo at the end of the finale, Elie, Karla, Jesse, and Sami were all featured).  The person who spoiled S42 has said that production was really cracking down on leaks this season because of what happened the last two seasons.  It's believed that the leaker of S42 was involved in production somehow. 

And the winner:

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

Not surprisingly, the other bootlist I posted above is incorrect, although I think the poster was arguing that someone in their final 5 actually wins, but it may not be the official final 5.

From the person who spoiled S42 (also a little info on the filming schedule of S44):

Also, here's a before and after photo of Karla (if you click on the link you can scroll to the after photo).  I can't tell if there's much difference, other than she looks more tan:
Edited by LadyChatts
On 5/27/2022 at 5:58 PM, LadyChatts said:

The person who spoiled S42 has said that production was really cracking down on leaks this season because of what happened the last two seasons.

While it's still a thrill to see everything play out, production is not off to a great start if the winner is sorta spoiled not a week removed from the previous season (when said season is in the preceding TV year)

Per Redmond (I got this off Survivor Sucks):

-Shot in the dark will still be around

-Hourglass twist is gone (he says there's still going to be an 'earn the merge' type twist)

-Do or Die is also gone

-No tribe swap

• Like 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Per Redmond (I got this off Survivor Sucks):

-Shot in the dark will still be around

-Hourglass twist is gone (he says there's still going to be an 'earn the merge' type twist)

-Do or Die is also gone

-No tribe swap

1. Fine, whatever.
  2. Good.
  3. THANK GOD.
  4. Meh?

Well, more good than indifferent. So now we just have to worry about what replacement twists they've come up with...

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

There hasn't been a ton of spoilers for this season compared to S44, which is kind of odd.  The original spoiler source for last season and S44 said that production was trying to keep a tighter lid on spoilers leaking out after the more recent seasons got spoiled (pretty much down to a tee).  Yet, this person hasn't had any problem with getting some details on S44. 

Anyway, the rumors surrounding this season is it's dark.  I haven't seen anything concrete, but I've been hearing of ugly confrontations, comments being made, someone quitting late in the game.  Whether any of that is true or makes it to air, who knows.

On 7/27/2022 at 2:43 PM, LadyChatts said:

There hasn't been a ton of spoilers for this season compared to S44, which is kind of odd.  The original spoiler source for last season and S44 said that production was trying to keep a tighter lid on spoilers leaking out after the more recent seasons got spoiled (pretty much down to a tee).  Yet, this person hasn't had any problem with getting some details on S44. 

I thought there were spoilers for S43 but maybe they were fake. It's been months since I browsed the Survivor spoiler subreddit and I can't remember who was predicted to win. I just skimmed through all the bios from the EW article and no one's name rang a bell.

And I refuse to even open the S44 spoiler thread till this season is over, lol. I have a hard enough time keeping up with who's who on the current season.

• Love 1

If it's true that production didn't like this season very much, I can see why after just two episodes.

So as already mentioned, there's no real concrete spoilers this season other than what the person who spoiled last season provided us, which is that Karla, Elie, and Jesse make the merge.  That's why I tend to believe them on those 3, but that's all they got.  They are also the ones who say that this season isn't loved by production and that the season is dark in ways, and that someone may quit late game.  If that happens, I wonder if the rule from the aftermath of S21 is in place where if you quit you potentially forfeit your spot on the jury.

From a list that started on Reddit, the rest of the pre-merge boots could be some combo of Nneka, Cody, Noelle, Geo, and Mike.  All of these make sense from what we've seen, and Geo, Karla, and Ryan are the only ones who seem like they've gotten any content at their tribe.  If so, then Vesi will be down to just Dwight and Jesse, and Coco only attends one TC before the merge.  For a 90 minute episode we barely saw anything of their camp tonight, which I thought was interesting. 

The final 3 may either be 2 women and 1 man, or 1 women and 2 men.  Lindsey's being rumored as a possible winner.  She's one of the castaways whose very excited about this season (selling her own T-shirts and had a watch party last week).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Yeah, I was gonna try to not read spoilers this time (I was going to alternate seasons on spoilers) but a) I came across that merge spoiler anyway; and b) Two episodes in and I don't like the cast except for Karla so I'm fine to be spoiled.

I did see that one about Noelle which makes sense, given the current tribe dynamics. Also, them not getting rid of Nneka is clearly the detriment to their tribe, if it's true. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I was gonna try to not read spoilers this time (I was going to alternate seasons on spoilers) but a) I came across that merge spoiler anyway; and b) Two episodes in and I don't like the cast except for Karla so I'm fine to be spoiled.

I did see that one about Noelle which makes sense, given the current tribe dynamics. Also, them not getting rid of Nneka is clearly the detriment to their tribe, if it's true. 

I like spoilers but ditto with regards to not liking most everyone.  I guess we were spoiled the last two seasons.  I blame the lack of Canadians, LOL.  

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I like spoilers but ditto with regards to not liking most everyone.  I guess we were spoiled the last two seasons.  I blame the lack of Canadians, LOL.  

I didn't think of it like that.  Darn that Erika and MaryAnne, had to win back to back and ruin it for all Canadian applications this season as well as the spoiler community as a whole.  And of all seasons I'd kill to have a bootlist that's even half right.

One spoiler that had that combo of pre-merge boots said that Morriah gave a poor performance in the first challenge, which we didn't see (but she was supposedly the weakest on her tribe, so maybe), and that Nneka and Noelle fight a lot.  Which we haven't seen, but maybe that's coming, and even if they don't show it, I can believe it.  Especially if Vesi loses another IC.  If Nneka is really going to be the weak link in challenges, she's getting carried by Jesse and Cody who probably think she's just a number in their alliance who will do whatever they say.  I can see where Noelle would be frustrated.  What I am curious about is if Nneka and Cody are also the remaining pre-merge boots from Vesi, how does that happen?  Cody has an idol, and the numbers.  Do they lose another challenge and boot Noelle, then lose a third in a row and get worried about continuing to lose, so Jesse and Cody decide to keep Dwight for strength, or does Dwight play an idol and blindside Nneka out?  He had it out for Cody more, so maybe Cody actually goes before Nneka?  And he doesn't play his idol even if Dwight plays one, because he assumes he's voting for Nneka.  I don't know, Cody going pre-merge is interesting.  

Gabler also supposedly gets idoled out, which doesn't make sense, unless they mean he goes home with the idol in his pocket.  I can believe that Mike would feel confident going into a TC if he really felt they were targeting one of the girls and then got blindsided (either by one or both of the guys turning on him).  He also seems like the type of player that may talk too much and get Owen and Sami worried.  The other one I'm curious about is Geo going pre-merge, if that's true.  He's gotten probably the most personal content, some of it heartfelt, and he was aligned with Karla.  But we saw last night Karla looks to side with the girls and doesn't have Geo in her plans.  In any case, I can almost believe the pre-merge spoilers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lucas Rowan said:

This one I'm sure is just Ryan and Geo thinking that they have Karla, but Karla really being with Cassidy, James, and Lindsay and being blindsided as such.

I’m surprised because of the bond Karla and Geo were shown to have.  Which, if they don’t go to TC for a while, a lot can happen.  Her alliance may also overrule her if she wanted to get rid of Ryan over Geo, so that’s a possibility.  

• Love 1

Surely there’s going to be a swap after next week, so current alliances may be moot. That being said, it’s still too early for me to care/root for anyone this season but there’s a few I’d like to see gone and if they’re listed as pre merge, I’m good with that. 

I don't know if there's going to be a swap this season (I thought I read there wasn't).

Anyway, this was from Probst last week after episode 1.  It was a preview for episode 2, but I wonder if it's foreshadowing that Vesi voting out Justine is going to be a mistake and they go on a losing streak:

Finally, can you give us a tease for next week?   

You'll begin to see key relationships start to form and another epic immunity challenge that reminds all the tribes who you keep is as important as who you vote out.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-43-premiere-jeff-probst-interview/

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't know if there's going to be a swap this season (I thought I read there wasn't).

Anyway, this was from Probst last week after episode 1.  It was a preview for episode 2, but I wonder if it's foreshadowing that Vesi voting out Justine is going to be a mistake and they go on a losing streak:

Hmm, I’ll be cool with Vesi pagonging. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Hmm, I’ll be cool with Vesi pagonging. 

Yeah, I'm down with that. Vesi is my least favorite tribe right now. Seeing them get decimated would be interesting and good for me to see.

• Love 2

“I’ll Sign the Divorce Papers” – The Beware Advantage returns and castaways must decide if they want to risk losing their vote. Also, the trust in one tribe shifts after a castaway finds out that a few tribemates have been snooping through bags around camp, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

This is next week's episode description.  We know who gets the episode title, but looks like another beware advantage gets found.  We also know that the last part applies to Baka.

(edited)

So these are the press photos from next week.  People at reddit think it's maybe a separate reward and immunity challenge, because the photos at the challenge are from day 8, whereas the photo where Probst is shown is day 9 based on the time stamps.  This is also the episode description for next week:

https://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/photos/

"Show No Mercy"

One tribe makes a strategic decision in this week’s immunity challenge that sends another tribe to tribal council. Also, one castaway’s paranoia and overconfidence risks leading them to their downfall, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount

I wonder if the paranoia and overconfidence person is Mike?  I could see him making Owen and maybe even Sami nervous about the whole idol thing and believing Elie/Jeanine are on the outs.

We saw in the previews for next week Ryan and Lindsay talking at their respect camps; Ryan saying it was war, Lindsay saying something about revenge.  So maybe one of them?  I'm also interested in the first part of this description.  Does the winning tribe come up with a clever way to win the challenge, or does the winning tribe get to pick to send to TC?    

Edited by LadyChatts

I was coming in here to see if Elie was still the spoiled winner.  Mainly because, as I said in the most recent episode thread, while I don't dislike her, she is the one that irks me the most.  For me, it would be like that season that Tyson won.  Someone I am not fond of winning is not something to look forward to.  But now I see the spoilers might be more murky, so maybe she is not the winner?

I think what we just learned this episode is that we can't trust the sources this season. I don't think any of them have an actual clue because production locked the information tight. There was a source that claimed Lindsay wins and, well, we know that isn't happening.

I also just don't see Elie winning. Even if she's getting the most material out of the women, her reads are bad. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

I also just don't see Elie winning. Even if she's getting the most material out of the women, her reads are bad. 

Elie’s reads are awesomely bad, primarily because Ellie appears to have a strong tendency towards making game decisions based on wish-fulfillment rather than objective reality.  How else do you explain Elie concocting the notion Gabler was clueless about how his own HII worked, based on nothing more than her own confusion over its wording? 😆

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I’m actually glad the boot list I posted was wrong, because I was afraid if Geo left, that might mean Coco didn’t attend another pre-merge TC.  And I like Noelle so I would have been bummed if she left pre-merge.  Could still happen I guess but at least I can hold onto the hope until it does.  With the preview for next week I feel like Baka might be going to TC, and something happens where maybe Owen or Jeanine lose their vote (Owen might find the beware advantage-he found something- and Jeanine is at shipwheel island so maybe she risked her vote and lost).  

I went back and looked at the other spoilers and so many of them had Lindsay as either a winner or making it far, and being a a huge player this season.  They must have piggybacked off each other.  I’m honestly at a loss who might win at this point.  I don’t know if the cast was really this bad or if production is screwing with us by the way they are editing.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

I’m actually glad the boot list I posted was wrong

I went back and looked at the other spoilers and so many of them had Lindsay as either a winner or making it far, and being a a huge player this season.  They must have piggybacked off each other.  I’m honestly at a loss who might win at this point.  I don’t know if the cast was really this bad or if production is screwing with us by the way they are editing.  

After 20+ years I’d truly be kinda surprised if some (many?) of these “spoilers” didn’t originate with Production, as part of a disinformation campaign designed to discredit spoilers in general.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

And Elie didn't make the merge, as the spoiler source said (she was close, though).  I am wondering if some of the other rumors are true about this being a dark season or the producers not liking it or true.  I might buy production not being happy with the season if someone under the radar wins because of a bitter jury.  There were also rumors someone might have quit late game, although nothing to back that up (I think that all got started with the rumor of the season being dark or ugly).  

This season started off rough but I've actually been enjoying it the last few episodes.  Now, if Noelle and Karla are the next to go and we wind up with a final 3 of Sami, Gabler, and Cody, I'll probably pretend this season never happened.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Now, if Noelle and Karla are the next to go and we wind up with a final 3 of Sami, Gabler, and Cody, I'll probably pretend this season never happened.

If you hadn't said this, I would've—put the absolute worst-case scenario out there in hopes of jinxing it. Reverse psychology on the universe, LOL.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

so I always thought the contestants that did not make the merge stayed and got an extended vacation? has that changed, and when did that change? that stinks!!

I think when COVID happened.  

I actually wish this season had valid spoilers, so at least I'd know what nightmare winner is at the end of it.  From an editing perspective, I don't really know who has a chance.  I'd rule out Ryan, James, Noelle, Gabler, Jesse, and maybe Owen.  I don't think we've seen the full potential of Karla yet, so she either fizzles out or actually makes a big move.  Maybe at the FTC she tells everyone that she managed to hide the fact that she had an idol all season long, and everyone always confided in her without realizing where her true loyalties lay. 

I kind of feel like Sami's comments tonight mean he might lose (saying he wants to make decisions, be in control, and wants to go to the end and win and be respected).  Cody's probably my biggest wild card.  I also don't know about Cassidy, she had some good content tonight but her edit has been quiet.  She has been alluding to playing like a purple fox on her on her SM accounts.  Also worth noting that Sami has little to no presence on SM that I can tell.  Seems weird for a 19 year old but I wonder if he did terribly this season and doesn't want to celebrate it or relive it.

I'm still wondering if this so called 'dark' moment happens.  If it is true that TPTB didn't like this season, I'm back to believing it.  This is like a more obnoxious S41.   

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Yeah, of all the rumors that have been floated, I'm back to potentially believing production hated this season, what with the women being steadily Pagonged and the men mostly being unlikable. It's starting to feel like an uphill battle to a tolerable winner.

• Love 3

I actually wish this season had valid spoilers, so at least I'd know what nightmare winner is at the end of it.  From an editing perspective, I don't really know who has a chance.  I'd rule out Ryan, James, Noelle, Gabler, Jesse, and maybe Owen.  I don't think we've seen the full potential of Karla yet, so she either fizzles out or actually makes a big move.  Maybe at the FTC she tells everyone that she managed to hide the fact that she had an idol all season long, and everyone always confided in her without realizing where her true loyalties lay. 

I kind of feel like Sami's comments tonight mean he might lose (saying he wants to make decisions, be in control, and wants to go to the end and win and be respected).  Cody's probably my biggest wild card.  I also don't know about Cassidy, she had some good content tonight but her edit has been quiet.  She has been alluding to playing like a purple fox on her on her SM accounts.  Also worth noting that Sami has little to no presence on SM that I can tell.  Seems weird for a 19 year old but I wonder if he did terribly this season and doesn't want to celebrate it or relive it.

I'm still wondering if this so called 'dark' moment happens.  If it is true that TPTB didn't like this season, I'm back to believing it.  This is like a more obnoxious S41.   

I don't follow anyone's social media, but is anybody besides Cassidy, showing activity? 

I can definitely see this season being viewed as not one of the greatest. I wonder if that "quit" actually happens and who is it and what causes it?

30 minutes ago, TVFan1 said:

I don't follow anyone's social media, but is anybody besides Cassidy, showing activity? 

I can definitely see this season being viewed as not one of the greatest. I wonder if that "quit" actually happens and who is it and what causes it?

With the exception of Sami, pretty much everyone this season has had some sort of SM activity.  Even Lindsay was having watch parties, hyping up the season, and selling merch (which probably helped fuel the rumors she did well).  Karla, Cassidy, Cody, and Jesse especially seem hyped.  

I don't know if the quit rumor is true or not or who it might be.  Maybe it's Sami?  That might explain why he's talking a big game and then fizzles out.  It's hard to believe someone would actually quit at this stage of the game.  There were rumors that some ugly event caused the person to bow out, but I really don't think that part is true.  And Redmond also alluded to TPTB not liking this season as much as S44.  With some things said in exit interviews by both Jeff and ousted castaways, I think the 7 person alliance picks off all or some of Noelle, Gabler, and Owen, and then Coco picks off the rest because they have a majority.  I can see where TPTB might be bored by that outcome.  Ryan and James both scream final 3 goats who bumble their way through the FTC.  Neither of them have a strong social game and I don't think are the most endearing to be around.  Ryan just thinks he'll fish, come to a decision about a vote, and the game is that easy.  Owen tonight said he felt James was being patronizing towards him and I don't get the impression people care for his personality around camp.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

... I think the 7 person alliance picks off all or some of Noelle, Gabler, and Owen, and then Coco picks off the rest because they have a majority.  

Yea, that seems pretty likely at this point. And then Karla, who imo has the best edit, wins. Outside chance of Cassidy winning perhaps, which I would actually enjoy.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, that seems pretty likely at this point. And then Karla, who imo has the best edit, wins. Outside chance of Cassidy winning perhaps, which I would actually enjoy.

Karla's edit intrigues me.  I get the sense she is playing the game, but I'm curious what kind of game.  It seems like she might be in the Sami spot where she's playing both sides but only has loyalties to a certain few.  But people seem to trust her and confide in her, even if its not in their best interest.  In the preview next week, we see Noelle telling her she's going to use her steal a vote.  Without knowing when she tells her that or in what situation they are in, it does make me worry for Noelle that Karla will use that against her.  Anyway, back to her edit, I can't tell if the show is holding something back about her game play because they want to do a surprise reveal in the end where she's made all these moves and been a confidant for everyone and then goes on to win because of how sneaky she was-or if someone else wins and that means nothing.  And maybe I'm completely off base and she isn't playing the kind of game I think she is.  I do wonder if her and Cassidy screw themselves by sticking with James and Ryan.  What if all this talk about Ryan being a threat and still being there in the end alludes to him winning the final IC and sending Karla and Cassidy to fire while taking James to the final 3?  Or maybe the two guys align with the other guys in their alliance and pick off Karla and Cassidy. 

I am hoping next week for one of the 7 to go.  With two immunities and two boots, it looks like they will be divided into two tribes for the challenge like the last two seasons.  My hope is that the 7 wind up on a tribe together in some form and have to vote one of their own out.  I don't know if I want it to be a Coco member or Cody/Jesse/Sami.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2