Type keyword(s) to search

S19: Speculation!

• Start Topic

Since Derek is going to be on Nashville this fall, I'm guessing there's a very good chance he's going to be paired up with a country singer. The rumors about about Shania Twain are sounding a lot more likely now. This is probably why he's back on DWTS - he helps cross promote the two shows in return for a nice acting gig.

Since Derek is going to be on Nashville this fall, I'm guessing there's a very good chance he's going to be paired up with a country singer. The rumors about about Shania Twain are sounding a lot more likely now. This is probably why he's back on DWTS - he helps cross promote the two shows in return for a nice acting gig.

Oh my god. Ew.

Edited by tearbender

Sara Evans mentioned she wanted a second chance after she had to drop out before. I imagine Tony's head would explode if she came back and was partnered with Derek - unless he lucked out and got a ringer himself somehow.

Have there been any rumors about stars?  I haven't been following the rumor sites closely but it seems to me that aren't any names that I've heard of being discussed. I've heard some athletes mentioned, but I don't care about them.  Also some reality stars, but I care even less about them.  Any TV or movie actors? Any former pop stars? Anybody worth tuning in for?

I've been seeing Meagan Tandy's name popping up all over twitter.  From IMDB I see she's on Teen Wolf and it looks like it's an active series. I'm not familiar with this show so I'm wondering if there would be a conflict between filming the show + doing DWTS.

I keep seeing Dog The Bounty Hunter's son Leland in the rumor mill.  He's cute, athletic, humble personality (yeah, I admit, I watch the show LOL!). I wouldn't mind seeing him take a turn on the dance floor. I think he'd be pretty good.

Edited by Uke
I've been seeing Meagan Tandy's name popping up all over twitter.  From IMDB I see she's on Teen Wolf and it looks like it's an active series. I'm not familiar with this show so I'm wondering if there would be a conflict between filming the show + doing DWTS.

Several actors have done DWTS while filming their shows, some even while filming in NYC (Susan Lucci and Cameron Mathison spring to mind). It's definitely not something I would have the energy to do, but it has been done before. :)

Meagan Tandy just addressed it saying she's not doing DWTS. So, there's there.

Thank God. I like her character on the show, but I've been on Tandy's twitter and yikes. If her constant comments about haters are any indication, she is WAY too thin-skinned for a show like DWTS. 

I'm really excited about Janel Parrish. I'm a big PLL fan.

TMZ is reporting on Lolo Jones and Casey K...(not gonna attempt her last name) from American ninja Warrior. I could get behind mighty Casey, as she's known. I like her.

and apparently there's a 13th pro? I've seen rumors of Sharna, and also of Sasha if Casey is on. she's super tiny.

Edited by pumpkinspice

Hmm, Janel Parrish? I stopped watching PLL back in the fourth season but I'm down with seeing more cast members as long as they're more relevant than Noel Kahn. 

Considering how many ABC Family shows I watch, it'd be great if the channel were to provide a new pool of DWTS celebs. 

I imagine Tony's head would explode if she came back and was partnered with Derek - unless he lucked out and got a ringer himself somehow.

Why would Tony care if that ever happen, I'd think he'd be thrilled - Sara Evans sucked as a dancer. And on top of that she was the worst kind of celebrity, the ones who suck but actually delusionally believe they don't and so get pissy at the scores when most times the judges were being generous. And what was worse, was that she had a motivated fanbase that would have dragged her all the way to the end if she hadn't dropped out. No, please, she can stay gone...imo.

As for speculations, US Weekly has released an article with what looks to be the most reliable speculation and they mention Janel Parrish as mentioned above, from Pretty Little Liars, Lolo Jones and Antonio Sabato Jr.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/dwts-season-19-cast-janel-parrish-lolo-jones-among-contestants-2014278

I did read TMZ's article which speculates Andi (The Bachelorette) being on as well - ugh, just ugh. Although if she is on, it'll be the only thing that would make me wish Maks had come back and they paired her up with him. With her pissy, "no one can ever say anything to me" attitude and Maks being well, Maks, that would have just been fun times between them.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

So far not jumping for joy at the rumoured contestants.  With Julienne at the judge's table, my interest was already waning.  Unless they get me some decent celebs, some interesting ones, this may be one season that I'll find it easy to sit out.

• Love 4

So far not jumping for joy at the rumoured contestants.  With Julienne at the judge's table, my interest was already waning.  Unless they get me some decent celebs, some interesting ones, this may be one season that I'll find it easy to sit out.

Would it help to know that Sharna was just announced as part of the pro line-up after all?

• Love 2

legaleagle53,  now that news was exciting.  I think Sharna is a sweetheart, a great dancer and has done some interesting choreography on the show. So yes, it does help.  I couldn't believe they were going to sideline her.

So that's one for the plus side.  Keep em coming show...

I read a rumor via Kristyn Burtt from After buzz that Janell Parrish (sp?) who was most recently on Pretty Little Liars might be on.

Adrenalized Hyperreality Mona?! That'd be fun! She can use her super strength and ability to be in 15 places at once to go far on the show. 

(She's also super tiny - so a potential Mark pairing?)

Lolo Jones ignorant comments on Twitter and her general attitude make me hope she's paired with a pro I dont care for. On the other hand the constant references to her tripping should make for a decent drinking game.

Yay for Janell if the rumor is true.

• Love 1

Why would Tony care if that ever happen, I'd think he'd be thrilled - Sara Evans sucked as a dancer. And on top of that she was the worst kind of celebrity, the ones who suck but actually delusionally believe they don't and so get pissy at the scores when most times the judges were being generous. And what was worse, was that she had a motivated fanbase that would have dragged her all the way to the end if she hadn't dropped out. No, please, she can stay gone...imo.

She really was awful, wasn't she? I hope she doesn't come back - I did not care for her at all and not just her dancing ability.

Lolo Jones would be a reason NOT to watch, IMO.  Grating personality who seems to do anything for fame.  I haven't seen a name mentioned yet that makes me think I can't miss this season despite Sharna being added. 

• Love 1

DWTS Gossip just tweeted that Witney and Jonathan Bennett are following each other, and that he's also following some other pros. he also has a tweet posted about taking great adventures, and apparently he's close friends with Danika McKellar.

I had to google him--Aaron Samuels from Mean Girls. I'm not sure of anything else he's done.

I really hope the Sadie Robertson rumor mentioned above doesn't come to fruition.  She's only 17, and that's almost always an issue on the show when the contestant is a female. Imagine all the manufactured drama of, "What will she wear?!?" and, " Who will be 'safe' enough to be her partner without it seeming inappropriate?!?"   Add to that the fact that they will obviously want to play up the conservative angle as her storyline (think Candace's wardrobe meetings on steroids and with the whole Robertson clan chiming in with their "wholesome hillbilly" schtick), and it just seems like a horrible idea to me. 

I'm not excited about any of the other rumors either.  The only 2 I've even heard of are Antonio and Lolo.  But there are always surprises, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I'm happy Sharna is going to be on at least. 

I really hope the Sadie Robertson rumor mentioned above doesn't come to fruition.  She's only 17, and that's almost always an issue on the show when the contestant is a female. Imagine all the manufactured drama of, "What will she wear?!?" and, " Who will be 'safe' enough to be her partner without it seeming inappropriate?!?"

That didn't really happen with either Zendaya or Shawn during her first season, who were both only 17 at the time. Yes there were a few cracks about their ages because this show just can't help themselves but for the most part, I don't think it was really that much of a focal point during their time on the show. And both Val and Mark did amazing jobs with each girl.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I really hope the Sadie Robertson rumor mentioned above doesn't come to fruition. She's only 17, and that's almost always an issue on the show when the contestant is a female. Imagine all the manufactured drama of, "What will she wear?!?" and, " Who will be 'safe' enough to be her partner without it seeming inappropriate?!?" Add to that the fact that they will obviously want to play up the conservative angle as her storyline (think Candace's wardrobe meetings on steroids and with the whole Robertson clan chiming in with their "wholesome hillbilly" schtick), and it just seems like a horrible idea to me.

I'm not excited about any of the other rumors either. The only 2 I've even heard of are Antonio and Lolo. But there are always surprises, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm happy Sharna is going to be on at least.

I agree with you regarding Sadie. I'm a conservative, but I very strongly dislike the Duck Dynasty folks and their special brand of stupid. I worry that her fanbase could be similar to Bristol. and if she gets Derek (which I could see happening) that makes it that much worse. add in his fanbase and she could make the finals even if she falls every single week.

• Love 1

Sadie's family confirmed it. Wonder who she will be paired with. Mark? Is he the go to pro for conservative celeb partners?

Jonathan Benett also used to be on All My Children during my college days so I'll be happy if he's on. As long as he doesn't turn out to be a douche.

Jonathan Benett also used to be on All My Children during my college days so I'll be happy if he's on. As long as he doesn't turn out to be a douche.

Yeah, that's always the kicker.  The thrill of seeing someone you've loved for years on the show and then finding out that they are an asshole or entitled or mean or whatever.  

Sadie's family confirmed it. Wonder who she will be paired with. Mark? Is he the go to pro for conservative celeb partners?

So we can look forward to a season full of make-believe hillbillies in the audience, hooting and hollering and hawking their merchandise? Oh joy.  Mark's not a favorite of mine, but no way does he deserve that after serving his time with Bristol Palin - TWICE!

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!  Duck Dynasty?  Are you f$king kidding me?

Where are the stars that the name of the show promises.  You know Dancing With The STARS.  Not Dancing With The Barely Famous or Dancing With The Talentless Hacks That Inhabit Reality TV.

I understand that it may be difficult to grab current stars seeing as their working on a current and viable career and all.  But give me a break with the reality TV idiots, daughters of controversial politicians or the questionable choices of politicians wanting a last hurrah before they head out to the big house.  It doesn't pique my interest.  It doesn't want to make me tune in.  It doesn't amuse or entertain me.  And, after all, it is all about me.  At least in my world it is.

I've always hated this penchant towards reality show people.  I refuse to call them stars as I am at a loss to see just what talent they possess that makes them stars.  They've gained a certain notoriety and celebrity because they are willing to debase themselves with either shenanigans of their own making or scripted nonsense meant to capture the interest of those fascinated with the salacious or the absurd and the nonsensical.   For this viewers time and money, it's not entertainment.  

Really, really leaning towards giving this season a pass.  More and more and more...

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 9

TMZ is saying Lea Thompson (the first person I've actually heard of so far, from Back to the Future) is signed on.

Along with Bethany Mota. She's famous for having 7 million YouTube subscribers apparently.

Also, Betsey Johnson, whom I've never heard of. She's a fashion designer.

I feel like last season's cast was an embarrassment of riches.

What I don't get is why they don't bring on more old-time TV and movie stars. Never in a million years would I believe that someone from a 70s or 80s sitcom wouldn't want to have 10 weeks in the spotlight and a nice paycheck.  Or some one-hit wonder pop/rock star wouldn't like a chance to reignite their career.  Or how about a cute soap star?  I don't get why they think we would rather see a bunch of reality show people.  I don't watch those shows and their names mean nothing to me. Plus I agree that it stretches credibility to call these people "stars".

ETA:

Also, Betsey Johnson, whom I've never heard of. She's a fashion designer.

Betsey Johnson is crazy and would probably be very entertaining but I think she's 70 years old.  So no for me.

I hate Lea Thompson, but at least she's truly a star. 

Edited by sunnyheart
  • Love 2

Betsey Johnson is crazy and would probably be very entertaining but I think she's 70 years old.  So no for me.

I looked her up, she's 72. At first glance I thought she was Suzanne Somers. Oops.

• Love 2
TMZ is saying Lea Thompson (the first person I've actually heard of so far, from Back to the Future) is signed on.

Huh. Someone else on a current ABC Family show (Switched at Birth). 

Edited by galax-arena

According to her IMDb page, Lea Thompson used to dance with American Ballet Theatre and performed in over 45 ballets. Would that make her ringiest ringer the show has ever had? Especially now that they've made contemporary a regular thing?

I am not looking forward to anyone from Duck Dynasty or any YouTube "star". Betsey Johnson could be fun though. 

According to her IMDb page, Lea Thompson used to dance with American Ballet Theatre and performed in over 45 ballets. Would that make her ringiest ringer the show has ever had? Especially now that they've made contemporary a regular thing?

I would wait to see how she dances before I applied a ringer label to her.  She's an old gal now and who knows if she's kept up her training.  I know Jane Seymour was a ballet dancer way back when and she was just ok on the show.  But I do think it's funny how back in the first few seasons, it was forbidden to have any professional dance training and be cast on the show.  I remember Marilu Henner talking about it because she wanted to to do the show but had too much dance background.  Now, every other person has dance training. 

That probably doesn't even make her the most experienced dancer this show's ever had, never mind ringer.  Per the link, she retired from ballet shortly after going to ABT, well more than 30 years ago. 

She is a legitimate star though, I'll give the show that much. 

Lolo Jones is the worst. She makes me want Hope Solo back instead. Such a brat on twitter, and very self-righteous about her whole "still a virgin" situation. 

Lea Thompson may have been a guest judge on SYTYCD at some point because I vividly remember learning about her ballet days. Antonio Sabato, Jr is the kind of "star" that people assume was on a previous season already. Boring. 

Betsey Johnson is cool though. 

Don't be so certain...they might give Lea to Derek. And if they do, two words - Jennifer Grey.

I hope they don't give Antonio to Cheryl (though now that I've seen that link above, I'll be absolutely shocked if the show resists) because in more recent seasons, I feel like when Cheryl has gotten the hunk and he has some bit of talent, she's relied way too much on the sexy. It worked somewhat with Gilles, though she screwed up big time with the freestyle but I was really disappointed in what she did with William. I think William could have done a lot more than he did on the show but it was like 90 percent of his dances were basically him and Cheryl gyrating and her ripping off his shirt. I think she does a lot better with someone a bit more unconventional who turns out to be a revelation like Jack Osbourne and Rob Kardashian.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I think I'll be more annoyed if Antonio goes to Peta. I agree about Cheryl, but Peta is much worse in that aspect, IMO.

Well yes I cannot argue with that. It'd be cool if they gave him to Sharna, to see what she could do with him. Of course this all assuming dude can even dance.

What are the chances that TPTB will pair Cheryl with Antonio?

Cheryl and Antonio in 2008.

http://m.celebrityphoto.com/detail/photos.eventsVF.072208%20Celebsighting/0

This is the cast so far.

Female

1-Sadie Robertson,

2-Janel Parrish,

3-Lolo Jones,

4-Betsey Johnson,

5-Bethany Mota,

6-Lea Thompson,

Male

1-Antonio Sabato Jr.,

2-Jonathan Bennett

3-Tommy Chong

source

A male celeb will win this year.

It will be Tommy Chong.

Emma flew to Atlanta and a picture was posted of her in a car with her partner (face hidden of course). The only rumored name I know is from Atlanta is Josh Murray from the Bachelorette. Hoping it's someone else, though - an athlete maybe?

Why the Lolo hate? I'm not on twitter, so haven't seen that, which a few people have mentioned. Overall I've always liked what I've seen of her. She works hard and has qualified for the Olympics in two sports. Yes she gets a lot of media attention but I think it is to her credit as an interesting person, well-spoken, and of course it doesn't hurt that she is very attractive. She has always seemed gracious when I've seen her and I haven't heard her bad-mouth her team, ever.

• Love 1