Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Helen Maghi

mxc90
  • Start Topic

Fri, Apr 15, 2022

Red chases a lead that could shed light on both Liz's death and Cooper's blackmailing. The Task Force experiences a major shakeup when one of their own is taken into custody.

(edited)

I'd prefer to have seen Cooper in an orange jump suit!

Amazing how Cooper had to be the one to confess to Innocent Agnes about his lying while "Cheating" Charlene gets a pass for lying to the detective to protect Cooper and sleeps comfortably!!! He should have told Agnes about the many people Liz killed or put in harm's way just to make him look good.

Was Dembe, Park and Ressler too busy being asleep at their homes to attend Cooper's arraignment? Aram and Panabaker probably thought "if they didn't show up, why the hell did we come here?"

Aram is next to run the Post Office??!! How pathetic is the FBI??!!! Ressler appointed himself boss last week and Panabaker selected the lesser of the two dopes to run the place this week. Goes to show how well respected Ressler is to her.

Rubbing an egg on your forehead helps a person to remember? I may try this next time when I'm trying to remember why I watch this show!

How many reservations has Helen made that week at the restaurant? Couldn't find any other place to hide and eat? Walter must be pissed his only customer is never coming back!

It's been two years and the "great" security team at Mount Bastion didn't get the memo: Dembe is now an FBI agent? They still think he's Red's right hand man? Shouldn't Weecha be upset Red didn't put her on the list after he left? 

Aram showed balls and went behind Red (Opps! no pun intended) to arrest Helen. Something Cooper would never ever do to his boss!! 

Lew agreed to testify against Cooper and didn't bother run into witness protection? I know he tried to help Harold all season for him being framed for murder but now agreeing to testify will probably anger Cooper and assure Lew as a candidate to be Cooper's first homicide victim. I wouldn't take those chances going home to chill Lew!

After the embarrassment last week at the Post Office with the two being killed, why are they still allowed to bring arrested people there... just to be duped by fake agents? Hasn't Panabaker seen enough to close this place and fire some people??!! 

The lady agent who was right about Helen should have been given Cooper's job.  

They broke in for CDs given to Liz?? So is Liz the one responsible for her death? Or did Liz run a master class for criminals and used Red's CD for teaching aids? Or handed them out as Christmas presents?

Last season when Red said Liz stole all his money, did he forget he had that stash in Mount Bastion?

Last episode, Panabaker admitted that the knowledge of Red's relationship with the FBI has reached higher up officials and the president, now after all these seasons: she doesn't want to be part of a cover up and must think she was a saint entire time!

Did Mehmet really need a beating to talk? Was Teddy and the goats busy that day?

The only items in Cooper's important box were: wine glasses, brandy and an extra tie.

Has Red gone soft? In the past, Aram and Helen would have gone missing forever for their betrayal to him!

Agnes never had Cooper's pancakes?? What have they been feeding this child all this time? She didn't look pleased or impressed with the presentation and amount of butter from Mr. Butterworthless.

At the end Cooper tells Red to turn off the lights and lock the door behind him but Cooper leaves the room and turns off the light himself, leaving Red sitting at the table in the dark!!

How can Cooper be so stupid?!! Earlier Charlene showed her contempt for Red to Cooper and at the end of the episode this asshole leaves Red alone in their house, in the dark at the kitchen table to do whatever he wants (take food, steal silverware, watch tv, etc) while he goes upstairs to sleep. I'm sure Charlene was pissed about this! Probably wished Cooper was back in jail!

Also, good job Cooper being a role model to Agnes by leaving your dirty glass of brandy on the kitchen counter and not in the sink or dishwasher.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Hasn't Panabaker seen enough to close this place and fire some people??!! 

If Panabaker is a senator, why is she still involved with the FBI?

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

They broke in for CDs given to Liz?? So is Liz the one responsible for her death? Or did Liz run a master class for criminals a used Red's CD for teaching aids? Or handed them out as Christmas presents?

They were advance bootleg copies of Windows 15.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Lew agreed to testify against Cooper and didn't bother run into witness protection? I know he tried to help Harold all season for him being framed for murder but now agreeing to testify will probably anger Cooper and assure Lew as a candidate to be Cooper's first homicide victim. I wouldn't take those chances Lew!

How can Cooper be so stupid?!! Earlier Charlene showed her contempt for Red to Cooper and at the end of the episode this asshole leaves Red alone in their house, in the dark at the kitchen table to do whatever he wants (take food, steal silverware, watch tv, etc) while he goes upstairs to sleep. I'm sure Charlene was pissed about this! Probably wished Cooper was back in jail!

Unless I don't pay as close attention to the show as I should, I thought Lew has been the one setting up Cooper.

At this point, I'm not sure Charlene is entirely trustworthy.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

It's been two years and the "great" security team at Mount Bastion didn't get the memo: Dembe is now an FBI agent? They still think he's Red's right hand man? Shouldn't Weecha be upset Red didn't put her on the list after he left? 

Do people who knew Dembe as a criminal know he is now FBI? If they do, shouldn't they question how someone who broke the law so much could become an agent? And going down that path reveals Red has been working with them. 

1 hour ago, preeya said:

They were advance bootleg copies of Windows 15.

Aram plugs one in.  "Oh my God, it's a mixtape.  Avril Lavigne, New Kids on the Block, Kelly Clarkson... What demons made this?"

Unless I'm mistaken, bail money is simply a guarantee of appearance.  It's not forfeited unless the defendant doesn't show up, so Red would get his 300K back at the sentencing hearing.  There's no need for Cooper to 'pay it back.'

Why would Red go to Panabaker to get the authorization for crookedness?  If it's an FBI document, the PO would have access to the template, and the Senate Judiciary Committee wouldn't even know about it.

Did Spader grow his hair out or something?  I seem to remember him the last few episodes as almost bald.  Can't find anything on Demand to review a previous episode.  No big deal.

And most of all, what the hell does Red care is the stolen goods are RPGs headed for Berzerkistan  or wherever?  He's done the same, with the same amount of subterfuge.  Suddenly he's incensed.  I did like Maghi's question; "If someone slaughtered your child, what would you do?"  Checkmate, Red.

And in the tradition of great caper movies, they have to use some convoluted method to give them enough time to find the vault in question, etc., etc.  Will they make it?   Tick tick tick.  I'd kind of like to know how they communicated through 30 stories of solid granite.  But it did bring up yet a new mystery.  Who did remove the CDs from the safe in Tivat?  Unless Liz was keeping the biggest secret of all from Red.

• LOL 3

Bail is also usually a 10% bond, which means the Coopers should have needed only $30K. I cannot imagine they couldn't get that amount.

Also Cooper made a deal to plead guilty. They don't need Lew's testimony and that shouldn't change the plea bargain.

Edited by edhopper
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, edhopper said:

Bail is also usually a 10% bond, which means the Coopers should have needed only $30K. I cannot imagine they couldn't get that amount.

Also Cooper made a deal to plead guilty. They don't need Lew's testimony and that shouldn't change the plea bargain.

Agree on both points.  Bail is usually partial and the only sense having Lew's testimony made was that Cooper gets more time in jail.

As for the CDs, who was supposed to have had them in the first place?  Liz?  Red?  Marvin?

13 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Unless I don't pay as close attention to the show as I should, I thought Lew has been the one setting up Cooper.

I suspected Lew at first but the longer this went on, that didn't make sense to me.

As for Mount Bastion and their security and what they know or don't know, eh.  Dembe just seems to be able to move back and forth unless Red calls him out about it but when he needs him, know one else needs to know he's now FBI.

Panabaker being surprised Red taped her being at the torture session was funny.  I mean, really?

I wasn't sure either why only Aram and Panabaker were at the hearing unless that's how Cooper wanted it.  As for Aram being put in charge, I guess it was the lesser of evils.  Who knows when Ressler is going to pop another pill and Park and Dembe definitely would be lower on the list.  I did like him standing up to Red even if it went sideways.  How many times is the FBI going to let fake FBI agents abscond with prisoners?

At this point, this dumb mystery won't be wrapped up until the end of the season which is not going to be good.  A lot of folks weren't sure about this season from the start but the fact that they keep dragging this mess out is not cool.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

At this point, this dumb mystery won't be wrapped up until the end of the season which is not going to be good. 

My, aren't you optimistic! I'm expecting this to go into next season at the very least. 

The premise of this show for the past 9 years has been one unsolved mystery after another. The mystery of how Liz and Red are related was never officially solved (although we all have our pet theories. I'm with the camp that believes Red is actually a remodeled Katerina); it was just dropped as being unimportant after Liz died. The mystery of who ordered the hit on Liz may not be solved before this show is finally cancelled.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, NeenerNeener said:

The mystery of who ordered the hit on Liz may not be solved before this show is finally cancelled.

I skipped a few episodes... why was Townsend NOT responsible? The tracker? That the plan actually succeeded? Even though Van Dyke worked for him...

2 minutes ago, paigow said:

I skipped a few episodes... why was Townsend NOT responsible? The tracker? That the plan actually succeeded? Even though Van Dyke worked for him...

It's been so long now I don't remember what rationale Red used to eliminate Townsend. Just blah blah blah yada yada yada...wasn't Townsend.

• LOL 3
11 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

My, aren't you optimistic! I'm expecting this to go into next season at the very least. 

Why do you have to burst my bubble, lol.  I'm fine with other mysteries dragging out/not being resolved but for all that's good, they need to wrap this up.  Otherwise,  they should have found some way to convince Boone to stay or do the standard soap opera trope of bringing in another actress to takeover the role (goodness knows she couldn't have been worse than Boone).

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

How many times is the FBI going to let fake FBI agents abscond with prisoners?

As many times as they get a "runner" when attempting to apprehend a perp.

23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Aram is next to run the Post Office??!! How pathetic is the FBI??!!! Ressler appointed himself boss last week and Panabaker selected the lesser of the two dopes to run the place this week. Goes to show how well respected Ressler is to her.

She explained to Aram that Harold himself chose Aram to take over - it wasn't her decision.

3 hours ago, Biggie B said:

She explained to Aram that Harold himself chose Aram to take over - it wasn't her decision.

In reality a position like this would be filled by appointment from either the head of the FBI or someone else at the FBI who is close to the head of the FBI. A guy who is going to prison on more than one charge would not be given the task of recommending someone for the position. Do the writers of this show even consult with anyone connected to the FBI? Aparently not...they just make bullshit up and throw it out there because they are too lazy to do some research on any particular topic that they are writing an arc on. This show is so lame.

• Love 4
On 4/17/2022 at 12:07 AM, Hedgehog2022 said:

.they just make bullshit up and throw it out there because they are too lazy to do some research on any particular topic that they are writing an arc on.

And so they get YET ANOTHER SEASON! 

• Love 1

I mentioned this in the previous episode's section that I thought the mole is Cynthia Panabaker.  The show has been showing her a lot lately.  Her and Red did have that conversation about sometimes you have to go to the dark side in order to do good.   We all were probably thinking she was talking about finding her granddaughter, but it could be about killing Liz.  If Panabaker is the mole, I hope we know the reasons.             

7 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

If Panabaker is the mole, I hope we know the reasons.             

Red must have been blackmailing her before the ridiculous kidnapping episode...

8 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I mentioned this in the previous episode's section that I thought the mole is Cynthia Panabaker.  The show has been showing her a lot lately.  Her and Red did have that conversation about sometimes you have to go to the dark side in order to do good.   We all were probably thinking she was talking about finding her granddaughter, but it could be about killing Liz.  If Panabaker is the mole, I hope we know the reasons.             

I'm also wondering about the dirt on Panabaker. I feel as if it's more than what we've been shown.