Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

A very sedate episode , more Hornsby sliminess, I wonder who’ll have the pleasure of killing the rat. No Negan this week but I’m sure he’ll make up for it in next weeks action packed episode. Daryl’s ex is after the beautiful one, good luck with that obviously.

For those interested Mercer’s in the gym all ripped and sweaty lifting weights 🙄, the seeds are still being sewn for the coming revolt.

Daryl’s quick change act with the Stormtrooper uniform is becoming silly but basically it’s roll on next week.

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 3

This may be my favorite episode of the 2/3 eps. I love character work, and the two-person scenes made me happy. Mercer and Princess: the actors work so well together, and the writers are doing right by them so far. I'm not a shipper by nature, but I'm already pretty invested in those two.

Ezekiel got his glow back. He was glowing! It's great to have that part of his character back. I like that he and Carol can be easy with each other again. "You know we're not getting back together, right?" Ha! Loved the vet clinic and those two suri llamas in the menagerie. (I used to raise suri alpacas when I lived in Canada.)  The human surgical arena though? Uh no.

I don't care about Leah. I don't care about the guns. They're necessary, I guess, to add more cliff to the inevitable mid-season finale cliff hanger.

Hornsby may not be the scariest Big Bad, but he certainly is the oiliest. It's at times disorienting to me that in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, CBD is fighting corruption at city hall. Walkers are paraded out when needed as a reminder that they haven't actually gone extinct.

I really do like world building, and I am interested to learn more about the Commonwealth and other larger communities that have survived. It's just that the opening credits don't seem to describe this show anymore, or probably more accuratey: the show has moved beyond those images.

Edited by maystone
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, maystone said:

Mercer and Princess: the actors work so well together

Agree; I'm much more invested in them than Eugene and the various Stephanies.

I liked the beginning with Aaron and Gabriel "yeah, that's our story" *nodding* LOL!  Then taking out the zombies (with Daryl) sans ammunition, no problem!    Aaron and Gabe together work for me.

We know Maggie didn't take the weapons but the Lance starting the car scene was still tense.

So the Adventures of Lance Hornsby on the Range are all to find Leah?  How does he know about her?  Or maybe just the weapons.  He's certainly creepy. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, maystone said:

I love character work, and the two-person scenes made me happy. Mercer and Princess: the actors work so well together, and the writers are doing right by them so far. I'm not a shipper by nature, but I'm already pretty invested in those two.

Not that long ago I would have felt the same, how often did I want to see character and relationship development but alas. As is obvious by my in depth analysis of the episode, It’s too late for all that now, I just want it to go out with the biggest bang possible, violence, tragedy blood and gore, just give it everything they’ve skimped on over the years. 
Im steeling myself for the upcoming Maggie and Negan relationship, whatever that may entail 🥺, so I’m looking for a final wild ride to end the show.

• Love 2
On 3/27/2022 at 7:15 PM, raven said:

Agree; I'm much more invested in them than Eugene and the various Stephanies.

I liked the beginning with Aaron and Gabriel "yeah, that's our story" *nodding* LOL!  Then taking out the zombies (with Daryl) sans ammunition, no problem!    Aaron and Gabe together work for me.

We know Maggie didn't take the weapons but the Lance starting the car scene was still tense.

So the Adventures of Lance Hornsby on the Range are all to find Leah?  How does he know about her?  Or maybe just the weapons.  He's certainly creepy. 

Agree to all of the above. I think that Lance was just after the weapons, too, but it made me laugh that the city slicker could find the weapons and master tracker Daryl Dixon could not. The plot must be served, eh.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:36 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Not that long ago I would have felt the same, how often did I want to see character and relationship development but alas. As is obvious by my in depth analysis of the episode, It’s too late for all that now, I just want it to go out with the biggest bang possible, violence, tragedy blood and gore, just give it everything they’ve skimped on over the years. 
Im steeling myself for the upcoming Maggie and Negan relationship, whatever that may entail 🥺, so I’m looking for a final wild ride to end the show.

Yeah, I think that everyone who isn't Daryl, Carol, Maggie, or Negan is toast. Although that would make a lot of orphans. I'm with you on the show going out in a blaze of glory. We deserve that much.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, maystone said:

Although that would make a lot of orphans.

Aren't they already? Not a lot of grown-ups seems to care about them.  Except for a couple of red shirts.

Edited by heisenberg
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/27/2022 at 9:55 AM, OoohMaggie said:

Daryl’s quick change act with the Stormtrooper uniform is becoming silly but basically it’s roll on next week.

His armor doesn't even fit him right which makes it look ridiculous when he's wearing it anyway.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

If these episodes didn't show up on my DVR I'd forget this show even existed. That's how little I care about it anymore. I just can't believe how little I'm invested. At least they seem to have dispensed with Magna, Luke and Yumiko. They could do the same with Connie and Kelly, I wouldn't even notice. These characters just wandered onto the show one day, literally, and were never really developed. There are just so many new characters I don't care about and they keep introducing more of them. I think the expectation is that you'll watch Talking Dead where they talk up the characters and the actors who play them and that's how you're supposed to become interested in them.

The only potentially interesting thing in this episode was happening at Hilltop. But the teaser we saw in the confrontation scene at the gates turned out to be a giant red herring and everyone saw that coming.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

At least they seem to have dispensed with Magna, Luke and Yumiko.

I don't think Luke is even on the show anymore. Was there any explanation? Magna is there to translate for Connie, and Yumiko's brother gets more lines than her. 

• Love 2
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I don't think Luke is even on the show anymore.

This may be good or bad news, Mr Ossobuco is indeed scheduled for a reappearance in P3.

Edited by OoohMaggie
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I don't think Luke is even on the show anymore. Was there any explanation? Magna is there to translate for Connie, and Yumiko's brother gets more lines than her. 

Kelly translates for Connie. Magna was waitressing during the gala. She was conversing with Rosita.

• Love 1

On Talking Dead, they said they were worried about Hornsby being too much of a villain, so they had him smile as he delivers a lot of his lines.  Yeah, that isn't working because that smile makes him look more villainous, not less.  I kept thinking through the whole episode he had a face that made you want to punch him, and that greasy smile is a big part of it.

The part where Princess was saying how much sex she has had kind of bugged me.  Aren't we like 10 years into the apocalypse?  And wasn't she on her own through most of that?  So I guess we know what she was spending all her time doing in the pre-zombie years.  Still, it seems like a strange thing to brag about when she had such a long layoff in between.

Same with Mercer, we're told he also has had a LOT of sex.  And I could see him being in the position to, since he is a hero of sorts to the Commonwealth.  He just doesn't strike me as the type to be spending his time sleeping around with groupies.  If anything, he seems like more of a loner.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I wish this show would end on a high note instead of milking it to the end but they would have had to end several seasons ago.  Every 'bad' group that had potential the writers have ruined.   This episode was boring and it had Eugene again! 🤮  And the storm troopers magically found Leah.   Carol now has everyone doing her bidding.   I don't care about anyone anymore.   They are all boring plus we know all the spin off people are bullet proof.   

• Love 2

I am actually more invested in this season than I have been for a while as I really like the slow burn to find out how "evil" people are rather than needless slaughter from their first introductions.  I also think there is a community worth saving once the corruption is gone.  I am in til the end even though it has been quite painful to be so at times. However, I will be out from all of the spin-offs.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

However, I will be out from all of the spin-offs.

I'm going to watch "Tales" because it should be over quick. So help me, I'll probably watch "Maggie Loves Negan." I'm not watching the Daryl/Carol Variety Hour. 

• LOL 5

I don’t see how Hornsby could be seen as other than a villain. It has nothing to do with his smile, it’s his actions. Princess doesn’t at all act like she is the same person we first meant. She just seems too immature to be with Mercer. I still like Carol but never understand why she gets immediate trust when others are held in suspicion. I will watch till the bitter end but don’t care what happens anymore. I feel sorry for Judith and RJ who don’t have parents and for Herschel whose mother runs off at every opportunity. 

• Love 1
On 4/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, Superclam said:

I'll probably watch "Maggie Loves Negan.

That’s the spirit 🥳

On 4/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, Superclam said:

I'm not watching the Daryl/Carol Variety Hour.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 c’mon now, two seasons of World beyond………….. you’ll be watching 😂

• LOL 5
On 4/5/2022 at 9:34 AM, Superclam said:

I'm not watching the Daryl/Carol Variety Hour. 

Daryl and Carol are bringing back the Variety Hour?  Cool.  Now that I would watch.

3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Princess doesn’t at all act like she is the same person we first meant. She just seems too immature to be with Mercer. I still like Carol but never understand why she gets immediate trust when others are held in suspicion. 

I can see Princess and Mercer together, I even think they actually have some chemistry.  Mercer's a big, tall, powerful, masculine man with a good heart, so we can see the appeal there.  And Princess is an optimistic, fun loving, free spirit who is clearly attracted to him and not afraid to show it.  Nothing confusing there. 

You have a good point about Carol there, but I think we're supposed to accept that this is one of Carol's super powers, that she can put on this innocence act and people will buy into it.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, rmontro said:

You have a good point about Carol there, but I think we're supposed to accept that this is one of Carol's super powers, that she can put on this innocence act and people will buy into it.

Carol has long grey hair and is of small stature so superficially she appears older (read: motherly) and non-threatening.  She also knows when to smile and nod even when she disagrees, which is no small talent, lol.  IIRC, she tried the smile innocently act with Ezekiel when they first met and he didn't fall for it.  Lance is not the best with people, probably does not trust anyone and also probably figures he can threaten/manipulate her if she gets out of line.

• Love 5
On 4/4/2022 at 1:33 PM, Starchild said:

Maybe I've been paying less attention than I used to but I can't remember how Tomi went from hiding the fact he was a doctor to working in the hospital as a surgeon.

This. I definitely missed something that led to this.

3 hours ago, FierceCritter said:

This. I definitely missed something that led to this.

All they showed was Tomi and his sister chatting in the train station, then the Star Wars dudes hauled him away. I don't think we've seen the sister since. Anyway, his sister's babbling must have been exposed so they put him to work in the hospital.

• Love 1