Type keyword(s) to search

S47.E15: Zoe Kravitz / Rosalia

• Start Topic

Oh yeah, I just couldn't with Rosalia's first song with the two male dancers. That was unintentionally hilarious. They were like Solid Gold dancers.

I read it as being intentional campy.

was also hoping for Zoe’s dad or step dad.  

Yep, I waited the whole show for a stepdad sighting. <sad face>

Zoe is in a relationship with Channing Tatum.

Wait, what? I didn't think Channing Tatum swung her way. Are they each other's beards? (I keed, I keed.)

Zoë did great. She definitely inherited the best of her parents (and grandparents) genes, both in looks and talent.

• LOL 1
On 3/13/2022 at 1:14 AM, vb68 said:

Oh yeah, I just couldn't with Rosalia's first song with the two male dancers. That was unintentionally hilarious. They were like Solid Gold dancers.

I was perplexed by the outfit for her first song, but then I saw the second outfit.  Who decided that a puffy duvet and what I can only describe as the non-stick circles you put in the tub were a good look? 

The second song was really good, though.  Didn't care for the first song, but rap isn't really my thing.

• Love 1
On 3/13/2022 at 1:42 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

People (both men and women) tend to tell women to smile more.  "Hey, it's nice out, why don't you smile?"  Or at work, "Smile."  Or anywhere, "Smile, aren't you happy to be alive?"  etc. etc. etc. 

Fortunately I'm old enough that nobody cares what I look like any more, or even notices that I exist, so I don't have to put up with this nonsense any more.  But in my past experience, people (all men, in my recollection) would tell me to smile without even giving a reason why I should be smiling.

So I howled at the joke.

• Love 9
On 3/13/2022 at 1:02 AM, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I thought it was a strange choice to do Ohio State's version of Don't Stop Believin', when the university's secret song book for band members notoriously used a version of that song to make fun of Holocaust victims. 

And here's the misspelled Don't Stop Belevin on spotify:

image.thumb.png.17a674bf1ca7a522b0fb3b24038a7f37.png

Wait what???

On 3/13/2022 at 12:53 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Zoe was very, very good I thought.  She's just a good actor.  

I had only seen her in Big Little Lies, and wasn't that impressed so I had little to no expectations for this, but she knocked it out of the park!

On 3/13/2022 at 1:17 AM, TheOtherOne said:

That was cut from last week's dress rehearsal. Considering they still couldn't get the voice completely right and the bit wasn't that great, it's too bad they didn't come up with something else.

I only saw the replay version and it was fine audio-wise..so maybe it was the west coast version?

On 3/13/2022 at 9:34 PM, peeayebee said:

YMMV, but I thought having Kate and Aidy portray boys was a distraction, unless that was supposed to be the joke, in which case, it didn't work for me.

I remember commenting on this last time they did this skit...Aidy is terrible at playing a young boy, which took me out of the skit completely.  Kate was actually amazing at it; her body language at times nailed it.

Edited by LuvMyShows

The Amazon Go sketch was one of the funniest and best overall sketches I've seen in a long time. Please show, don't give up on Punkie "Oh, I pay!"  Johnson. I think she's such a good, nuanced straightman comedienne - she can get a lot of humor out of a single expression. 

Kyle Mooney on WU is so freaking awful and I always groan when he appears as yet another stupid, nails-on-chalkboard character. There's nothing he does that Mikey Day, Andrew Dismukes or Alex Moffat couldn't improve a thousandfold. 

Thought the first song was stupid and second was overwrought. Should have just let the musical guest stay asleep under that comforter instead of letting her drag it onstage with her. 

Decent one overall, I thought, though. 

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 2
On 3/13/2022 at 1:03 PM, JZL said:

Notes to SNL musical guest producer:

1.   Please resign.  Please take the MG segment sound engineer with you.
  2.   If you won't resign, please stop booking "acts" that consist merely of a singer with back-up dancers.
  3.   Stop booking acts where the singer's costume is a comforter. 

Help needed-- I didn't get the Women's Day joke; something about needing to smile.  It got a pretty good laugh but it went over my head.

Great throw-away line:  Zoe and Dismukes in the Amazon Go sketch, when she wants him to get her the kombucha, he finally does and mumbles. "I'm learning." 

Overall good show.  Unfortunately, they need to be flaying Putin but they keep doing Biden.  Can't they get Beck Bennett to come back for that?  I was always a little unclear why he isn't with the show and Mooney still is.

I Think Beck's Wife is In California And She Won't Give Up Her Job So He Left Saturday Night Live For Her ! The Two People I LOVED The Most Was Beck And Cecily ! The Cast Is Doing Pretty Good With Out Beck, But, I Miss Beck And I Still Wish He Was On The Show ! 

12 hours ago, Jody said:

I Think Beck's Wife is In California And She Won't Give Up Her Job So He Left Saturday Night Live For Her ! The Two People I LOVED The Most Was Beck And Cecily ! The Cast Is Doing Pretty Good With Out Beck, But, I Miss Beck And I Still Wish He Was On The Show ! 

I just meant for a cameo or two.  AFAIK, SNL has said little to nothing about Putin's invasion of Ukraine.  Shameful.

On 3/16/2022 at 8:06 AM, xaxat said:

Amazon Go was hilarious and the setup was great. Even before Kenan showed up and started the joke I was saying "Nope!"

That Reminded Me OF The Movie Trading Places ! They Gave A TV To Eddie Murphy And He Turned IT Down Because They Would Think He Stole The TV ! I Liked The Stocks That Turned Out To Be Breakfast Foods ! I Also Like That Not Only Did Eddie Murphy And Dan Aykroyd Changed Places, But, They Became Rich And The Other Men Became Home Less ! !