Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: Mighty Mighty Boston Bonds

• Start Topic

The stakes go up for our Boston newlyweds as they seek to strengthen their bonds of trust and intimacy.  The couples consult an expert, ask tough questions, and try to improve their emotional and physical closeness.

Airs Wednesday, March 9, at 8:00PM EST

Yes, let’s embarrass your spouse by telling the down and dirty of your sex life on national tv. If they are still together, this might be the last straw for him. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 12

Lindsey starts taking about how she was laying there and Mark started taking off her clothes so she “thought they were going to have sex.” So was he doing laundry or something?? Oh, they did have sex, just not to her standards.

That was some toaster analogy that the friend came up with! He wants to take it apart and figure out how it works—before putting the bread in!

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Sorry O but Dr.  Vivi has your number. If Katina is crying then he’s pushing his expectations of her too hard. He wants a maid and a cook, he should have just stayed single and hired someone to come in weekly and do that stuff. 

I wanted to like him, but he's a dick.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Sorry O but Dr.  Vivi has your number. If Katina is crying then he’s pushing his expectations of her too hard. He wants a maid and a cook, he should have just stayed single and hired someone to come in weekly and do that stuff. 

She is giving it to him straight, for sure. "Archaic ideas." Olajuwon  keeps saying "expectations."

GET OVER YOURSELF, PAL!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

O. doesn't need to work on his energy and his tone. He needs to stop it with the "cook and clean" or you're not a real woman and a good wife bullshit.

I do like Dr. Viv's makeup this evening. That lip color is particularly good on her.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 19
20 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Is this going to be the season sex episode? Not sure I want to watch this, I might switch over to Survivor. 

Might be the better choice, given what's in some previews of the couples' assigned "games."

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Here we go with the sex questions and I don’t think some of these couples haven’t had sex yet. Why do they push sex when most of these couples already have major problems outside of the bedroom. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

O. is full of shit. He's not upset because he doesn't think Katina is vulnerable and opening up. He is upset because she doesn't cook and clean the way he wants his 1950's era wife to do those chores. Ugh.

People are looking good tonight. That pink shirt is good on Lindsey too!

• Love 11

“Ever since I’ve known you”?! Ma’am, you’ve known this man for like 3 weeks. Steve enjoys doing all of the cooking and cleaning—he’s the perfect match for Olajuwon! Wife(Husband) Swap crossover special! 

• LOL 20
  • Love 4

Oh, Steve.  No one is going to be okay with you staying home, especially if there are no kids.  I was a single mom with a full-time job, a clean home and I cooked every single (goddamn) night.  It can be done, even if the meals aren’t “as good.”  Give me a break.  

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 20

Steve is absolutely refusing to understand Noi's "Financial Type." She is cautious, wary of future financial insecurity, not a risk-taker.

AND you, Steve, are showing her that you are a BIG risk. Asking Noi to just trust and accept is a no-go. 

This is not a situation for compromise, IMO. I believe these different outlooks and values are ingrained. 

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

O. should have married Steve.

And honestly, I disagree. I think that plenty of couples are fine with one spouse being a full time homemaker and one being a full time breadwinner. I think there are women who would be fine with Steve being a full-time homemaker; but Noi isn't that person. They have to agree on it together and right now, each of them is just focused on what he/she wants individually.

I thought it was pretty crystal clear, too, that he was hurt by Jasmina laughing at his embarrassing story and expressed that clearly; but Jasmina kept laughing and didn't apologize.

Well, then Michael needs to remove that stick, because a story of a 6-year-old weeing in class IS FUNNY. 

Dang! I had a classmate who did that, and another boy actually made a paper boat and floated it, I kid you not. 

7 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 6
3 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

What! You don’t even put the cats food in a bowl? I’m trying to figure out if they are bad cat owners, lazy or what? 

Those looked like treats, not regular cat food. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Michael's story about the peeing incident at school confused me.  When he first started telling it, I thought he meant it as a joke and that's why Jasmina started laughing.  Then he looked hurt.  My issue with Jasmina is that she kept on laughing when she could have said, "I'm sorry, I thought you were telling the story as a joke."  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Well, then Michael needs to remove that stick, because a story of a 6-year-old weeing in class IS FUNNY. 

It was funny but I think it was also clear that it really hurt him at the time and he was expressing that clearly and noticeably. All she had to do was notice his obvious discomfort and apologize - so she was laughing with him and not at him.

• Love 13