Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Happy Thoughts

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Ren intervenes with Jenny’s plan to bring Jag into custody, while Ronald and Scarlett work together to find safety in a new environment. Then, Cassie and Lindor discover the aftermath at the ranch and reluctantly join forces with a familiar face. Later, Jag and Ren, anxiously awaiting their father’s visit, find themselves at odds about how to deal with the problem of Joseph’s ranch; but will the pressure of impressing him lead them down a familiar (and dangerous) path?

THURSDAY, March 3, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
161567_9926-900x0.jpg
161456_1811-900x0.jpg
161567_9280-900x0.jpg
161568_0810-900x0.jpg

Ha, of course Wolfgang survives!  Either those whacks by Ronald with the shovel were really weak, Wolfgang's head is made out of steel, or that dog who licked him has magical healing powers in its saliva, because that is hilarious.  Again, poor Blake is watching all this from the afterlife and is like "The hell?!  One smack to the face took me out for good, but this motherfucker is already up and walking around?!!"  And now it looks like Wolfgang is actually going to team up with Cassie and Lindor to track Ronald.  Pure insanity.  What will they think up of next?

Damn, Jenny!  I've certainly lodge my fair share of criticisms towards the kids' dumb decisions, but to almost be all "People died because of you!" to Max was hardcore!  Maybe there was some truth to that and I get not completely treating her with kid gloves, but I have to imagine there could have been a more tactful way to say that...

Travis manages to buy himself some time with Dietrich by revealing that he's a cop and promising him he will get the money if they help him take out the cartel.  I'm sure this little deal won't work out in the long term!

Finally meet Daddy Bhullar in the form of Bernard White, who seems to be as good of a choice as any.  But I'm already more interested in his wife/girlfriend because she's a) played by Constance Zimmer who is awesome and b) Constance Zimmer seems to know exactly what kind of show she's one and that's a good thing.  I am curious to see how long she has been married to him and what part she played in the kids' lives, because I noticed a lot of similarities between her and Ren's personalities.  It also looks like Jag is going to basically steal Ren's idea to make himself look like the mastermind.  Not sure if it will work, because Daddy Bhullar's reaction gave off a vibe that he knows this is idea is way too complicated and out there for someone like Jag to come up with.

Really don't know what to say about all of the Ronald/Scarlett stuff, except Scarlett's daughter has now joined Lindor's dog as the most relatable character here with her general "Stay the fuck away from me!" reactions to Ronald and her "What the fuck are you doing, Mom?!" to Scarlett.  Poor kid is going to need a lot of therapy after all of this.  And hopefully finds a good home, because considering how inept everything is here, I really don't trust the foster care system Big Sky would provide!

"Damn, Coca Chunks!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Is there something in the water in this part of 'Montana' that drops people's IQ to room temperature level?  Bridger's parents get threatened by a couple of hitmen, whom he has actually seen kill someone, and they accept that the hitmen won't come back to kill them anyway to insure that they all stay quiet.  Let's leave for awhile, instead!

Jenny has a unique understanding of the Sheriff Department dress code.

Cassie, you realize that Wolfgang could legally shoot the both of you for taking place in an armed home invasion.  You really need to go back and reread that book "Private Investigations for Dummies."

No fresh sheets for Ronald, I guess.

So, I guess Ferris Bhullar had some time off to come up and check on the operation.  The plan is to import mass quantities of fentanyl base to this isolated ranch by private jet and limousine,  which no one has apparently noticed in this small town, and hire a bunch of expat chemists who would never be noticed in town either, and then ship it out using brain dead truckers.  What could possibly go wrong?

12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Ha, of course Wolfgang survives!  Either those whacks by Ronald with the shovel were really weak, Wolfgang's head is made out of steel, or that dog who licked him has magical healing powers in its saliva, because that is hilarious.

It was that uber-awful hair, I tell you.  We should nickname him Samson.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Just deleted this show from my pvr timer. I had high hopes when it started... love the cast... just can't take this darkness anymore. Buh bye to Ronald and his more-lives-than-a-cat adventures.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Msample said:

Jesus, the John Carroll Lynch character is well past the sell by date. Can we please just kill all the various iterations and move on ?

And take Ronald with him.

• Love 13

I don't think I will have to delete this show from my tv scheduler because I doubt this show will be renewed.  First of all, Jen and Cassie are not likeable at all.  I've found myself rooting for Ronald and when that happens, that's telling you something. 

• Love 3
On 3/3/2022 at 10:26 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Scarlett's daughter has now joined Lindor's dog as the most relatable character here with her general "Stay the fuck away from me!" reactions to Ronald and her "What the fuck are you doing, Mom?!" to Scarlett.  Poor kid is going to need a lot of therapy after all of this.

So much this. All I could think about this episode was that poor kid is ruined for life. Not sure decades of therapy can undo what this show has done to her. I think I need therapy for even turning this episode on and leaving it on for the full hour.

I've been watching The Drew Carey Show reruns; John Carroll Lynch plays Drew's cross-dressing brother. Interesting juxtaposition.

I'm thankful to have dogs that can magically lick me out of unconsciousness, should that need ever arise.

• Love 6
On 3/4/2022 at 11:52 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Is there something in the water in this part of 'Montana' that drops people's IQ to room temperature level?  Bridger's parents get threatened by a couple of hitmen, whom he has actually seen kill someone, and they accept that the hitmen won't come back to kill them anyway to insure that they all stay quiet.  Let's leave for awhile, instead!

I thought Ren implied that she paid them off?

Sorry to be shallow, but Kathryn Winnick/wardrobe needs to stop it with the ripped-collar concert shirts. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Poor  Phoebe,   Poor Tubbs  who has a second in command that can’t perform any part of a cops job, doesn’t give her boss any respect, and dresses like she is 20 instead of the mother of a college student. 
other than the fact that they kill anyone and everyone, the cartel family is laughable.  The poor lousy waitress who was scared of her shadow now seems to be the cat that shallowed  the canary. 
Please tell me that there wasn’t  a triplet Rick in the previews with Ronald - that was a hallucination, right? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
On 3/7/2022 at 6:22 AM, Tachi Rocinante said:
On 3/4/2022 at 9:52 AM, Dowel Jones said:

I thought Ren implied that she paid them off?

I was wondering the same thing. The parents were acting kind of sketchy, especially towards the daughter. It made me think maybe she paid them off instead of scaring them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Constance Zimmer is always welcome, she clearly already knows what kind of show this is. I can feel my interest already going up.

Unfortunately the many faces of John Carroll Lynch continue to improbably survive, which instantly drains my interest yet again. When someone finally kills him, I am already dreading their identical cousin showing up, who is even crazier than the other two. 

Scarlett's daughter is truly the only sane girl, I hope she finds a nice adoptive family away from her nutty mom and step dad.

• Love 4
On 3/8/2022 at 9:14 PM, mythoughtis said:

Poor  Phoebe,   Poor Tubbs  who has a second in command that can’t perform any part of a cops job, doesn’t give her boss any respect, and dresses like she is 20 instead of the mother of a college student. 
other than the fact that they kill anyone and everyone, the cartel family is laughable.  The poor lousy waitress who was scared of her shadow now seems to be the cat that shallowed  the canary. 
Please tell me that there wasn’t  a triplet Rick in the previews with Ronald - that was a hallucination, right? 

I took Lagarski as a hallucination.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2