Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Bonfire of the Frenemies

• Start Topic

Ramona just keeps delivering the cringe.  The way she was trying to give that guy (forgot his name) a peek at her boobs under the guise of getting directions to the restroom and playing the lady of the manor was laughable at best.  Here she is doing her best at trying to gain and keep his attention and here Lu just saunters up as a joke no less and gives him her phone number. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wow Kenya!  Just wow!

That was pretty brutal....I know Ramona can be and was horrible, but Kenya was just as horrible, and even more shady.  

When everyone else in the room (or on the beach) is EXTREMELY uncomfortable with your shadiness, maybe it's not working out the way you hoped.  Everyone there, with the possible exception of Luann, was cringing.  It was sad and uncomfortable to watch, and Kenya continued to double down, even when most of her comments were met with awkward silence much of the time.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 12

No matter how awful Ramona is at least she is entertaining. Kenya is just awful, really wish they would fire her. I was so hoping John would have shut her down but I guess he liked the attention.

• Love 11

GMAFB Luann. She knows who Ramona is, how Ramona is, has been on the Ramona-coaster for over a decade. Now that she's around new blood getting new attention, she wants to act offended. 

Look, Ramona is no picnic, definitely not perfect, and has many problematic moments. But lets not act like we all don't already know how Ramona operates. At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that Ramona just wants to have a good time and flirt. She sticks her foot in her mouth, she says the wrong thing, she reacts before she thinks...Not an excuse, but she is a woman of a different generation from the rest on this trip (save for Lu). And there has been a target on Ramona's back since minute one. Again, some stuff warranted but you can see that Ramona is trying and she even admits wanting to remove herself because she keeps sticking her foot in her mouth. I do think some of these women are approaching Ramona with a lens of ageism.  And FWIW, what Ramona said about Luann and Tom was 5000% true. Luann is projecting because she still feels embarrassed by her stupidity. Everyone who watched RHONY saw it. 

As for KEN, miserable bitch. No real friends. Cynthia may be a bit over-sensitive, but Kenya has definitely boxed her out on this trip. Kenya wants the attention from the new girls because they, aside from Ramona, will let her bullshit slide. Cynthia knows too much about Kenya, so to speak, so Kenya can't play the victim with her. And since Cynthia and Kenya have an established relationship, Cynthia wrongly thought that she'd at least have Kenya as a source of comfort on this trip. 

I've liked Teresa the best on this trip. She's been very lowkey and chill, but I do wonder if she'd have more fun or be more outgoing if Melissa wasn't there. lol 

YMMV

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Chloecat said:

No matter how awful Ramona is at least she is entertaining. Kenya is just awful, really wish they would fire her. I was so hoping John would have shut her down but I guess he liked the attention.

I actually thought that John just didn't know how to respond to all of Kenya's comments - I think he was slightly flabbergasted.  It was like he was thinking "Do I respond to this nasty bullshit or not?  If I do defend Ramona, she's going to think I'm interested in her more than as a friend, and I don't want that, but I also don't know exactly how to respond to a nasty, shady bitch that is going in for the kill."  

The fact that Ramona, for the most part, remained calm and kept it gracious showed growth on Ramona's party.

And, not for nothing, Kenya was all in her hurt feelings because Ramona told her "Fuck you" on the boat trip?  She needs to get over herself - hasn't she been in worse situations on RHOA?  

Also, does anyone recall, at any point, where it was discussed that Ramona was blackmailing Luann?  I, don't recall that at all being discussed and I don't recall ever hearing about something like that happening on RHONY.  That comment was the one that made Ramona comment back to Kenya.  Aside from that, Ramona sat there pretty calmly, which gave Kenya more confidence to keep jabbing at her - regardless of how the other women and men sitting at the table were cringing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

GMAFB Luann. She knows who Ramona is, how Ramona is, has been on the Ramona-coaster for over a decade. Now that she's around new blood getting new attention, she wants to act offended. 

Look, Ramona is no picnic, definitely not perfect, and has many a problematic moments. But lets not act like we all don't already know how Ramona operates. At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that Ramona just wants to have a good time and flirt. She sticks her foot in her mouth, she says the wrong thing, she reacts before she thinks...Not an excuse, but she is a woman of a different generation from the rest on this trip (save for Lu). And there has been a target on Ramona's back since minute one. Again, some stuff warranted but you can see that Ramona is trying and she even admits wanting to remove herself because she keeps sticking her foot in her mouth. I do think the some of these women are approaching Ramona with a lens of ageism.  And FWIW, what Ramona said about Luann and Tom was 5000% true. Luann is projecting because she still feels embarrassed by her stupidity. Everyone who watched RHONY saw it. 

As for KEN, miserable bitch. No real friends. Cynthia may be a bit over-sensitive, but Kenya has definitely boxed her out on this trip. Kenya wants the attention from the new girls because they, aside from Ramona, will let her bullshit slide. Cynthia knows too much about Kenya, so to speak, so Kenya can't play the victim with her. And since Cynthia and Kenya have an established relationship, Cynthia wrongly thought that she'd at least have Kenya as a source of comfort on this trip. 

I've liked Teresa the best on this trip. She's been very lowkey and chill, but I do wonder if she'd have more fun or be more outgoing if Melissa wasn't there. lol 

YMMV

I agree with everything you've said here.  In my opinion, Kenya came on this "vacation" with a pre-planned gameplan, to take at least one housewife down.  I don't know if she knew who that housewife was going to be, but I think she was well-prepared to go in on whomever she decided.

I also don't know if Teresa would have been any different without Melissa there.  Teresa never struck me as a big drinker, or a big "life of the party" type of person, even on RHONJ.  Also, I think that at the time of filming this show, she was deep in the throes of her new romance, so she was very pre-occupied with that and very happy, so no underlying frustration that would cause her to lash out at anyone.  

So far, my favorites from this trip have been Teresa, Melissa, Luann and Kyle.  They've been the least dramatic, the least confrontational and the most personable.  They all seem to be happy to be on and taking advantage of a nice vacation in a gorgeous villa in a beautiful destination.

• Love 8

One thing I noticed this week about Ramona is that she knows perfectly well how to act with manners and decorum (to a point) when it is in her best interests. She wanted no tomfoolery at her dinner at Johns because she was on the hunt and wanted to make a good impression. She reined in her over the top insane behavior, because she KNEW and KNOWS damn well what bad behavior is. Also that she knows how to control it... when it suits her needs, such as trying to reel in a man. The ONLY times she acts like a normal human being is when it suits her plans to gain her desires. She is not clueless, like she claims is the way her mind is wired.

She just prefers to let it rip when shes with her girl groups as a way to bully her way into the best bedrooms etc, and to gain camera time with her over the top antics.

So her excuses about everyone having to deal with “her way of being” is just bullshit. Shes not as crazy as she acts. She uses acting crazy as a tool or weapon to gain whatever advantage she has her sights on. Camera time seems to be a list topper. She’ll do ANYTHING for it. Her selfishness outweighs any and all herds of elephants in the middle of the room. Like she often is, when the cameras are rolling.

Put John in front of her and suddenly shes acting like a good guest and friend, a (semi) normal human being. 

She knows damn well how to act properly towards other people. She admittedly just doesn’t care what the other women think about her and will do ANYTHING, most of all, act nuttso, to get her way. Except when acting nuttso won’t get her what she wants.

Kenya was showing that nasty side that I’ve heard about, this episode. Hitting Ramonas board in the water to make her fall, was mean, and dangerous. She is very brave to be so blatant about throwing daggers at her target in a social situation such as Johns dinner party table. With obvious false coyness, too. She was loving making Ramona squirm. All I can say, is can you blame her for that? What a perfect way to rock Ramonas boat when Ramona is trying so hard to pretend shes a nice, normal, well mannered person. Ha! 

Still, it takes a certain type of personality to do that, and its not a nice one.

Luann woke up all riled up after sleeping on Theresas words and her previous nights reaction to them. It’s like all the years of Ramonas over the top abuse of their friendship finally became clearer in her mind about how totally unacceptable it has been all along. Show or no show, shes put up with Ramonas obnoxious antics for the sake of the show and staying on it while trying to keep the vibe upbeat. Her Stockholm syndrome seems to be wearing off when surrounded by others who aren’t subjected to Ramona on a regular basis. 

Cynthia was downright cool this episode, finally loosened up enough to allow herself to try and enjoy interacting with the new women. She wasted way too much of his vacation time paralyzed with jealousy instead of enjoying the group for what it was. She was honest and admitted she was jealous of Kenya making new friends with them and leaving her on her own. That was admirable. She was the Cynthia I had known (very little of) in the past. I hope she can have a fantastic last couple of days left on this trip, now that shes snapped out of it.

• Love 7

I also want to add that it seems, no, it is obvious that Ramona is quite aware of societal etiquette when its HER party with people she wants to leave a good impression on, but acts up and refuses to acknowledge her other “friends” parties as worthy of good manners and common courtesy from her. The Black Shabbat at Eboni’s friend Archie’s house where Ramona was an invited guest is a perfect recent example.
She was completely loud, obnoxious, rude and insulting to the hostess and other guests. Right from the get go, after she arrived very late. She was completely horrid as a guest at this small, private religious ritual dinner, her friend Eboni took the chance at inviting her join with her and her friends. She was using the far away gazed look to her eyes that she always uses to act like she is clueless about what the proper way to act is, thats she’s just being her silly self. Eboni must have been horrified. Doubly, because Sonja was there too and thats a whole nother bag of crazy.

So, its not like she clueless about the proper way to act as a human being in public, or private settings. It only is important all the others do so when it is her event and man friend who is watching and judging her, by the company she keeps.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
On 3/16/2022 at 12:31 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It is a sad sad day when Kyle is the only likeable one on this trip (to me at least)

I'm finding Melissa likeable as well (and I do NOT like her on her show!).  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Catching up on this one today with the reruns.  I totally forgot Mo showed up for the girls trip .  The man never misses an opportunity to be on camera that's for sure.  You just 'happened' to have a meeting when your wife was filming.. Sure thing Mo.

I'm not a huge Ramona fan but when Kenya did was wrong.  If Kenya was trying to make Ramona look bad she failed miserably.  She made herself look bad. Read the room Kenya no thought it was funny, well except Lu. If this was my home and this was being done I would have said the dinner is over and thank them for coming.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm rewatching this in April. I haven't liked Kenya since the beginning.  She seems like a snake. Every cut is said with that phony laugh and a side eye to someone besides the person she's making fun of. I'm not fond of the way Ramona does her little flirting routine but I do have to say I felt sorry for her in this one. I don't think the guy was interested at all and she left looking every bit her age. 😓 Kenya's a bully.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 11/25/2022 at 3:32 PM, MyMaui said:

Catching up on this one today with the reruns.  I totally forgot Mo showed up for the girls trip .  The man never misses an opportunity to be on camera that's for sure.  You just 'happened' to have a meeting when your wife was filming.. Sure thing Mo.

I'm not a huge Ramona fan but when Kenya did was wrong.  If Kenya was trying to make Ramona look bad she failed miserably.  She made herself look bad. Read the room Kenya no thought it was funny, well except Lu. If this was my home and this was being done I would have said the dinner is over and thank them for coming.

Mauricio's The Agency has an office in Turks & Caicos. And offices in other Caribbean islands. He went to Aspen with the Beverly Hills HWs because the company has an office there, as well, so why not fly with them, and stay at his house while doing business? 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2