Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: 60s Girl Groups

• Start Topic

So, Jasmine kicks off one shoe which appears to come straight at the judges, lets her top slide halfway off, and wins the LSFYL?  Oooookaaaaaay…

Kerri didn’t actually perform all that well, and the waistband of her tights was incredibly jarring, so I don’t truly mind her going home.  But Jasmine didn’t win that LSFYL.  Nope.  No way.

Congrats to Daya Betty, I guess, but I’m not really a fan.  I thought there were better performances, and better runways.

• Love 8

That lip sync was terrible, from both sides.  If Jorgeous gave us one of the best LSFYL in drag race history a few weeks ago, tonight’s was one of the worst.

Thing is, though, bad as they both were, it was easy to predict which was going home before the LS, and really pretty easy to predict who was going home before we even got to the actual girl group performances.  

Why?  Because the editing has been particularly, glaringly obvious all season.  If you can pick out which queen is A) suddenly getting a lot more screen time and B) gives some sob story about her family background, you know exactly who's going home.  They really need to shake this up; surprise us more often.

Congrats to Daya Betty, I guess, but I’m not really a fan.

If all we saw was Daya Betty in the performances and runway, I’d be a fan.  But, wow, when we’re back in the werkroom she is seriously getting on my very last nerve.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

If all we saw was Daya Betty in the performances and runway, I’d be a fan.  But, wow, when we’re back in the werkroom she is seriously getting on my very last nerve.

I have to admit, her performances have been pretty good, although neither last week’s top two placement nor this week’s win felt deserved to me.  Runway-wise, she’s been strictly middle of the pack for me.  Every single clip of her in Untucked, in the werkroom, or in her THs, though, make me dislike her.  She’s not just salty, there’s an ugly edge to everything she says.

I love Willow Pill, Lady Camden, and Bosco.  I very much like Deja Skye and Angeria.  I liked Kerri.  But Jasmine, Jorgeous, and Daya can all go, and the sooner the better.  I wanted to root for Daya Betty because I adored Crystal Methyd so much, but no.

• Love 9

I thought none of the girl group songs sounded like the songs from the 60’s. Not a fan of Daya Betty-she seems so unpleasant to be around. I was just thinking they never did a heart themed runway so I was happy to see that but none of the outfits blew me away. My favs are still Willow, Lady Camden and Angeria.

• Love 7

Meh. Daya was on top while Willow and Bosco were safe? I don’t think so. Jasmine was a messy bitch in the lip sync, and should have been eliminated the second she lost a shoe. I think I watched a different show than Ru watched.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Me too. I'd add Bosco to the list and you'd have my final four.  Which means it won't happen.

Agree! I didn’t get Bosco until I saw her as Mr. Fischoeder from “Bob’s Burgers.” Brilliant!

50C95CB0-11C6-4DD2-A7C5-8E39A5FABD32.jpeg

• Love 4

I didn't like this one. Daya is increasingly insufferable, didn't deserve to win, the bottom two were chosen for max drama, and the runway theme was meh. I hate the squabbling over roles and such, but I realize Ru assigning them isn't the way to go either. Maybe draw straws? I don't know. I mean, I wasn't paying close enough attention to feel strongly about who should have won or who the B2 should have been, I just know I'm not happy.

• Love 4

First of all, I thought Daya's runway was hideous. The color combination made my eyes want to vomit.

Second, it made no sense to me at all that Willow and Bosco were both safe. They had the two best runway looks of the night, IMO, and their group was by far the most entertaining. (And I'm guessing that Willow and Bosco had more to do with the clever lyrics than Daya did.)

The second group sucked, and Jasmine and Jorgeous - who sang so badly that she had to speak her lyrics - should have been bottom two.

Daya's apparently the villain of the season, so it's no surprise that the judges are over-rewarding her. And I guess that Jorgeous is being over-rewarded because she's cute, and Ru thinks the fan base will like her because of that.

Although I have to say, Jorgeous is proving to be pretty nasty in real life. Cynthia Lee Fontaine made a perfectly reasonable comment on Twitter saying that someone else should have won the Glamazon Prime challenge, and Jorgeous responded by mocking her for being in a serious car accident. I wonder if Jorgeous has a dark side, and the producers were hoping she'd show it.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Me too. I'd add Bosco to the list and you'd have my final four.  Which means it won't happen.

ITA tho I fear Ru/producers will boot one of these to include Daya to rile up viewers. 

I miss Kerry already, such a polished, talented beautiful queen! 

• Love 4

I have a couple of unpopular opinions (based on what's going around on the internet):

I liked Willow's creativity and she is one of my favorites, but the thongs around her legs did not do it for me.  It was unique, but the effect of the panties hanging down was not flattering, IMHO.

I liked Lady Camden's runway look.  I thought it was fun and she looked great with the makeup and wig.  I thought "costumey" was an acceptable look for drag.  School me, please.

• Love 8

I think Kerri looked so pretty in the red wig. I do not like how she usually wears her hair, sleek black bob. The wavy red hair made her look so much better, imo.

Glad she went home because I have a soft spot in my heart for Jasmine.

I liked Angeria's runway look for a different themed week. I didn't like the stick-on heart.

I ❤ Bosco.

Now that Kerri Kolby is gone I'm selling my stocks in whatever makeup brand she used because, man, did she always have a TON of makeup on. 

Daya is a thoroughly unpleasant person to watch on TV. She can bounce ASAFP. 

Rupaul's Racial Rules Theory on Lip-Syncing is taking a HUGE hit this season.

Angeria gives me serious Nom from Deep Space 9 vibes. 

• Love 1

What I like about Angeria is the way she makes up her eyes and then impossibly thins out her nose.  It is almost alien to me.  And I love alien drag.  Juno Birch and Sasha Velour give great alien drag too.  

• Love 1

I think they probably decided Kerri was going because she has been delivering low energy in most of her performances even though she could have won that lipsync. Messy as Jasmine was she's bringing more fire and drama so they prefer to keep her for now.

And yes Bosco and Willow would have been in the top for me, Camden safe and Deja in the bottom (awful runway).

• Love 1