Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor 42 Spoilers

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

So based on Reddit, it looks like all the Vati members are safe after the first IC, and that Jackson, Zach or Romeo could potentially be the first boot(s).  Not sure if they are doing a double elimination like they did in the first episode last season, but I assume they will if the season is short again.  Swati and Lydia are believed to be seen in a future challenge.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

On 2/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, LadyChatts said:

Jackson, Zach or Romeo could potentially be the first boot(s).  Not sure if they are doing a double elimination like they did in the first episode last season, but I assume they will if the season is short again.  Swati and Lydia are believed to be seen in a future challenge.

A couple of weeks I spent a lot of time looking at cast photos and reading everyone's profiles so as to be prepared for the new season. I'm embarrassed to say it was evidently all for naught, as I have no idea who the people are you just mentioned, lol.

21 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Is this going to be another shortened season?

It's actually about 3 days shorter.

• Love 1
On 2/21/2022 at 12:03 AM, treeofdreams said:

Is this going to be another shortened season?

Last season wasn't really shorter.  Thirteen episodes, which is about normal (with the reunion being #14, which last season didn't do). 

It was a lot shorter to film, because they had a TC every two days instead of every three, but with still roughly the same number of TCs.

I assume this will be the same -- I think they were filming before 41 aired.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

I assume this will be the same -- I think they were filming before 41 aired.

The two seasons were filmed back to back as it saves money schlepping equipment and staff out and back. 

23 hours ago, DEL901 said:

The two seasons were filmed back to back as it saves money schlepping equipment and staff out and back. 

True enough. So probably a carbon copy of 41.

Speculation is that Ika loses another IC next week, and Romeo may be the one to go.  This is based on the preview last night, which showed Swati and Tori talking in what looks like a post-challenge conversation.  Everyone but Romeo appears to be accounted for in future challenges.  Rocksroy also needs time for all that hair growth.  Since Romeo was aligned with Zach and wanted Tori out, this could make sense why he'd be the target.  However, there is a final 3 rumor floating around that has Romeo in it, so I guess we'll see.    

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpoiledSurvivor/comments/tarure/42speculation_loses_ic_2/

Also, last night in the opening shots, it looks like Tori finds one of the idol clues. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

From Reddit.  Supposedly these are spoilers, not just speculation, so take it for what it's worth.  Considering Romeo survived this week, and the edit MaryAnne is getting, maybe there's some truth to it.  I included another spoiler from the Reddit source down below, posted 5 days ago.  They said Marya was pre-merge and played her shot in the dark, which obviously happened tonight.

Also, I've heard there's not an actual merge but some kind of mutiny twist?  I believe Redmond discussed it on his Pateron account.  Haven't been able to find other details about that.  Also, according to the spoiler source, Lindsey is 5th and each tribe loses two people before the merge.  

level 4

42survivor4242

·5 days ago

Sure

Premerge:

Jackson, Zach, Marya (plays shot in the dark), Jenny, Swathi, Daniel, Lydia

Post-merge:

Chantel, Rocksroy & Tori (in split tribal like Evvie and Nassier), Tori, Hai, Drea, Omar, Lindsay, Jonathan, Romeo, Mike, MARYANNE

Edited by LadyChatts

Not me actually gonna be reading spoilers this season!

But yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about that potential spoiler. I like Maryanne and am all for her beating Mike/Romeo, if that's the F3, but a full season of Maryanne is gonna be a lot and unless she tones it down, I wonder how people will be able to tolerate her high energy for another 20 days.

I like Mike, would not hate for him to get to F3, but he reminds me of Tony....a lot. 

And Romeo getting to F3? Sure, we haven't seen much of him but I hope that part of the spoiler is wrong. 

Also, it's the same type of F3 (one woman, two men) and same vote count as last season. 

Also, boo to Jenny, Lydia AND Daniel not making jury.

I read more of that thread. According to this person, the next person to go will be Jenny, then Swati, then Danny, then Lydia. So I guess we'll see if it's correct.

Maybe it would have been better to not read these spoilers because the pre-merge/pre-jury boot list is not it. I like a lot of them, sure, but I really like Jenny, Danny and Lydia. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Something I'm not understanding is that Jenny supposedly goes in some weird 2-2 vote.  If Mike doesn't have his vote, then there'd be 5 votes.  But does she go in a tie?  Unless it's a rock draw.  If her TC is a heartbreaker, maybe it's a Jessica Lewis thing where she doesn't get any votes, but draws the bad rock and leaves that way.  

Considering this person knew 5 days ago that Marya was the next to go, and played her in shot in the dark, is a pretty specific detail to guess.  Romeo was only speculated to go tonight because he wasn't seen in any future challenges like the rest of the tribe, and that was other Reddit posters guessing that.  If Jenny goes next and has a ridiculous TC then I'll put more belief in these spoilers.  We'll see if TC starts at 8:30 next week lol  

After tonight I can see where Daniel and Swait go pre-merge, although I'm disappointed.  I wouldn't necessarily think MaryAnne has a traditional winners edit yet, but after last season I don't think there is such a thing anymore.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • LOL 1

I guess it might make sense if someone thinks Maryanne would make a great goat.  

eta, re a 2-2 tie….remember anyone who finds the blessing and curse idol can’t vote until they all say the phrase that pays.  

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 2
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Something I'm not understanding is that Jenny supposedly goes in some weird 2-2 vote?  If Mike doesn't have his vote, then there'd be 5 votes.  But does she go in a tie?  Unless it's a rock draw.  If her TC is a heartbreaker, maybe it's a Jessica Lewis thing where she doesn't get any votes, but draws the bad rock and leaves that way.  

If someone on the tribe goes to the Summit and loses their vote, that could make it a tie. So, let's say Hai goes to the Summit, risks his vote, and so do the other two (whoever he goes with). That would make it a 2-2 vote. 

Oh! Or someone plays their Shot in the Dark.

• LOL 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I guess it might make sense if someone thinks Maryanne would make a great goat.  

eta, re a 2-2 tie….remember anyone who finds the blessing and curse idol can’t vote until they all say the phrase that pays.  

Supposedly Romeo takes MaryAnne to the final 3, and sends Jonathan and Mike to fire, which Jonathan loses.  And if Romeo does get zero votes, I guess he really picked wrong if that was his intention.  Although if you wind up with no votes, you likely had no hope at all.  

ETA: Analyzing the preview at the end of tonight's episode-it looks like MaryAnne maybe finds some kind of advantage next week, maybe her tribe's idol?  And then we see the shot of the challenge where Rocks is struggling, and Jeff says "we have never done this before".  It could be misdirection, but I wonder if something happens that inadvertently sends Jenny's tribe to TC.  Like, maybe they were ahead in the challenge, but they stop it and do something else.  Again, that's probably all misdirection, but worth throwing out there.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Jenny going out 4th sucks. I hope that spoiler is wrong. 

As for the final 3 of Maryanne, Romeo, and Mike, can't say I care for any of them. I guess I wouldn't mind Mike winning, but if Maryanne does win, I hope they tone her down. I can't see how she wins at this point. Going to be interesting to see how all of this shakes out.

If Maryanne does win I hope it is because at final tc she stands to make he statement and completely transforms and claims to have been playing a part to get to the end…I don’t care if it is true…just as long as she can sell it.  

• Love 1

That would be amazing if Jonathon makes it that far because he has to have a huge target on his well defined and totally amazing abs. I mean back. totally his back. Which is nice to look at to. 

Excuse me while I revert back to Neanderthal days....

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I honestly won't be surprised if at least some of this list is wrong.  Aside from the person that Russell spoiled to, I don't think there's ever been spoilers that were 100% accurate.  I am kind of seeing how MaryAnne might be being set up as the winner, though.  She's been made the most recognizable contestant so far, if you follow Survivor on Twitter the majority love her and want to protect her at all costs, her edit is endearing (I know many think she's too much, but you get what the show is trying to go for), and she talked last night about Zach and being rejected with love.  I just think these are all components that could be setting up her arc.  Plus, it's still so early and she's been to one TC so far, so who knows what her game will be like down the road.  I just don't think you can trust the editing so much anymore, and obviously press photos and screen caps only get you so much.  

I also think, if Swati and Daniel are pre-merge, we may have seen them setting themselves up last night for their perspective boots.

• Love 1
(edited)

Posting this here in case any spoilers get posted in the comments.  Here's a few pics from the challenge this week.  It looks like there's a time gap in the press photos during the challenge between Taku and the other two pictures taken.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpoiledSurvivor/comments/th5pwr/42speculation_press_photos_time_difference/

Also, I posted this in the previews thread, but I wonder if there's a double boot this week?  This was the episode description: 

“Go for the Gusto” – One tribe attempts to recover after drawing a line in the sand at tribal council. Also, a castaway goes on a journey and must make a decision that could change their game, and one tribe stacks their way to victory, earning immunity and a fruitful reward, on the CBS Original series SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*

The first line doesn't seem like it'd apply to any aftermath from Marya's vote, unless someone was upset over having to vote for her (maybe Lindsey).  But we didn't really see anything that would constitute drawing a line in the sand.  And then the "one tribe" line.  

ETA: So some speculation I've seen on Reddit.  In the press photos there's a shot of Jonathan on the ladder during the challenge that's time stamped 20 minutes ahead of the next challenge shot of Ika and Vitai on their mats doing that portion of the challenge.  Since a double boot isn't being advertised, the theory is that Taku is so far ahead of the other tribes (one of whom we saw struggling in the water), that maybe they are still in the water by the time Taku finishes the challenge, so Jeff just has everyone come out of the water and start the challenge on land.  That could be his "never done this in the history of Survivor."

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

If the bootlist holds up (and right now it's doing pretty good, complete with the minor details of Marya playing her shot in the dark and Jenny's TC being chaos), I wonder if Taku stays tight, and Romeo and Mike flip on their remaining tribe members and go with Taku at the merge.  I think there's still a chance that some boots might be wrong, but I believe for the most part this will be how the season plays out.  I can see how MaryAnne pulls off a win over Mike and Romeo, especially if they do flip and we have some bitter jurors.  

Edited by LadyChatts
42 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

If the bootlist holds up (and right now it's doing pretty good, complete with the minor details of Marya playing her shot in the dark and Jenny's TC being chaos), I wonder if Taku stays tight, and Romeo and Mike flip on their remaining tribe members and go with Taku at the merge.  I think there's still a chance that some boots might be wrong, but I believe for the most part this will be how the season plays out.  I can see how MaryAnne pulls off a win over Mike and Romeo, especially if they do flip and we have some bitter jurors.  

I can see some boots being wrong, but at this point I see most of these boots working out the way that was said. I read a rumor that each tribe goes into the merge or fake merge with 4 members each which is 12 total. Which means that Vati must lose one more member and Ika loses one member.

It looks like Taku runs the game post merge. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

I can see some boots being wrong, but at this point I see most of these boots working out the way that was said. I read a rumor that each tribe goes into the merge or fake merge with 4 members each which is 12 total. Which means that Vati must lose one more member and Ika loses one member.

It looks like Taku runs the game post merge. 

Yeah, and Swati and especially Daniel going next from their tribes makes a lot of sense.  The merge portion might be where things get funky, but I can believe this order.  If Mike goes into the merge with Hai and Chanelle, I could see him turning on Hai (especially since, according to this, Hai outlasts Chanelle), and Romeo turning on Tori and Rocksroy.  Assuming that's what happens, but I can see it, and it'd make sense how Taku stays intact until the final 6.  I thought I'd be disappointed by the pre-merge boots, but I think I'm going to be more sorry by the post-merge portion.

I will be disappointed if Jonathan goes out due to losing the F4 fire challenge.  I am curious what exactly this fake merge is going to entail.  I heard something about a mutiny, which maybe that's what this is, the fake merge.  I just wonder if it's going to be similar to Thailand's fake merge.   

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I will be disappointed if Jonathan goes out due to losing the F4 fire challenge.

Any more info on this?

I would expect him to be a (literally) huge target after the merge because of his physical abilities, but we don't know if he is any good at puzzles, or how his social and strategic game are. so an immunity run is not assured.  Does he make it to the F4?

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

Any more info on this?

I would expect him to be a (literally) huge target after the merge because of his physical abilities, but we don't know if he is any good at puzzles, or how his social and strategic game are. so an immunity run is not assured.  Does he make it to the F4?

According to these spoilers, yes.  Taku seems pretty tight and they may consider it to their advantage to stick together at the merge, especially if the other tribes come in fractured.  Jonathan may also seem like a huge target so he could be a shield to keep around for the time being.  I'm still skeptical that the exact merge order is going to hold up, but I think at least the next two boots are probably accurate.

• Love 1

Thinking of the spoilers, I think the only way Romeo gets to F3 is if he finds the 3rd part of the three part idol.  MaryAnne and Mike have the other 2 parts and they go to the end….so it might actually make a difference this season.  

There is another F3 spoiler floating around, FWIW.  This one has Lindsey (winner), Mike, and Omar.  MaryAnne's edit makes sense as someone who could win, but also someone that they are setting up as the sentimental fan favorite that gets booted right at the end game (this spoiler has MaryAnne going in 6th, Jonathan 5th, and Romeo 4th).  

If the previews in the premiere episode are to be believed, it looks like Tori finds that idol on her camp.  However, I assume like last season there will be other advantages out there.  Liana's 'steal the advantage'-maybe Romeo gets something like that, and takes someone's idol, uses it on himself at TC?  I still think it's possible he is the last one standing from Ika, because he was seen as less of a threat, and more of a goat as the game goes on.  I think Mike, too, may join with the Taku 4 when he realizes he isn't going to have the numbers at the merge. 

On 3/25/2022 at 4:23 AM, DEL901 said:

Thinking of the spoilers, I think the only way Romeo gets to F3 is if he finds the 3rd part of the three part idol.  MaryAnne and Mike have the other 2 parts and they go to the end….so it might actually make a difference this season.  

You could be exactly right. In a press photo for next week's episode, it looks like Romeo might be reciting the phrase for his Beware advantage.  

I haven't gone back to check but some redditors are saying that in episode 1 it's actually a voiceover of Maryanne reading the potato phrase off her advantage paper in that scene with Tori. I guess we'll find out soon enough, lol. But Romeo finding the 3rd Beware advantage would certainly give a nice symmetry to the F3.

ETA: Maryanne's voiceover of the potato phrase is in the "first look" trailer, not episode 1. The same scene was shown in the intro to episode 1 with a different voiceover that sounds a lot like Tori's. Strange!

Edited by kassandra8286
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

There is another F3 spoiler floating around, FWIW.  This one has Lindsey (winner), Mike, and Omar.  MaryAnne's edit makes sense as someone who could win, but also someone that they are setting up as the sentimental fan favorite that gets booted right at the end game (this spoiler has MaryAnne going in 6th, Jonathan 5th, and Romeo 4th).  

If the previews in the premiere episode are to be believed, it looks like Tori finds that idol on her camp.  However, I assume like last season there will be other advantages out there.  Liana's 'steal the advantage'-maybe Romeo gets something like that, and takes someone's idol, uses it on himself at TC?  I still think it's possible he is the last one standing from Ika, because he was seen as less of a threat, and more of a goat as the game goes on.  I think Mike, too, may join with the Taku 4 when he realizes he isn't going to have the numbers at the merge. 

Yeah, I read that spoiler too. Has there been anything with Lindsey that suggests a winner's edit, though? She's in a good position within her tribe and she has an alliance that I can see taking her far into the merge. She's someone to keep an eye on.

I think Tori does find the idol based on the previews in the first episode, but that could have been someone else's voice saying the phrase. Romeo will know she has it, and I can see him taking it if he has the "steal the advantage".

Edited by TVFan1
(edited)
1 hour ago, TVFan1 said:

Yeah, I read that spoiler too. Has there been anything with Lindsey that suggests a winner's edit, though? She's in a good position within her tribe and she has an alliance that I can see taking her far into the merge. She's someone to keep an eye on.

I think Tori does find the idol based on the previews in the first episode, but that could have been someone else's voice saying the phrase. Romeo will know she has it, and I can see him taking it if he has the "steal the advantage".

If the merge boot order holds up, then Ika and Vitai pretty much get picked off up until the final 6, and Taku stay strong.  I would make sense for Lindsey to target Hai and Drea because of the amulet advantage-and she may be in the best position to do it after the merge.  They are supposed to go back to back, according to the spoiler.  That's why I wonder if Romeo and Mike jump ship and join Taku.  Mike probably doesn't have any real allies left.  Jenny said in her post show interviews Hai and Lydia didn't want to work with Mike.  Daniel is supposed to be gone pre-merge, but I doubt Mike would have any interest in working with him anymore.  That would leave Chanelle, but she's the merge boot (allegedly).  

I haven't seen anything to indicate Lindsey as a winner yet, but Erika's edit was so quiet last season that many elsewhere online refused to believe she could be the winner.  So who knows.  Marya said in her post-show interviews that Lindsey talked a lot, so between her and MaryAnne, it was never really peaceful at camp.  I don't know that Lindsey has come off so great, but the fact that they are leaving that out maybe is to make her look good.  Heck, they didn't even seem to paint her as part of the Jonathan/Omar/MaryAnne vote against Marya until this past week when she made it clear they were a foursome.  The only thing that maybe foreshadows something was about MaryAnne and knowing about her idol and extra vote-maybe she backstabs her and her alliance in the future?  That could explain if MaryAnne and Jonathan go in 6th and 5th.  As Jeff loves to say "we're in a new era of Survivor", which I also think means a new era in editing.  I'm not so sure there's such a thing as a traditional winner's edit anymore, especially after last season.

Some people actually think Zach is behind the spoilers this season-either himself posting them, or he told someone, and that's why they are so detailed oriented so far.

Edited by LadyChatts

I think the spoilers about Lindsay winning are just to throw people off on the spoiler person who has the most accurate boot list. I think that Lindsay's a good player, but I feel like the edit has actually foreshadowed Maryanne being the one to turn on Taku. I just think back to episode 2, when Jonathan and Omar are talking about how them and Lindsay are the closest. This probably still remains true, and Maryanne is on the outside of their tribe. So her turning on those three as a result of seeing how close they are is a smart move. And starting that takedown right at 6, before they're overpowered, makes total sense. I wonder if Lindsay plays her idol at six (perhaps due to Drea revealing that Lindsay has an idol as she's voted out the tribal council before), which is why Omar goes, and why she goes out fifth (and I imagine Jonathan wins both F6 and F5 immunity as a result). 

With how detailed the Boot List Spoiler Person has been thus far, I do think they're more right than wrong, and the spoiler about Lindsay feels like a counterstrike rather than a legit "actually, this is what happened". 

I just see a path for Maryanne winning more than Lindsay, just based on the edit. But I don't discount Lindsay winning, because she seems like more UTR than anything. And, very true on her edit being similar to Erika's. I just don't know if they'd edit both winners with a quieter edit pre-merge in back-to-back seasons.  

(edited)

Lindsey said something last night that had my interest.  After the RC, Jonathan said he knows he's just a shield for everyone and she replied "me too."  Now, behind Jonathan I would probably agree that Lindsey is the strongest person at Taku.  But it hasn't really been highlighted at the challenges, which have all been Jonathan.  So I don't know if that's going to mean anything down the road or not.

For argument's sake, let's say the bootlist stays completely accurate after the merge.  Taku makes it intact all the way to the final 6, where Lindsey and Omar are voted off in 6th and 5th place.  So either an advantage comes into play that leads to their demise, or they are turned on.  Considering Romeo and Mike are the last two non-Taku members, they are likely desperate, and someone from Taku may be looking to make a move.  MaryAnne would make sense.  Or maybe Lindsey tries to take out one of the Taku members and it gets back to them, so they blindside her.  There's a few possibilities there, but if this is true something must happen to make Taku break apart.

I won't be surprised if there's some boots wrong at the merge, but I do think Vitai and Ika get picked off by Taku, and I can see Mike and Romeo turning on their former tribes.  Last night Drea's long pause at TC and the discussion of the dysfunction in their group may be leading to Romeo jumping ship when he can.  And Mike's closest allies were Daniel, Jenny, and Chanelle, but he wouldn't have any real reason to trust Chanelle anymore.  Daniel is predicted as the next to go, which makes a lot of sense.

The only path I see for Lindsey so far is from episode 3, when MaryAnne revealed she had an extra vote, and she found the idol.  Lindsey said something about using that to her advantage or turning on MaryAnne down the road.  I do agree that it'd be interesting if they gave another winner a quiet edit like Erika.  That's why I'm leaning towards a MaryAnne win, because they are definitely editing her as a fan favorite, and her win would likely be well received.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

The only path I see for Lindsey so far is from episode 3, when MaryAnne revealed she had an extra vote, and she found the idol.  Lindsey said something about using that to her advantage or turning on MaryAnne down the road.  I do agree that it'd be interesting if they gave another winner a quiet edit like Erika.  That's why I'm leaning towards a MaryAnne win, because they are definitely editing her as a fan favorite, and her win would likely be well received.  

I'd hope that the show would have seen the backlash on 41's editing and corrected it for 42. 

42 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Last night Drea's long pause at TC and the discussion of the dysfunction in their group may be leading to Romeo jumping ship when he can.

With how Romeo supposedly gets zero votes and was never considered as a threat to win, it could be a case of Romeo turning on his tribe OR it's a case of him being too loyal and watching his allies go back-to-back. 

Romeo getting to third with zero votes is the most intriguing aspect. I can't decide whether it's because he makes some snakey moves that get people to turn on him and not want to vote for him, or if it's because he doesn't really do anything and becomes someone that people can drag to the end. 

(edited)

There's some speculation on Sucks and Reddit that it's actually Drea, not Tori, who finds Ika's idol.  Next week's episode title is "I'm Survivor Rich", and since Drea already has two advantages, maybe she gets the quote because she finds the idol.  

I will be surprised if Ika's idol isn't found next week, because it's the episode before the merge/fake merge.  I hope it is, because I want to see whether Mike finally says his phrase or not if he realizes that MaryAnne and someone at Ika have theirs.    

Edited by LadyChatts

I want all three to have the idol and think that it is a merge and that the idols are activated. Then I want one of them to play it at Tribal and find out it wasn't activated because it wasn't a merge. 

I want it to be Mike who is screwed by this since he is the one not saying his phrase because he wants it to activate at the merge

• Love 3
(edited)

Lydia, Chantel, Rocksroy & Tori (in split tribal like Evvie and Nassier), Tori, Hai, Drea, Omar, Lindsay, Jonathan, Romeo, Mike, MARYANNE

I'm quoting my above post, but since the merge (sort of) is happening next week, this is the presumed order.  Lydia would be the last pre-juror.  I'm kind of having second thoughts about MaryAnne winning after tonight, and Lindsay getting the slightest uptick in edit.  Not knowing when idols, advantages, or a shot in the dark that works is played, it's hard to say what leads to the events of the merge.  But if it's true that Taku makes it to the final 6 in tact, then I can believe people are flipping.  Tori mentioned flipping on her tribe tonight, and I think Chanelle is going to overplay her game.  Tonight she voted for Mike, but there was no explanation for why the vote went the way it did, and Mike and her looked surprised at the tie.  I think Hai either overplays his hand, or is just unlucky with numbers.  This is why it's hard to base it on edit right now who has the winner's thing going on, though there are some people I feel can be ruled out.  

Lindsay has every reason to want Hai and Drea out.  I'm curious if Drea goes out with all her advantages unused, or if that leads to some of the respective boots.  If they have the same advantage Liana got last season that gave her the ability to steal an idol or advantage, I almost see that being used against Drea.    

I'm curious what Romeo does that makes everyone not respect him, if he is one of the finalists.  His backstory package was different compared to some of the others that we've seen.  

Edited by LadyChatts

I assume it's a typo, unless there's some advantage where she re-enters the game, and is promptly voted off again.

I was thinking about the edit last night, and wonder if this is foreshadowing to anything.  Chanelle once again appeared to go it alone by voting for Mike (for whatever reason), and on top of her trying to keep her vote and get the extra vote at the summit (but winding up with neither when she left), I think she definitely overplays her hand and gets herself voted off.  It's possible that Mike and Hai turn on her, too.

Drea's comments about being the better female player because she is sitting on three advantages had me intrigued.  And Romeo saying he'd carry the torch for her made me wonder if he turns on her, or somehow Drea misplays all of her advantages (or is voted out with all of them unused).  Tori saying she wasn't into the whole Ika 4 and would turn on them makes me also think she gets outplayed and blindsided.  

I kind of think Ika and Vitai are more likely to turn on each other at the merge over Taku, so that might explain how Taku gets through to the final 6.  I do think that, if MaryAnne is the winner, we'll see a more clever side of her at the merge.  She has the extra vote, which has been brought up by her tribe more than her, so maybe she uses that and it keeps all the Taku members in the game.  In addition, Omar/Lindsay/Jonathan could try to turn on her at the final 6, but she uses her idol and gets Omar out-and then teams up with Mike and Romeo to get Lindsay out.

This is, of course, going along with the bootlist being accurate.      

• Love 1
(edited)

I was thinking about Drea, too, with the amulet advantage.  Lindsay also holds that power, and knows Drea has it.  If she uses this advantage after Hai is out, Drea wouldn't have that advantage anymore.  I just feel like Drea and Romeo's comments from this last episode are going somewhere with her idol and advantages.

MaryAnne is a good guess, too.  I can see that, especially with Lindsay's comment about MaryAnne's idol being an advantage for all of them or using it against her.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
(edited)

The hourglass twist is back, with a slight tweak (if you want to call it that):

And here's a screen shot of one of the new tribes at the merge-looks like MaryAnne, Tori, Hai, Lydia, Jonathan are on a team, which would leave Romeo, Mike, Chanelle, Omar, and Drea on the other team.  If Lydia is the next boot, then either they win this challenge and she gets screwed by the hourglass twist, or the hourglass twist isn't used.  I'm really curious, though, why Lydia?  If the other options are Jonathan, MaryAnne, and Hai, wouldn't it make sense to get Jonathan out?   

If you scroll further down in this post, there's a link to Omar's twitter with the new promo, and that shows Lindsey and Rocksroy as the sit outs.  So if it's like last season, one person goes to exile and has the option to change the previous events.  The other goes with the winning tribe.  In addition, Tori (!) has an immunity necklace around her neck.  

Rocksroy is believed to be the one who gets sent to exile.  If it wasn't his choice to go, then I can understand him being upset and changing the outcome of the challenge out of spite.  This might also explain why he's one of the next to go after Lydia.  He doesn't have any allies as it is, and this isn't going to help.  But people at Sucks are saying that possibly it's Romeo who actually is exiled (that he volunteered to take Rocksroys place)?  Which could also make sense, if he smashes the hourglass, since he's rumored to have no respect from the other players, and that's why he (allegedly) gets zero votes at the FTC.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

If the boot order is right and it is Lydia, which means orange gets victimized by the time glass.  

I thought for sure the boot list was going to be wrong tonight.  Lindsey is one of the only other names I've seen floated around as a winner, but not sure I'm seeing that after tonight.  She just doesn't seem very likable, and hasn't made any big moves.  MaryAnne is being portrayed as likable, and took a big risk tonight not playing her idol.  I also thought the back and forth between Drea tonight, and Jeff asking her about just being herself is leading to her winning.  

Chanelle is the next to go, based on the spoiler list, and I can see it.  I still won't be surprised if some of the boots are in the wrong order, but I think Hai, Rocksroy, Tori, Chanelle-all rumored to go next-are being set up.  Getting vibes as to how Romeo ended up a final 3 zero vote getter and not being well liked.  Can also see where Mike maybe gets too overconfident, and loses.  But he's maybe the only other one left I could see winning.  Omar got a great edit tonight.

• Love 1

Yeah, I’m now a firm believer in this bootlist and Maryanne being the winner. She got the classic winners edit tonight. First her confessional of her advantages and how people wanted to work with her and she had to figure out what was best for her (FINALLY sounding like an actual strategic player and not a “character”), and then the back and forth with Drea at TC about game philosophies. I think that was shown to highlight how she wins. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Yeah, I’m now a firm believer in this bootlist and Maryanne being the winner. She got the classic winners edit tonight. First her confessional of her advantages and how people wanted to work with her and she had to figure out what was best for her (FINALLY sounding like an actual strategic player and not a “character”), and then the back and forth with Drea at TC about game philosophies. I think that was shown to highlight how she wins. 

Agree. She emphasized her loyalty.  That gets votes at the end.  

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I thought for sure the boot list was going to be wrong tonight.  Lindsey is one of the only other names I've seen floated around as a winner, but not sure I'm seeing that after tonight.  She just doesn't seem very likable, and hasn't made any big moves.  MaryAnne is being portrayed as likable, and took a big risk tonight not playing her idol.  I also thought the back and forth between Drea tonight, and Jeff asking her about just being herself is leading to her winning.  

Chanelle is the next to go, based on the spoiler list, and I can see it.  I still won't be surprised if some of the boots are in the wrong order, but I think Hai, Rocksroy, Tori, Chanelle-all rumored to go next-are being set up.  Getting vibes as to how Romeo ended up a final 3 zero vote getter and not being well liked.  Can also see where Mike maybe gets too overconfident, and loses.  But he's maybe the only other one left I could see winning.  Omar got a great edit tonight.

I have no reason to not believe the rest of this boot list either. Every single boot has happened as stated. I agree with you that some of these boots might be out of order, but I think the final 3 of Romeo, Mike, and Maryanne is correct and Maryanne does win it all.