Type keyword(s) to search

Survivor 42 Spoilers

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Looking at the sneak peeks for this week, I feel like they are kind of Omar heavy.  And yeah, I'd say Hai is a goner but maybe we'll be surprised.  Mike isn't happy he didn't tell Rocksroy he was going home and that he went along with Hai's plan, so Omar is going to use that little division to try and break up Mike/Hai, which would leave Mike as the last remaining member of his original tribe.  I think Hai is going to get too crazed with power and cause his own demise, but the boot order has been so accurate I've ready to be thrown a curve ball lol  And could Lindsay finally have her big breakthrough moment?  She feels that Jonathan playing poorly in the game reflects on her gameplay, which I thought was an interesting take.  But she's also confiding this in Omar, which is why this episode seems like Omar will be in the middle of things.  Lindsey/Omar were part of the other rumored final 3 with Mike, so maybe this week will start giving that one legs.  However, if Lindsey is the winner I hope they give her something soon.  She's so UTR right now.

I do think it'll be Hai this week but somehow I'm leaning towards Drea going next week being wrong.  I guess we'll see what this week's episode and next week's previews show us.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Brendan Birch said:

If that other F3 is the true one, I don't believe that Lindsay wins unless everyone ends up being angered at how badly they're getting played by Omar.  He's getting so much of a "mastermind" type of edit that I feel like if that F3 is true, he's the one who could win in that unless the others feel that betrayed by him.

At the same time, this could be setting up how Omar and Lindsay end up going down.  But depending on what happens tomorrow, this could also be setting up their appearance in the F3.

But for now, I still mostly believe the first F3 with Maryanne, Mike, and Romeo.

I'm sticking with that final 3 until it's proven wrong.  And in the alternate F6, Romeo goes out 4th as the fire making loser, which I don't feel his edit is showing.  Jonathan vs Mike makes more sense since they are being shown as a tight pair and feel they are targets for being strong men.  

Here is a possible scenario where maybe Lindsey winds up in the final 3 and possibly wins.  We see in the previews this week she doesn't want her game to be reflected by Jonathan.  Now, we'll have to wait and see where that goes.  However, we have seen that Lindsey has some chip on her shoulder about MaryAnne.  She may think that MaryAnne is too likable to beat, and since MaryAnne doesn't have her idol anymore, Lindsey could take her out.  Even if no one else was onboard, or if they were targeting Lindsey, she'd have the amulet advantage which becomes an idol once Drea and Hai are gone, right?  This week has my curiosity pegged.  Her winning might also explain the weird edit she's gotten where things are thrown in out of nowhere, but I'm not sure how she can use that to her advantage.  Like, Jonathan was a comp beast in group challenges, but not so much individually.  Lindsey hasn't been, either.  

Some posters on Sucks noticed that recent ousted castaways had things that were clearly edited in their interviews when talking about Omar, which seems to indicate Omar lost.  It appears, too, that the ousted castaways didn't realize how good of a game Omar played until watching it back.  Now, Omar doesn't seem like someone that would bumble his way through a FTC.  I think he's very eloquent and could easily explain his game moves.  What might hurt him, though, is being seen as a traitor for playing two sides of the game.  He may be responsible for Hai's boot, and according to Chanelle, Hai was an emotional player.  Yet MaryAnne seems close to Omar, so unless they feel betrayed by him, I can't believe he'd get absolutely zero votes in a FTC.  And some speculation at Sucks is that he never made it to Ponderosa to explain his game, but since he's voted off so late, would anyone care about what he was doing in the game?  Would he really explain to everyone 'hey, you totally would have voted for me in the end because here's how I played'?  Everyone else that's been voted off is probably wondering what led to Omar's demise and wondering what's going on in the game.  I guess we'll see what this week brings.  I still think MaryAnne has the better edit to win, and her winning against Mike and Romeo makes more sense than Lindsey winning against Omar.   

• Love 2
(edited)

They have?  Oh, yeah.  That usually does seem to point to a loss.  In China, several ousted castaways said that Amanda, too, which ended up pointing to her loss to Todd, who'd pretty much done very little throughout the game while she'd done plenty.  If this is true about Omar, then maybe it isn't good for his chances.

That would make me happy, of course, but I'm wondering how she actually pulls it off.  I'm trying to point to one thing she does that would sway a jury to her side over Mike and Romeo.  Don't get me wrong.  Strong social games are good, and it appears that she's playing that part of the game well, and it wouldn't make me cry if she wins on social game.  I just hope that there's some kind of strategic move that she makes that can put herself over the top, as well.

What might have done it for Mike is his whole 'my word is sacred'.  Even if he didn't like that Rocksroy was going home, not only did he vote for him, but he also didn't tell him.  I also think his emotional style of gameplay and being stubborn about sticking to votes is going to be his downfall.  I'm curious to see how it goes down with Hai.  Since he's an emotional player too, he might be super betrayed by Mike.  Especially if it's another case where Mike votes for him but doesn't tell him that the vote is coming.

Romeo, I'm not exactly sure what he's done to rub people the wrong way.  I feel like he was in good with Ika, but since the merge he got dumped by Drea.  Personally, I find him likable and think he's playing a decent game.  And he's really going it alone.  But maybe that's what does it, no one was really aligned with him, so they figure he just rode coattails to get to the end.  

MaryAnne I think is likable and honestly playing a better game than we are probably seeing.  Things she's said make me think she's more aware of what's going on and how to play to people's emotions to gain favor.  

As for Omar, I'm not exactly sure what Sucks posters picked up on.  They noticed in the Gordon Holmes videos I think that there was a point with both Rocks and Tory that whatever they were saying about Omar was taken out, but it was something to indicate he loses.  I guess we'll see after this week.  Seeing Omar and Lindsey together in the sneak peek didn't completely make me think anything was up, as they are in an alliance together, and Omar seems to be trying to keep up with everyone.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

Apologize in advance if this has already been revealed, but does anyone know if the winner will be announced "live" as in previous seasons, or will the winner be revealed on the show as they did last year?? 

10 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

On the island.  Because of COVID, they're not going to be doing live shows for quite a while.

I’ll be surprised if they ever go back to live shows.  It probably saves money doing it this way, and I think Jeff liked it last season having the winner revealed right there and immediately having a mini reunion.  While it sucks for the pre-jury that they aren’t there, it’s not like Jeff ever talked much to them anyway (although this season might have been the exception).

• Love 3
(edited)

Hmm. . . . Interesting how one of the supposed F3s went on this reward together.  Mean anything?

I was just coming here to say, could this be the start of the Lindsey/Mike/Omar final 3?  Maybe Lindsey gets credit for game moves that Omar did, and that's why the cast is surprised at his gameplay?  I have to say I'd be kind of disappointed with a Lindsey win at this point.  She's been too UTR in edit for my liking. 

Anyway, seeing more and more how Mike loses.  I'm not entirely sure about how Lindsey has looked this episode.  She didn't see an idol, she told Mike and Omar about the amulet (which may or may not hurt her).

Now I'm wondering if she steals Drea's vote next episode, Drea takes Mike's idol, but maybe it really isn't active because he broke the rules?  Which I feel like would suck for Drea because it wasn't her fault he was being an idiot.

Some more thoughts as we move into next week:

Maybe Drea does go home as rumored.  If it’s do or die, she might play it and lose, and that could explain why she leaves with all her advantages.   However, I still think she could get too overconfident.  Lindsey has every reason in the world to want her gone now that Hai left.  We also saw her name brought up in the previews.

As for the alternate final 3s, I’ll start with the one that had MaryAnne winning.  She found an idol, and assuming no one finds out and she doesn’t play it at the next TC, that could be ammunition for her to play it at the final 6 and get Omar out.  Omar’s luck may have just run out at that point.  I think he’s showing how he’s overplaying his hand.  Romeo voted Jonathan tonight, and if Omar told him that Jonathan was going home so that’s why he voted that way, then that could turn him against Omar.  MaryAnne also has the extra vote, so she could bring Romeo in and they would have 3 votes to M/L/J 3 votes.  Splitting the vote for those 3 would make no sense, and if they don’t believe MaryAnne has the idol they may not even think of doing so.  So basically, Romeo and MaryAnne could get Omar.  Or maybe Lindsey plays her idol, which she'll have at that point if Drea is gone, so Omar goes home on rocks?  I don't know, Omar seems like a more likely target than Lindsey.

That said, I really don’t see how Omar loses in a final 3 to Lindsey.  People in the jury must either not respect his game or Lindsey must do something super spectacular to get all the votes except one, if that's true about Mike getting one vote.  I just can’t believe Omar gets zero votes.  It’s interesting that Lindsey is afraid her game will be tied to Jonathan’s, and if he plays poorly people will think she’s playing poorly.  But she missed an idol tonight, shared vital info with Omar and Mike who could use it against her-I don’t know, I’m just not seeing a path for her yet.  Though we will see next week.  The final 4 alliance clip in the preview that showed Drea in with those 3 was interesting. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Nah, I'm seeing something else getting set up now after watching the end-of-episode preview.  Mike is forming a F4 alliance with Drea, Omar, and Lindsay, supposed the next three to go.  I wonder if something happens to pull Mike away from them and get him to join in whoever targets either Drea or Lindsay?  That would explain Drea, Omar, and Lindsay going out at F7, F6, and F5.

Yeah, I can see Mike flipping….he’ll want to team with Jonathan and he will think Romeo and MaryAnne are easy to win against.  

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Nah, I'm seeing something else getting set up now after watching the end-of-episode preview.  Mike is forming a F4 alliance with Drea, Omar, and Lindsay, supposed the next three to go.  I wonder if something happens to pull Mike away from them and get him to join in whoever targets either Drea or Lindsay?  That would explain Drea, Omar, and Lindsay going out at F7, F6, and F5.

A truly radical idea is that Jonathan joins MaryAnne, Romeo, and her extra vote at the final 6, thinking he's being left out of the other group (in the L/M/O final 3 sceanrio, Jonathan goes in 5th).  I really find it unlikely that this could happen, but they've been shown as adversaries so maybe they play nice.  Because if MaryAnne booted Omar at the final 6, that still leaves her and Romeo vulnerable at the final 5 if Jonathan flipped back.  And only one of them can immunity, but for argument's sake let's say MaryAnne still has her idol at the final 5.  Maybe she plays it there?  It's possible Jonathan finds out about Omar/Mike/Lindsey-maybe Omar's big mouth does him in.

Unless Mike thinks that going with MaryAnne and Romeo increases his odds at the final 3.  Maybe he finds out that Omar lied to him about Hai?

The only reason I still have faith in the M/M/R final 3 is that Romeo does not scream fire making final 4 loser.  He screams 'guy who's always on the wrong side of the vote because no one ever tells him anything because they have no respect for him' final 3 FTC no vote getter.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

It's interesting that L/M/O just happen to be the other rumored final 3 and we saw them together tonight.  I do think Lindsey might overplay her hand, like Omar, and get herself ousted.  We'll see next week where this goes, but still not 100% of that final 3.  

I can't wait to read Mike's exit interviews.  I'm actually wondering if people are keeping him around because they trust him, or if they feel he's easy to beat in the end.  Also, whatever happened to him being one of the strong guys like Jonathan, and that's why he wanted to keep him around?  Editing is weird this season.

• Love 2

Fun episode with the dueling final 3/winner spoilers:

Oh, Lindsay, walked right by idol you didn't see, not the winner

Oh, Maryanne, finds idol (winner),  time spent on you promising to keep this idol secret, you spill don't you, not the winner.

Lindsay wins reward, here's her uptick in edit, winner.

Lindsay spills a lot of tea to Omar (also shown talking Jonathan coup literally right next to Jonathan), maybe getting sloppy, not the winner.

Lindsay guns for big move with immunity, pulls back to go with consensus (anti-Jonathan trying to dictate like last week), the winner.

Maryanne, Jenga analogy at tribal, shows Lindsay nodding a lot, Jonathan agreeing (perhaps to stop longwinded analogy), winner.

Lindsay says something about vote to take out obvious power, Jonathan reacts adversely, may be Lindsay misplays power down the road? Loser.  

Wheeeeee!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

I've been thinking it's something simpler than that -- that Mike gets pulled in by Jonathan, Maryanne, and Romeo, for some reason, and either Drea or Lindsay goes out next, whoever is left uses her amulet as an idol for protection, which seals Omar's fate, and the remaining amulet-holding woman closes out that group.  Then, Romeo allegedly wins the F4 Immunity Challenge, and Jonathan's fate gets sealed in the fire-making tiebreaker.

Then, Maryanne, Mike, and Romeo end up as the F3.

Lindsay says something about vote to take out obvious power, Jonathan reacts adversely, may be Lindsay misplays power down the road? Loser.  

Maybe this is what leads to Lindsey's downfall.  She seemed to get too confident too fast, and Omar is playing a very overconfident game.  Maybe Mike realizes that he's been getting played by Omar, and that's when he turns on them?  And Jonathan finds out Lindsey was targeting him, so that leads to her leaving after Omar?

Actually, this is making more sense as to what leads to their demise than them being in the final 3.  I can't believe Mike won't get on shred of redemption before he loses in the final 3.  And that could be confiding in Jonathan what Lindsey and Omar were doing.

I think it is back, when I think of it.  Drea looks very upset and almost distraught in one of her previewed confessionals.  Maybe she ends up being the one stuck with it, and unlike DeShawn from last season, she gets the "die" end of the twist instead of the "do" end.  That could be what sends her out next week, if she's the one to go.

Considering she has advantages for days to take care of her, it would almost make sense she should be completely safe and yet goes out like this.  Which really sucks.  This is such a terrible twist.  I hope it's the last season we see it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

In the alternate final 3, maybe MaryAnne goes home in sixth because she makes the fatal mistake of telling Omar about her idol?  The edit is weird, like MaryAnne seems smarter than she's letting on, but I think Omar has done a good job embedding himself with people.  She may feel like she's going home in sixth and tells Omar about her idol, and then he goes overboard reassuring her they are voting for someone else.  They could say Romeo or Jonathan, as those two have been targeted already.  

However, I still don't see Romeo going out in 4th.  Like, the guy seems like such a loner.  Next to Mike I can't wait to hear his post-show interviews to find out if he's really as alone out there as he's being portrayed to be.  So why not drag him to the final 3?  Unless Mike, Lindsey, and Omar decide to stay strong.  Omar probably thinks he can beat anyone in the final 3.  Mike will probably make his own fatal mistake about how he kept his word to those two and he formed an alliance with them, and then will get called out by Hai and Rocks about his so-called 'word' and handshakes.  And now I'm back to being even more confused lol  At least Mike losing makes sense.  I just don't think Lindsey has gotten a favorable edit, although I think I'm in the minority with not finding her likable.

In season 41, after the hourglass twist, Erika’s edit started improving, showing her strategic side, and how she was influencing votes. I just don’t see that with Lindsey.  

I agree with the above speculation that Drea is probably doomed by the do or die twist.

And in F6, three people have no advantages, Romeo, Omar and Jonathan. Romeo isn’t seen as a threat.   J is tight with Mike, and I think MaryAnne is a very forgiving person and she was so happy J understood her Jenga analogy, so she could be on his side.  Also, J might be safe due to an immunity win and MA and Mike both have idols.  Romeo isn’t on anyone’s radar.  That leaves O and L.  She plays her idol. He goes home.  

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

If Drea goes out, does the KIP advantage go out and stay out, too? There was a rumor that Lindsay got it. Was that it, just a rumor, and not true?

I’m wondering if they re-bury it, she finds it, and takes Mike’s idol.  Assuming no one finds out about MaryAnne’s.  That could piss Mike off  and he could turn on her and Omar.  

Of course since this would be the final 6 where she’d have to find it that’s a very short window.  I’m guessing the spoiler person got this part wrong.  It’s why I think whoever it is was either pre-merge or talked to someone pre-merge since those details were spot on.

FWIW here’s the guy who posted the Lindsey final 3 and what he says happens the rest of the season.  The other guy said there was no do or die this season or no one went home because of it, but this guy says Drea falls victim to it.  One thing he messes up is saying he mixed Lindsey and Jonathan up as going on an impressive immunity run, but is hardly call this an impressive immunity run.  She’s won one and according to him wins one more.  Other women have previously set records.  This person also had no extra details when they first posted this list (compared to the other source who correctly said Marya played her shot in the dark, and Jenny's TC was absolute chaos).  Now all of sudden they have all of this intel.  Most posters at reddit say it's a work of fanfic.  I guess we'll see if anything they saw about next week rings true.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I'm actually wondering more and more what final 3 we are getting.  Hai made some comments in his exit interview that he had no idea what a great game Omar was playing, and said this:

TVLINE | Who’s playing the best game right now and why?
Omar is 100 percent playing the best game. I think though in hindsight, people didn’t notice his game. So if he makes it to the end, he’s going to have to be articulate and explain the moves he made, and that actually might piss a lot of people off. Sending Mike’s closest ally home by telling Mike a lie that never happened… does that warrant respect or will that piss people off? We’ll see.

So I'm confused if this means Omar makes it to the end but people are too bitter at him and Mike that they aren't believing him or listening to him, or if Omar does go out in 6th.  In addition, Hai didn't have a lot of respect for Romeo, and I don't get the impression Romeo was well liked based on other exit interviews (if anything it seems like he just didn't fit in very well).  And his edit hasn't been great, but usually the fire making loser is painted in a better light than Romeo has been.  Even though Jonathan's stock has fallen with fans, I'd still buy him going out by fire when he's been the target because he was seen as some sort of unbeatable Goliath.  Romeo seems like he's been targeted because of his paranoia and having no allies.  I also can't believe that Omar isn't able to articulate well to the jury what he did.  If even Hai was impressed watching back what Omar was able to do with Mike and destroy Hai's game, I can't believe he wouldn't be able to sway the jury his way.

I guess I just don't see what Lindsey has done that warrant her winning.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/7/2022 at 10:18 AM, Brendan Birch said:

Kara, Angela, and Heather were virtual nonentities, so it could happen.

I just feel like Romeo's edit has skewed more negatively than them.  I mean, maybe TPTB didn't have anything good to work with or they didn't want people to care about a person going home after losing to fire (since that's still polarizing to fans).  After seeing the previews for this week, I'm honestly hoping for a Romeo, MaryAnne, Mike final 3 because I want MaryAnne to win over Lindsey.  I still lean towards MaryAnne getting a better winner's edit, and something relatable to viewers.  Seeing those 5 on the beach without MaryAnne and Romeo is like the cool kids vs the outcasts. 

In addition, I feel like that second preview posted above might lean even more into the theory of Romeo sending Mike and Jonathan to fire and being their downfall.  Earlier in the season Romeo said something about Drea and her advantages, and protecting his queen, and that could still apply to MaryAnne and why he takes her to the end.     

This week is going to be an interesting one for Omar.  He's been trying to save MaryAnne and Romeo, and I think MaryAnne at least believes he's on her side.  So now he may finally have to expose his game.  If someone goes home via Do or Die then he might get lucky this week.  And I still think it's possible that he gets idoled out by MaryAnne next week.  I posted a preview in the other thread, but Drea was seen telling Omar something about taking an idol, so maybe she's going to take Mike's?  And if Omar goes back and tells Mike about it, and they pulled a Xander/Liana situation, maybe Drea calls him out?  And then MaryAnne realizes she can't trust him.  The only thing I don't understand with the original boot list is how Lindsey goes home in 5th.  I can see ways Romeo and MaryAnne make it to the final 5 over Omar, but what happens then that Mike and/or Jonathan flip and vote off Lindsey?  

Edited by LadyChatts
24 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

I think it's only Mike who sees them as that.  I didn't hear any of the others trashing Maryanne or Romeo.

I'm starting to wonder if it's Lindsay, not Jonathan, who goes on the immunity run, and she wins the next two Immunity Challenges before getting tossed at F5 (assuming that Maryanne's F3 comes about)?  And then Mike, in his continued display of claiming that his word is gold and then proving the opposite, votes her out with Maryanne and Romeo.  That, and perhaps Jonathan is immune at F5.  That could explain it, perhaps.

Drea was heard saying it in the preview I posted in the other thread.  I think there's a lot of old school mentality with Mike, and that may be why he loses in the end (that, and his whole 'word' thing).  I'm still hoping the original final 3 is right.  And honestly, I'd almost love it if somehow Drea was safe this week and Lindsey went home, although the person who posted the original boot list has been spot on so far with the boots and pre-merge details, so it's probably unlikely that anything is wrong until the final 6.  Then we'll see whose right.  

• Love 1

I'm hoping the original Final 3 is correct. I don't see how Lindsay wins this at all. Seeing Mike lose at FTC will be the most glorious thing to see. 

• Love 3

I have a feeling Drea gets overconfident and is voted out with all her advantages.  

Or the boot order had her and someone else mixed up.  The person who spoiled the boot list said Do or Die wasn't returning this season but has had almost everything else right, but clearly the other person is wrong because Drea is not going out via Do or Die.  I'm still leaning towards the original final 3 after tonight.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I have a feeling Drea gets overconfident and is voted out with all her advantages.  

Or the boot order had her and someone else mixed up.  The person who spoiled the boot list said Do or Die wasn't returning this season but has had almost everything else right, but clearly the other person is wrong because Drea is not going out via Do or Die.  I'm still leaning towards the original final 3 after tonight.

Maybe she doesn’t go because of the Do or Die, but the night of the Do or Die?

3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Maybe she doesn’t go because of the Do or Die, but the night of the Do or Die?

The second boot list person specifically said Drea went out due to playing Do or Die.  I posted above their rundown of the rest of the season up above but many said it represented fanfiction.  I tend to agree.  I'm actually seeing how possibly Omar and Lindsey could be the next two out.  I just think they are setting up MaryAnne's underdog edit to the win.  

The fact that Drea said she's rooting for Lindsey makes me think she's not making it to the end.  

1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

The second boot list person specifically said Drea went out due to playing Do or Die.  I posted above their rundown of the rest of the season up above but many said it represented fanfiction.  I tend to agree.  I'm actually seeing how possibly Omar and Lindsey could be the next two out.  I just think they are setting up MaryAnne's underdog edit to the win.  

The fact that Drea said she's rooting for Lindsey makes me think she's not making it to the end.  

Yeah.  That’s a curse.   Lindsey like uses her amulet idol next week so Omar goes.  

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Well, with Drea outing Omar on her way out, I can see people trusting him less, knowing how much of a snake he is now.

I'm leaning towards Mike getting Omar out, which would be Omar's fatal mistake for not going for Mike.  In addition, I think it's possible Jonathan gets Lindsey before she gets him.

Looking at the preview for next week, it's possible MaryAnne makes a big move.  She said she's not a "goat to be herded" and tells Romeo something (I wonder if she tells him about her idol).  Hopefully whatever it is Romeo doesn't blow it.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)

I just fail to see how Lindsey has a winner's edit.  It seemed like she had two obsessions in this game-MaryAnne and now Jonathan.  Now, we definitely see how Mike loses, and a case can be made for Omar losing and no one realizing what a great game he really played until watching it back.  But yes, next week will be the test.  I hope the original one is right, I really want a MaryAnne win.  

I also think Drea foreshadowed Mike losing by telling him he deserves to win or however she worded it, and he was like "kiss of death."

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3
(edited)

My feeling is next week MaryAnne may play her idol.  I don't know if she'd get the "goat" TH featured if she ended up being betrayed by Romeo and horribly blindsided.  Of course, I don't know what she discusses with Romeo so maybe it's Mike's plan to vote out Omar.  And if she told Romeo she has an idol and is going to play it, Romeo really would have every reason in the world to blab because that could mean he's going home.  However, MaryAnne also has an extra vote, so along with Romeo that's 3.  If the other 4 split their vote between MaryAnne and Romeo because they learn of MaryAnne's idol, then whoever MaryAnne and Romeo vote for likely go home.  And if it comes out to MaryAnne that Omar has been playing her, Romeo might be mad because that means he's been getting played, too.  Interested to see how it goes next week, and I really hope that the MaryAnne list proves true.  

Also, GOAT is an acronym for "Greatest Of All Time".  So maybe they are hinting at a MaryAnne win when they feature that comment from her?

ETA: Something else that maybe leads to Omar's boot.  For argument's sake, let's say that Lindsey wants Jonathan, but he wins immunity again.  They figure Romeo will assume he's next but either tell him that they are voting for MaryAnne or assume he'll play his shot in the dark, and decide to go after MaryAnne.  They may think that she will feel comfortable since there are four Taku's still in the game.  And she could end up flipping on them.  Maybe when she plays her idol, Lindsey worries and plays hers, which gets her idol out of the game and leads to Omar's boot.  

Of course I'm fully prepared to be disappointed lol 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

That's possible and would be a lot more shocking and mind-blowing than just a simple vote-off.  But it could just be a simple as Maryanne and Romeo making a move against Omar.  Or against someone else that leads to Omar getting booted instead.

I do think it's possible that Mike flips and votes out Omar.  He may consider him a threat to win, and think that MaryAnne and Romeo are easier to beat.  In addition, maybe he tells Jonathan that Lindsey has been targeting him, which also gets him to flip.  This could explain Lindsey's boot at the final 5.  Assuming that first list is true. 

It seems like they've been setting up Jonathan vs Lindsey, which I still think is a stupid match up.  But one of them is going to get the other out.  And I think back to earlier in the season, when Lindsey talked about getting MaryAnne out because of her idol and extra vote, but didn't know if that could be an advantage to them.  As I said, I'm prepared to be disappointed because all of these scenarios in my head are probably more exciting than what will happen. 

One thing to consider is I think Omar is the only one who hasn't had the personal story moment yet.  More than likely that's coming next week one way or the other, but if they don't show it, then he's likely safe and the second boot list may prove correct. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Lindsey now has an idol and the last time you can use an idol is f5.  No way she goes out fifth with an idol in her pocket, so I thinks she uses it at f6.   And I think Jonathan keeps winning immunity which keeps him around to f4 where Romeo wins immunity. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think what does Mike in in his word to everyone, and he may try to take credit for things that he really didn't do (he may just not be aware of that part yet lol)

I'm really curious what goes down because the preview makes it seem like MaryAnne may be making a big move and is tired of getting bossed around like she's just a number with no game skills.  Her crying about people treating her like a herded goat could be some growth that ends her arc if she gets voted off. 

We know previews can be very misleading and often what we see the opposite happens.  So she may make a big move that backfires because she told the wrong person, or may feel comfortable and is blindsided with her idol.  Mike telling her Omar is next has me intrigued if he really means it, or if it's another 'I'm telling her Omar so she'll vote him but we're really voting her' like he did with Drea tonight.  In all, I'm very curious what the previews lead up to.  Them targeting MaryAnne believing she thinks she'll be safe would make sense, and then her and Romeo blindsided them would be huge for her.

With how it's going I can kind of see how Omar loses, but to get zero votes?  If Lindsey wins maybe she's getting a big breakout finale night or something.  

I think it's very possible if MaryAnne plays her idol next week and Lindsey doesn't have immunity she plays hers, leaving her vulnerable at 5. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2
(edited)

So…so far the one list is correct right?   My only issue is Jonathan coming 4th.  He was my pick.   Certainly not Maryanne who is listed as winner. 

Edited by Meowwww
1 minute ago, Brendan Birch said:

It really depends on who goes next week.  My gut is telling me that the list with Maryanne in the F3 and possibly winning is right, in which case Omar goes next.  But if it's the one with Lindsay in the F3 and possibly winning, then Maryanne goes out next.

But given that the supposedly detailed bootlist that listed everything that happens this week with Drea allegedly going out on the Do or Die twist turned out to be wrong, I'm leaning toward the original F3 being right.

If Maryanne wins, it will be disappointing to me.  She just coasted under the radar of the “real” players. 

• Love 6

My belief is Maryanne makes a big move with Romeo and sends Omar to the jury. I hope the original final 3 is the correct one, too. Seeing Omar go out next would be great. I can't stand him or his cocky attitude.

• Love 2
(edited)

If MaryAnne wins, I actually think she played a good game and deserves it.  She admitted to using her emotions to her advantage, which makes me think a lot of her over the top goofy persona was for show to get people to like her and not think she's capable of making a move.  She's managed to stay under the radar for the most part.  Jonathan admitted that she would have been the next to go from Taku if they hadn't merged, but had nothing ill to say of her, just that she would have been unlucky in the numbers.  Depending what goes down next week she might pull something big off.  If Omar goes I am leaning towards her having help getting rid of him in the form of Mike and/or Jonathan, but she might be the one who orchestrates the move.  Either that or they get Omar out, then she uses her extra vote at the final 5 with Romeo and ousts Lindsey.  Somehow if she wins I think next week will be telling.  The episode title next week is something like "Caterpillar to Butterfly" so that could be a telling quote, depending who gets it. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 8

I think when MaryAnne plays her idol, everyone will be shocked and impressed she managed to keep quiet that she had one.  That could support her being the person referenced in the episode title   

I hate to admit it but I kind of get Lindsey’s challenge frustration with Jonathan.   Lindsey is athletic and great at the challenges.  She isn’t just better than the other women, but could beat most of the men. In most season, she would be a star, but Jonathan’s prowess is so otherworldly that he overshadowed everyone.  

2 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Actually, Lindsay's idol-equivalent amulet dies after F6, not F5.

Then she definitely plays it next week.  Which leaves Omar vulnerable.  

• Love 2

Not that it necessarily means anything, but in Gordon Holmes interview Drea was pretty negative about Maryanne—said she didn’t connect with her, that she was like Romeo and just laid around camp all day.  If Maryanne spoiler true, perhaps Drea is vote against. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

I don't think that that makes any difference.  Of those who made the merge, we never got any of those from Chanelle, Tori, or Drea, either.  I don't think it'll be a big deal if we don't get anything from Omar.

Didn't everyone get those?  I might be wrong, but I could have sworn I remember Chanelle and Tori's personal backstory package.

Maybe the person who spoiled the list is wrong about how many votes Mike gets, and he gets more than 1.  Drea actually surprised me with her praise of Mike and his game.  No one else has had anything good to say about it.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Drea actually surprised me with her praise of Mike and his game.  No one else has had anything good to say about it.

She said in her EW interview that she was trying to warn them about Mike.  And she was trying to warn Jonathan that there were others he should be wary off…she actually wanted to go to the end with him.  

• Love 3
(edited)
52 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

She said in her EW interview that she was trying to warn them about Mike.  And she was trying to warn Jonathan that there were others he should be wary off…she actually wanted to go to the end with him.  

Yeah, I just thought it was interesting because no one else has had much good to say about Mike's game.  And unless something miraculous happens with his edit and the boot list spoilers on both lists are wrong about the winners, he isn't winning.  I'll have to go look at the spoiler and see because I can't remember if it said Mike blew it at FTC and was the original favorite or what.  I still think his whole 'word is my bond' and how he is playing an emotional game is what does him in.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4
On 5/11/2022 at 11:19 PM, Meowwww said:

If Maryanne wins, it will be disappointing to me.  She just coasted under the radar of the “real” players. 

If she wins it is because of her personality. She may be America's favorite but she did nothing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

To be fair to MaryAnne, a lot of contestants win on popularity, or because they were the better choice of the 3, even if they did nothing in the game.  Which I think MaryAnne has actually been playing the game subtly, so it hasn't been big flashy moves.  If the final 3 really does end up being her, Mike, and Romeo (which is what I'm hoping), Romeo clearly loses for a reason, and maybe Mike had an edge but blew it.  I don't see how he can talk about his word when he's sitting in the final 3 with people that he ever gave his word to, and that there are people on the jury he voted out that he did give his word and a handshake to.  We also have heard multiple contestants say he played an emotional game, so he may not be good under pressure in a case like this.

If MaryAnne wins I honestly think something is coming in the next few episodes.  I don't believe she survives if she isn't somewhat vital to the circumstances of voting off Omar and Lindsey.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I got thinking, if the alternate final 3 of Lindsey, Mike, and Omar is true, I wonder if Mike not only blows his own game but tanks Omar's in the process.  He could say "I gave my word to these two", but gets called out by Hai and Rocks, and throws Omar under the bus by blaming him, which maybe takes votes away from him.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I posted this in the preview thread, but wanted to post it here.  Not going to lie, from this promo I'm kind of worried for MaryAnne this week.  She tells Jonathan about taking a risk, so clearly she's bringing someone in to help her oust Omar (if that scenario happens).  Lindsey and Omar are together and Lindsey says something like "this is crazy", which makes me worry that maybe MaryAnne told someone about her idol or concots a plan with Jonathan and it gets back to Lindsey/Omar and somehow the target turns on her.  Or, maybe that's her point so she can surprise them with her idol.  In the merge episode or fake merge episode, Jonathan told someone that he was tight with Lindsey/Omar and they were going to target MaryAnne if they had to go back to TC.  Maybe that was foreshadowing to him actually teaming up with her and turning on those two?  We also saw him say last week he wouldn't mind if Lindsey goes, and the focus with Lindsey's edit is getting Jonathan out.  So could he turn the tables on her?  There was a quick shot of Romeo standing there with MaryAnne and he looks very surprised, which might be from the scene we saw in the previews at the end of last week's episode where she told him that what she was about to say had to stay between them.  

I do think based on the preview that MaryAnne or Omar will go.  At the very least, I think MaryAnne's name is out there.  Omar seems very cocky here, and he does give the ill fated "our plan is foolproof" line, which usually never ends well to whoever says it.  It's possible Jonathan's the target but wins immunity again, so the plan could be to blindside MaryAnne, but she plays her idol and is saved.  The others may not even think about splitting the vote between her and Romeo.   

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I have to believe that Jonathan wins immunity this week because I can’t believe he wouldn’t be voted out.  Lindsey wants him gone so she can be Queen Challenge Bee, and I think it’d take a lot of convincing to get her to not vote for him if he didn’t win immunity.  

So here’s a couple of theories regarding both boot lists.  If the alt bootlist is correct, this could explain how Jonathan goes next after MaryAnne if maybe she tries to get him to vote with her and he betrays her, thinking he’s in with the others or can immunity-run his way to the end.  

Although Jonathan knows he’s got a target on his back and might think it’s smarter to vote with MaryAnne’s side, as he may think he can beat her and Romeo easier in immunity challenges.  So this could be how Lindsey goes 5th if the original boot list is correct.  

ETA: Here’s the episode description for this week, which is titled ‘Caterpillar to Butterfly’: “Only six castaways remain, and one is on the wrong side of the vote; one castaway climbs the stairway to victory and wins immunity at tribal council”

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1