Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

SilverStormm

1,000 Pound Best Friends in the Media

I was reading on Reddit to see what's new with the besties, and it said Meghan went on Instagram claiming there was a flood in Tina's home (burst water pipe?) and they needed $2500 to pay the insurance deductible. From what I can understand, the problem started in the basement's bathroom. 

They apparently are not posting any pictures of the damage despite being asked to by donors.  This happened a couple of weeks ago and they raised over the amount they needed but apparently kept the GoFundMe account up. 

They also set up an Amazon wish list and some of the Redditors are saying some of the things they're asking for is suspicious. 

Meghan said they are living in a hotel.

Some Redditors are calling them scammers.  If they are not posting photos of the damage when asked to by potential donors, then something is definitely fishy.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 4

58 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Meghan went on Instagram claiming there was a flood in Tina's home (burst water pipe?) and they needed $2500 to pay the insurance deductible

$2500.00 deductible? Why would anyone ask for that high deductible rate if they know they could not afford it if anything happened? And what are Tina and Meghan doing with their TLC paychecks? 

• Love 4

Maybe the thing to do would be go the TLC homepage, or Facebook page, and point these things out.  I'd think TLC would frown on scamming your viewers.
I went to FB page and mentioned this.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 1

Hey I have an idea..... maybe one or both of them could get a damn JOB.  I'm sure Tina's family is happy they can use their basement again & their fridge isn't being raided all day. 

• Love 1
  • Laugh 2

On 4/28/2022 at 10:55 PM, auntjess said:

I'd think TLC would frown on scamming your viewers.

I don't know if TLC frowns on scammers because they are all in on nefarious bull$hit but the 1000 Pound  Sisters Allegedly had their You Tube videos "deleted and scrubbed" before TLC would sign them on.

Something about Amy claiming Tammy died and needed money for the funeral. Not sure if it was a Go Fund Me or what. TLC is just as disgusting as the "reality" stars they exploit.

• Love 5