Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

Did Victoria’s IG (the @victoriakalina) get hacked again??  She’s back on her other (formerly @dcc_victoria), now @victoriakalina5678 account.  

18 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Did Victoria’s IG (the @victoriakalina) get hacked again??  She’s back on her other (formerly @dcc_victoria), now @victoriakalina5678 account.  

Yes like a few weeks ago 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Yes like a few weeks ago 

These hacker losers that go after all these girls’ IG accounts need to get a life. Seriously. 

Looks like DCC Victoria was Game Day Girl last weekend. She's kind of a teammate mystery to me-I just don't get a sense that she's close to any of the girls. A few will comment on her Insta occasionally, but I don't see that she's besties or super close to anyone. My theory is that some of the rumors of her acting out behaviors her first time around were correct. She took the year off, focused on her behavior through a mental health lens, and came back, but with most of the girls still wary of her from her previous attitude and actions. I feel she probably has made some positive changes, but maybe too little too late?? I did notice that she looks healthier now-she put some needed weight back on and I'm happy for her about that. IMO she had gone too far in her weight loss. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, MirabelMadrigal said:

My theory is that some of the rumors of her acting out behaviors her first time around were correct

I would also say she was Cassie 2.0.  Came in ready to protect the name, the squad, the legacy, etc and didn't appreciate those that didn't, so tattling, giving unwanted feedback and running to Kelli or her mom were probably a big part of her early years.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

DCC Website Update: Some of this year's headshots are now available on the website. Not all members have their new headshots posted though. Kelcey, Jada, Armani, Dani, Megan, Darian, Kaydianna, Madeline, Rebecca, Tori, Kally, Karley, Kylie, and Sophy don't have this year's headshots posted. So hopefully they can fix that.

Previously only the rookie headshots were available (except for Zoe's who's headshot was badly rendered, but now it has been fixed)

Still no squad photo though :(

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
17 hours ago, Chris403 said:

It is 10/08/2023.  Although the show will never be on again, are there any updates on former or current DCC?

What kind of updates are you wanting to know ?

9 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

The DCC Squad reveal video is up:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyUXE7OPPGi/  

I like how they're integrated and the emphasis on Kelcey and Chandi, but I wish they had longer pauses for the names! Some of these ladies I still don't recognize by face. 

Does anybody know the boot buddy families this year?

I don't about about everyone else, but I don't really like the editing style used on this video. I personally like the squad reveal video that they did for 2021 more than this one. 

Also when I saw the video for the first time I thought that maybe, just maybe, we'd get the squad photo as well. But alas, we have to keep waiting for that squad photo to be revealed (which will mostly likely be photoshopped...again)

• Like 3

Thank you to the person on reddit who downloaded the photo from IG cause for some reason (as of the making of this post) they don't have the squad photo on the website yet (seriously you posted it on IG first but didn't make sure to post it on the website too?)

squad-photo-released-v0-tbejemqkx1vb1.thumb.jpg.2c533697507f0508bcddb5a7710c6aa7.jpg

I did predict that the center girl was gonna be either Kelcey or Chandi so I'm not surprised on that. I'm just tired of the photoshopped photos. Like I get it, back in "the olden days" it would take HOURS to shoot the squad photo, but you cannot tell me that cropping everyone's photo and putting them together makes for a better picture than taking it IRL. Like...you just can't. 

Also by making the squad photo not be IRL, you miss the variety in terms of poses for the photo. This photo is an almost EXACT copy of the 2020 squad photo. The only difference being the front row and the corner poses.

vlcsnap-2021-01-12-22h06m43s174.jpg.7931b88853f232c6e4aaf45a02d19556.thumb.jpg.5153f8eed0fa745831cf227920dae8ef.jpg

And you're probably thinking "But the ideal squad number is always gonna be 36, so there's bound to be some overlap" Ok then I present to you the squad photos for the years 2018, 2017, 2014, 2008, and 2003, in these years they had a roster of 36 and yet all of them look different from one another. Nowadays the squad photo looks too symmetrical, too photoshopped, too fake, dull and lifeless. The fact that only three girls (Kelcey, Chandi, and Victoria) have experienced what was supposed to be a DCC tradition (their words not mine) of taking the squad photo IRL is just...sad.

At this point I'm ranting for the sake of ranting (I mean at the end of the day it's just a photo right? so why should I care?) but cameo photos and squad photo are two of the things that I always look forward to every year and I want them to look good. Anyways I sincerely hope they reconsider doing IRL squad photos again and thank you for coming to my TED talk lol.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Thank you to the person on reddit who downloaded the photo from IG cause for some reason (as of the making of this post) they don't have the squad photo on the website yet (seriously you posted it on IG first but didn't make sure to post it on the website too?)

squad-photo-released-v0-tbejemqkx1vb1.thumb.jpg.2c533697507f0508bcddb5a7710c6aa7.jpg

I did predict that the center girl was gonna be either Kelcey or Chandi so I'm not surprised on that. I'm just tired of the photoshopped photos. Like I get it, back in "the olden days" it would take HOURS to shoot the squad photo, but you cannot tell me that cropping everyone's photo and putting them together makes for a better picture than taking it IRL. Like...you just can't. 

Also by making the squad photo not be IRL, you miss the variety in terms of poses for the photo. This photo is an almost EXACT copy of the 2020 squad photo. The only difference being the front row and the corner poses.

vlcsnap-2021-01-12-22h06m43s174.jpg.7931b88853f232c6e4aaf45a02d19556.thumb.jpg.5153f8eed0fa745831cf227920dae8ef.jpg

And you're probably thinking "But the ideal squad number is always gonna be 36, so there's bound to be some overlap" Ok then I present to you the squad photos for the years 2018, 2017, 2014, 2008, and 2003, in these years they had a roster of 36 and yet all of them look different from one another. Nowadays the squad photo looks too symmetrical, too photoshopped, too fake, dull and lifeless. The fact that only three girls (Kelcey, Chandi, and Victoria) have experienced what was supposed to be a DCC tradition (their words not mine) of taking the squad photo IRL is just...sad.

At this point I'm ranting for the sake of ranting (I mean at the end of the day it's just a photo right? so why should I care?) but cameo photos and squad photo are two of the things that I always look forward to every year and I want them to look good. Anyways I sincerely hope they reconsider doing IRL squad photos again and thank you for coming to my TED talk lol.

And they STILL haven't posted all of the head shots...

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
11 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Still no squad photo on the website and still no headshot updates for the girls that are missing them. Idk what the heck they are doing over there, but they need to get it together lol. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 10/18/2023 at 5:58 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

First the positive:
They put all 4th and 5th years in the first two rows.  I am glad they didn't do a Loni Lindsay or Cassie Trammel with choice placement over more senior vets.

Now the negatives:

Horrible photoshopping - especially in the second row. The very first thing I noticed was the poor photoshopping in Kelcey's row. There is no way to unsee it.

Tori's height. She  is always shrunken to be the height of shorties - I think this is the third year in a row her body looks disproportionate to real life.

Added shadow on Zhenya's torso makes Darian's hair look messy.

Jessica is in row two yet despite all the photshopping they didn't fix her knee. She was clearly standing with a bent knee in the photo they chose and they just cut the rest of her legs off.

Lea, Tori, and KayDianna - they used their cameo photos! 

(Edit - on second look that is not KD's cameo photo since her torso is torqued to the side. The facial pose is near identical in both photos). 

Kally, Reece, and Mckenna - Their hair all looks connected in chain like a jump rope.

Boring placement - I agree with the sentiment they should have placed Kelcey and Chandi  like they did in 2021 where Gina and Lexie split the middle as 5th years. It would make for a more visually interesting photo.

TPTB  - Puhlease bring back a real time group photo. This is year 4 of this nonsense! We have no show, and your photoshopped group photos look bad. 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

First the positive:
They put all 4th and 5th years in the first two rows.  I am glad they didn't do a Loni Lindsay or Cassie Trammel with choice placement over more senior vets.

Agree. I actually find it funny how in one of the later seasons of Making The Team (I forgot which one), Kelli mentions how it has always been "tradition" that the veterans get the front rows while the rookies stay in the back when we know for certain that wasn't always the case. It was only up until the 2010s (I wanna say 2011 but I could be wrong) that it was fully implemented. Just from the MTT years alone I can think of girls like Carrie Stillwell, Melissa Rycroft, Loni Lindsey, and Abigail Klein getting the privilege of being in the front 2 rows while on their rookie season. Meanwhile Lynlee Allen (who was a 5th year veteran during MTT Season 1) was in the standing in the 3rd row and Whitney Ott (a 4th year veteran on the same season) was in the 4th row.

So...yeah, I for one am glad that they don't do this anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Agree. I actually find it funny how in one of the later seasons of Making The Team (I forgot which one), Kelli mentions how it has always been "tradition" that the veterans get the front rows while the rookies stay in the back when we know for certain that wasn't always the case. It was only up until the 2010s (I wanna say 2011 but I could be wrong) that it was fully implemented. Just from the MTT years alone I can think of girls like Carrie Stillwell, Melissa Rycroft, Loni Lindsey, and Abigail Klein getting the privilege of being in the front 2 rows while on their rookie season. Meanwhile Lynlee Allen (who was a 5th year veteran during MTT Season 1) was in the standing in the 3rd row and Whitney Ott (a 4th year veteran on the same season) was in the 4th row.

So...yeah, I for one am glad that they don't do this anymore. 

In the 2007 squad picture Abigail, Loni, and Melissa R are all in the front row. Erica Jenkins got the 3rd row while the rest of the rookies are in the last 3 rows. 

The DCRB haven't posted their 2023-24 squad picture yet. Their last year's (2022-23) looked better than the DCCs even if it was photoshopped. 

EDITED The DSIG 2023-24 squad picture looks photo shopped too. https://www.instagram.com/p/CyUDiFTRDzr/

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/18/2023 at 7:58 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

So is that supposed to be VK on the front right?  Face and smile look so different!  

• Like 2
On 10/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, MrsEVH said:

In the 2007 squad picture Abigail, Loni, and Melissa R are all in the front row. Erica Jenkins got the 3rd row while the rest of the rookies are in the last 3 rows

I kinda get why they put Abigail and Loni in the front row, because they were so pretty. But Melissa? Lol I mean she is pretty, but definitely not on their level IMO. She must have been a favorite or something. I haven't watched the first few seasons in a long time now. 

They need to get back to taking the squad photo again. This photoshopping is just ridiculous. 

• Applause 2
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

The more I watch MTT repeats, the more I like Loni. Her reaction to making the team is one of my favorites, just a look of pure happiness combined with shock and relief.

Loni, Natalie, and Kelli Jo are my favorites from that season. All of them never gave up and had good attitudes when called into the office. I think Loni knew she was lucky to make it that year.  She also had to know she most likely wouldn't make it back for a 2nd one so she probably just enjoyed the year she had.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

She also had to know she most likely wouldn't make it back for a 2nd one so she probably just enjoyed the year she had.

I agree. Also, I imagine Natalie felt the same.

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 2
On 10/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, ClassicPegg said:

Update:  2 weeks later... & still no head shots for 14 DCCs:  Kelcey, Armani, Dani, Darian, Jada, Jessica, KayDianna, Madeline, Megan, Rebecca, Kally, Karley, Kylie & Sophie.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
38 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

Update:  2 weeks later... & still no head shots for 14 DCCs:  Kelcey, Armani, Dani, Darian, Jada, Jessica, KayDianna, Madeline, Megan, Rebecca, Kally, Karley, Kylie & Sophie.

I don't even see the squad picture on the DCC site.

• Like 1

So they performed with queen again, like they did a few years ago? Is this the same show(s) where queen had other team’s cheerleaders join them at each show etc from the a year or 2 or whenever the last time it happened was?

Also who do we think is retiring this year  besides the 2 or 3 that have already announced it eg Kelcey, chandi and someone else whose name I can’t remember that has said it already

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

So they performed with queen again, like they did a few years ago? Is this the same show(s) where queen had other team’s cheerleaders join them at each show etc from the a year or 2 or whenever the last time it happened was?

I just don’t get the Queen hype

15 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Also who do we think is retiring this year  besides the 2 or 3 that have already announced it eg Kelcey, chandi and someone else whose name I can’t remember that has said it already

Kelcey, Chandi. I think both McKenzie and Jessica have stated they planned on retiring after 4 years.

There will be more 4th years that retire. And at least a couple 3rd years. I think we will see at least 10 leave either for injury, retirement, or cut.

I miss the days when they freely announced their retirements around the end of the football season. Now it seems like everything is tight-lipped until May auditions.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

I just don’t get the Queen hype

Their old songs are what made them but they got Adam lambert as lead now so I think they are milking it. Just like the Swedish Group, ABBA (whom I love their songs and their musical) but I just don’t get the cheerleaders (not just dcc but the local cheerleaders in whatever area they are in atm) involvement with queen at all, I don’t think queen has toured uk in the last few years (I hope I’m wrong I’ve not been to see any bands in a concert in years)

2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Kelcey, Chandi. I think both McKenzie and Jessica have stated they planned on retiring after 4 years.

There will be more 4th years that retire. And at least a couple 3rd years. I think we will see at least 10 leave either for injury, retirement, or cut.

I miss the days when they freely announced their retirements around the end of the football season. Now it seems like everything is tight-lipped until May auditions.

And even then they’re tighter lip about auditions too but I get it when the show was going on, but now that the shows over ….. I’ll stop before i get bitchy about it and I am really bitchy today (don’t ask, it’s one of them days today, so my claws are out for everything today!!)

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Just another reason why I feel so disconnected from the team, the ladies, the organization as a whole these days … mostly due to the show’s demise.  It used to be so cool kinda feeling like you were so invested in the team’s ins and outs. Sucks now. 

14 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Their old songs are what made them but they got Adam lambert as lead now so I think they are milking it. Just like the Swedish Group, ABBA (whom I love their songs and their musical) but I just don’t get the cheerleaders (not just dcc but the local cheerleaders in whatever area they are in atm) involvement with queen at all, I don’t think queen has toured uk in the last few years (I hope I’m wrong I’ve not been to see any bands in a concert in years)

And even then they’re tighter lip about auditions too but I get it when the show was going on, but now that the shows over ….. I’ll stop before i get bitchy about it and I am really bitchy today (don’t ask, it’s one of them days today, so my claws are out for everything today!!)

I’m boycotting all classic rock bands until Steve Perry reunites with Journey dammit….oh I’ll be waiting a while…🪦⚰️

On 11/8/2023 at 2:53 PM, StepKickClunk said:

I’m boycotting all classic rock bands until Steve Perry reunites with Journey dammit….oh I’ll be waiting a while

Who knows, it can happen. Don't stop believing!! 😜 

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
On 11/8/2023 at 2:40 PM, Uk-Eve said:

They toured Europe in the summer of 2022, including 10 sold out nights at the O2 in London.  I think Kelli is a fan from what she’s posted.  

42 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

I'm surprised no one has posted about Dolly Parton in a DCC uni.  I loved it!  She is one hot mama.  Go Dolly.

71688615007-usatsi-21960465.jpg

71688620007-usatsi-21960468.jpg

71688621007-usatsi-21960479.jpg

I was surprised she didn't have on a pair of the boots.  I also wonder if Lisa, the one who makes the uniforms, did Dolly's?

• Like 4
3 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

I was surprised she didn't have on a pair of the boots.  I also wonder if Lisa, the one who makes the uniforms, did Dolly's?

The boots may have been more comfortable.  In those heels, she was holding on to that star for dear life.  LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

I also wonder if Lisa, the one who makes the uniforms, did Dolly's?

Lisa posted somewhere on social media that she didn't.

Also...ummmm...NOT FAIR!! The woman is going to be 78!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/27/2023 at 11:53 AM, Weeklydcc said:

I'm surprised no one has posted about Dolly Parton in a DCC uni.  I loved it!  She is one hot mama.  Go Dolly.

71688615007-usatsi-21960465.jpg

71688620007-usatsi-21960468.jpg

71688621007-usatsi-21960479.jpg

I swear, although obvi super petite, to me she looked almost just like the blonde DCC Barbie doll. 

I thought she would’ve been soooo cute in a pair of Luchesse high heeled DCC boots… like not cowboy, but more like a go-go stylized bedazzled version 🤩

She slayed. Period. 

On 11/28/2023 at 10:20 PM, StepKickClunk said:

thought she would’ve been soooo cute in a pair of Luchesse high heeled DCC boots

What kind of shoes did she wear? I never did see a head-to-toe picture.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

What kind of shoes did she wear? I never did see a head-to-toe picture.

I barely, and I mean barely, caught a glimpse down near her calf/ankle area. But I couldn’t see the shoes directly or the floor of the stage.  It was more like when she was passing through the stage lights.  I’m assuming they were just high heels of some kind from what I could tell. But what I could see was what looked like the sheer bedazzled stockings/tights stretched down to the ankle area or over onto the high heels possibly (kinda like how ice skaters cover their boots sometimes by stretching their tights over them). Hope that makes sense. But there were no boots for sure from what I could see. It was like the beige tights all the way down. 

Maybe someone saw more. Please, correct me if I’m wrong. 

Edited by StepKickClunk
Corrections welcome

Here are the shoe she arrived in...  and the 2nd pic is the best one I've seen of her shoes on stage.  I 'think' they are the same.  Her bedazzled body suit goes from her neckline down to her toes and goes to her mid-fingers.

1-Dolly's arrival shoes.jpg

2-Dolly's stage shoes.jpg

3-Dolly's body suit.jpg

4-Dolly's hands.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Here are screenshots from her performance video on youtube... you can see her shoe between the monitors.

Dolly walk 1.jpg

Dolly walk 2.jpg

I was right. Platforms which would be hard to perform in especially on a smaller stage.

• Like 2

Who made Dolly's uniform because if Lisa didn't then who did because surely DCC and Charlotte wouldnt allow anyone (anymore) to keep the uniform. I had wondered why they made her a uniform but wasn't sure whether it was one of the old shorts with the current shorts but longer for Dolly etc. I mean its kind of like that debacle with, whats her name who went to tryouts in the 90s and got to try on the uniform and took a pic and "claimed" she was a DCC (or something to that effect) and noone believed it was the real DCC uniform because the sleeves was so much shinier and looked home made etc or something. 

I mean it looks real, but is it real? Was she allowed to keep it etc?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

Who made Dolly's uniform because if Lisa didn't then who did because surely DCC and Charlotte wouldnt allow anyone (anymore) to keep the uniform. I had wondered why they made her a uniform but wasn't sure whether it was one of the old shorts with the current shorts but longer for Dolly etc. I mean its kind of like that debacle with, whats her name who went to tryouts in the 90s and got to try on the uniform and took a pic and "claimed" she was a DCC (or something to that effect) and noone believed it was the real DCC uniform because the sleeves was so much shinier and looked home made etc or something. 

I mean it looks real, but is it real? Was she allowed to keep it etc?

Steven Kent Summers is Dolly Parton’s longtime creative director.  I’m thinking he’s the one that created her uniform.  If the material came from the DCC uniform closet, I don’t think Jerry Jones himself would tell Dolly Parton she couldn’t keep any part of it. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, WenD08 said:

Steven Kent Summers is Dolly Parton’s longtime creative director.  I’m thinking he’s the one that created her uniform.  If the material came from the DCC uniform closet, I don’t think Jerry Jones himself would tell Dolly Parton she couldn’t keep any part of it. 

Well Jerry said a lot of things. Wasn’t this the same Jerry that wanted the cheerleaders to have shorter shorts (back when the shorts was much bigger) and then when the show was on the shorts was hideously short and then it kind of got a little bit bigger when Yuko was on the squad (but then again if I remember from the show, Lisa has them touching their toes to make sure their butt pops out when they bend down and the front ended up a little longer because every girls body and butt is different shape/size etc).

But then again how many girls or “famous” people got to keep the uniforms after they started to clam down on the girls taking and keeping their uniform they don’t like people taking their properties etc to resell etc 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Well Jerry said a lot of things. Wasn’t this the same Jerry that wanted the cheerleaders to have shorter shorts (back when the shorts was much bigger) . . . 

Yes, this was the same Jerry who, when he bought the Cowboys, wanted the uniforms MUCH skimpier as well as wanted the girls to "sell" alcohol in commercials and he also wanted to pimp them out to his friends and/or the highest bidder.  IIRC, these were some of, if not the main, reasons so many girls walked out that season and possibly the DCC director replaced (because, IIRC, the one at the time didn't really protect the girls or stand up against Jerry).

Once everything hit the media, Jerry backed off and really didn't push the issue again, but he also really doesn't protect the girls or, really, any of the workers that are part of the organizations unless it's the players and likely the support staff for the players.

• Applause 1

Think ProBowl will be announced tonight? Last home game of the regular season? 
I know lots of other teams have announced theirs already… curious if DCC will do theirs on a game day rather than a practice session